Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,018 members, 7,806,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (635909 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: And you can't join the choir department because you hate when all eyes are on you.
I actually became the choir coordinator of my fellowship during my 2nd year in my university. I joined the choir to play keyboard initially.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vikel2104: 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: Lol @ vikel2104 . I read everything and even expecting more. 93% of introvert are currently indoor. #IntrovertFact.
ok. I'll post more later because now I need full attention to accomplish the next task on my indoor schedule - watching a movie.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by samyan12: 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
I always thot this is a weird thing about me. Talking drains me physically, its just too exerting. Most tyms I smile and continue scrolling thru my phone. Im on nairaland every day, but I hardly contribute to posts. I just read and move away.
Profmaojo: Am damm introvert...dn't knw hw to communicate with people for 5 mins...talking drains my energy....

11 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
vikel2104: ok. I'll post more later because now I need full attention to accomplish the next task on my indoor schedule - watching a movie.
lol. Continua.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
Djtm:
I actually became the choir coordinator of my fellowship during my 2nd year in my university. I joined the choir to play keyboard initially.
Can you tell us how joining the choir helped your shyish personality?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
SugaryBelle: whaaat! Have you seen how those girls walk? With gait and coposure,standing and smiling from 9am-12pm and walking people round to thier seats,thats worse, not this introvert abeg I can't fit,I enjoy siting in one place.I do well in the accounts department.
Oh sorry for using the word "cool". What i was trying to say is that joining the ushering department will really be of help to you when you are trying to speak/appearing publicly.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SugaryBelle(f): 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: Oh sorry for using the word "cool". What i was trying to say is that joining the ushering department will really help to cope with appearing in public.
oh! OK.Yeah thats right,courage is the only thing needed.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
#IntrovertFact.
Majority of introverts have hard time uploading their pics on social network.

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
SugaryBelle: oh! OK.Yeah thats right,courage is the only thing needed.
Yea, we really need to build our confidence so as not to make a fool out of ourself on the long run.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: Can you tell us how joining the choir helped your shyish personality?
Sure. Prior to my appointment as the choir coord, I was on the keyboard most times, so I had no problems at all. But when I assumed "duty", I sometimes had to lead "introduce" songs or worse, lead them. I most times rehearse what I would say before grabbing the mic. As time went on, I became more and more confident and I kind of grew used to the people. Being an executive introduced me to visiting people. I was the sort of hostel-school person. But I had to visit members, send text messages etc. It helped me to be able to stand in front of people without my legs shaking (or with my legs shaking a little) in my trousers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: #IntrovertFact.
91% of introverts have hard time uploading their pics ön social media.
That's true. I don't have my pic on social media.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kalimera101: 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ajibel: Okay though. You guys can unwind. I have myself to talk to and stuffs to code. I ll prefer to read what others say

I'm with you.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ayodiya: 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
not just uploading , taking pic na die throughout my university days took pics 6 times

11 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
1. Introverts are shy:
People frequently confuse introversion with being shy and even use the two words interchangeably. Shyness has more to do with anxiety and discomfort in situations involving social interaction, while introversion has to do with needing some time alone after social interactions to recharge and regain expended energy. Bill Gates is soft-spoken, bookish and introverted, but is he shy? Of course not. He wouldn’t be overly bothered by what you say to or think of him.

2. Introverts hate people:
Just because introverts need (and enjoy) time alone more than their extroverted counterparts does not mean that they hate people. On the contrary, introverts love people. They just tend to enjoy social interactions in a different way than extroverts do. Don’t be too pushy or judgmental when at a party—introverts prefer to sit calmly and watch the action from the sidelines. It’s not that they are anti-social or that they don’t want to have fun; it’s just that it’s more fun for them to enjoy the party quietly.

3. Introverts are neurotic:
Extroverts might think introverts are neurotic, but this perceptionisoften veryfar from the truth. Introverts don’t have extreme mood swings any more than extroverts do. They are not constant worriers, nor do they have a paranoid personality. Introverts can cope in any social setting just as well as extroverts can. They will only need some time alone afterwards to re-energize.

4. Introverts are mentally unstable:
Introverts are not any more prone to mental illness than other people. Needing private time to restore your energy and preferring to work on your own over working in teams does not make you mentally unstable.

5. Introverts are bad leaders:
Historically, introverts have made some of the best leaders the world has seen. Abraham Lincoln was quiet, reserved and dignified. He was revered as a man who did not ‘offend by superiority.’ Mahatma Gandhi, Queen Elizabeth II, Winston Churchill,Eleanor Roosevelt, Walt Disney, and Steve Jobs all make the long list of exceptional, introverted leaders.

6. Introverts are depressed:
This misconception likely stems from the fact that extroverts—who draw their energy from being in the company of others—feel depressed and sad when they spend long hours alone. They therefore imagine introverts feel the same way spending all that time alone quietly engrossed in their own thoughts. This might be a genuine misconception, but it is not right to put extrovert feelings on introverts. Introverts enjoy their time alone and arenotdepressed.
7. Introverts are losers:
You might not know it, but many of the world’s most successful personalities in all spheres of business and industry are actually introverts. Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford, Christina Aguilera, and J.K. Rowling, among many others, are introverts. These people are not losers.

8. Introverts have nothing to say:
In a highly extrovert world that just can’t stop talking, introverts simply won’t speak unless they have something worthwhile to say. That’s all it is!

