Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! (41713 Views)

Lady Wore Bum-Short To Ecobank In Abeokuta (Photos) / Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Ilorin,lets Meet!! / Angel Investors And Aspiring Entrepreneurs Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
A single tree cannot make forest ~ Yoruba SW,Nigeria. 
I have been thinking about this idea for some time and I feel it's high time I started the call. A lot of entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs everywhere are meeting up and sharing great ideas and concept to support their business, living standard and betterment of the society. 

Networking is one of the key factors that contributes to success stories of SMEs, but it has been overlooked. Thanks to trade associations, chambers of commerce and some professional bodies that are still connecting businesses and professionals together.  In the recent times, young entrepreneurs and co-founders, especially the Techies are working, brainstorming, sharing ideas and gadgets together in a single space in their community ( co-working space or hub ). 

This is happening in major cities across the world, including Nigeria major cities like: Lagos, PH and Abuja; and it is really working out well for these guys. They are coming out with solutions to societal problems from logistics to food, from travel to retail, from photography to health. It also comes with its own result: financial reward, self-fulfillment and recognition.

Though they pay their prices by denying themselves of some privileges while cooking ideas up, yet they achieved their goals and they are not resting on their laurels. They are still calling for more collaboration and networking through different start-up events, Labs, boot camps etc. 

THE CALL
I am calling on young entrepreneurs and aspiring founders in all areas: Tech, Agrobiz, Project mgt. Art, Media/Entertainment, Business savvies in Abeokuta (Ogun State) and it's environ to come together. Let's network to share ideas and support ourselves. 

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all. Bundle of ideas and concept are sitting as novels on our bookshelves /PCs only because we are not connecting with like-minds to share our dreams with. Someone somewhere might be feeling the way we feel and might be thinking the way we do. Let's meet.

WHERE DO WE GET STARTED?
Let us start by identifying ourselves here on Nairaland. We can start by simply sharing insight about our business(if you've started any)/area of business(es), role, other areas interested passion and hobby. 

Also, let us know if you are permanently based in the city, you shuttle around cities or you are planning to move to the city. 

... Then I'll start from myself:

Simply, I'm an Entrepreneur smiley 
Founder at mybroadstreet.com (infact I dey find guest writer sef)
I shuttle between Abeokuta & Lagos but more attached to Abeokuta.  

*I started with Plumbing&Fitting + retail of sanitary/building materials. (Still doing this)

*I tried fashion: leather slippers with my own label (though not functioning anymore,but I'll invest on it later) 

*Technology gadget retail (I still do this, infact I met my supplier online)

Let me not bore you with the list,because it's long smiley 

My area of business interest in the recent time is :

*AgroBusiness ( basic gardening knowledge taught in Pry.school )

*Printing ( ability to operate any technology machine with manuals)

*Interior design ( intermediate skill) .... Amongst other interest. 

*Food bank ( NON PROFIT )

Though, I am always doing research and ready to have formal knowledge in all these areas of interest. 
I've passion for art, sport and writing, which brought about my website, mybroadstreet.com where I share entrepreneurial and leadership experience. 

We can do it all together. Let's start!

**EDITED POST**

Notice Of Meeting!

This is to notify our members of our group's upcoming meet detailed below:

Hiya! get informed and involved, we are meeting again in Abeokuta.
Date: Sunday, 25th January, 2014
Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Top on our agenda:
*PROJECT: (FreeBiz Name) Free business name registration.
*Sharing information on seed funding and grants from YouWin BPC(Fed.govt of Nigeria), TEEP by Tony Elumelu Foundation + other grants available.
*NETWORKING: Chatting and contact exchange;including social media contacts.
*Q & A & DISCUSSION

