Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636140 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wane2: 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
Rubbiish:
But how old are u? Age can also be a contributing factor
I am one score years
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ibkayee(f): 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2019
Mrpsly247:

Lucky you... I can't dance even if my life depended on it
cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
charley94:
And I am out here “punching” myself for not being in one despite the numerous green lights I have received

Nothing special.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by CsRockefeller(m): 10:13am On Nov 18, 2019
Fairview1:
The most annoying part for me is that most times, I am always short of words or let's say I don't usually know what to say when I am with the opposite sex. It has cost me alot in my little journey in life.

Most especially in my relationship with the ladies. I don't find it easy to communicate my feelings and that has made me remain single as I had always been. Meanwhile I have been of age to to get into one.

Advise me please!!

Wanted to advice you but on a second thought, I'm in your shoes too.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by scave(m): 11:08am On Nov 18, 2019
Fairview1:
The most annoying part for me is that most times, I am always short of words or let's say I don't usually know what to say when I am with the opposite sex. It has cost me alot in my little journey in life.

Most especially in my relationship with the ladies. I don't find it easy to communicate my feelings and that has made me remain single as I had always been. Meanwhile I have been of age to to get into one.

Advise me please!!

The problem we have is thinking too much, as I got the idea I decided if I want to talk I won't think of the repercussions. I start talking when ever i wished to and I see people laughing when I talk.

Don't think too much just say it.

The first girl I asked out was a very classy one even the play boys are shy to ask her out, I developed courage asked her even though she didn't accept we became friends and we communicate and she respect me till today.

No lady is too big to talk to, always have that in mind, if she turns you down it's a normal thing don't think too much, look for another, life goes on.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 11:47am On Nov 18, 2019
scave:

The problem we have is thinking too much, as I got the idea I decided if I want to talk I won't think of the repercussions. I start talking when ever i wished to and I see people laughing when I talk.

Don't think too much just say it.

The first girl I asked out was a very classy one even the play boys are shy to ask her out, I developed courage asked her even though she didn't accept we became friends and we communicate and she respect me till today.

No lady is too big to talk to, always have that in mind, if she turns you down it's a normal thing don't think too much, look for another, life goes on.
Rejection is what some guys really fear. I know a guy that made his feelings known to a lady he was crushing on, he was rejected and till today has never asked anyone else out. Says he's got this terrible feeling that he would always be rejected. Very handsome person for that matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by scave(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hakeem12:
Rejection is what some guys really fear. I know a guy that made his feelings known to a lady he was crushing on, he was rejected and till today has never asked anyone else out. Says he's got this terrible feeling that he would always be rejected. Very handsome person for that matter.

That's d main issue, rejection and how to start the conversation. Pick up a line from there generate ideas base on the environment and if the second party refuse to flow leave d person and get someone else. They looses not you. BECAUSE MOST INTROVERT ARE CARING EVEN IF THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO SHOW IT BUT THEY LIKE PUTTING PEOPLE IN THEIR SHOES BEFORE THEY TAKE ACTION.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
Vibesking:
I have an amazing girlfriend. We've been dating for two months now.

But right now, there's nothing I want more in life than being single again.

you even have a girlfriend undecided
I will sell my soul to have a girlfriend for 5 minutes
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
Drizzle007:
Having a serious problem getting a Job because of my nature. Most people I know, which is quite a few got theirs through networking and referrals. I have no one. I've only been contact three times for interviews all in distant locations and I don't even bother going because of that. Introversion is worse when you're done with school, NYSC and anything that forces you to be in crowded places. When you are alone being a job seeker or even trying venturing in a business. It just get you at the neck. Never thought the ripple effect of being an introvert would come hard on me like this.
introversion is a bad thing to happen to us cry cry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 7:32am On Nov 19, 2019
JacksonMS:

You value yourself too little.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by scave(m): 9:50am On Nov 19, 2019
JacksonMS:
introversion is a bad thing to happen to us cry cry

What u fail to understand is that many people want to b like u and they admire u. While you are killing urself to b like someone else.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ultimategeneral: 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
scave:

What u fail to understand is that many people want to b like u and they admire u. While you are killing urself to b like someone else.
Hard fact...most introvert tend to belittle themselves in the eyes of people, without knowing that the same people wants to get close to them.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MisterKings(m): 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2019
I used to be a very strong introvert. I still am Sha but e don reduce small. I don't start conversations unless the other person starts first. But it was different when I dated my wife. Although my pick up line was sincere. I told her I have seen her face before not sure where and she simply responded that it was in secondary school and from there we started dating.

Toasting a girl for me was one thing that got my heart beating faster than a drum set in church.

