Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? (8017 Views)

Suffer No More As A Christian...these Are Secrets Of The Psalms!!!! / "Jonathan Will Suffer Massive Disgrace In 2015" - Prophet Marcus Korede Tibetan / 'Suffer Not A Witch To Live'; Can We Possibly Fulfill This Scripture Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by listica(m): 7:16am On Jul 27, 2014
Water don pass garri,please friendz alow Godcos he know mothern us and finaly don't mis-quote the holy bible
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by ndukwejoe(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2014
I have to consult the gods, but I need a keg of palm wine, a pregnant lizard, one white cock, native egg, 5 native kola, and 100 cowries.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by 1stola: 7:56am On Jul 27, 2014
bunmioguns: Blame it on GEJ
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 27, 2014
jayseehe:
God don turn to 9ja police wey dey detain anybody on site during a crime

grin grin Nairalanders no fit kill me.
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 27, 2014
Everything on earth suffers
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by frank317: 8:27am On Jul 27, 2014
Another reason to see that the bible is nothing but a story book.
Suffering is part of nature. Life is all about survival of the fittest and not any God cursing anything.
How can God curse only man, woman and snake in that story book calld bible and no one wants to ask why rat, dog, goat, chiken etc are affected.
Well one power I realize the bible has is its ability to make the brain stop functioning.
Its high time an edited version of this story book comes out. Its been more that two thousand years the first edition came out, we are still waiting for a current version.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by Odika1: 8:34am On Jul 27, 2014
Here is a list of animals murdered and consumed by me. 1-nchi or grasscutter 2-ewi,3-fowls(uncountable) 4 goats, 5-sheep,6-pigs,7-dogs,8-cats,9-pythons,10-hyenas.all these animals don really suffer for my hand.*sharpens knife*,that fowl will be the next on line to be murdered because i will use it to celebrate Eid-el-fitri.
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by AtheistD(m): 8:43am On Jul 27, 2014
Why isn't God making a conscious effort to preserve endangered species?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:02am On Jul 27, 2014
I don't suffer.
I live.
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 27, 2014
hrmkz: They are part of inhabitant of garden of eden when the crime was committed.
lol! So witness too are condemned for a crime?
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by sylve11: 9:14am On Jul 27, 2014
God! See response from our leaders of tomorrow! sad sad sad cool
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by dasparrow: 9:38am On Jul 27, 2014
jayseehe: according to the bible, only human beings and serpents were cursed, so why do other animals suffer too?
what did they do wrong?

Animals suffer too because when God created man, he gave man dominion over all the animals, both those on the land and in the sea. So, when Adam and Eve disobeyed God and had to bear the consequences of their actions, the animals whom they have dominion over sadly had to bear some of the consequences too because sin entered into the world and the human race became wicked.

Animals are suffering because most often that not, human beings cause their suffering directly or indirectly. Greedy oil companies contaminate the ocean water during oil drilling thereby polluting the natural habitat of sea mammals and causing them untold suffering and eventually death. What of those that engage in elephant poaching in some African countries because they want the trunk of the elephant? They kill the elephants just for their trunks because they are worth a lot of money. There are so many examples of how human beings cause untold suffering to animals. My only consolation is, when Christ Jesus begins to rule this world, all the old things shall pass away. Humans and animals will live lives devoid of suffering, sickness or death. Oh how wonderful this will be!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2014
Some ppl still believe these bible tinz in 2014? Na wa oo
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by ceeceeco: 11:11am On Jul 27, 2014
Other animals suffer? I doubt. Dnt 4get dat they dnt work 4 food on like we humans that must work 2 survive. They always knw where, how, & wen 2 get there food. Nothing bothers dem, so hw do they suffer? God neva created dem 2 suffer, maybe we humans are the ones making 2 suffer.
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by ceeceeco: 11:11am On Jul 27, 2014
Other animals suffer? I doubt. Dnt 4get dat they dnt work 4 their food on like we humans that must work 2 survive. They always knw where, how, & wen 2 get their food. Nothing bothers dem, even if dem no work dem go chop, so hw do they suffer? God neva created dem 2 suffer, maybe we humans are the people making dem 2 suffer.
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by TamzyTamudo: 11:16am On Jul 27, 2014
Kunlexic: Scientifically,animals and plants also suffer.All living tins will struggle for survival and existence of life and they must have the ability to adapt if they are to survive.
please are u trying to say they were caused and banished from the garden of eden too when Adam and Eve failed?
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by Image123(m): 11:38am On Jul 27, 2014
jayseehe: according to the bible, only human beings and serpents were cursed, so why do other animals suffer too?
what did they do wrong?

