Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC (18906 Views)

Drug Or Injections: Which Do You Prefer? / NDLEA Arrests Music Producer With Illegal Drugs Worth N374m (photo) / How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by OtunbaJega: 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
A growing number of American women are getting plastic surgery to enhance their behinds. But with the costs running into the thousands of dollars, many are choosing cheap, illegal and life-threatening backstreet procedures.

She did it because she thought she'd look better, and be more desirable.

But getting injections for a bigger behind was the biggest mistake Natalie Johnson ever made.

At her home in a Miami suburb, she shows me pictures of her scarred body, bruised and blackened from decaying tissue.

"I didn't need it, I was perfect without it," she says. "I was in a lifestyle where I felt if I had a big old butt, I could make more money."

The pain she has to endure is so severe that it is hard for her to sit down for too long. Johnson relies on her nine-year-old daughter to help with the most basic of tasks.

Johnson was working as an exotic dancer when she met someone claiming to be a doctor who offered to perform a buttocks-enhancement procedure at a fraction of the price of a registered surgeon.
It did not seem out of the ordinary. Other friends had it done and plenty of young women in Miami desire a larger behind to look like the dancers in music videos, Johnson says.

She says a man named O'Neal Morris came to her house wearing white scrubs - "looking professional" - and injected a substance into her behind using plastic syringe.

At first the results were good: a firmer, rounder rear, bringing her closer to her goal of a "Coca-Cola bottle-shaped body".

She had two more rounds of treatment. Soon after, the problems began.

"It started making me really, really sick. I noticed it was starting to disintegrate and my butt turned wrinkly," she says.
line

"I was getting dizzy, and feeling fatigued."

On one occasion Johnson was rushed to hospital after she stopped breathing.

Morris began a one-year jail sentence in January for practising medicine without a licence.

Women who came forward during the trial said Morris, who is not a qualified doctor, had injected them with a range of substances including cement, superglue and tyre sealant.

The Federal Bureau of Investigations says the numbers of cases of people posing as fake doctors to perform this kind of treatment are on the rise, especially in Florida, New York, California and Texas.

At his surgery in a Miami suburb, Dr Alberto Gallerani shows me vials containing things he has pulled out of patients' buttocks, including olive oil and super glue.

A certified plastic surgeon, Gallerani has been treating Johnson and hundreds of other women and men who come to him for corrective surgery after botched procedures.

His client and friend, 20-year-old Claudia Aderotimi, died in 2011 after she flew from London to Philadelphia to get injections from a woman she met online. Doctors believe the illegal silicone shots spread to her organs, killing her. The person accused of administering the procedure is due in court next year.

Ali says Aderotimi believed a bigger behind would help her make it in the music industry.

"When girls go out and one of them has a big rear, she gets all the attention. She'll get everything, free lifts, free drinks," he says. "It's well known, girls with bigger bums have more attention and they have big jobs and they're more in demand."

Ali says young women to whom he has spoken are afraid to discuss the issue openly, and won't admit they might want to get surgery in the first place, which also drives many to underground procedures. He says many women fly to the US to get the injections because they are harder to find in the UK.

Tragically, Aderotimi is not alive to warn others of the dangers, but Johnson believes by sharing her story she can save others from the same fate.

"Stick with what God gave you," she says.

"I tell girls, if it ain't broke don't fix it. You are beautiful the way you are."

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28448688

5 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by pickabeau1: 2:56am On Jul 25, 2014
Sad

A syndrome fired by a mix of economic factors , ever demanding and sexed up public , low self esteem and a thriving booty black market

She is lucky to be alive

13 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by YoursGEJ(m): 4:00am On Jul 25, 2014
Even 14 year old girls for high school dey do plastic surgery dem go come look like 20
Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Dzeem: 4:03am On Jul 25, 2014
U were created in God's perfect image and yet u choose to be artificial, hips don't lie!!!i guess ur butt has lied now oooo!!!and has failed u.../o away with ur xpired butt

6 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Rilwayne001: 4:03am On Jul 25, 2014
Everygirl wants to be like Nicki Minaj....SMH

If our Nigeria ladies get to know about such injection, am very sure they will rush at it....

