Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Ebola Virus Hits Lagos - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Virus Hits Lagos (66247 Views)

Febrile Rash Illnesses Hits Lagos Community, 20 Killed So Far / Bitter Kola As Cure For The Deadly Ebola Virus? / What We Need To Know About Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Youngzedd(m): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
vanstanzy:
Very lame response. Dont u know, if he dies in ur land people will be forced to handle his corpse, which still houses the deadly disease& trust Nigerians and how we handle things.

Handle weti, send him to Sambisa instanta and he will die there.

There are many ways to handle this.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
This is scary seriously.

*praying*

Mzmariah, neither Ebola virus nor any other virus(es) or disease(es) shall know our address in Jesus Name ...Amen.

#always pray for ur dear one(s).

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
Famouspecky: O lord I pray it doesn't reach northern Nigeria too,we already have issues of our own kind of Ebola ooo.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
RedBenson: This is scary seriously.

*praying*

Mzmariah, neither Ebola virus nor any other virus(es) or disease(es) shall know our address in Jesus Name ...Amen.

#always pray for ur dear one(s).
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Youngzedd(m): 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
ceejay80s: Cant they just shoot the man and bury him somewhere immediately, he's already dead, lets not allow one person ruin millions.
Òmò HIV no get mouth again

I tire Oooh
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by vanstanzy(m): 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
armadeo:

Sauce

Na wa o! take corrections na. Its source not sauce.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by cirmuell(m): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
armadeo:

The average Nigerian is so focused on day to day survival that he wouldn't even notice when a lion is peering at him through the window in the city.

On certain threads you would expect concern and fears someone is advertising shoes. Yesterday I saw someone advertising cement on the thread of the man beheaded by book haram.

God please help us. This one has passed man power.
man it's just heart-wrenching...if it's true, we are in for a very big disaster!
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
GentleMimi: This is not a rumor. It is true. Ebola is in Nigeria,Lagos state to be exact. Professional ethics prevents me frm releasing details,but it is absloutely true and scary!
I can see some peeps making jokes out of this matter. Some of us are still in shock cos we know the implications. It is worse than any disease i've ever known. Symptoms very similar to Malaria. Short incubation period and fast killer. Early detection may save lives. But the worst part is that it has NO cure.
everybody wan go heaven but no body wan die grin grin see as my people dey fear to die
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by proffemi: 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
This is a serious matter, and I suspect that very few people grasp just how dangerous the present Ebola outbreak is.

We Nigerians are very poor at actually doing something to solve our problems. I pray that will not be the case this time.
Whether Ebola is in Lagos (as seems likely) or not, six months into the epidemic, it's not too soon to start positioning ourselves. Believe me, this thing can get much, much worse. I have cast nervous glances at the Central African map over the last few decades, as valiant scientists have risked (and lost) their lives to keep Ebola contained. It appears our worst nightmares may yet play out in our lifetimes...unless we ACT!

I suggest that everyone does two things, both on this forum, and in our personal and professional lives: first, get people aware and informed, and second, let us be active. Do not assume Fashola or GEJ will do anything. Assume already that someone in your neighborhood is at risk, and that you alone can do something about it. Let us figure out what we can each do (rather than talk about).

By the way, if anyone on this forum has the ears of any top-ish NMA members, please beg them to strongly consider shelving their strike for now. I will also be doing the same. What looms before us is a national emergency of truly unprecedented proportions, and I think history will judge NMA harshly, unless they lead us to face it.

7 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
GentleMimi: This is not a rumor. It is true. Ebola is in Nigeria,Lagos state to be exact. Professional ethics prevents me frm releasing details,but it is absloutely true and scary!
I can see some peeps making jokes out of this matter. Some of us are still in shock cos we know the implications. It is worse than any disease i've ever known. Symptoms very similar to Malaria. Short incubation period and fast killer. Early detection may save lives. But the worst part is that it has NO cure.
everybody wan go heaven but no body wan die grin grin see as my people dey fear death...
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by armadeo(m): 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
vanstanzy:

Na wa o! take corrections na. Its source not sauce.

