Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria (11111 Views)

Firstbank Nigeria Launches Its Premium Banking Lounge In Lagos & Abuja! / How Can I Open Paypal Account. / How To Open Paypal Account In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 26, 2014
Opening a PayPal account through First Bank portal is easy and convenient. Doing this on the First Online Platform gives you access to all of PayPal’s service offerings. Also, the FirstBank MasterCard or Visa cards (which are enabled for online international transactions) can be easily linked to your PayPal account. As PayPal’s official partner, First Bank customer’s PayPal accounts are immediately verified. PayPal accounts with unverified credit card details will be subject to a transaction limit pending verification.

To create your PayPal account through the FirstBank portal, follow the steps below.

First, you must be a FirstBank customer, registered on FirstOnline internet banking portal,

- Login to FirstOnline at https://ibank.firstbanknigeria.com
- Choose “PayPal wallet” in the main tab and click “Create PayPal Wallet” on the sub menu
- Select which cards you wish to link to your PayPal account and which card will be the default card
Review details entered
- Input the code generated by pressing the button on your online banking token and confirm the information therein
- A popup window will appear. Use this to create your PayPal password
- Click on “agree and create account”

You’re done! You will receive a confirmation message on the website as well as an email confirming the account creation. You can then start shopping in an easy, fast and secure way with your created PayPal account through First Bank portal.
tochukwudike@gmail.com
Contact us on various ways of making money online and offline.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by DannySmiles: 7:13am On Jul 26, 2014
grin A fresh post!
If this is true then paypal issues is now off Nigerians' neck...hallelujah!
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by born2lead01: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2014
"...all of papal service offerings" does that include RECEIVING FUND VIA PAYPAL?
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 29, 2014
Yes you can receive fund via paypal Nigeria. If you need help contact me tochukwudike@gmail.com
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by bigiyaro(m): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2014
@op, i already have a paypal acct, i used gtb naira master card n it has been verified bt anytime i want to pay for shoppin it always show 'erro processin orderid. Also how can i link my fist bank verve card to the same paypal acct. Tanks.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by dustmalik: 11:17am On Jul 29, 2014
Interesting. I like the fact that Nigerian banks are starting to partner with PayPal. I'm sure very soon other banks will follow.

I would like to know if the First bank verve card can be linked to PayPal via the 'PayPal wallet'.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by dustmalik: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
The following is from the FAQ page for First bank's PayPal wallet:

"FirstBank MasterCard and Visa cards (which are enabled for online international transactions) can easily be linked to your PayPal account (Verve Acceptance is currently being explored)"

So it means that they might include verve card in the future, but i wouldn't hold my breath on that.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by vijosak(m): 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
True
Nigeria is now on the list
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by alldruns1: 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
@tochukwudike. Gd info 4 d moment. Kudos.

Right away, I attempted it cos I long awaited dis kind of info & moreover I already hv fbn online activation but while abt 2 select card, d only option visible being my master card has its first few digit indicated correctly in d left-side window bt d last 4 digits did nt correspond 2 anything on my physical card nor having any bearing wt my fbn acct. no. I hv 2 discontinue frm there.

1. Pls what does dis suggest? Or is it d way it is designed? Do I stil go ahead & select d only option visible?

2. Can I now pay on eBay in particular thru dis medium?

Thnks in adv.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by born2lead01: 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
tochukwudike: Yes you can receive fund via paypal Nigeria. If you need help contact me tochukwudike@gmail.com

Why not drop it here for the benefit of all?
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by dustmalik: 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
Could anyone who opened their PayPal account via First bank's 'PayPal wallet' show us how their paypal account page look like? I understand all its features are enabled when opened via first bank's PayPal wallet.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by ecrestglobal(m): 12:53am On Jul 30, 2014
Interesting development
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by vijosak(m): 6:13am On Jul 30, 2014
born2lead01:

Why not drop it here for the benefit of all?

Yes dropping it here will be a nice idea

meanwhile i have opened a paypal account and verified it using my mastercard
I was allowed to link the card to the paypal account
And going thru the site
Nigeria is listed among the countries that can only make payment using paypal
One cannot receive payment

I attempted linking my bank account
But couldn't because that option is not yet available
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by born2lead01: 6:22am On Jul 30, 2014
vijosak:

Yes dropping it here will be a nice idea

meanwhile i have opened a paypal account and verified it using my mastercard
I was allowed to link the card to the paypal account
And going thru the site
Nigeria is listed among the countries that can only make payment using paypal
One cannot receive payment

I attempted linking my bank account
But couldn't because that option is not yet available

I have been using my PayPal to make payment since the 3rd day PayPal allowed Nigeria to open one.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by alldruns1: 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
alldruns1: @tochukwudike. Gd info 4 d moment. Kudos.

Right away, I attempted it cos I long awaited dis kind of info & moreover I already hv fbn online activation but while abt 2 select card, d only option visible being my master card has its first few digit indicated correctly in d left-side window bt d last 4 digits did nt correspond 2 anything on my physical card nor having any bearing wt my fbn acct. no. I hv 2 discontinue frm there.

1. Pls what does dis suggest? Or is it d way it is designed? Do I stil go ahead & select d only option visible?

Thnks in adv.