9. Introverts are more intelligent
Many introverts, like Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin and Marcel Proust, are highly celebrated thinkers, but many others are not. Being introverted does not automatically make you more intelligent. It’s just that the best ideas often happen when people are in a more reflective, introverted mindset.
Source: Lifehack.org

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
ayodiya:
not just uploading , taking pic na die throughtout my university days took pics 6 times

Matric picture na manage and the pics are usually weird because you don't have any ideal how you are going to pose. Lol @ djtm

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by agbeke58(f): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
Introvert too. Pple tink i'm proud and a snub. I was able to overcome stage freight by joining the choir and taking songs, though not easy at first, but as time goes on, i was able to overcome. Some people are surprised when they see me on stage singing. I have no friends and its just recently i go out because i'm sometimes bored.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
ayodiya:
not just uploading , taking pic na die throughtout my university days took pics 6 times
lol. 6 times? If you mean printed (hardcopy) photos, then I've only taken two (during my matric).

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
Djtm:
lol. 6 times? If you mean printed (hardcopy) photos, then I've only taken two (during my matric).
Mine is about 6 (matric pics)

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
#IntrovertFact.
Majority of introverts smile alot. You can add yours.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bluish(f): 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
also an introvert,shy,reserved quiet,enjoy time alone,have few friends,dont like partying

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by GreyBlood: 10:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
I'm a strange combo of funny,shy and introverted being. I hate to be noticed in a crowd and try as much as possible to avoid attention. I imagine things a lot in my head and try to figure out what to say b4 talking so as not to make a fool of myself especially while with strangers or in a crowd.I suck at online chats(since I lack what to say, I've only about 6 whatsapp contacts and usually hide offline when I log in to facebook) but do better with face to face chats since I can get inspiration from the surroundings or from the persons' behaviour.

I'm conquering it now since I've a good sense of humour and can easily make people laugh. I learn and research a lot on d net, it helps me to always have something interesting to say in my real life discussions with people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Krasid(m): 11:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
Wow,where do i start.Okay, first i am very very shy.I discovered this when I was in Junoir secondary.Being an introvert has its advantages/disadvantages.I have less friends, find it difficult to start convos,or being in the midst of lots of people, but it also gives me time to think and concentrate.I don't know if people think i am arrogant or just shy and i don't care.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:05am On Jul 28, 2014
GreyBlood: I'm a strange combo of funny,shy and introverted being. I hate to be noticed in a crowd and try as much as possible to avoid attention. I imagine things a lot in my head and try to figure out what to say b4 talking so as not to make a fool of myself especially while with strangers or in a crowd.I suck at online chats(since I lack what to say, I've only about 6 whatsapp contacts and usually hide offline when I log in to facebook) but do better with face to face chats since I can get inspiration from the surroundings or from the persons' behaviour.

I'm conquering it now since I've a good sense of humour and can easily make people laugh. I learn and research a lot on d net, it helps me to always have something interesting to say in my real life discussions with people.

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:05am On Jul 28, 2014
Krasid: Wow,where do i start.Okay, first i am very very shy.I discovered this when I was in Junoir secondary.Being an introvert has its advantages/disadvantages.I have less friends, find it difficult to start convos,or being in the midst of lots of people, but it also gives me time to think and concentrate.I don't know if people think i am arrogant or just shy and i don't care.
Hope you are friendly because most introvert are.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Krasid(m): 12:12am On Jul 28, 2014
Olarewajub: Hope you are friendly because most introvert are.
I am very friendly, but sometimes people take it for granted.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:15am On Jul 28, 2014
Krasid: I am very friendly, but sometimes people take it for granted.
Yea, because you just don't have the energy to retaliate. Just smile and work away.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 28, 2014
I'm an introvert but I also like hanging out. I don't mind attending parties but I jst sit back and chill. I'm not and can never be d life of a party. I have very few friends and I find it difficult making new friends. Sometimes I find making new friends totally unnecessary.
I don't talk much, I find talking so stressful. I enjoy my 'me' time. When I'm with my wife I chatter alot but with outsiders I'm always very quiet. I will never be d first to strike up a conversation. Funny enough I didn't find it hard getting girlfriends while I ws still single. Though I'm not the meet a girl on d road and toast type but if I'm introduced to a girl I like, I always found it easy trying to chat her up and keep d friendship going. I found it easy asking them for a relationship. So my relationship life didn't suffer.
I enjoy doing 'me' things. Watching movies, playing games or reading. But when I'm invited out I don't shy away. Being an introvert is fun as it makes u a deep thinker and close friends always want ur advice. I hate noise and noisy people. My best form of hanging out is with a friend or my wife in a nice restaurant or bar with cool music and not some loud noisy joint.

22 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sexzeyez: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2014
Majority of introverts smile alot. You can add yours.
Am an introvert, but I dont smile that much.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by corisande: 9:02am On Jul 28, 2014

Gbam!

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by GreyBlood: 10:03am On Jul 28, 2014
Being an introvert is actually amazing as it will help you develop deep thinking abilities. Just work more on your association with others and you are good to go.

I could remember my first very interview; we were many that were invited and we sat waiting. I have never experienced an interview b4 coupled with d fact dat I m shy and inexperienced. I was jittery and was waiting to get a clue from the people that would be interviewed before me.

Hell was let loose when my name was called first...Among all the people that came there they decided to call me first. For the first time in my life I felt like denying my name. I couldn't believe the company had allied with my enemies to punish me embarassed

Goodmorning!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 10:49am On Jul 28, 2014
GreyBlood: For the first time in my life I felt like denying my name. I couldn't believe the company had allied with my enemies to punish me embarassed

Goodmorning!
lmao cheesy

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajibel(m): 11:59am On Jul 28, 2014
I havent taken a pic of myself this year tho'. I dont see a reason why I should have a pic of myself on my phone.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.