Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636083 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Harodebby(f): 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2018
Wel, am still struggling with stage fright nd can easily express my self more on social media than communicating one on one

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2018
Harodebby:
Wel, am still struggling with stage fright nd can easily express my self more on social media than communicating one on one

If you're well versed in a particular topic, then all you need to do is talk about it like you're teaching it. Most times, not having deep knowledge of a topic causes unnecessary problems.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Harodebby(f): 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2018
GloryIsaac:

If you're well versed in a particular topic, then all you need to do is talk about it like you're teaching it. Most times, not having deep knowledge of a topic causes unnecessary problems.
ok Tnx.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SKYQUEST(m): 4:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
I love this tread, very educative!

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
GloryIsaac:

You're Welcome. Did you take the test?, what did it come out as?

I just took another one after a very long time of not doing so....
I was banned this morning when I was about replying you.
I did it again cos I didn't screenshoot the last time, I stil got same result.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
My results

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by natsuflame: 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2018
traware:
Never ever be too friendly with Nigerians.They'll just believe you're foolish and try to take advantage of you.I used to be shy,self-conscious and introverted in my teen years until I realized I was quite good at everything I did.Infact,better than everyone sef.Then I started feeling better about myself(confidence).Today,those days are nothing but a memory
I'm just getting to this stage grin. I've discovered that I'm better than most pple at everything. My confidence has been skyrocketing

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
okikiosibodu:

Woah! never known an INFP before though, maybe because i'm not familiar with other personalities other than the general introvert, ambivert and extrovert. Would definitely look it up wink

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 03, 2018
okikiosibodu:

This is me too. I have to admit the results described me pretty well.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 5:07am On Sep 03, 2018
Backfornow:

This is me too. I have to admit the results described me pretty well.
Hahahaha. Welcome on board
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 5:18am On Sep 03, 2018
Screenshots from THE SUBTLE ART OF NOT GIVING A F*CK.
I will admit that I may so buchan enjoying the book and more especially, this is about the first time I will witness someone using the F-word and I am not getting offended evnthough it is excessive used. It also seems to be the very first "big" book I have ever read... Though I am in-the-process-of, it it is most likely I will finish it.The writer seems to b a choleric that doesn't give a f*CK grin
He was right about many things though. One gets worried about an issue, one tends to be worried about the level of anxiety one is going through. Consequently, being worried about one's worries can lead to another worry on its own, and the chain reaction seems to be a stranger to oblivion, as it is never ending

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Geofavor(m): 5:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
okikiosibodu:

I love your moniker...... Are you a Geographer?
Thanks. Geologist (in the making).
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LeiderJa: 5:37pm On Sep 03, 2018
okikiosibodu:
I will admit that I may so buchan enjoying the book and more especially, this is about the first time I will witness someone using the F-word and I am not getting offended evnthough it is excessive used. It also seems to be the very first "big" book I have ever read... Though I am in-the-process-of, it it is most likely I will finish it.The writer seems to b a choleric that doesn't give a f*CK grin
He was right about many things though. One gets worried about an issue, one tends to be worried about the level of anxiety one is going through. Consequently, being worried about one's worries can lead to another worry on its own, and the chain reaction seems to be a stranger to oblivion, as it is never ending

I love this book

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
okikiosibodu:

Have you noticed that around Chpter 4 or 5, the f word usage decreases alot. This makes me think the usage was a marketing or shock value strategy.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 5:05am On Sep 04, 2018
Geofavor:
Thanks. Geologist (in the making).
Hehehehehehe. Quite synonymous to Geography. Otherwise study the earth, and both originated from Cosmology. But I respect you people a lot o. I once went to Geology dept during my undergraduate days, and I just decided to feed my eyes with the rock samples they had. I saw about 5 rock samples all looking the same to me, but they all had different labels on them. I just gave up on cramming any name. Geography all the way grin

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 5:12am On Sep 04, 2018
Backfornow:

Have you noticed that around Chpter 4 or 5, the f word usage decreases alot. This makes me think the usage was a marketing or shock value strategy.
Hehehehehe
I never reach there.... Ayam taking my time to read it. I don't want to get bored reading it. The writer seems to be a mean choleric that won't mind stepping on toes to get what he wants. But the wrote up is meant for people like me that care and worry TOO much. A replacement for "Don't give a f*ck" can be "Care less", or "Be less bothered". It's not meant for everyone though. People that are too docile or complacent should not try to read the book. I will update you as I progress with the book grin. Gracias

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 5:14am On Sep 04, 2018
LeiderJa:

I love this book
Thank you for reading through the Typo error. I lack the patience of reading my writeups before posting. I am working on changing for good though grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 5:13am On Sep 09, 2018
H

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 5:14am On Sep 09, 2018
B

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 5:15am On Sep 09, 2018
J

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:38am On Sep 10, 2018
Harodebby:

It's not a bad thing actually to struggle with stage fright. Sometimes you have so many people in the crowd who hate you, some who want to gauge and access your level of intelligence, some who want to praise and flatter you unnecessarily, (yes, some who even want to take advantage of you, if you know what I mean), and so on and so forth.