I beg dont allow dis info 2 get cold now!
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by beautyuche: 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
tochukwudike: Opening a PayPal account through First Bank portal is easy and convenient. Doing this on the First Online Platform gives you access to all of PayPal’s service offerings. Also, the FirstBank MasterCard or Visa cards (which are enabled for online international transactions) can be easily linked to your PayPal account. As PayPal’s official partner, First Bank customer’s PayPal accounts are immediately verified. PayPal accounts with unverified credit card details will be subject to a transaction limit pending verification.

To create your PayPal account through the FirstBank portal, follow the steps below.

First, you must be a FirstBank customer, registered on FirstOnline internet banking portal,

- Login to FirstOnline at https://ibank.firstbanknigeria.com
- Choose “PayPal wallet” in the main tab and click “Create PayPal Wallet” on the sub menu
- Select which cards you wish to link to your PayPal account and which card will be the default card
Review details entered
- Input the code generated by pressing the button on your online banking token and confirm the information therein
- A popup window will appear. Use this to create your PayPal password
- Click on “agree and create account”

You’re done! You will receive a confirmation message on the website as well as an email confirming the account creation. You can then start shopping in an easy, fast and secure way with your created PayPal account through First Bank portal.
tochukwudike@gmail.com
Contact us on various ways of making money online and offline.

I tried to link the card but it just didnt connect what do you think is the problem as i am on my first bank online portal.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by alldruns1: 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
@tochukwudike, wetin dey happen naw? Why dis kind info come put pple for suspense naw?
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by vijosak(m): 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 02, 2014
dustmalik: Interesting. I like the fact that Nigerian banks are starting to partner with PayPal. I'm sure very soon other banks will follow.

I would like to know if the First bank verve card can be linked to PayPal via the 'PayPal wallet'.

Yes, it can.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 02, 2014
alldruns1: @tochukwudike. Gd info 4 d moment. Kudos.

Thnks in adv.

1. Yes go ahead and select the option.

2. Yes with ur paypal account, you can pay for anything on eBay or any other site that accept paypal as means of payment.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by biz2get(m): 9:57am On Aug 02, 2014
why is the Op not replyin to questions...

abi this guy nah wayooo.... undecided
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by biz2get(m): 9:59am On Aug 02, 2014
tochukwudike:

2. Yes with ur paypal account, you can pay for anything on eBay or any other site that accept paypal as means of payment.

niqqa have yuu receved funds with yuur First Bank Paypal..... Ye

how dont tell me to emal ya or i report yuu asap...... oya talk
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2014
beautyuche:

I tried to link the card but it just didnt connect what do you think is the problem as i am on my first bank online portal.

You have to activate your First Bank internet banking service first. Then try again, it will work
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by hamilton62(m): 10:58am On Aug 02, 2014
In importation we try as much as possible to ascertain all necessities, some might think it's all about being optimistic and here some people might think I am the pessimist type but the truth be said; we got a lot of questions to ask but just because we are handicapped at the moment or be it that some haven't reached the stage where a challenge like this surges up or we forgot. Well the question is simple;
I know paypal rate for #/$ won't surpass your momentary bank rate, so if you have send some cash via it and you later understand that the recipient is a fraudster but you want your money back. You will be advised to open a dispute to get it back which is good but the challenge I have here is;
What will paypal do or how will I get my money if the recipient has withdrawn the fund and he has no money in the account he used to verify his paypal?
I ask this question because, we think we are smart (I mean the 9ja yahoo boys) but the truth is they are learners because the main yahoo guys are from USA, India and Romania and they are professional epayment and IT experts. So I know they must have been doing something like this and hit their money cost-free of no penelty.
Anyone with idea on this should pls highlight us on it. Thanks in anticipation of your replies.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by hamilton62(m): 11:00am On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=born2lead01]

I have been using my PayPal to make payment since the 3rd day PayPal allowed Nigeria to open one.[/quote
Pls how much was the rate (average) and the fee percentage. And the bank pls?
Thanks.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by born2lead01: 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=hamilton62][/quote]

Gtbank. Rate is not fixed at times it's 164 naira to a dollar but I have also been charged almost 170 per dollar.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by biz2get(m): 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
born2lead01:

Gtbank. Rate is not fixed at times it's 164 naira to a dollar but I have also been charged almost 170 per dollar.

have yuu tried sending money to a paypal account not paying .....
how did it work out...
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by alldruns1: 6:14am On Aug 11, 2014
tochukwudike:

Thnks oga 4 d info.

But wetin come happen b4 now wey u no dey reply person?
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 12, 2014
There are paypal reliable accounts that's you pay money into and they will help you withdraw your money and pay it in into your local bank account. But you will pay them some commission for that. I cannot make the accounts that I do use public because of some security reasons and there are lots of tricks that go with it. You may find some of the accounts and websites on google, but please be careful and verify if they are reliable first.
Re: How To Open Paypal And Shop With Paypal Account Using Firstbank Nigeria by ABUCHEJI: 1:18am On Aug 30, 2014
Hi Guys, SimplePay is the best wallet solution to help collect funds and also transfer funds or buy things securely. http:///VWqjZx

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors / Cybercafe Mega Business Opportunity @ Your Doorsteps / Which Is Better And More Profitable? Moniepoint Or Opay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.