Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (635079 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
Rubbiish:

Hmmm...This level of shyness is bad for a man honestly.
Meaning relating with d opposite sex with this level of shyness maybe suicide for u...
hmmm quite true though. I remembered leaving my off campus room to a fellow room !ate when I could no more cope with his presence in the room .Had to go rent another room far away from the school
Premise.My university days no be here o.I really do not love crowds so you had to like travel far to get to my house outside the school campus. I also did enjoyed that.If any person here schooled in Zaria, he /she would know the distance from jukun to samaru Zaria.I tried copping in the beigining while living close to school , but when I noticed lots of guys and ladies started badgging in on me at will, I had to move far far from them.I was only able to have one female friend visitor in my long distance home while in the university. She really had a crush on me and wanted me but for where....bros couldn't talK to boys ,talk more of ladies, she even followed me home after graduation, but I couldnt stay in d relationship, I had other things on my mind.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
gidjah:
hmmm quite true though. I remembered leaving my off campus room to a fellow room !ate when I could no more cope with his presence in the room .Had to go rent another room far away from the school
Premise.My university days no be here o.I really do not love crowds so you had to like travel far to get to my house outside the school campus. I also did enjoyed that.If any person here schooled in Zaria, he /she would know the distance from jukun to samaru Zaria.I tried copping in the beigining while living close to school , but when I noticed lots of guys and ladies started badgging in on me at will, I had to move far far from them.I was only able to have one female friend visitor in my long distance home while in the university. She really had a crush on me and wanted me but for where....bros couldn't talK to boys ,talk more of ladies, she even followed me home after graduation, but I couldnt stay in d relationship, I had other things on my mind.
But hope u can relate freely with everyone now?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
Rubbiish:

But hope u can relate freely with everyone now?
hahaha.. ,me ?I be more or less a talkative now. As a full fledge adult, a minister of the Gospel,an Academic tutor and a counselor ...then a parent too, what do you expect sir ,boys are now men o biko, I now help people get out of that shell of bondage while still retaining their true self .I do public speaking in seminars and workshops now too, and that entails a lot of opening up

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 9:36pm On Aug 22, 2018
gidjah:
hahah as ,me ?I be more PR less a talkative now. As a full fledge adult, a minister of the Gospel,an Academic tutor and a counselor ...then a parent too, what do you expect sir ,boys are now !enter o biko, I now help people to get out of that shell of bondage while still re!aiming their true self .I do public speaking in seminars and workshops now too, and entails a lot of opening up
Nice...

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:41am On Aug 26, 2018
To be clear, both introverts and extroverts can be prone to depression and suicide; it’s not exclusive to introverts. Also, just because you’re an introvert doesn’t mean you’ll automatically have depressive or suicidal tendencies; many introverts will never experience these things at all. However, a 1998 study published in Psychological Medicine shows that introversion may be a risk factor for suicidal behavior. Similarly, a 2002 study published in the Journal of Psychiatric Research found that introverts made up 74 percent of the depression population.

If you’re an introvert like me, those revelations are both startling and heartbreaking. But, sadly, I can’t say that this is the first time I’ve encountered a connection between introversion and suicide.

Why Are Introverts at Risk for Suicide and Depression?

There are several reasons introverts may be more at risk than extroverts for suicide and depression:

1. Isolation

Introverts tend to stay home more and have smaller social circles than extroverts — and that’s okay. In fact, for many introverts, getting plenty of downtime alone is what keeps them feeling sane and happy. However, alone time is only a good thing if it’s something you’re choosing — not something that’s forced on you because you don’t have many friends. Sadly, many introverts find that their distaste for small talk and their solitude-loving nature works against them, leaving them isolated and alone when they don’t want to be. According to Stephen Ilardi, author of The Depression Cure, isolation is a risk factor for depression, and depression, in turn, is a risk factor for suicide.

2. Perfectionism

Not all introverts are perfectionists, but so many of us are. We’re the ones who read an email five times before sending it; in college, we slaved away on our term paper for days and weeks until we got it just right. Although perfectionism in small amounts can be a good thing (working hard in college likely earned you good grades, which made more opportunities available to you), in large doses, it can lead to depression. That’s because people with “Never Enough Syndrome” can never live up to their own unrealistic expectations, and as a result, they may become depressed, according to Ann W. Smith, a therapist and the author of Overcoming Perfectionism.

