Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria (1287 Views)

Nigerian Invention To Win Global Innovation Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by emymeeky: 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
Could it be the first of its kind in Nigeria? How marketable could it be? I would like you guys to a answer those questions at the end of this post.
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by Decibel: 11:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
cool
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by emymeeky: 11:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
This design will help reduce the incidence of accidents occurring due to drivers' use of phone while driving. It detects when the driver wants to make / receive a call, send a text message or use the internet and triggers an alarm, loud enough to bug himl. The alarm is only triggered if the car is in motion..
A timer is automatically set which gives the driver 20 seconds to park his car or drop the call. If he persists on answering the call while the car is in motion, the car is demobilised and stops after 20 seconds. The car refuses to "start" unless he hangs up the call grin
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by luvlyoracle(m): 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
Na wa oo
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by Onlinebizexpert(m): 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
where
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by emymeeky: 11:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
Possible questions :

Q: what if the system demobolizes your vehicle in the middle of the road. Isn't it risky?

A: you have 20 seconds to park safely IF YOU INSIST ON TAKING THE CALL. you can prevent your car from being demobilised by simply hanging up the call. The timer stops counting and the horrible alarm stops buzzing as soon as you drop the call or you park your car . This enforces the " no making calls while driving " rule whether you like it or not. If you must make the call, you must pull over. grin
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by lordZOUGA(m): 11:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
emymeeky: Possible questions :

Q: what if the system demobolizes your vehicle in the middle of the road. Isn't it risky?

A: you have 20 seconds to park safely IF YOU INSIST ON TAKING THE CALL. you can prevent your car from being demobilised by simply hanging up the call. The timer stops counting and the horrible alarm stops buzzing as soon as you drop the call or you park your car . This enforces the " no making calls while driving " rule whether you like it or not. If you must, you must pull over. grin
Nobody will use an app that can kill them. I mean nobody sane.
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by lordZOUGA(m): 11:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
You can just choose to disable the call feature when a car is moving. That will prevent someone from making a call while driving. However, this will be a nuisance because even if you manage to detect that someone is in a moving car, you might not be able to know if the person is driving or not.
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by emymeeky: 11:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
lordZOUGA:
Nobody will use an app that can kill them. I mean nobody sane.

It is very safe.
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by emymeeky: 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
lordZOUGA: You can just choose to disable the call feature when a car is moving. That will prevent someone from making a call while driving. However, this will be a nuisance because even if you manage to detect that someone is in a moving car, you might not be able to know if the person is driving or not.

Q: what if a passenger makes a call ? Won't it trigger the system ?

A: No . the system is so designed such that only the signal emanating from the driver's phone is detected . the sensor is placed strategically so as to detect disturbances arising from the driver's cell phone grin
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by emymeeky: 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
Q. What is the best way of avoiding this robot from keeping track of your cell phone useage and sounding that horrible alarm in your eardrum . or how can we prevent it from stopping our car ?

A: The best way of keeping yourself safe from the imminent danger and risk of making a phone call while driving is by switching off your phone . using phone while under the wheels is very risky as you do not only endanger your life , but other road users . use of cell phone while driving is very distractive .
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by emymeeky: 12:07am On Jul 26, 2014
Q: What happens when am demobilized ? Do I need to call a mechanic to fix back my car :

A: Lol. No . simply hang up your call and your car is back to life . You can also decide to allow a passenger take your call for you . It won't disturb you

Q: what if my phone is on vibration , can it detect an incoming / outgoing call ?

A: yes
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by emymeeky: 12:20am On Jul 26, 2014
Q: what if I park my car with the engine running before taking the call . will it stop my engine from running ?

A: no .

Q: is this a kind of an application ?

A: Nope . it is a hardware that can easily be installed in any car just like a car tracking device .

Q:what is it's source of energy ?

A: Your car battery . It is only in use when the carhas been started , thus does not affect your battery .
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by fattbabakay(m): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
Following............

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by soldierdollar(m): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
FP please ! .
Nice one and innovative . kudos to your invention . please I would want to know you and where you are

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by emymeeky: 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
soldierdollar: FP please ! .
Nice one and innovative . kudos to your invention . please I would want to know you and where you are

Thanks grin

Well am a final year undergraduate of electrical engineering and I study @ University of Nigeria
Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by ghettodreamz(m): 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
Interesting. cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's First Invention In Nigeria by barapistis(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
correct .now you can head on to indie ,may not sell in nigeria ...have a feeling it will be expensive $100. but for the US may be it will

As for the invention ,bravo.....

(1) (Reply)

Top 12 Highest Paying Computer Programming Languages You Should Learn / Wordpress Expert Needed! / Introduction To Blogger.com And Free Blogging Tutorials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.