Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,947 members, 7,806,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March (57717 Views)

Russian Man Nails Own Testicles In Protest Against Crackdown On Political Rights / Two Nigerians Arrested At The JKIA ,KENYA With Cocaine Worth USD 209,668 / British Woman Arrested In Dubai For Having Sex In A Taxi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Wale112(m): 9:55am On Jul 26, 2014
One of the two Nigerians claimed that they were only showing solidarity with Ghanaians who they consider brothers and sisters. He said they also found it imperative to join because the two countries have similar problems.

Two Nigerian citizens have been arrested by the Accra police for joining a protest against the government on Thursday.

According to the police, foreigners have no right to join in a protest of that nature. The demonstrators were protesting corruption and a high cost of living.

"It was not for other nationals to join," Joseph Obenefo Darkwa of the police CID told the press, but one of the two Nigerians also responded that they were only showing solidarity with Ghanaians, who they consider brothers and sisters. He said they also found it imperative to join because the two countries have similar problems.

"We are comrades from Nigeria. We are protesting fuel prices hikes. We have undergone similar things in Nigeria around January. We believe in a united Africa. Nigerians and Ghanians, we are brothers. Whatever affects Ghanians affects Nigerians. So we are here in solidarity with Ghana."

The police however did not take this for an explanation, calling their behavior “offensive” and an affront to national sovereignty, holding the two in custody.

The two held the Nigerian flag side-by-side with the Ghanaian one, singing their own songs.

Earlier, a security expert at the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Centre, Dr. Kwasi Aning, had predicted the possibility of the demonstration being infiltrated by troublemakers, but it is not yet clear if the two represent any such constituency.

Police say they have begun profiling the two gentlemen and are investigating the matter further.

http://metropolexpress.com/index.php/news-cat/item/3906-two-nigerians-arrested-in-ghana-for-joining-protest-march

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by OXYGEN01: 9:59am On Jul 26, 2014
They are mumugerians so the police should have mercy on them.Poor people.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Wale112(m): 10:03am On Jul 26, 2014
lol grin

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by OXYGEN01: 10:04am On Jul 26, 2014
They spoiled the peaceful demonstration.with their bush meat flag.It might be the reason for their arrest.

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by brownlords: 10:05am On Jul 26, 2014
Send them to jail, how can they stoop so low as to holding Nigeria's flag side by side with that poor country in the name of solidarity, i support this move, they are stupid and foolish at the same time embarrassed Nigeria international so should be responsible. What are they even doing in ebola virus infested country. foolish boys.

The two posters above me are from the poor ebola virus infested country.

15 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by OXYGEN01: 10:29am On Jul 26, 2014
Ebola n boko haram combined in mumugeria. That's wayy serious. God is eradicating foolishness from the earth.Mumugeria with its large resources is still classified as one of the poorest countries in Africa thanks to foolishness n stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by stinggy(m): 10:30am On Jul 26, 2014
OXYGEN01: They spoiled the peaceful demonstration.with their bush meat flag.It might be the reason for their arrest.

Jealousy kill you. choi!!
grin grin
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by brownlords: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2014
OXYGEN01: Ebola n boko haram combined in mumugeria. That's wayy serious. God is eradicating foolishness from the earth.Mumugeria with its large resources is still classified as one of the poorest countries in Africa thanks to foolishness n stupidity.

Nigeria poorest country, i swear you smoking that thing again.

President is John Dramani Mahama.
Parliament has 230 members
GDP (Gross Domestic Product) is 14 billion USD (2008 estimate)
Agriculture employs 60 % of workforce and accounts for 37 % of GDP.
Export products are gold, cocoa, timber, bauxite manganese and electricity. Oil was found in 2007. ( I think it's groundnut oil )
Economy relies heavily on foreign assistance and remittances from Ghanaians abroad.
Currency is Ghana Cedi (GH¢)
Popular tourist destination

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/country_information/

Remove foreign aid and ibo traders in ghana, and watch the Economy fall down like mh17 malaysia jet.

Can you please ask your stupid gaynian actors and actress seeking asylum in nollywood to return home? before they infect us with ebola virus we've develop your movie industry.