It's free to be a part of us! Ask your questions or drop a comment for us here.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by jamalee: 11:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Thanks bros, I really appreciate your courage. Young Entrepreneurs like us have been sharing ideas, thoughts, etc in major Cities like Abuja, Lagos, Calabar, Port-Harcourt, etc but Abeokuta was exempted. This idea you brought online have been burning in my heart for a while now, and I'm very happy to come across this thread today. I'm Babatunde Ibrahim from Abeokuta(a typical Egba man). I stayed in Ifo now, though. I'm planning to start a business in Abeokuta by August but I'm short of fund. The business is in the food industry and it is a serviced-based business. Bros, how can you help me with my short of fund? Any help will be fully appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by TRADELYN: 4:09am On Jul 28, 2014
Business is not what you read on papers...
well, we could have you as one of our distributors for a fast moving product needed daily by ladies/women. Profit margin is 50% and the product is from London. A free sample would be given to you for assessment. We will bear all the risks and provide you the necessary advice to succeed. If interested, we need to first assess your ability/commitment...see our profile for our contact details.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 10:02am On Jul 28, 2014
jamalee: Thanks bros, I really appreciate your courage. Young Entrepreneurs like us have been sharing ideas, thoughts, etc in major Cities like Abuja, Lagos, Calabar, Port-Harcourt, etc but Abeokuta was exempted. This idea you brought online have been burning in my heart for a while now, and I'm very happy to come across this thread today. I'm Babatunde Ibrahim from Abeokuta(a typical Egba man). I stayed in Ifo now, though. I'm planning to start a business in Abeokuta by August but I'm short of fund. The business is in the food industry and it is a serviced-based business. Bros, how can you help me with my short of fund? Any help will be fully appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks for showing up Babatunde. I'm impressed you are looking forward to starting a new business in Abeokuta. If you believe you can do it,you are half way there.
Unfortunately, I cannot help you in raising fund to start your business, we can only share tips on how to source and raise fund. In my opinion, raising fund comes near the last thing to do in the process of launching a start-up. Making this call is part of the important process. Who knows, you may meet someone who is ready to invest in your idea,then your financial commitment will be minimal. You may be informed of links to organizations that give grant or loans. You may even meet your co-founder or employee there.
So much to get from network and social events than you think.
So,Babatunde let us call others and meet, nobody knows how angel investors operate. wink you never can tell.

1 Like

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
Who else on nairaland? Abi na only 2 of us waka come?

1 Like

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by Bank450(m): 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello everyone. Am tunde, although I don't stay in abeaokuta or near it.

Am a student in ondo state, and based in akure. I love the idea of newacca, am also an entrepreneur, I try to look for problems everywhere and find better solutions to them, I think I will associate myself with you guys for now, and we achieve something together.

I suggest me meet and brainstorm online, maybe whatsapp or any other medium, or is the op planing physical group meetings?

1 Like

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by Bank450(m): 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello everyone. Am tunde, although I don't stay in abeaokuta or near it.

Am a student in ondo state, and based in akure. I love the idea of newacca, am also an entrepreneur, I try to look for problems everywhere and find better solutions to them, I think I will associate myself with you guys for now, and we achieve something together.

I suggest me meet and brainstorm online, maybe whatsapp or any other medium, or is the op planing physical group meetings?
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 6:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
Welcome on board Bank450
The movement is open to any entrepreneur who has tall dreams. You impress by being a student and preparing for the real world of business before you leave school.

It's not compulsory for us to meet physcially (though we may eventually meet offline, incase of any social event)
Meanwhile, let us invite more people here and start from here. I believe something good with come out of the initiative.
Once again,welcome to the world of possibilities.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by Bank450(m): 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
yes, no problem I will connect like minded friends. And I know together we will make a difference.

There is a saying that if 1 can achieve 1000, 2 will achieve 10,000

Synergy is the way up. Let's invite like minded people who see's problem, and have solutions to them, and people who are hungry for success.

Something greater will come out of this am sure
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
Bank450:
yes, no problem I will connect like minded friends. And I know together we will make a difference.

There is a saying that if 1 can achieve 1000, 2 will achieve 10,000

Synergy is the way up. Let's invite like minded people who see's problem, and have solutions to them, and people who are hungry for success.

Something greater will come out of this am sure

which area of business do you have interest in? which one do you lay our hands on at the moment? Which business project do you have at hand at the moment? ( If you care to share )
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by jamalee: 11:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
Thanks newacca. There are series of businesses one can venture into. Nigeria is blessed with a lot of business opportunities and business industry/sectors. The industry include; food, media, real estate, technology, transportation, education, sport, oil and gas, importation/exportation, tourism, health/medical, clothing, etc. Anyone that has one, two, or more business ideas in any of industries mentioned above should share it with us on this thread; the tips, information about the business mentioned, etc. We're waiting to see new business ideas here from kind people.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by biggboy(m): 12:07am On Jul 29, 2014
newacca: Who else on nairaland? Abi na only 2 of us waka come?
No be two of una waka come ooo. Presently am in my final year at MAPOLY Abeokuta. After school I hope to be an entrepreneur/CEO.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by Bank450(m): 1:30am On Jul 29, 2014
I know Online Marketing a lot, am tech/IT savvy so I follow new trends online. I build sites that earn.

