Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term (2307 Views)

What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? / What Do I Invest 100k With or what kind of business can i do with 100k Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by chison89: 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
Pls fellow Nairalanders,I need your profound advise on how I will wisely invest my #100,000.

I have #100,000 now and am about entering school(i.e university)by God's grace this year, therefore wish to invest this money for long term.

*My Plan;
This is my plan which I have in mind,I aim to studying Medicine which is my dream and presently am going for Nursing first,using Nursing as the basic(foundation)then proceed to studying medicine. Therefore,I do not want money to hold me back or be an obstacle to me after doing the Nursing,so that immediately I finish,I can switch swiftly back to Medicine.

*Inclusion;
Hence,which kind of investment can I put the money in to yield much value or profit for that period of 5years.

You are free to comment pls and help a young poor guy to planning for the future.Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by iamSi(m): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
All You gotta do is do FIXED DEPOSIT with any reliable bank ...GTbank will do...Bro that's my BEST ADVICE FOR YOU ...

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by Crispin(m): 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
He is right, FIX the money

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by chison89: 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
Thanks bro........I really appreciate.
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by godsgracealways: 10:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
When you fixed your money..it has no risk bt little interest ...and since what u want to use it for is schooling.. I want to believe is the same money you want to use for schooling..if you fix it..you can't collect it after 1year...that's when it will be yielding..my advice for you is to see business you can be doing there in your school..when I was in university..I sell wears boutique wears, wristwatch I import it wit little capital..which I gain a lot from it..that can't disturb your study. you will market it at your own convenient time.. Those you are to target..are the students in your school..I tell you the do buy wears..especially good wears ...if you are interested I will direct you to where you can get such wears at lower price and the site to get the watches ...at lease u will get 40percet of the money you use to invest...call for more details..07069132288
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by Jacupel: 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
@op, you could invest in a network marketing business if you are open to the idea. I can introduce u to a network marketing company that started operations in Nigeria in 2012(Established in the Philippines in 2006). So far so good, there has been no bad review about them. Since u r going to be in the field of medicine, getting customers for food supplements should be relatively easy. If u have an entrepreneurial spirit and good communication skills, then, the sky is ur starting point at this company. The business isn't time consuming and u can do it on the side without it affecting your studies. You can contact me on: jacupel.uwa@gmail.com for more info.
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by OCTAVO: 12:49am On Aug 01, 2014
Chison89, go and buy a land!!! Land appreciates over time. You can still get a plot for that amount (may be outskirt though). I pray that you will understand what I'm telling you. Goodluck!
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by iameffiong(m): 1:08am On Aug 01, 2014
chison89: Pls fellow Nairalanders,I need your profound advise on how I will wisely invest my #100,000.

I have #100,000 now and am about entering school(i.e university)by God's grace this year, therefore wish to invest this money for long term.

*My Plan;
This is my plan which I have in mind,I aim to studying Medicine which is my dream and presently am going for Nursing first,using Nursing as the basic(foundation)then proceed to studying medicine. Therefore,I do not want money to hold me back or be an obstacle to me after doing the Nursing,so that immediately I finish,I can switch swiftly back to Medicine.

*Inclusion;
Hence,which kind of investment can I put the money in to yield much value or profit for that period of 5years.

You are free to comment pls and help a young poor guy to planning for the future.Thanks
you can try forex trading, investing $500 u get $1200 in two months. Quote me if u need more details
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by tonytony208(m): 4:36am On Aug 01, 2014
iameffiong: you can try forex trading, investing $500 u get $1200 in two months. Quote me if u need more details