Now I look back at my life I regret all the girls I could have dated and all the ones that were giving me signs to come and knack. I was just there dulling.

One time I liked a girl and my only way of toasting her was to form secret admirer and send her small small presents and even stalked her telling her what she was doing at a certain time.

This created a kind of value about me and she was dying to know who I was. When she finally did. We started getting close but my olodo self told a young girl in University that I would like us to start courting for marriage in the nearest future and at this time I no get shishi. The girl blatantly refused saying she had plans for her life and we stopped seeing each other.

Sometimes I feel I probably got married because I can't kill myself over toasting woman who might reject me over and over.
My wife is not an extrovert but she is a very social person as a matter of fact I learn how to talk to strangers from her. She can become friends with u in a few hours and u guys will discuss your whole life.

Being an introvert really keeps u from living your dream and hides you from opportunities. Its really a negative trait. I work full time and run a media business that provides media content in general but it is suffering because I don't know how to talk to potential clients.

That is why next year I have decided to come out of my shell on full throttle. For instance since I am into filmmaking I always love staying behind the scene but next year I am starting a YouTube channel and will appear more next year in front of the screen and I will talk to people just to kill my introvert personality and shyness.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
Vibesking:

You value yourself too little.
why should I value myself high and I m absolutely useless
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
scave:

not true. Nobody wants to be useless like me
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by scave(m): 7:27am On Nov 20, 2019
JacksonMS:
not true. Nobody wants to be useless like me

If u believe u are useless then u are, everyone is created to b useful but it is a personal decision to be truly useful. Don't see current failures as being useless. Failures are part of steps to success, ask any successful man.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 8:29am On Nov 20, 2019
MisterKings:
I used to be a very strong introvert. I still am Sha but e don reduce small. I don't start conversations unless the other person starts first. But it was different when I dated my wife. Although my pick up line was sincere. I told her I have seen her face before not sure where and she simply responded that it was in secondary school and from there we started dating.

Toasting a girl for me was one thing that got my heart beating faster than a drum set in church.

Now I look back at my life I regret all the girls I could have dated and all the ones that were giving me signs to come and knack. I was just there dulling.

One time I liked a girl and my only way of toasting her was to form secret admirer and send her small small presents and even stalked her telling her what she was doing at a certain time.

This created a kind of value about me and she was dying to know who I was. When she finally did. We started getting close but my olodo self told a young girl in University that I would like us to start courting for marriage in the nearest future and at this time I no get shishi. The girl blatantly refused saying she had plans for her life and we stopped seeing each other.

Sometimes I feel I probably got married because I can't kill myself over toasting woman who might reject me over and over.
My wife is not an extrovert but she is a very social person as a matter of fact I learn how to talk to strangers from her. She can become friends with u in a few hours and u guys will discuss your whole life.

Being an introvert really keeps u from living your dream and hides you from opportunities. Its really a negative trait. I work full time and run a media business that provides media content in general but it is suffering because I don't know how to talk to potential clients.

That is why next year I have decided to come out of my shell on full throttle. For instance since I am into filmmaking I always love staying behind the scene but next year I am starting a YouTube channel and will appear more next year in front of the screen and I will talk to people just to kill my introvert personality and shyness.
Introversion isn't a negative trait, neither does it keep anyone from living their dreams. It's very different from shyness, I know some shy extroverts too, it's got nothing to do with it. Many people just plainly mistake shyness for introversion.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 9:29am On Nov 20, 2019
JacksonMS:
why should I value myself high and I m absolutely useless

Alright.
I hope you change your mind about your self someday. Good luck
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MisterKings(m): 10:55am On Nov 20, 2019
Hakeem12:
Introversion isn't a negative trait, neither does it keep anyone from living their dreams. It's very different from shyness, I know some shy extroverts too, it's got nothing to do with it. Many people just plainly mistake shyness for introversion.

Do you agree it is shyness that makes you crawl into your shell in the first place? Turns you to an introvert and converts a tiny little place in ur home to ur complacent zone.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2019
MisterKings:

I've been reading a bunch of stuff here by people complaining that being an "introvert" has hampered their success in various instances.

Well, sorry about your negative experience and I do hope it gets better for y'all.

However, you should probably look inwardly to really determine the root cause of these setbacks. Cause I'm almost certain that it didn't occur because you're an introvert.

I'm a core introvert but I've got no issues with communicating or articulating my thoughts. When it comes to presentations or interviews, I've never fumbled. My audience tends to be very well impressed. Probably because of my diction and accent. Which comes from daily reading and consuming a lot of literary content. From hip-hop to American horror series. Include the News too.

In my former organisation (an international political entity), most of my colleagues were first grade extroverts and older than I am.