8 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Ashantiking: 11:56am On Jul 26, 2014
brownlords: Send them to jail, how can they stoop so low as to holding Nigeria's flag side by side with that poor country in the name of solidarity, i support this move, they are stupid and foolish at the same time embarrassed Nigeria international so should be responsible. What are they even doing in ebola virus infested country. foolish boys.

The two posters above me are from the poor ebola virus infested country.

Stop it ebola is no joke, it is still killing people. As it stands Ghana hasn't recorded any death due to ebola but Nigeria has. So stop with the nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Ashantiking: 11:58am On Jul 26, 2014
OXYGEN01: They spoiled the peaceful demonstration.with their bush meat flag.It might be the reason for their arrest.

The police is wrong for arresting them no matter what flag they were displaying. They need to release them ASAP. Ghana is a free country. As long as it was a peaceful protest they have the right to protest.

5 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by brownlords: 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ashantiking:

The police is wrong for arresting them no matter what flag they were displaying. They need to release them ASAP. Ghana is a free country. As long as it was a peaceful protest they have the right to protest.

No the police should send them to jail for embarrassing Nigeria, displaying Nigeria's flag with useless poor country like ghana is treason

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by overhypedsteve(m): 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
OXYGEN01: They are mumugerians so the police should have mercy on them.Poor people.
why is your country always trying to gain relevance by arresting my people? What does that foolish policeman know about sovereignty. Shey if na american flag them hold those stupeed policemen for fit arrest them?or rather your news agency will take it up and say americans showing solidarity with their ghanian brothers, when nigeria have benefited ghana more than that country. But still yet all you have in return is unending hate and malignant jealousy for the finger that you once sucked from. That police seem to know so much about sovereignty but he seem to know little about the diplomatic implications of his actions, even mahama your president would consider his actions as a wrong move. But no, i do not expect a police man that is busy trying to protect his nations sovereignty by abusing peaceful foreign protesters to understand. I believe even if those guys were just walking on their own flying the nigerian flag, they still would have been arrested, cus this people we call our brothers have nothing but an insain hate and phobia for the green african Giant

6 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
Let them come home and protest angry taking drugs for another man's disease.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ashantiking:

Stop it ebola is no joke, it is still killing people. As it stands Ghana hasn't recorded any death due to ebola but Nigeria has. So stop with the nonsense.
for all I care the guy is a LIBERIAN! So we haven't really recorded any death.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
Na lie o! Gaynians don start that their linus propaganda. Look at that flag sef, e no even resemble cloth-material from Nigeria. Gaynians are mofons for thinking that they can pull that stunt

APC and Gaynians have same traits
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by londoner: 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
I watched a news show fom Ghana this moning.

They mentioned this story.

The interviewer was speaking on the phone to one of the Ghanaian officials who ordered the arrest.

She kept asking what they had actually done, that was illegal, what law did they break by joining the protest.

The man kept avoiding answering. He just kept saying that the demo was for Ghanaians only and they are investigating the guys, to see if they have committed a crime to charge them for.

This is why I, as someone with Naija roots can never live in Ghana, or raise a family there.

Their crime is that they are Nigerian.....Nothing more, full stop.

That should be a lesson to all Nigerians,in Ghana.

It can never be your home, because they will not accept you, no matter how they smile with you, or how long you have lived in Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
^ which Nigerian in his right senses will even go to Gayna to Live?? C'mon, e never bad for us reach dat level na cheesy

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by atlwireles: 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ghana should deal with those two ediots. angry angry angry
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by londoner: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
himkers: ^ which Nigerian in his right senses will even go to Gayna to Live?? C'mon, e never bad for us reach dat level na cheesy

I will visit there again. I am from London and at one point had to make a decision whether or not to live in Ghana, which came about for reasons I have mentioned here before.

After the xenophobia that was so obvious there, I knew I can never live there and feel at home or bring up my family there.

The anti-Nigerian sentiment is so strong and Nigerian ONLY means negative things to them. All they see of you is Nigeria (even though I'm British born and raised). I find the mentality in that sense very backward.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
londoner:

To visit Ghana is a nice place. I will visit there again. I am from London and at one point ha to make a decision not to live in Ghana, which cme about for reasons I have mentioned here before.

