Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Intelligence Over Creativity. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Intelligence Over Creativity. (15795 Views)

Photo: This Is Called Creativity! / Is Intelligence Overrated: What You Really Need To Succeed / Ogun Isoye: Medicine For Retentive Memory And Intelligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Karleb(m): 5:35am On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1: This is a tough one. But I think creativity is a standout of intelligence. So you've got to be intelligent to be creative. undecided

Okay check this puzzle out. Intelligent peeps will only read this, while creative peeps will understand this.

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

Abi now, creativity all the way. undecided

I just love this!

In other words,

Intelligence =thinking ordinary.

Creativity= thinking beyond the ordinary.

Creativity all the way to Moscow cool tongue

2 Likes

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1: This is a tough one. But I think creativity is a standout of intelligence. So you've got to be intelligent to be creative. undecided

Okay check this puzzle out. Intelligent peeps will only read this, while creative peeps will understand this.

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

It took me about 1 minute or less to solve that puzzle....Very nice
Put together a 2 and a mirror reflected 2 and u get a fish shape
Put together a 3 and a mirror reflected 3 and u get figure 8
Put together a 7 and a mirror reflected 7 and u get a triangle shape..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by GodMode: 5:45am On Sep 04, 2014
emekakelvin: You may be intelligent and end up not being creative. The attribute of being intelligent are sometimes innate, but they are related to environmental factor.

An intelligent man is someone who follows lay down principle to solve human problem, while a Creative man is someone who puzzle a solution when the lay down principle aiint bringing result.

From the look of things, I am creative man for getting you of this confusion(question) bothering your mind. Am I not ?grintonguewink

When you are creative you are intelligent, but being intelligent does not match creativity. Creativity is the key cheesy
Dazall

frankben: Creativity is a natural instinct but intelligence can be developed... One who is creative can build on intelligence but one who is intelligent might lack creativity and can't develop it... I think creativity gets the nod here.. smiley

You need intelligence to be creative.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by GodMode: 5:48am On Sep 04, 2014
Karleb:

I just love this!

In other words,

Intelligence =thinking ordinary.

Creativity= thinking beyond the ordinary.

Creativity all the way to Moscow cool tongue

Wrong

Intelligence = creativity..

because u need the ability to understand before you can create anything.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Awaja(m): 6:04am On Sep 04, 2014
To me,d two words works hand in hand,u can't be intelligent & won't be creative *so intelligence matters *creativity follows*
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by mcwizard(m): 6:13am On Sep 04, 2014
Intelligent and creativity are brothers, but intelligent is the senior leading his brother creative ways to pass through.
:
:
What I know is that every man is being blessed with a gift to create new thing, some discover theirs before they die while some die with theirs, salah let me stand out with my gift, "still on researching"!
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Karleb(m): 6:19am On Sep 04, 2014
GodMode:

Wrong

Intelligence = creativity..

because u need the ability to understand before you can create anything.

Of course you need intelligence to be creative.

Let me put it like this, intelligence and creativity are like the oga and he's receptionist in an office, if you want to see the oga(creativity) you must first pass through the reception/receptionist(intelligence) before you can meet the oga. wink

2 Likes

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by dat9jaguy(m): 6:20am On Sep 04, 2014

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

Solved.U made it easy by emphasizing on creativity.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Abbey2sam(m): 6:26am On Sep 04, 2014

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

now what do you call people that can't solve this,
Even though it took me sometimes to figure this out
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by misterh(m): 6:31am On Sep 04, 2014
Creative is the advanced level of intelligence. Mike Ross is creative and as such, more useful to Harvey Specter and the firm. Got it?
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by KwoiZabo(m): 6:46am On Sep 04, 2014
engineerd:

nonsense, how will 2 and 2 give u fish shape. * gets angry and walks off d thread*

1 Like

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by NSNA: 6:53am On Sep 04, 2014

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

solved in 30 sec

I dey creative o
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by cirmuell(m): 6:55am On Sep 04, 2014

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

I like your siggy!

1 Like

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by EddyNumerouno(m): 6:56am On Sep 04, 2014
Let's assume McGuiver to be creative and Newton to be intelligent, so I don't think they can be seperated because it all balls town to problem solving, but most people look at intelligence through the eyes of academics.