According to the bible when and where?
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by AtheistD(m): 11:53am On Jul 27, 2014
No one answered my question sadsadsadsadsad

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by dstnd: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
jayseehe:
I'm not cursed, I don't believe in Christianity tongue

if you believe in it, you have to believe u are cursed...
in pains shall the ladies deliver
men will work hard to feed
bro read 1corintians 16 vs 22
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by Darteyyyy(m): 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
He was like.... 'Ehn ehn.... So all of una dey look am as e go chop the fruit ba?.... Una no fit stop am abi? All of una must chop from the punishment then'

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by MayorNaija(m): 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
I guess the point he's trying to make is that God said to woman that she ll ve to suffer the pain of labour before giving birth and to man he ll ve to suffer to survive/before he can eat,so what he's saying in essence is why do other animals have to suffer the faith like labour pain and hustle before they eat.
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by uken73(m): 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
what did they do wrong?
After cursing the woman (in terms of child birth labour), it was the ground that was cursed for "Man's" sake. That would definitely affect everything. All animals live off the ground. They move and feed from the ground (directly or indirectly), so basically, by cursing the ground, everything was cursed. Gen 3:17-19
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by AtheistD(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
uken73:
After cursing the woman (in terms of child birth labour), it was the ground that was cursed for "Man's" sake. That would definitely affect everything. All animals live off the ground. They move and feed from the ground (directly or indirectly), so basically, by cursing the ground, everything was cursed. Gen 3:17-19

What about aquatic life?
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by akpos4uall(m): 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
jayseehe:
I'm not cursed, I don't believe in Christianity tongue

if you believe in it, you have to believe u are cursed...
in pains shall the ladies deliver
men will work hard to feed

Thank you very much for this your answer/question. Let me put your question in a clearer way. I'll prefer to use the word "work" in place of suffer.

According to the bible it is because of sin that man have to work for his belly but don't other creatures pass through similar experience? Don't the females of some creatures carry their baby for even longer period than human before giving birth to them? As for the serpent, is it because it doesn't have legs like most other crawling creatures hence it was pointed out as the culprit? What crime did the others commit to experience similar condition with man, woman & the serpent to survive?

My conclusion; men like pointing fingers at others as the cause of everything
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by uken73(m): 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
AtheistD:

What about aquatic life?

An atheist? angry
quoting me! lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by akpos4uall(m): 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
ceeceeco: Other animals suffer? I doubt. Dnt 4get dat they dnt work 4 their food on like we humans that must work 2 survive. They always knw where, how, & wen 2 get their food. Nothing bothers dem, even if dem no work dem go chop, so hw do they suffer? God neva created dem 2 suffer, maybe we humans are the people making dem 2 suffer.

Sweet lies. Some migrate for weeks/months all for food by land, water, air even ice just to survive. How is that different from what you & I do to survive.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by Weah96: 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fatdon: We suffer because it was our (well,
the first humans') choice to choose
himself over God (original sin and all
that..).
sick?

So why do humans suffer again?
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by AtheistD(m): 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
uken73:

An atheist? angry
quoting me! lipsrsealed

Yes. tongue

So what about aquatic life?
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by uken73(m): 2:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
AtheistD:

Yes. tongue

So what about aquatic life?

Responding to an atheist! No use. Waste of time. We can't ever understand each other.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by trano(m): 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
I think they're not cursed cuz dey live freely, and besides they ain't gona face judgement just like we human beings.
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by AtheistD(m): 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
uken73:

Responding to an atheist! No use. Waste of time. We can't ever understand each other.
grin

An unintelligent post. You don't know the answer... admit it wink
Re: Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too? by uken73(m): 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
AtheistD:

An unintelligent post. You don't know the answer... admit it wink

Atheist always believe they are the most intelligent, but they can't understand the bible. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Fed UP!! I Want To Start A Church! Who Is With Me? / Pope Francis Bows Down And Prays Towards Mecca / Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.