8 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 25, 2014
big booty is the new thing now......even beckys be rocking big booties now.....i told her look back at it......

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by shadowwalker101: 4:05am On Jul 25, 2014
Nikki minaj things on point
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by blogexpert12(m): 4:08am On Jul 25, 2014
booked

Remember to also visit us on www.supergists.com
Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by DaBozz(m): 4:12am On Jul 25, 2014
God is the chief clay moulder, we are His masterpiece and there's no need to go artificial. You are beautiful just the way you are.

9 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Ashantiking: 4:15am On Jul 25, 2014
OtunbaJega: A growing number of American women are getting plastic surgery to enhance their behinds. But with the costs running into the thousands of dollars, many are choosing cheap, illegal and life-threatening backstreet procedures.

She did it because she thought she'd look better, and be more desirable.

But getting injections for a bigger behind was the biggest mistake Natalie Johnson ever made.

At her home in a Miami suburb, she shows me pictures of her scarred body, bruised and blackened from decaying tissue.

"I didn't need it, I was perfect without it," she says. "I was in a lifestyle where I felt if I had a big old butt, I could make more money."

The pain she has to endure is so severe that it is hard for her to sit down for too long. Johnson relies on her nine-year-old daughter to help with the most basic of tasks.

Johnson was working as an exotic dancer when she met someone claiming to be a doctor who offered to perform a buttocks-enhancement procedure at a fraction of the price of a registered surgeon.
It did not seem out of the ordinary. Other friends had it done and plenty of young women in Miami desire a larger behind to look like the dancers in music videos, Johnson says.

She says a man named O'Neal Morris came to her house wearing white scrubs - "looking professional" - and injected a substance into her behind using plastic syringe.

At first the results were good: a firmer, rounder rear, bringing her closer to her goal of a "Coca-Cola bottle-shaped body".

She had two more rounds of treatment. Soon after, the problems began.

"It started making me really, really sick. I noticed it was starting to disintegrate and my butt turned wrinkly," she says.
line

"I was getting dizzy, and feeling fatigued."

On one occasion Johnson was rushed to hospital after she stopped breathing.

Morris began a one-year jail sentence in January for practising medicine without a licence.

Women who came forward during the trial said Morris, who is not a qualified doctor, had injected them with a range of substances including cement, superglue and tyre sealant.

The Federal Bureau of Investigations says the numbers of cases of people posing as fake doctors to perform this kind of treatment are on the rise, especially in Florida, New York, California and Texas.

At his surgery in a Miami suburb, Dr Alberto Gallerani shows me vials containing things he has pulled out of patients' buttocks, including olive oil and super glue.

A certified plastic surgeon, Gallerani has been treating Johnson and hundreds of other women and men who come to him for corrective surgery after botched procedures.

His client and friend, 20-year-old Claudia Aderotimi, died in 2011 after she flew from London to Philadelphia to get injections from a woman she met online. Doctors believe the illegal silicone shots spread to her organs, killing her. The person accused of administering the procedure is due in court next year.

Ali says Aderotimi believed a bigger behind would help her make it in the music industry.

"When girls go out and one of them has a big rear, she gets all the attention. She'll get everything, free lifts, free drinks," he says. "It's well known, girls with bigger bums have more attention and they have big jobs and they're more in demand."

Ali says young women to whom he has spoken are afraid to discuss the issue openly, and won't admit they might want to get surgery in the first place, which also drives many to underground procedures. He says many women fly to the US to get the injections because they are harder to find in the UK.

Tragically, Aderotimi is not alive to warn others of the dangers, but Johnson believes by sharing her story she can save others from the same fate.

"Stick with what God gave you," she says.

"I tell girls, if it ain't broke don't fix it. You are beautiful the way you are."