Last bullet, "If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its life believing it is stupid"...albert einstein
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by adexsimply(m): 6:57am On Sep 04, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Superstar007(m): 7:04am On Sep 04, 2014

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

Niggers will hit google and will come here to claim to have solved it within a minute.

1 Like

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by adexsimply(m): 7:14am On Sep 04, 2014
Lol..intelligence any day any time. Cool enough, you can't be intelligent without having a spark of creativity. People think creativity is only artistic, whereas, It's far beyond that.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 04, 2014
engineerd:

U are the one that helps me out. I have spent 15 minute reasoning about the answer.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by tunapawizzy: 7:22am On Sep 04, 2014
Thiss a no-brainer. As a matter of fact there is little or no room for comparison. It takes an intelligent man to be creative. But if u must separate the two, Creativity is certainly a step ahead
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by adexsimply(m): 7:24am On Sep 04, 2014
Karleb:

Of course you need intelligence to be creative.

Let me put it like this, intelligence and creativity are like the oga and he's receptionist in an office, if you want to see the oga(creativity) you must first pass through the reception/receptionist(intelligence) before you can meet the oga. wink

on the contrary, you don't need above average intelligence to be creative.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by adexsimply(m): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2014
Caracta
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by elspycey(m): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2014
I believe intelligence goes a long way beyond knowing things, it encompasses doing things also, creativity is about doing things, you can't be creative without knowing what you're doing, now that's where intelligence comes in.... Summarily, I'd say, intelligence is the mother of creativity.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by pelvicky(m): 7:31am On Sep 04, 2014

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

i don't understand ur puzzle o...

Dnt tell am nt creative o
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nelrulez(m): 7:33am On Sep 04, 2014
I am intelligent and creativesmiley

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

1 Like

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Caracta(f): 7:34am On Sep 04, 2014
adexsimply: Caracta

A-ca-scuze me!
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by adexsimply(m): 7:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Caracta:

A-ca-scuze me!
A-ca-contribute angry
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by AdeniyiA(m): 7:46am On Sep 04, 2014
Take our education system as an example, intelligent students are made to cram all discoveries of dead creative minds but are not taught to be creative themselves...

1 Like

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Cheers01: 7:47am On Sep 04, 2014

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

This very comment shows that you are not even intelligent. wink

You will find that there are different forms of creativity or even intelligence.

For instance, there are people good with word puzzles but cant do a simple image puzzle like rubiks cube

There are people that can solve your number/shape puzzle but cant solve a well-worded riddle.

Some can do sudoku but cant do crosswords.

Creativity comes out in different ways. Some people can make a creative music video only for someone to make a creative parody of that video.

The people who designed the security for a banking system were creative......until a fraudster found the loophole by reverse engineering. So who is creative? The designer or the hacker? The answer is Both.

Just even look at Nairaland-

1) we have graphic designers who can create amazing posters but cant write English to save their lives while we have writers who can create amazing stories with English language but cant design a simple pixel to save their lives. Both are creative

7 Likes

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Caracta(f): 7:52am On Sep 04, 2014
adexsimply: A-ca-contribute angry

Lol. Haven't read the comments but I think creativity is a subset of intelligence. How can you define intelligence without creativity? Creativity is thinking out of the box. You have to be intelligent to do that right?
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by alaladakosta(f): 7:54am On Sep 04, 2014
Nonsense
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Caracta(f): 7:54am On Sep 04, 2014
AdeniyiA: Take our education system as an example, intelligent students are made to cram all discoveries of dead creative minds but are not taught to be creative themselves...

I beg your pardon. Intelligent students don't cram, only mediocres do.

1 Like

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Cheers01: 7:57am On Sep 04, 2014
Caracta:

I beg your pardon. Intelligent students don't cram, only mediocres do.

lol......I would argue that cramming is a form of intelligence.

Cramming shows a retentive memory- an ability to remember a whole lot of things. Cramming can help if you have limited time to read for an exam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNICAL Suspends Payment Of School Charges Till Further Notice / 2018 JAMB Printing Of UTME Notification Slip Date / Female Students Should Stop Cooking For Their Boyfriends - Zambian Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.