Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Sign Of A Worn Clutch - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sign Of A Worn Clutch (1023 Views)

How To Know A Worn Sway Bar Link / Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? / Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sign Of A Worn Clutch by JUO(m): 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
When i bought the car, i can't move the car with gear 2 because it will stall. now i move with gear 2 from standstill. i can't drive with gear 5 @ 40km/p because it will geek. now i can drive 30km/p with gear 5. initially my speedometer was higher than the rpm meter. now revise is the case. that surge is no-longer the way it used to be. i think my clutch is giving way gradually? gurus in the house please enlighten me the more.
wv passat gt 1993
Re: Sign Of A Worn Clutch by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
JUO: When i bought the car, i can't move the car with gear 2 because it will stall. now i move with gear 2 from standstill. i can't drive with gear 5 @ 40km/p because it will geek. now i can drive 30km/p with gear 5. initially my speedometer was higher than the rpm meter. now revise is the case. that surge is no-longer the way it used to be. i think my clutch is giving way gradually? gurus in the house please enlighten me the more.
wv passat gt 1993

Get your car scanned.

grin
Re: Sign Of A Worn Clutch by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
CityNG:

Get your car scanned.

grin

1) Find a street with a high grade not that type of high grade silly grin
2) Start climbing the hill
3) Come to a complete stop
4) Make sure car is in 1st gear
5) Try to climb the hill

If you get to the top of the hill, your clutch is fine, still fine, if you get back to the bottom of the hill then clutch is out.

The rate of getting to either the top of the hill or the otto of the hill is directly proportional to the status of your clutch grin
Re: Sign Of A Worn Clutch by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
JUO: When i bought the car, i can't move the car with gear 2 because it will stall. now i move with gear 2 from standstill. i can't drive with gear 5 @ 40km/p because it will geek. now i can drive 30km/p with gear 5. initially my speedometer was higher than the rpm meter. now revise is the case. that surge is no-longer the way it used to be. i think my clutch is giving way gradually? gurus in the house please enlighten me the more.
wv passat gt 1993

Very confusing.

Is this your first car? Did you learn to drive with it?
Re: Sign Of A Worn Clutch by JUO(m): 9:16am On Jul 28, 2014
Is this your first car? Did you learn to drive with it?
yes
Re: Sign Of A Worn Clutch by JUO(m): 9:16am On Jul 28, 2014
Get your car scanned.
in a 1993 car?
Re: Sign Of A Worn Clutch by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:06am On Jul 28, 2014
JUO: yes

Prblem solved you are killing your clutch please re-learn.
Re: Sign Of A Worn Clutch by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 28, 2014
CityNG:

Get your car scanned.

grin

Lwkmd silly man

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Discover How To Save 40% Fuel And Diesel Consumption / I Got Water In My Tank After Buying Fuel From A Fuel Station / Samsung See-through Safety Truck (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.