But when it came to representing the org in the international scale, I was the one being called. From giving a talk at a World Bank symposium with people from various countries in attendance, to being called to deliver lectures at conferences.

This also came with fast promotions as the management deemed me smart. (I turned them down cause I hated leadership and the stress it incurs). I like being in the background; pulling the stings. Plus I wasn't in for the long haul. All I needed was the experience. After getting it, I moved on.

Being an introvert never interfered. Though I resent public gatherings and small talks, but if there's something at stake and it's time to deliver, I do the work and get the job done.

It has nothing to do with your temperament but more about your internal image– how you see yourself.

Though my imaginations run wild and I'm a psychological wreck sometimes, I do not consider myself less than anyone. Cause I know everyone's messed up too but their fake asses are good at hiding it.

I keep a small cycle just to stay on the loop. I've got no cliques but a lot of acquaintances. I roll on my own. But when opportunities come, I'm the first to know.

So much so that I've attended closed gatherings that wasn't opened to the public which have had in attendance the governor of my state, top political guns, and leaders of industry. I've met with the Vice President, he's human and he's not really that tall. Plus he's humble too.

I hope you not getting the wrong message here. I ain't trying to paint a self-inflated picture of myself. I'm just trying to point out that being an introvert doesn't hinder you from excelling at your career or doing great things.

First, embrace who you are. But don't stop there. Develop yourself.

Read stuff that challenges how you think. Take online courses.

Personally, I consume a lot of stuff on Psychology and stocism. It's funny what you discover. For parts, that the entire human race is motivated by vanity. And we're not creatures of logic but emotions.

Understanding this will make conversations a lot easier. You'd know what make people tick; what get them excited and aroused.

You'd discover that listening is more effective than talking when conversing with someone; showing you're interested in what they're saying is more effective than trying to prove a point or thinking of a response.

For those scared of approaching women or settling for less beautiful bitches, that's on you and has nothing to do with being an introvert.

For crying out loud, these folks are not gods.

Behind the smooth skin, lovely breasts, and gorgeous clothes are humans who are grossly insecure.

At this point, I'm tired of typing. I hope you got something from this shiity piece. Good luck to y'all.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2019
MisterKings:

Do you agree it is shyness that makes you crawl into your shell in the first place? Turns you to an introvert and converts a tiny little place in ur home to ur complacent zone.
I just don't have the energy to deal with people all day like extroverts do, doesn't mean I'm shy cos of that. I don't have any problem talking to people, making connections, talking to ladies and all that. It basically just tires me is all. I do presentations, talk in large gatherings where even some extroverts would fumble. Though I've seen people who claim they are introverts cos they are shy and can't deal with people, it's never been a problem for me.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 21, 2019
JacksonMS:
grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bravesoul247(m): 11:30am On Nov 21, 2019
Vibesking:

I've been reading a bunch of stuff here by people complaining that being an "introvert" has hampered their success in various instances.

Well, sorry about your negative experience and I do hope it gets better for y'all.

However, you should probably look inwardly to really determine the root cause of these setbacks. Cause I'm almost certain that it didn't occur because you're an introvert.

I'm a core introvert but I've got no issues with communicating or articulating my thoughts. When it comes to presentations or interviews, I've never fumbled. My audience tends to be very well impressed. Probably because of my diction and accent. Which comes from daily reading and consuming a lot of literary content. From hip-hop to American horror series. Include the News too.

In my former organisation (an international political entity), most of my colleagues were first grade extroverts and older than I am.

But when it came to representing the org in the international scale, I was the one being called. From giving a talk at a World Bank symposium with people from various countries in attendance, to being called to deliver lectures at conferences.

This also came with fast promotions as the management deemed me smart. (I turned them down cause I hated leadership and the stress it incurs). I like being in the background; pulling the stings. Plus I wasn't in for the long haul. All I needed was the experience. After getting it, I moved on.

Being an introvert never interfered. Though I resent public gatherings and small talks, but if there's something at stake and it's time to deliver, I do the work and get the job done.

It has nothing to do with your temperament but more about your internal image– how you see yourself.

Though my imaginations run wild and I'm a psychological wreck sometimes, I do not consider myself less than anyone. Cause I know everyone's messed up too but their fake asses are good at hiding it.

I keep a small cycle just to stay on the loop. I've got no cliques but a lot of acquaintances. I roll on my own. But when opportunities come, I'm the first to know.

So much so that I've attended closed gatherings that wasn't opened to the public which have had in attendance the governor of my state, top political guns, and leaders of industry. I've met with the Vice President, he's human and he's not really that tall. Plus he's humble too.

I hope you not getting the wrong message here. I ain't trying to paint a self-inflated picture of myself. I'm just trying to point out that being an introvert doesn't hinder you from excelling at your career or doing great things.