sir, i need more details
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by Cooleasy(m): 5:54am On Aug 01, 2014
@OP, if you don't mind, there's a very simple online business I'm doing now, which you can start with less than 20k. It is very flexible and clean business which you can be doing at home with your computer plus internet. Most guys who are into online business don't yet know about this one but the few that are into it are very happy. I actually started my own with around 16k or thereabout and I'm satisfied now, because the main thing it needs is your two hours of work everyday more than your money. I've seen many other nice ideas from other people here but this doesn't stop you from trying what I'm about giving you.
PLEASE NOTE that I won't ask you for any money; the information is free of charge, all the way. If you or anybody is interested, just send an email with the tiitle: I AM INTERESTED IN THE REAL DEAL to the email address on my profile. And you will be happy.
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by Businesslocator(m): 6:13am On Aug 01, 2014
invest and get paid after 7 business
days check the link on my
signature.
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by bedfordng(m): 10:43am On Aug 01, 2014
When people talk about investment,i don't know why guys like refering them to do online business.its not every one that would have the time for such.considering the op wants to study medicine which is a course that needs attention,you can't expect such person to start engaging in most of the online stuffs.as for me, you have two options, its either you fix it in a bank,there is a program in firstbank that has to do with fixing any amount from 5000 every month which you are to leave for over 3years or more.if you can do this,i will recommend you take advantage of it as a student by sacrificing 5k every month into the account and you get interest even compounding it.second option,if you are a guy man,then you can start some thing tangible at school environment but i don't know if you would want to engage in biz stuffs since you want to study medicine as it requires attention.when i was in school,i did scholarship reg,post ume reg,selling of past question at school,phone flashing,selling of project topics and laptop repairs,matriculation day is not left out because you can engage in photo snapping with some one.just a student things which did not affect my academics.if you have handwork,you can invest in it and before you know it,some of your colleagues will patronize you.so when thinking of a biz to invest on,make sure its not the kind that would affect your academic.there are lots of things you can do in school to make money which many students look common, but the more they look it as common,the more lucrative it becomes because there may be no competition since every one would be claiming big boys in school.just take time to study the environment and look for what to invest in.trust me,if you can do this,you will see the secret as money will not be a problem for you while in school as many student sees it as common.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by Lordwize(m): 8:46am On Aug 02, 2014
bedfordng: When people talk about investment,i don't know why guys like refering them to do online business.its not every one that would have the time for such.considering the op wants to study medicine which is a course that needs attention,you can't expect such person to start engaging in most of the online stuffs.as for me, you have two options, its either you fix it in a bank,there is a program in firstbank that has to do with fixing any amount from 5000 every month which you are to leave for over 3years or more.if you can do this,i will recommend you take advantage of it as a student by sacrificing 5k every month into the account and you get interest even compounding it.second option,if you are a guy man,then you can start some thing tangible at school environment but i don't know if you would want to engage in biz stuffs since you want to study medicine as it requires attention.when i was in school,i did scholarship reg,post ume reg,selling of past question at school,phone flashing,selling of project topics and laptop repairs,matriculation day is not left out because you can engage in photo snapping with some one.just a student things which did not affect my academics.if you have handwork,you can invest in it and before you know it,some of your colleagues will patronize you.so when thinking of a biz to invest on,make sure its not the kind that would affect your academic.there are lots of things you can do in school to make money which many students look common, but the more they look it as common,the more lucrative it becomes because there may be no competition since every one would be claiming big boys in school.just take time to study the environment and look for what to invest in.trust me,if you can do this,you will see the secret as money will not be a problem for you while in school as many student sees it as common.
What is the name of the first bank stuff? I'm interested, God bless you.
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by okumbe(m): 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
iameffiong: you can try forex trading, investing $500 u get $1200 in two months. Quote me if u need more details
@Chison, don't go there ok, don't invest ur money on any online business, all of them are all crooks. Do skuls business or u fix deposit or buy a land period.
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
OCTAVO: Chison89, go and buy a land!!! Land appreciates over time. You can still get a plot for that amount (may be outskirt though). I pray that you will understand what I'm telling you. Goodluck!
Seconded. If you know how to go about it to avoid being scammed, you won't regret it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by OCTAVO: 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
candy:
Seconded. If you know how to go about it to avoid being scammed, you won't regret it.
I know someone that bought a plot of land for around 100k when he was in year two in the University. He has graduated now, the asking price for the same plot of land is now 800k.
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by bedfordng(m): 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
Lordwize: What is the name of the first bank stuff? I'm interested, God bless you.
just go to any firstbank branch and ask them about it.i did not really give attention to it when some one was telling about it due to my being in a hurry.so just go to the bank and ask about it,i believe their customer care would be able to give you an insight about it.
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by Sobrit(m): 4:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
Well a more profitable method of fixing the money is to do treasury bill. Your money is 100% safe. Ur interests u can think of what to do with it. U can visit the investment section and check the thread on treasury bill and see how to go about it. It's better than fix deposit