After the xenophobia that was so obvious there, I know I can never live there and feel at home or bring up my family there.

The anti-Nigerian sentiment is so strong. All they see of you is Nigeria (even though I'm British born and raised). I find the mentality in that sense very backward.

I heard they even imposed heavy taxes on Nigerians operating and doing business in that corner (ghana). They re probably scared of Nigeria; reasons I don't know.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
londoner:

To visit Ghana is a nice place. I will visit there again. I am from London and at one point ha to make a decision not to live in Ghana, which cme about for reasons I have mentioned here before.

After the xenophobia that was so obvious there, I know I can never live there and feel at home or bring up my family there.

The anti-Nigerian sentiment is so strong. All they see of you is Nigeria (even though I'm British born and raised). I find the mentality in that sense very backward.

I heard they even imposed heavy taxes on Nigerians operating and doing business in that corner (ghana). They re probably scared of Nigerians and their super-high business skills
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by OXYGEN01: 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
overhypedsteve: why is your country always trying to gain relevance by arresting my people? What does that foolish policeman know about sovereignty. Shey if na american flag them hold those stupeed policemen for fit arrest them?or rather your news agency will take it up and say americans showing solidarity with their ghanian brothers, when nigeria have benefited ghana more than that country. But still yet all you have in return is unending hate and malignant jealousy for the finger that you once sucked from. That police seem to know so much about sovereignty but he seem to know little about the diplomatic implications of his actions, even mahama your president would consider his actions as a wrong move. But no, i do not expect a police man that is busy trying to protect his nations sovereignty by abusing peaceful foreign protesters to understand. I believe even if those guys were just walking on their own flying the nigerian flag, they still would have been arrested, cus this people we call our brothers have nothing but an insain hate and phobia for the green african Giant
You go fight? are u the one. to tell us whom to arrest. Don't be silly.You people are sooo hypocrites n dumb.So will u fools allow it in that lawless zoo u call country ?

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by OXYGEN01: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
himkers: ^ which Nigerian in his right senses will even go to Gayna to Live?? C'mon, e never bad for us reach dat level na cheesy
Dumb ass fool.Over 3 million mumugerians live in Ghana.Who wants to live in a useless cursed zoo like mumugeria ....only animals like u and your family. Hahaha funny idiot.Who doesn't want to live in a great COUNTRY(GHANA ).

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by OXYGEN01: 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ashantiking:

They were smelling sooo bad that the police thought they were holding poisonous substances.Not the fault of the police.

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by SantaMafia: 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
OXYGEN01: They were smelling sooo bad that the police thought they were holding poisonous substances.Not the fault of the police.
grin

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by OXYGEN01: 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
londoner: I watched a news show fom Ghana this moning.

They mentioned this story.

The interviewer was speaking on the phone to one of the Ghanaian officials who ordered the arrest.

She kept asking what they had actually done, that was illegal, what law did they break by joining the protest.

The man kept avoiding answering. He just kept saying that the demo was for Ghanaians only and they are investigating the guys, to see if they have committed a crime to charge them for.

This is why I, as someone with Naija roots can never live in Ghana, or raise a family there.

Their crime is that they are Nigerian.....Nothing more, full stop.

That should be a lesson to all Nigerians,in Ghana.

It can never be your home, because they will not accept you, no matter how they smile with you, or how long you have lived in Ghana.
Not true.So how many times do u hear such news.Some things are natural but when it happens don't be in a rush to conclude.Do you know the number of nigerians in Ghana?.They live freely ok.

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Edygrin(m): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
A country you call dumb, mumu and so on. Yet you can never outdo that country in any field. What does that make your country? Super mumu abi super dumb

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by SantaMafia: 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
Wale112:

One of the two Nigerians claimed that they were only showing solidarity with Ghanaians who they consider brothers and sisters. He said they also found it imperative to join because the two countries have similar problems.

Two Nigerian citizens have been arrested by the Accra police for joining a protest against the government on Thursday.