3. Daydreaming

Daydreaming can make us more creative, but it can also make us depressed. According to a 2010 study by Harvard psychologists, people who were daydreaming reported feeling happy only 56 percent of the time. That’s because we often fantasize about things that are unattainable, and we may even start to prefer our fantasy world to the real world — and this can make us miserable, according to Eli Somer, a psychologist at Israel’s University of Haifa, who spoke with Men’s Health. And who’s great at daydreaming? Introverts.

What to Do If You’re an Introvert Who Feels Suicidal

First of all, remember that whatever you’re going through can and will change. Your feelings will change. In a few hours or days, you may feel differently than you do right now. In a few weeks or months, your life could be completely different — in a good way.

Remember that you matter to someone. Your life has touched many lives, and your absence would leave a vacuum. You are loved, even if depression is telling you that you’re not.

As an introvert, it’s easy for you to keep your emotions to yourself, and your negative feelings are probably no exception. Today, reach out to someone you trust, and tell them as much as you feel comfortable telling them. You don’t have to tell them everything, but try talking about how you feel. Research has found that simply naming your feelings (“I’m feeling really sad right now”) helps us better contain and mange even our most painful emotions.

Most important, seek professional help.

https://introvertdear.com/news/introversion-suicide-13-reasons-why/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by FIDELITY24(m): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
Nice write up... this thread is a blessing to me, I av learnt alot of things about introversion from here.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by imolereed(m): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hello peeps, can someone be an introvert and an extrovert at thesame time based on the kind of people they are around at a particular point in time.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
imolereed:
Hello peeps, can someone be an introvert and an extrovert at thesame time based on the kind of people they are around at a particular point in time.
Yes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
imolereed:
You took this question right outta my mouth

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Jadoskii(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
imolereed:
such a person is an ambivert ....balance of introvert nd extrovert features

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by imolereed(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
Jadoskii:
such a person is an ambivert ....balance of introvert nd extrovert features
Oh okay now I know I'm still normal because I do question my self at times when I tend to act wild and crazy around my cliques and then act so timid around some certain people especially when a third party comes around which makes me finding it hard to get along with people easily

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by imolereed(m): 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2018
Rubbiish:

Yes
Thanks for the response

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2018
imolereed:

Oh okay now I know I'm still normal because I do question my self at times when I tend to act wild and crazy around my cliques and then act so timid around some certain people especially when a third party comes around which makes me finding it hard to get along with people easily
I wouldn't classify u as an ambivert going by bold. Because even extreme shy people are comfortable with the familiar...

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Jadoskii(m): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2018
imolereed:

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Jadoskii(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
imolereed:

ure normal buddy...lol...dnt sweat it.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by imolereed(m): 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
Rubbiish:

I wouldn't classify u as an ambivert going by bold. Because even extreme shy people are comfortable with the familiar...
Okay which means I'm still classified as an introvert yeah?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 9:07am On Aug 28, 2018
imolereed:
Okay which means I'm still classified as an introvert yeah?
Yes sir

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by NAPC1(m): 12:49am On Aug 29, 2018
Olarewajub:
Introvert comes from Latin intro- , "inward," and vertere , "turning." It describes a person who tends to turn inward mentally. Introverts sometimes avoid large groups of people, feeling more energized by time alone.
Introversion is at its root a type of temperament. It is not the same as shyness or having a withdrawn personality, and it is not pathological. It is also not something you can change. But you can learn to work with it, not against it.

Introvert Facts

• 75 percent of the world is extroverted.

• Being introverted affects all areas of your life.

• Nothing is wrong with you.

• Introverts feel drained and overstimulated.

• Being introverted is something to be celebrated.

