Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,836 members, 7,798,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr (88018 Views)

The Moon Has Been Sighted In Saudi Arabia And Some Other Countries / Eid Ul Fitri: Barka Da Sallah / The Moon Has Been Sighted Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Haywhymido(m): 5:15am On Jul 27, 2014
jammani: Hahahahahah. Some people don carry-over ramadan o0, esp in Ilorin. Even the Emir would have to complete his own the second day of salah. #iLoveISLAM. Religion of justice and equality. #Happy eid-il-Fitr
dat emir of ilorin must be a funny man. Right on d 1st day of ramadan he ordered an announcement on radio, dat his pipo shd break dia fast around 12noon
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by lertee(f): 5:16am On Jul 27, 2014
Taqaballahu minna wa minkum
I wish all a wonderful eid el fitr celebration.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by onegig(m): 5:17am On Jul 27, 2014
EejaNla01:

The bashing on religion threads made many run away.
Really? Was there any bashing? Or you mean those few misguided trolls?
Posterity would judge us if we allow those yaba left candidates prevent us from performing our normal acts.

3 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by tintingz(m): 5:18am On Jul 27, 2014
I'm loving this. smiley

Happy Eid ul Fitr celebration.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by sckulboy: 5:18am On Jul 27, 2014
Wat did holy prophet say about d sightin of moon,beside aw many times did he sighted himself.follow d sunah not ur afla

3 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by hafees: 5:21am On Jul 27, 2014
Alhamdulilah Robil Allamin. Congratulations.
Since the NSCIA is the body for all Muslims in Nigeria and the head has made the announcement on network tv we should all observe eid and break our fast. PLEASE NO CONTROVERSIES!
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Kunlexic(m): 5:22am On Jul 27, 2014
I heard a programme on Radio Lagos this morning,they received call from Saudi Arabia and we learnt that they will observe their fitri tomorrow,equivalent to 28,Monday in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by yhermmie(f): 5:23am On Jul 27, 2014
But eid-il-fitri is supposed to be on monday not sunday. I don't this is true

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Motolank: 5:23am On Jul 27, 2014
ALL NA WASH undecided

Them go finish go they kill people cool
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Aphex(m): 5:24am On Jul 27, 2014
Umm.... when would this festival come to an end this year?
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Mustay(m): 5:28am On Jul 27, 2014
@onegig, I.understand the feeling bro. However, I didn't check and on this day, it'll be better to enjoy it than be immersed into 'complicatum' wink We have a leader and he's made an announcement. cool

It's the same way people wait for SA or some other countries. Whatever seems to be wrong with our leaders, may Allah 'right' it amongst them.

IMO, ego is the ish here if some people (leaders) can't 'rub minds' together on an issue like this despite numerous lessons fron PBUH.

I think online streaming of any of FRCN stations on TuneIn radio will help you as I don't know where you are presently.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 27, 2014
yhermmie: But eid-il-fitri is supposed to be on monday not sunday. I don't this is true

Sowie, are u a muslim?
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Haywhymido(m): 5:33am On Jul 27, 2014
Kunlexic: I heard a programme on Radio Lagos this morning,they received call from Saudi Arabia and we learnt that they will observe their fitri tomorrow,equivalent to 28,Monday in Nigeria.
n when did prophet muhammad (saw) said use saudi arabia as ur watch guide. When did saudi arabia become d muslims leader in nigeria. I must av miss d coronation. Better 4 u is to follow d muslim leader of ur nation

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Roozzaay(m): 5:33am On Jul 27, 2014
Any authentic source that The Sultan made the announcement?
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by latogng: 5:34am On Jul 27, 2014
barackodam: Alhamdulilah.

BTW, those DT started on Sunday nko??.??.??