Also I know mini importation learn that on NL, and making tremendous progress

So recently have been looking at problems in the importation niche, and how I can solve them. Have actually came up with two main problems, and the solution to them.

Tho I wouldn't like to share on here because anybody might just drop by and take my million dollar idea. But if that's the reason for creating this thread, then I will post it if required.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by Bank450(m): 1:34am On Jul 29, 2014
And also, its not having the business idea that really matters, am sure everybody here will have 1 or 2 good idea.

But the main problem, which I think should be our objective is actually working on the idea, and making it a reality, by following through and creating a business plan

Then executing it. And making money from it.

So the main issue is making our ideas a reality. It aint easy tho.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 5:41am On Jul 29, 2014
biggboy: No be two of una waka come ooo. Presently am in my final year at MAPOLY Abeokuta. After school I hope to be an entrepreneur/CEO.
Welcome on board bigboy smiley Your moniker says it all. I'm glad you dream to become a CEO. It's good to dream and believe in your dreams, but it's better to come out of your dreams and become a doer. You've chosen a right step, that is why you are here, to connect.

So, which area of business do you have interest in? Which business project do you have doing or which are already engaged in? Do wanna share anything interesting about your dream to conquer the world? Pls. Let's hear from you sir.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 6:17am On Jul 29, 2014
Bank450:
And also, its not having the business idea that really matters, am sure everybody here will have 1 or 2 good idea.

But the main problem, which I think should be our objective is actually working on the idea, and making it a reality, by following through and creating a business plan

Then executing it. And making money from it.

So the main issue is making our ideas a reality. It aint easy tho.
Wow! I'm impressed by your enthusiastic business spirit. Well, it's good to have great ideas and you may not necessarily share it openly ( though in my own opinion, invention is rare and no idea is new, there are just old ideas done in a better and sophisticated methods)

I am glad you have detected a problem and found solution(s) to the problem, now our responsibility as fire-lighters is to support your dream by believing in you and giving you a hand where necessary. First thing I always tell my followers on my blog and those who consult me offline for entrepreneurial advice and tip is to move around with notebook and pen or better still smartphones, they ask me why?

I tell people, ideas are like bird;they have wings and they may fly away with a flash. If you don't get those great ideas saved, they may not see the light of the day. My first tip for you is to get your ideas written down. If you have already done this,then good for you.

Another tip: before writing your detailed business plan, make a simple model of how you will execute your idea and tag in somewhere you will see it everyday i.e on a wall in ur room, wardrobe,kitchen,bathroom or study room etc.

Definitely you need to come up with a business plan. Don't fret, we are here to support each other. Myself and other members of this thread and other NL biz thread will help you with guideline on how to make your business plan. You can briefly share your concept by holding key areas that proffer the solution, then let's know the blocking stones that is hindering the launch of your idea. Then we move from there.

1 Like

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by biggboy(m): 9:38am On Jul 29, 2014
newacca:
Welcome on board bigboy smiley Your moniker says it all. I'm glad you dream to become a CEO. It's good to dream and believe in your dreams, but it's better to come out of your dreams and become a doer. You've chosen a right step, that is why you are here, to connect.

So, which area of business do you have interest in? Which business project do you have doing or which are already engaged in? Do wanna share anything interesting about your dream to conquer the world? Pls. Let's hear from you sir.
Sure! I call it infopreneur and technopreneur. The infopreneur means that I sell information for the press and blog owners while the technopreneur means that I import technology items and resell. Last month I bought 3pcs of excellent tablet online for 15,000 and resold, them for 20,000 each. The profit really helped me with my project materials that am still gathring . By the way am an accountancy student.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by genralph(m): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nice thread. I'm someone who has passion for new technology generally, I deal mostly with software problems on laptops, iPhones, iPads, itouch, blackberry. I am open to any business idea in area of agriculture and computerized devices.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
biggboy: Sure! I call it infopreneur and technopreneur. The infopreneur means that I sell information for the press and blog owners while the technopreneur means that I import technology items and resell. Last month I bought 3pcs of excellent tablet online for 15,000 and resold, them for 20,000 each. The profit really helped me with my project materials that am still gathring . By the way am an accountancy student.

Now you see the reason why I am calling everyone around to come together and support each other through network and connection.
You sell information to press and blog owners, while I am a blogger. You also import technology gadgets, while I am also in the area. Imagine, we are in the same industry.