1 Like

Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by jta2012(m): 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
Thanks ,the few long term investments u can put the money in is

( 1 ) The stock market

( 2 ) Real estate e.g purchase of land

( 3 ) Fixed interests deposit contracts/mutual funds

( 4 ) Stable small scale biz such as retailing of GSM cards

( 5 ) buy gold with it and keep for future appreciation

( 6 ) Buy $ and keep in the bank ,sell when price moves up and buy when price is low

jtaconsulting ,LAGOS.
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by iameffiong(m): 8:55am On Aug 08, 2014
tonytony208:

sir, i need more details
I can help u trade. That's all I can say. I will be organising seminars soon and I'm sure nigerians will like the idea
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by Tena11: 11:26am On Aug 08, 2014
Hi, if you ask me.. Agronomy is what you can indulge in. All you have to do is use outsourcing through local farmers and your 100k will be producing metric tonnes of crops. 100k will give you 640k minimally. The local farmers will get fertilizer, equipments at subsidized rate and even ready made market resources will be made available. You get assistance or expertise from Federal government trained agronomy teams. This weill ensure maximum output and guarantee success. You can contact Eni.ariyo@hot mail.com for more info. You won't be paying a dime. I think this is a realistic investment.. Investing 100k and becoming a producer of maybe rice, maize, cassava or sesame seed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by bedfordng(m): 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
better still you can buy treasury bill.just go to your bank and make enquiry about tbill and the minimum account.you can tell them to be compounding it for you 91days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by Youngzedd(m): 6:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Sobrit: Well a more profitable method of fixing the money is to do treasury bill. Your money is 100% safe. Ur interests u can think of what to do with it. U can visit the investment section and check the thread on treasury bill and see how to go about it. It's better than fix deposit

Best advise of the century.

All those shouting fix deposit don'tknow anything about it.
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by Youngzedd(m): 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
bedfordng: better still you can buy treasury bill.just go to your bank and make enquiry about tbill and the minimum account.you can tell them to be compounding it for you 91days

Minimum amount for almost all banks is 100,000 NGN.
Must have a current account.
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by bedfordng(m): 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
Youngzedd:

Minimum amount for almost all banks is 100,000 NGN.
Must have a current account.
current account is not necessary as you can use savings account
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by Youngzedd(m): 7:16pm On Aug 08, 2014
bedfordng: current account is not necessary as you can use savings account

Hmm, which bank uses savings account?

Do you really invest in TBill?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by chison89: 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
bedfordng: better still you can buy treasury bill.just go to your bank and make enquiry about tbill and the minimum account.you can tell them to be compounding it for you 91days
Youngzedd:
Best advise of the century.
All those shouting fix deposit don'tknow anything about it.

Just getting more interesting,

My cordial gratitude to you all.Thanks
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by iameffiong(m): 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
tonytony208:

sir, i need more details
. Sorry I am replying this so late, its school work and I was offline for some time. Its a company based in ukraine but since they are having some problems atm, it will be hard to get paid because there is an order not to transfer huge amount of money at this period. But another business I will like you to consider is networking. You only need 2300, a gmail acct and an okpay account. Instead of wasting your mb get paid for surfing the internet. Mention for more details. Cheers
Re: How Can I Invest #100k As A Student For A Long-term by tonytony208(m): 10:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
iameffiong: . Sorry I am replying this so late, its school work and I was offline for some time. Its a company based in ukraine but since they are having some problems atm, it will be hard to get paid because there is an order not to transfer huge amount of money at this period. But another business I will like you to consider is networking. You only need 2300, a gmail acct and an okpay account. Instead of wasting your mb get paid for surfing the internet. Mention for more details. Cheers

pls help with more details

(1) (Reply)

Forex Robot Vs Manual Trading: Which One Will Make You Rich? / A Full Fledged Sport Betting Source Code For Sale / How To Become A Millionaire With Domain Flipping Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.