End your Fast!
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by HARDUBUY(m): 5:36am On Jul 27, 2014
tunde1200:

It doesn't really mater when you started another moon has been sighted. Month of Ramadan ends.
Yes, i grab u..i was only trying to let someone know the situation! you are right.
@kudsweet, stuffs like that are sometimes bound to occur, just ignore those false news and do the needful.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by mkoabiola: 5:43am On Jul 27, 2014
Misguided fellows will surely try to cause controversy.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by ehvez(m): 5:47am On Jul 27, 2014
Kunlexic: I heard a programme on Radio Lagos this morning,they received call from Saudi Arabia and we learnt that they will observe their fitri tomorrow,equivalent to 28,Monday in Nigeria.
we are in a different time zone
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by ehvez(m): 5:49am On Jul 27, 2014
Motolank: ALL NA WASH undecided

Them go finish go they kill people cool
May God forgive you don't forget christians where also caught as accomplices and last year BH attacked muslim that were celebrating eid il fitr so please don't be blinded by hate
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by yhermmie(f): 5:57am On Jul 27, 2014
Neyoor:

Sowie, are u a muslim?

yeah,i am. Y did u ask?
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by iduzebaba(m): 6:00am On Jul 27, 2014
Ya Allah; forgive us of our mistakes and give us d blessings of d ramadan; happy sallah; my fellow brodas and sisters
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by only1God: 6:09am On Jul 27, 2014
“… Any information on sighting the crescent (of Shawwal) should be conveyed to the National Moonsighting Committee so that the President-General of the NSCIA, His Eminence, the Sultan of Sokoto, may pronounce the end of fasting,” Mr. Oloyede had said.

“It is an indisputable fact that the old (Ramadan) moon will set just before sunset in Nigeria on Saturday, 26 th of July 2014. The new astronomic moon would be born few minutes before midnight of that Saturday.

“Consequently, the search for Shawwal moon is on Sunday 27th of July 2014. It can be sighted in Nigeria on SUNDAY with optical instruments or with some difficulties with naked eyes. Any claim of sighting a moon that is yet to be born is not only false, mistaken or impossible but also ridiculous.”

The sultan is said to have approved that statement.

PREMIUM TIMES also consulted popular moonlighting website, www.moonsighting.com, which compiles reports of moonsighting all over the world.

In a detailed report Sunday morning, the website said: “Moon is not possible to be seen anywhere in the world” on Saturday, July 26

“Moon is not expected to be seen in almost the whole world except with difficulty in South America, and with ease in Polynesian Islands, where there are not many Muslims reporting moonsighting. There is small possibility in South Africa but only experienced observers may see it.”

It added, “The Astronomical New Moon is on Saturday July 26, 2014 at 22:42 UT. There is no possibility of moonsighting on that day. On July 27, the moon can be seen with difficulty in South America, but can easily be seen in Polynesian Islands. However, there are not many Muslims reporting moonsighting. On July 28, the moon can easily be seen in almost the whole world, except Northern Asia and Europe.”

Also, a Nigerian and member of the Moonsighting Committee Worldwide [MCW], Kareem Isa, from the Kado estate mosque area of Abuja, was quoted as reporting not sighting the moon.

“It is Ramadan 29 today in Nigeria. It was partly clooudy, and I tried from 19:00 to 19:20 local time,” Mr. Isa was quoted as saying.

The same kind of confusion now trailing the end of Ramadan in the country also marked the commencement of the holy month in late June, with miscommunication within the NSCIA itself.

The Council later apologised for the situation and promised Muslims in the country that it would work hard to avoid a repeat.

“It is in this respect that the NSCIA wishes to remind all Muslims who know, and notify those who do not, that there is an established structure for moon-sighting in Nigeria,” Mr. Oloyede had said in a statement.

“Due to its significance and technicalities, the Council has a National Moonsighting Committee under the leadership of an expert. The Committee is equipped with necessary equipment and technological gadgets that are relevant to the discharge of its assignment.”