Common Introversion Traits

Introversion is marked by a number of sub-traits:

1. Very self-aware

2. Thoughtful

3. Enjoys understanding details

4. Interested in self-knowledge and self-understanding

5. Tends to keep emotions private

6. Quiet and reserved in large groups or around unfamiliar people

7. More sociable and gregarious around people they know well

8. Learns well through observation.

Introverts Library

1. Quiet by Susan Cain

2. Success as an Introvert for Dummies by Joan Pastor

3. Introvert Power by Laurie Helgoe, PhD

4. Introverts in Love by Sophia Dembling

5. The Awakened Introvert by Arnie Kozak

6. The Irresistible Introvert by Michaela Chung

7. Quiet Influence by Jennifer B. Kahnweiler, PhD

8. The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney, Psy.D.

9. The Introvert Entrepreneur by Beth Buelow

10. Quiet Power: The Secret Strength of Introverted Kids by Susan Cain

11. Introvert Doodles by Maureen “Marzi” Wilson

Quiet people are often found to have profound insights.
The shallow water in a brook or river runs fast:
The deep water seems calmer.

—JAMES ROGERS

Are you an introvert? If yes, this is definitely the place to be.
What are your challenges as an introvert and are you happy about your introversion?

P.S=> Extrovert- Keep Off.

Welcome to Nairaland Introverts Lounge

smiley wink cheesy shocked I

Check: https://www.nairaland.com/4702023/photos-eternal-premium-furniture
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 2:22am On Aug 29, 2018
gidjah:
I stayed off campus too during my undergraduate days and had similar experience like yours, not not this extreme sha. But up till now, I really don't initiate a conversation with a stranger if I feel it's not worth it, or if I feel the friendship won't lead anywhere.
Once entered a bus recently nd was shoulder tight with a pretty nd young lady. She was jabbing me slightly on countless occasions, nd was trying to gain my attention. I had a little cough and each time I coughed, she was quick to tell me sorry (actually, she was the only one in the bus that told me sorry), for which I just said THANK YOU nd ended it there. She was so craving for a conversation with me, but I just couldnt initiate one. I am pretty sure if she started a real one, I would have sustained it. I am trying to work on that part of me sha...... Initiating a conversation.
My present job, I am a Customer Care Representative. It doesn't pay much, but I enjoy making people happy each time I resolve their issues. 99.9% of the time, they usually ask for my name again before dropping the call. Many of them do commend me and encourage me to keep it up

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 2:26am On Aug 29, 2018
imolereed:

If you ask me, I will say that is a typical example of an introvert, esp melancholy. When I am with my clique to, I am very free and could talk for hours nonstop. There is always one topic or issue to discuss and sustain. But when in a crowded place esp with unknown faces, I could also stay mute for hours. I can journey a 5 hr trip without striking a conversation with the next person to me. I might not even know what their faces look like. It's usually fun watching people arguing as to me being a very shy person, and someone within my clique serious trying to give facts to prove otherwise. It is usually fun, as I smile nd stay mute. It usually doesn't end

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 2:41am On Aug 29, 2018
Geofavor:
grin grin grin..
I love your moniker...... Are you a Geographer?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 3:05am On Aug 29, 2018
GloryIsaac:
Anyone having issues with the introvert personality should read

1. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Dr Stephen Corvey

2. Quiet - Susan Cain

3. The Art of Not Giving a F*ck - Mark Henson

4. Making Friends and Influencing People - Dale Carnegie.
Long time no see bro... Hope you are doing great? Please cane you give me a direct link on where to download number 3... I seem to have picked special interest in it but I am not finding my way around Google
Great to catch up on what I have missed on this thread

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
okikiosibodu:

