Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? (6676 Views)

Photo: Would You Let Your Pregnant Wife Go Clubbing Dressed Like This? / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by jonaji(m): 11:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
........it should be abolished ASAP and the government should pass a legislation on tribal markings ....
It has been happening for centuries and it's accepted. But there are those who believe that when it's done on a child who has no say in the matter, its a clear case of child abuse. They've tried to kick against it ...with of course...no luck! What do you think of tribal marks on children? Let's discuss!

4 Likes

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by angela98(f): 11:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
This is child abuse pure and simple. sad

6 Likes

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 26, 2014
Would u cut off ur balls and fry the for the hungry dogs on the streets?
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by shadowwalker101: 5:45am On Jul 26, 2014
Never
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by xamuel17(m): 5:45am On Jul 26, 2014
Am pressed! Can I urinate here?
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by jayseehe(m): 5:46am On Jul 26, 2014
where are those people saying we shouldn't ditch our culture

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by NaLaugh: 5:46am On Jul 26, 2014
wow
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 26, 2014
I don't see the need for it now, in the old days it was justifiable but now not so much.its child abuse and should carry either a sentence or fine.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by ruthy43(f): 5:49am On Jul 26, 2014
It should 2 abolished,i cant imagne d pains dat child ll b going tru. : angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by xamuel17(m): 5:49am On Jul 26, 2014
Tribal marks is highly crude and lame.. I rather opt for tattoos for my kids... They have a tattoo on their forehead, that reads "MADE IN CHINA"

1 Like

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 26, 2014
Total madness •
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by zealz4u(m): 5:50am On Jul 26, 2014
noooooooooo...God forbid
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 26, 2014
Hell NO!

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by Zizicardo(f): 5:52am On Jul 26, 2014
God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by newguy1(m): 5:56am On Jul 26, 2014
I never really see the usefullness or essence of tribal mark it only dis figure d face.
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by jonescyras(m): 5:59am On Jul 26, 2014
Ajebo : what happened to your face like this?. You fought lion?.
3person: yes, he fought lion and won.
Tribal man : no, its a tribal mark that was put there delibrately.
Ajebo: (speaking with an ajeborish and slow voice) u mean somebody did this to you?
Tribal man : yes, my parent.
Ajebo : your parent?, are they crazy?. Did this to you?. And when you grow old, you didnt sue them
Tribal man: no
Ajebo : you didnt lock them up?
Tribal man: no kini n se omo yi(whats wrong with this child)
Ajebo : you didnt buy a gun, shoot them, kill them?
Tribal man: no never!
Ajebo: oh, i'm afraid of your parent..
.r.i.p gbenga adeboye.

16 Likes

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by dridowu: 6:10am On Jul 26, 2014
for wetin ? no more tribal mark on our land
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by cruise14(f): 6:10am On Jul 26, 2014
We have to let people who still do this for the reasons known to them be.

I'm Yoruba but, the only person that had 33 marks was my paternal great-grand mother according to the pictures, and it was never passed down, so to each his own. Few people will keep doing it till who knows when. So if it's still done in your family or home town, talk to them about it.

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by Warlord3000(m): 6:23am On Jul 26, 2014
Thunder fire anybody yansh wey go even touch my kids..

Not to talk of putting a mark on his or her face..

Baba God go get visitor that day walahi

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by adeyrule(m): 6:29am On Jul 26, 2014
Y would I,okola no dey play ball for la liga,u sef check if u ve ever seen an okola playin footbal?
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by osjoshua(m): 6:32am On Jul 26, 2014
#NO WAY## shocked
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by disloman(m): 6:33am On Jul 26, 2014
Op!this ur pix na die oooo.Dem wan kill d boy ni?
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by blocker: 6:37am On Jul 26, 2014
grin grin grin We no dey use tribal marks for my place but we must to dey do circumcision as per say na our culture. My 3 boys don already do am.
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by repogirl(f): 6:59am On Jul 26, 2014
Does it still happen? Me, I have tribal marks on my face, nothing scary but its there sha, most times I even forget its there. I'm the only one who was given of all my siblings. I thought people didn't do it anymore cos I dont see kids with it these days.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 26, 2014
Tribal mark hell no, it only a wicked parent that will give there child tribal all in the name of cuture
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 26, 2014
Its totally disgusting 4 any normal man in tis modern era 2 still go back 2 d mentality of 'culture and traditional rites'..... Yes, absolutely irritating....

I pity that child up there cos his life will never remain d SAME.
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by onose1(f): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2014
Definitely No,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband Is Flirting.... / This Xmas Is My Worst Ever / Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.