Although I will encourage you to try communicating face-to-face with people, I will not condemn you at all if you express yourself better in writing, or interacting via social media.

When I was in university, I struggled with stage fright, but now that I'm out of school and have "grown up a bit", I've found that it was more an advantage than a disadvantage. Many people think introversion is bad, but I say it's a priceless gift.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Harodebby(f): 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
ovaltine22:

It's not a bad thing actually to struggle with stage fright. Sometimes you have so many people in the crowd who hate you, some who want to gauge and access your level of intelligence, some who want to praise and flatter you unnecessarily, (yes, some who even want to take advantage of you, if you know what I mean), and so on and so forth.

Although I will encourage you to try communicating face-to-face with people, I will not condemn you at all if you express yourself better in writing, or interacting via social media.

When I was in university, I struggled with stage fright, but now that I'm out of school and have "grown up a bit", I've found that it was more an advantage than a disadvantage. Many people think introversion is bad, but I say it's a priceless gift.
tnx bro

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
introverts in the house,how do you deal with insults from people who try to vex you for keeping quiet everytime and pressure from others to fit in? One annoying dude in in my computer school was telling a girl (who is also annoying) that I have a disease because I keep quiet everytime right in my presence (they said it in Yoruba).I wonder what they say when I'm not around

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Castleberry: 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2018
raptex:
introverts in the house,how do you deal with insults from people who try to vex you for keeping quiet everytime and pressure from others to fit in? One annoying dude in in my computer school was telling a girl (who is also annoying) that I have a disease because I keep quiet everytime right in my presence (they said it in Yoruba).I wonder what they say when I'm not around

I feel you should ignore. This people are just looking for a way to get you to talk

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
Harodebby:
tnx bro
You are still very young, a lady too...It is only natural for u to experience these things regardless of being an introvert or extrovert.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 9:35pm On Sep 10, 2018
raptex:
Lolzzzzz
Sth u should have laughed off is what u re calling insult?
We introverts take irrelevant things so serious most times & it affects us alot.
I believe they were only trying to make u talk...u should have laughed it off & initiate a conversation from it sef...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2018
Harodebby:
hmmm we all do once a while, we struggle to keep the stage tight once we mount .No matter how bold one is , weather been an intro or extro, we get kinda gilltery once it is stage time so that's not strange,but we all are expected to gradually get over this as we keep at this practice.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 12, 2018
gidjah:
hmmm we all do once a while, we struggle to keep the stage tight once we mount .No matter how bold one is , weather been an intro or extro, we get kinda gilltery once it is stage time so that's not strange,but we all are expected to gradually get over this as we keep at this practice.

Yes we are. But please, do not put her under unnecessary pressure.

Like I said earlier, it could be advantageous at her young age.

Anyways, I think it just might wear off naturally as she grows older and experiences more of this thing called life.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:58am On Sep 12, 2018
raptex:

This is why I hate labels and have since stopped measuring myself by the introversion-extroversion scale.

What's most important is to gain wisdom as you go through life.

You know the book that the great presidents and great men of the world read to gain wisdom? It's the Bible.

Let me give you a few gems of what the Bible says about the use of our tongues:

Proverbs 17: 27-28, "Whoever restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a gentle spirit is a man of understanding. Even a fool is considered wise when he keeps silent; when he closes his lips (when there is no need to talk), he is deemed intelligent.

Proverbs 12: 18-19, "There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue is but for a moment.

Proverbs 15:2, "The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly: but the mouth of fools pour out foolishness.

Proverbs 6: 23-24, "For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life: to keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.

So don't worry bro. Let people call you all sorts of names - retarded, quiet, diseased, shy, bolo, and so on. In time, you'll realise how your quietness is a gift from God.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by woodfrank(m): 8:10am On Sep 12, 2018
myca:

You are right to stop trying to fit in...it doesn't work, trust me. I did that for years but sadness and depression were my usual playmates each time I tried.

Introverts should stop trying to be what they are not. One need not be a social genius to succeed and live a very meaningful life. Not being very sociable doesn't mean one should become anti social.

You can be introverted and still relate well with people.

Myca, can you please pm me your whatsapp details?

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.