Sultan Sa’ad has now announced the end of Ramadan and the beginning of Shawwal without recourse to the committee

Source....premium news

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Askubur(m): 6:13am On Jul 27, 2014
Things to do on 1st Eid day
====================
1.Pay Zakat AlFitr before Eid
prayer
2.Have a Ghusal(Bath
according to sunnah) and put
some perfume (for Men).
3.Eat dates i.e dabino (odd)
before leaving for Eid prayer.
4.Change ways to the Eid
ground i.e going from one
rout and returning from
another.
5.Saying Takbeers (Allahu
akbar,Allahu akbar La ilaha
ilallah..)
6.Listen to Khutba After
prayers
7.And wishing Each other(the
best is what Sahabas used to
say('Taqaballahu minna wa
minka')

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by gbabs64(m): 6:25am On Jul 27, 2014
Professor Is-haq Oloyede, in his argument is right, He however missed the fact that in Islam, the day starts just before the morning prayer... i.e about 4:30AM in Lagos and not 12:00AM as in the Western Calendar. If he adds this to his argument, I am sure he will agree with the Sultan.
Anyway for me... Its Sallah!

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by gbabs64(m): 6:26am On Jul 27, 2014
only1God: “… Any information on sighting the crescent (of Shawwal) should be conveyed to the National Moonsighting Committee so that the President-General of the NSCIA, His Eminence, the Sultan of Sokoto, may pronounce the end of fasting,” Mr. Oloyede had said.

“It is an indisputable fact that the old (Ramadan) moon will set just before sunset in Nigeria on Saturday, 26 th of July 2014. The new astronomic moon would be born few minutes before midnight of that Saturday.

“Consequently, the search for Shawwal moon is on Sunday 27th of July 2014. It can be sighted in Nigeria on SUNDAY with optical instruments or with some difficulties with naked eyes. Any claim of sighting a moon that is yet to be born is not only false, mistaken or impossible but also ridiculous.”

The sultan is said to have approved that statement.

PREMIUM TIMES also consulted popular moonlighting website, www.moonsighting.com, which compiles reports of moonsighting all over the world.

In a detailed report Sunday morning, the website said: “Moon is not possible to be seen anywhere in the world” on Saturday, July 26

“Moon is not expected to be seen in almost the whole world except with difficulty in South America, and with ease in Polynesian Islands, where there are not many Muslims reporting moonsighting. There is small possibility in South Africa but only experienced observers may see it.”

It added, “The Astronomical New Moon is on Saturday July 26, 2014 at 22:42 UT. There is no possibility of moonsighting on that day. On July 27, the moon can be seen with difficulty in South America, but can easily be seen in Polynesian Islands. However, there are not many Muslims reporting moonsighting. On July 28, the moon can easily be seen in almost the whole world, except Northern Asia and Europe.”

Also, a Nigerian and member of the Moonsighting Committee Worldwide [MCW], Kareem Isa, from the Kado estate mosque area of Abuja, was quoted as reporting not sighting the moon.

“It is Ramadan 29 today in Nigeria. It was partly clooudy, and I tried from 19:00 to 19:20 local time,” Mr. Isa was quoted as saying.

The same kind of confusion now trailing the end of Ramadan in the country also marked the commencement of the holy month in late June, with miscommunication within the NSCIA itself.

The Council later apologised for the situation and promised Muslims in the country that it would work hard to avoid a repeat.

“It is in this respect that the NSCIA wishes to remind all Muslims who know, and notify those who do not, that there is an established structure for moon-sighting in Nigeria,” Mr. Oloyede had said in a statement.

“Due to its significance and technicalities, the Council has a National Moonsighting Committee under the leadership of an expert. The Committee is equipped with necessary equipment and technological gadgets that are relevant to the discharge of its assignment.”