I stayed off campus too during my undergraduate days and had similar experience like yours, not not this extreme sha. But up till now, I really don't initiate a conversation with a stranger if I feel it's not worth it, or if I feel the friendship won't lead anywhere.
Once entered a bus recently nd was shoulder tight with a pretty nd young lady. She was jabbing me slightly on countless occasions, nd was trying to gain my attention. I had a little cough and each time I coughed, she was quick to tell me sorry (actually, she was the only one in the bus that told me sorry), for which I just said THANK YOU nd ended it there. She was so craving for a conversation with me, but I just couldnt initiate one. I am pretty sure if she started a real one, I would have sustained it. I am trying to work on that part of me sha...... Initiating a conversation.
My present job, I am a Customer Care Representative. It doesn't pay much, but I enjoy making people happy each time I resolve their issues. 99.9% of the time, they usually ask for my name again before dropping the call. Many of them do commend me and encourage me to keep it up
it is well bro.lots of ladies like my presence a lot.You notice my shy character and observe I am Not the loud talking type if you get to stay around .But once you could be able to come close and get into interaction with me, you would take a liking on me.so this formula has endeared lots of ladies to me,my own na just to equip them with knowledge and get out of thier live,though I got one or two of my g\fs via this same method,But on the average ,I can't fit ask any lady out o, even till date .your CC job would make you more or less a talking talker just like my own profession (public speaking, Gospel ministering ,Guidance counselor) also makes me same.But such professions sharpens us up at the end of the day abi?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
gidjah:
it is well bro.lots of ladies like my presence a lot.You notice my shy character and observe I am Not the loud talking type if you get to stay around .But once you could be able to come close and get into interaction with me, you would take a liking on me.so this formula has endeared lots of ladies to me,my own na just to equip them with knowledge and get out of thier live,though I got one or two of my g\fs via this same method,But on the average ,I can't fit ask any lady out o, even till date .your CC job would make you more or less a talking talker just like my own profession (public speaking, Gospel ministering ,Guidance counselor) also makes me same.But such professions sharpens us up at the end of the day abi?
hmmm...hope u are using this ur gospel ministering for it rightful purpose...

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
Rubbiish:

hmmm...hope u are using this ur gospel ministering for it rightful purpose...
way older than those now, boys are now grown up men.I don't even use that method again,I am now a privilege chosen,and if you have such kind o f challenge now, let me know,There is a way out by the mercies of the most high

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
okikiosibodu:

If you ask me, I will say that is a typical example of an introvert, esp melancholy. When I am with my clique to, I am very free and could talk for hours nonstop. There is always one topic or issue to discuss and sustain. But when in a crowded place esp with unknown faces, I could also stay mute for hours. I can journey a 5 hr trip without striking a conversation with the next person to me. I might not even know what their faces look like. It's usually fun watching people arguing as to me being a very shy person, and someone within my clique serious trying to give facts to prove otherwise. It is usually fun, as I smile nd stay mute. It usually doesn't end
I for one don't like much talk even when I am with my loved ones o, i reserve my energy for my profession;teaching and counseling. You can't spend hours on the field convincing a lost individual and yet get back home to continue the noise making (most times you would even need to prepare for the next days job),you would have been totally sapped of your energy.so for me I keep my energy for talking long against next days job.Talk less and study more,sometimes I listen to good music and messages. I JUST NEED TO ALWAYS RECHARGE MY BATTERIES .

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
okikiosibodu:

Long time no see bro... Hope you are doing great? Please cane you give me a direct link on where to download number 3... I seem to have picked special interest in it but I am not finding my way around Google
Great to catch up on what I have missed on this thread

Good here Bro, haven't really been able to follow the thread religiously too, thanks to @Rubbiish cheesy for his immense contribution.

Check it on ebookscart dot com, should be there.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 3:44am On Aug 30, 2018
gidjah:
I can relate. Many ladies love good listeners and a shy nd introvertee fellow is usually a good listener. He pays rapt attention to the lady that keeps talking, nd d lady feels free to express herself (cos that is how many unwind from the days pressure) without being intrupted. So such guy gets their preference when it comes to sharing their time...unknowingly to them that many atimes, we unwind from our own daily pressure by enjoying out solitude in silence grin

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 3:51am On Aug 30, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Good here Bro, haven't really been able to follow the thread religiously too, thanks to @Rubbiish cheesy for his immense contribution.

Check it on ebookscart dot com, should be there.
Thanks bro. I came across this site sef today.... Might help some people here...

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I have seen the file. Will look for an android phone to download it too

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 30, 2018
okikiosibodu:

Thanks bro. I came across this site sef today.... Might help some people here...

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I have seen the file. Will look for an android phone to download it too

You're Welcome. Did you take the test?, what did it come out as?

I just took another one after a very long time of not doing so....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.