Sarcasm angry angry angry
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Dapo4u(m): 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
yunglykmine: He should be deported right away....
Ebola is too deadly.

Medicine after death. Infectious Disease Epidemiology comes to mind. The guy needs to be quarantined, contact with the outside world must be cut off. Contact tracing of his previous contacts since arriving in Nigeria, while government continues to sensitise the public.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by armadeo(m): 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
Obviously people still think this is a joke.

I only pray to God it is because we are yet to understand the implications in real terms. It beats whatever we can imagine.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by ElNur1: 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mr Ebola ,
Sir,

With all due respect, Your 1 week visa has expired and you hav caused so many destructions in West Africa. Thank you for ur short tym nd stay in Nigeria.
We no longer accept cacas lyk U in Nigeria. Nigeria is not convenient for you to stay And as a Nairalander, I hereby deport you to your mamas womb.
Your flight is due 2mrrw mrnin.
Thank you..

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by DjMosee(m): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ohh God, why nigeria now? I hpe the disease dnt spread am a Kenyan bt i pity you so much.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Meridian(f): 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
[quote author=LMAyedun]See question undecided
No be dis Nigeria again? undecided[/quote

Inspite d whole warning.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by DocRhymes: 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
Prevention for Healthcare workers.

Article link below

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/abroad/pdf/vhf-interim-guidance.pdf
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by yungchop: 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
engineerd: I just called my parents and told them to get the phuck outta Nigeria...no questions asked .......There is only one life to live..
keep showing yourself, mofo
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
MzMariah: Amen.

Arrived safely?
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by SangoCrusader: 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
I remember hen the SARS virus was rampaging most of Asia. Th UK took no chances and xrayed EVERYONE getting into their country from ASIA, AFRICA and the Middle East just to make sure nothing came through their borders. People coming from particularly endemic areas were investigated longer. Are you telling me that with this virus rampaging parts of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone, we are still letting people in from those countries WITHOUT ANY GODD DANM CHECKS!!! i'M GETTING THE PHUCK OUT OF NAIJA MAN!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by daben1(m): 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
tintingz: The man should be isolated before it spread.
isolated?...it's just like saying u don't want body contact while walking inside the market, he'll still come in contact with people no matter how he's isolated!!
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Boss13: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
I have some issues with this Ebola. I believe there are some conspiracy theory. How did it get to Africa? I can swear it never existed but was created. But why should Africa be the testing ground

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by mixedgene: 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
What is the etymology cum origin of ebola?
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
Adorayble: Health workers r more @ risk? Lod please help me and my colleagues,na ur hand we dey...

Resign asap now that u still have time. That's best u can do.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Sike(m): 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
Our God will protect us. I believe!
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
yungchop: keep showing yourself, mofo

Don't get hit by a bus on your way out...monkey with internet....I don't blame ya....phuckin a5s wipe!
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by cirmuell(m): 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
Meridian: .
we are ruled by buffoons, this virus has been ravaging west Africa for months now I'm surprised nothing was done about the borders now it's here and we are in for a big one.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
This is the time to sensitize the public on the need for constant washing of hands particularly after a handshake and also for bankers and traders to have their hands properly washed after counting cash. For guys who patronize call girls this is the time to take a break cause body fluids like saliva and possibly sweat can put us at risk.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Christmasdon(m): 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
We are finished be that now, tiis one badt pass aids gan, hey! Chineke anom gi'naka oh. This is a means by which afrikaan's as a whole will be wiped out. Isinit. G0D HAS NOT SAID ANything, I believe in God.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Soknown: 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
daben1: isolated?...it's just like saying u don't want body contact while walking inside the market, he'll still come in contact with people no matter how he's isolated!!
No , If he is isolated , he will only have contacts with health workers who would be in proper personal protective gear, hazard suit and all.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
yunglykmine: He should be deported right away....
Ebola is too deadly.
Abi ooo.. Lord hv mercy
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by ebohlly: 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
I dnt get u wen u said a fool grown graduate mr man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Wuhan Pool Party In China Sparks Outrage Amidst Covid-19 - Video / Somebody Help What Is Happening To My Little Brother / Lose Weight Without Starving Yourself With These Nigerian Herbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.