Sultan Sa’ad has now announced the end of Ramadan and the beginning of Shawwal without recourse to the committee

Source....premium news

Professor Is-haq Oloyede, in his argument is right, He however missed the fact that in Islam, the day starts just before the morning prayer... i.e about 4:30AM in Lagos and not 12:00AM as in the Western Calendar. If he adds this to his argument, I am sure he will agree with the Sultan.
Anyway for me... Its Sallah!
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Harzan(m): 6:32am On Jul 27, 2014
Glad you are.... Asked dsame ? because of ur sallah day calculated post.
Some Islam ethics are jst not mathematical buh natural.
Happy Eid il-Fitr to you and all muslim uhmma.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by AlBaqir(m): 6:33am On Jul 27, 2014
espn: it baffles me when ppl fink lik dis..I dnt want to use d F words my dear bro..r u God..so u teln me science
is so perfect dat u r sure d moon will b sighted by 2:38 pm on 27/07/14..dats insanity!ppl lik u end up becoming extreminist nd waste innocenct soul due to ur naiveity and stupidity..u end up misleading multitudes of ppl..smh!

First, using your "F" word can never prove you to be rational until you submit your counter argument. So I just can't feel disturb with whatever word you dime fit to use. Its a free world.

Second, Islam has never been against sciences. In fact, greatest scientists of the world were Muslim deriving their proofs and findings in the Qur'an.

Third, as per issue at hand, moon sighting, Quran talks about it and Allah wake us up on how to study day and night, sun and moon with their movements etc in the calculation of months/year.

Lastly, scientist are not God but God gave them the wisdom to study the predetermined orderliness of this universe. Their results might not be always accurate but the + or - could be tolerable.

Thanks

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by ShehuAba(m): 6:34am On Jul 27, 2014
Eid Mubarak to my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters here. Though these controversies are tiring but am pretty sure the NSCIA will come out better and stronger.
But to me, oloyede didn't do the right thing, at least he should have told premium times to wait for him to confirm from the sultan. Now this is a big issue as most south west, I believe won't observe their Eid today.
But as a Muslim in Nigeria, you don't have to fast as it's contrary to the sunnah and sharia. As for those comparing us to some other countries example Saudi Arabia that doesn't hold water as Islam never taught us that.
wishing all a blissful celebration
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by sckulboy: 6:40am On Jul 27, 2014
For any/evry Muslim who av visted dis page n still fast tudey.God will ask U on d day of Judgement ooooooo
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by disloman(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2014
alotofgrace: are these nigerians?
grin
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by maclatunji: 6:50am On Jul 27, 2014
Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings
of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you see the new moon then fast,
and when you see the new moon then break the fast, and if it is
too cloudy then complete the number of days as thirty.”

This is the basis of starting and ending the fast. Read a detailed Fatwa here:
http://islamqa.info/en/106487

It is sinful to fast on the 1st day of Shawwal which is today: Tell them we say so because: The month of Shawwal begins with the Ramadan Eid, yet it is
forbidden to fast on the first day of Ramadan Eid, Muslims do not
fast on the first day of Eid in accordance with the following
hadith: “The Prophet forbade the fasting of 'Id-ul-Fitr and 'Id-ul-Adha (two
feast days)” (Sahih Bukhari)

http://m.askaquestionto.us/question-answer/blessed-days/when-should-we-start-fasting-six-days-of-the-month-of-shawwal

The prophet (SAW) rarely sighted new moons to start or end Ramadan but always approved them based on this:

Abu Hurayrah (radhi allahu anhu) narrated, �A bedouin came to the
Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and reported, 'O
Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), I have seen the new
moon of Ramadaan.' Thereupon, the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi
wasallam) asked him, 'Do you bear witness that 'Laa ilaha
illAllah.' (i.e., there is no god worthy of worship except Allah)?', 'I do,'
said the bedouin. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) further
asked him whether he testifies that Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi
wasallam) is the Messenger of Allah. The bedouin affirmed that again.
Thereupon, the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) asked Bilal (radhi
allahu anhu) to announce the beginning of Ramadaan.� [Sunan Abu
Dawood no. 2333 and 2334]

If the Prophet accepted another man's moonsighting, who then is any Sheikh to dispute the Sultan's announcement?

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 27, 2014
BetaThings:
and your INNOVATED nightly HOUSE fellowship do not disturb people?
intolerance!

Point of correction, son; Am a Pantheist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jinn Stories / Female Virginity In Islam / Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.