According to the police, foreigners have no right to join in a protest of that nature. The demonstrators were protesting corruption and a high cost of living.

"It was not for other nationals to join," Joseph Obenefo Darkwa of the police CID told the press, but one of the two Nigerians also responded that they were only showing solidarity with Ghanaians, who they consider brothers and sisters. He said they also found it imperative to join because the two countries have similar problems.

"We are comrades from Nigeria. We are protesting fuel prices hikes. We have undergone similar things in Nigeria around January. We believe in a united Africa. Nigerians and Ghanians, we are brothers. Whatever affects Ghanians affects Nigerians. So we are here in solidarity with Ghana."

The police however did not take this for an explanation, calling their behavior “offensive” and an affront to national sovereignty, holding the two in custody.

The two held the Nigerian flag side-by-side with the Ghanaian one, singing their own songs.

Earlier, a security expert at the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Centre, Dr. Kwasi Aning, had predicted the possibility of the demonstration being infiltrated by troublemakers, but it is not yet clear if the two represent any such constituency.

Police say they have begun profiling the two gentlemen and are investigating the matter further.

http://metropolexpress.com/index.php/news-cat/item/3906-two-nigerians-arrested-in-ghana-for-joining-protest-march
can you imagine. what is the business of shitnigerians with what was supposed to be a wholly Ghanaian event? or did Ghanaians participate in any of your numeours protests in your country? what kind of nonsense notice-me attitude is that? are nigerians the only foreigners living in Ghana? and they even had the audacity to wave their nonsense flag? hahahaha I am going to the police stations where these eediots are being held to give them some 100 lashes of koboko power. after serving their 10-year term, they will think twice and know they are not in their dustbin country where animal life is even more valuable grin

trust the Ghanaian police, those alata ediots go hier am well well grin grin grin make I go join flog these modafakas sef grin chei bush meat don land grin fella don talk am abi, wahala dey sleep, MUMU don go wake am oooh grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by londoner: 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
OXYGEN01: Not true.So how many times do u hear such news.Some things are natural but when it happens don't be in a rush to conclude.Do you know the number of nigerians in Ghana?.They live freely ok.

This is what I've experienced personally both on visits to Ghana and from Ghanaian "friends" in the UK/US.

Nigerians in Ghana don't live as freely as you think. The snide comments and negative assumptions on your person, just because you have Nigerian blood, is something they can attest to also. They are willing to put up with it, maybe because they went to Ghana for work or with their family.

There are Nigerians in many countries, it doesn't mean it is "rosey" living there, or that they are really welcome.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by OXYGEN01: 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
Edygrin: A country you call dumb, mumu and so on. Yet you can never outdo that country in any field. What does that make your country? Super mumu abi super dumb
so.mumugeria can outdo Great Ghana in any field??...Uve eaten too much eba today ryt.Relax ok becos u ain't making sense.

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by SantaMafia: 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
himkers:

I heard they even imposed heavy taxes on Nigerians operating and doing business in that corner (ghana). They re probably scared of Nigerians and their super-high business skills
hahahahahaha your MUMU stinks to high heavens, mor0n! Ghanaians scared of shitnigerians? grin shitnigerians have "super high business skills" and yet your country is now a dustbin country and sinking faster than titanic? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by SantaMafia: 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
londoner:

This is what I've experienced personally both on visits to Ghana and from Ghanaian "friends" in the UK/US.

Nigerians in Ghana don't live as freely as you think. The snide comments and negative assumptions on your person, just because you have Nigerian blood, is something they can attest to also. They are willing to put up with it, maybe because they went to Ghana for work or with their family.

There are Nigerians in many countries, it doesn't mean it is "rosey" living there, or that they are really welcome.

and you think Ghanaians living in nigeria "live freely?" hahahahahaha you obviously don't know what you are talking about. do you you know the amount of hate Ghanaians living in your dustbin country have to cope with? abeg park well ooooh.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply)

US Warns Ukraine There Will Be A Full Scale Russian Invasion ( Pics) / World’s Oldest Ever Person’ Francisca Susano Dies At 124years ( Pics) / 50-Year-Old Indian Man Who Stopped Growing At Age 5 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.