Personally, I consume a lot of stuff on Psychology and stocism. It's funny what you discover. For parts, that the entire human race is motivated by vanity. And we're not creatures of logic but emotions.

Understanding this will make conversations a lot easier. You'd know what make people tick; what get them excited and aroused.

You'd discover that listening is more effective than talking when conversing with someone; showing you're interested in what they're saying is more effective than trying to prove a point or thinking of a response.

For those scared of approaching women or settling for less beautiful bitches, that's on you and has nothing to do with being an introvert.

Behind the smooth skin, lovely breasts, and gorgeous clothes are humans who are grossly insecure.

At this point, I'm tired of typing. I hope you got something from this shiity piece. Good luck to y'all.
absolutely lovely. I also can be introverted sometimes but when it comes to doing stuffs that's putting my image at stake, I grab the Bull by the bloody balls but sometimes I also have that sense of Insecurity. As regards the kinda books and courses you take, can you please recommend a few to me? I'll greatly appreciate it bro.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by cindybaby22(f): 3:29pm On Nov 21, 2019
JacksonMS:
Can i be your girlfriend? smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by scave(m): 6:18pm On Nov 21, 2019
cindybaby22:
Can i be your girlfriend? smiley
I Just checked ur profile I am dumbfounded
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dremca(m): 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
This is my first time commenting here. I have the skill in managing people and being social only when there is a reason for that like in the office but outside that, am always keeping to myself.

I find it difficult dating only for flings when am in the mood. I find it difficult calling and checking up on someone, am not just use to that. I even hardly call my family members.

I'm always goal-driven and if your aspirations doesn't match with mine, we can't just be friends no matter how many times we see in a day.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
bravesoul247:
absolutely lovely. I also can be introverted sometimes but when it comes to doing stuffs that's putting my image at stake, I grab the Bull by the bloody balls but sometimes I also have that sense of Insecurity. As regards the kinda books and courses you take, can you please recommend a few to me? I'll greatly appreciate it bro.

I read everything by Robert Greene. Popular ones include "Mastery," "48 Laws of Power," & "Art of Seduction." These books will wake you up from being an emotional junk to a more objective and logical animal.

One of my favourite book is the "Power of your Subconscious Mind" by Joseph Murphy. It debunked popular myth and places the power back in your hands.

I'd also recommend "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius. Contains short nuggets on various philosophical truths. Could call it a life advice manual. Definitely gonna change your perspective on life.

Then I read a bunch of history too, with a blend of social politics. Mostly about the life of dictators such as Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Vladimir Lenin. etc. "The Rise & Fall of the Third Reich" by William L. Shirer is a good place to start.

These aren't motivational books to make you feel mushy or fuzzy. They'll wake you up to life. To real fuxxxing life!

Yeah, these contents might pose as weird books by societal norms. But they've helped me develop a thick skin.

The world out there isn't fair. As an introvert like me, if you fail to shield yourself mentally, you'd be an emotional mop tossed to and fro by folks who'd wanna take you for a ride by capitalising on your calm and peaceful disposition.

These stuff have taught me to be calm but not to be foolish; to be calculative and astute. It has made me discover that my personality isn't a disadvantage but rather a blessing.

I've learnt to wear my insecurities comfortably with my middle finger to the world.

The Bible is my all time favourite.
Words by the author of Ecclesiastics still leaves me struck as to how a human being could possess that reservoir of practical wisdom. His generation didn't deserve him.

I prefer buying my books from a book store. I love the feel of flipping the pages and marking sentences. Lol.

However, you can get practically any book in pdf from b-ok.org or pdfdrive.com.

Good luck.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by PisciMan: 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
Vibesking:

[b]Personally, I consume a lot of stuff on Psychology and stocism. It's funny what you discover. [/b]For parts, that the entire human race is motivated by vanity. And we're not creatures of logic but emotions.

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by klark3: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
scave:

I Just checked ur profile I am dumbfounded
Lol
Lets hope JacksonMS will stand up to the challenge
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Karleb(m): 8:35pm On Nov 21, 2019
klark3:

Lol
Lets hope JacksonMS will stand up to the challenge

Just because the girl is pretty? undecided Stop being insecure!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by klark3: 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
Karleb:

Just because the girl is pretty? undecided Stop being insecure!
No u didn't get my point
I made that statement in regards to Jackson comments, because he tends to always look down on himself
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hollyb(f): 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
MisterKings:

No. Introversion doesn't necessarily make you shy. It makes you enjoy your own company. It makes you feel comfortable with yourself and saves your from unnecessary drama. Shyness is different from being an introvert

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.