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28448688

Blame kim kardashian

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by borlarge(m): 4:17am On Jul 25, 2014
ew
Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 25, 2014
____
Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by princeonx: 4:23am On Jul 25, 2014
I no need am!

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by aminho(m): 4:29am On Jul 25, 2014
THATS WHY AM IN LOVE WITH LATINOS AND CARIBBEAN GIRLS dey are fully endowed

7 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by NEROSKY(m): 4:35am On Jul 25, 2014
Chai everything about Nowadays girls are so fake

7 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by OtunbaJega: 4:38am On Jul 25, 2014
optimumprimus: The BBC should focus more on their cloudy shiithole island which is the same size as Hawaii. who gives a fvck what BBC with their inferior accent have to say about the greatest nation on earth. Thank God we have a military base there to keep those bad teeth iidiots in check .

what does CNN, NBC,FOX etc. have to say about the butt implants ?

Block head

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/01/health/diy-plastic-surgery/

6 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by NaLaugh: 4:45am On Jul 25, 2014
Ukwu go soon make am to New York Stock Exchange, at the ongoing rate of demand.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Guidette(f): 4:47am On Jul 25, 2014
optimumprimus: The BBC should focus more on their cloudy shiithole island which is the same size as Hawaii. who gives a fvck what BBC with their inferior accent have to say about the greatest nation on earth. Thank God we have a military base there to keep those bad teeth iidiots in check .

what does CNN, NBC,FOX etc. have to say about the butt implants ?
Haba! This early morning? Abeg delete this post, sleep and then repost when you wake up.

10 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by sharawwy(m): 4:48am On Jul 25, 2014
Cnt she leave her natural yansh alone irrespecive of d size,chai girls nd dia artificial way of lyf.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Oklander: 4:49am On Jul 25, 2014
Low self esteemed peeps, I do wonder how these people turns out when they are getting old, Niki on my mind...

6 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Warlord3000(m): 4:57am On Jul 25, 2014
This girl should be held responsible

Giving me myself sleepless night sef wink

6 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Barselonia(m): 5:03am On Jul 25, 2014
lol
Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Odika1: 5:04am On Jul 25, 2014
One thing that women and girls of nowadays fail to understand is that most of them with bigbackside do have smelly p***y!

11 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by coolzeal(m): 5:12am On Jul 25, 2014
Big booty use to be a mockery in the US by the Europeans whom consider them as fat and unhealthy.. lmao seems like it's at its peak. Everybody want what they don't have, irony of life.

4 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Afrocatalyst: 5:27am On Jul 25, 2014
Why do it in the first place after hearing of the side effects with clear examples like MJ on her face?

And even if she had to,she should have saved up to get it done by the best instead of a whack,knowing the health implications.

Deduction...
She's a dunce!
Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Liveair: 5:36am On Jul 25, 2014
Hmm, instead of "woman right activism", women should be teaching themselves Proper SELF ESTEEM.

5 Likes

Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by englishmart(m): 5:42am On Jul 25, 2014
[size=45pt]DOROUKWU[/size]
Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by englishmart(m): 5:45am On Jul 25, 2014
All those US people abusing God's given gift since 1877.
God has shown her mercy.
If she tries anything similar again.
Na death o.
Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by oseiwe(m): 5:47am On Jul 25, 2014
I heard that there's a capsule that ladies take to enlarge their bums, cos all of a sudden, all the girls are having big bottoms.
Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Yee80: 5:52am On Jul 25, 2014
R u trying to tell GOD dat he didn't create u well Chai!!! I pity all of una...
It is well..
Re: Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC by Prinzecharlez(m): 5:59am On Jul 25, 2014
Na dem sabi.if it's nt original it cant be original[FULLSTOP]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nasiru Shua’ibu Develops Malaria Vaccine / Residents Rescue New Born Baby Dumped In Wild Park Bush In Jos (Graphic) / Ekiti To Reopen Schools, Churches & Mosques As Governor Fayemi Gives Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.