I see this thread going to places. So, let us call for more followers.

genralph: Nice thread. I'm someone who has passion for new technology generally, I deal mostly with software problems on laptops, iPhones, iPads, itouch, blackberry. I am open to any business idea in area of agriculture and computerized devices.

@genralph,
welcome! Thank you for sharing with us your skills, passion and interested area of business. We are pleased to have you in our circle.
Could you please share your location? are you willing to meet experienced entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs to network? Are you ready to meet up for entrepreneurial social event?

It's going to be inspiring, motivating, supporting and interesting here. Stay connect!

The roll call:
1. newacca
2. Jamalee
3. Bank450
4. Biggboy
5. genralph
6. Yewaman

I want this list to make up a considerable number, before we deliberate on how we meet both online and physically.
I wish everyone a profitable enterprising week ahead. smiley
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by biggboy(m): 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
Wow! Too bad I have stopped the "infopreneur" because it wasn't yielding much to me. Am putting more attention to "technopreneur". Still conducting a market survey to know the type of gadget that will sell faster in my hood. Thanks for creating this thread!
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
biggboy: Wow! Too bad I have stopped the "infopreneur" because it wasn't yielding much to me. Am putting more attention to "technopreneur". Still conducting a market survey to know the type of gadget that will sell faster in my hood. Thanks for creating this thread!
Bro, no P. Do your findings to know what moves in your area. Keep calm & be a successful entrepreneur.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by Bank450(m): 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
Yep, have educated myself on this topic, and what you said is damn right, I do practise it, my memo is almost full due to that, I pay attention to almost everything.

Am sure this group is going places. With more like minded people joining, am sure we changing things
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 7:09am On Jul 30, 2014
Bank450:
Yep, have educated myself on this topic, and what you said is damn right, I do practise it, my memo is almost full due to that, I pay attention to almost everything.

Am sure this group is going places. With more like minded people joining, am sure we changing things
Good to hear you are doing the needful. So, how soon are you coming up with your biz plan? Don't hesitate to share any challenge you have coming up with the plan here.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by buemene(m): 9:24am On Jul 30, 2014
Hello Newacca,

I am not from Abeokuta, I am a Port Harcourt resident but I must commend this initiative because meetups is what sustains and energizes entrepreneurs.

Here in Port Harcourt, Meetups such as TEDx, Converge, Open City, Creative Invasion, and many others are gatherings of entrepreneurs in the city that refuels our passion for perseverance in this leap of faith world of entrepreneurship. Lately though, the gatherings have become less frequent and so the city is loosing its steam gradually. And that is one area am working on a solution not just for Port Harcourt but for the whole country if not continent of Africa.

My advice though is that you have such meetings in a physical location. such meetings has its best potentials when you meet OFFLINE. The online forum can be an extension or follow-up of the meeting offline.

By the way, I read your blog post which you recommended on my post yesterday https://www.nairaland.com/1834725/what-best-way-validate-idea and it is very informative. Thanks for that.

I wish you all in Abeokuta the very best. Happy Entrepreneuring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 9:51am On Jul 30, 2014
@buemene
Thanks for giving us a back to follow the step of cities that have started entrepreneurship meetups. I also want to thank you for appreciating my blog post, I am glad you find it resourceful.

Sure, we shall follow your advice. We are definitely going to meet offline. I just want the list to make up of more members before we deliberate on where and when to me.

Having said that, we can't wait to welcome your initiative of connecting Africa through entrepreneurship hub, particularly my humble self; being a Pan-Africanist. smiley

1 Like

Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by yewaman: 11:29am On Jul 30, 2014
Very interesting read,
Am new to this tread, but not new to Nairaland, Am based in Abeokuta,
run a small business, name of my business is Ralph Visions,
we are into customer support service, printing and customizing,
I have sold cement, (interested in construction),I tried my hands on production of liquid wash awhile back,
stopped because I was not satisfied with quality of production, have plans to start a food business (buka) soon.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by genralph(m): 11:33am On Jul 30, 2014
@newacca. I stay in Asero , but i shuffle between lagos and abeokuta because i don't have any contact in abeokuta. Which is giving me a serious problem considering d fact that abeokuta pple hardly responds on online forums.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
yewaman: Very interesting read,
Am new to this tread, but not new to Nairaland, Am based in Abeokuta,
run a small business, name of my business is Ralph Visions,
we are into customer support service, printing and customizing,
I have sold cement, (interested in construction), have plans to start a food business (buka) soon.

@Yewaman
welcome to our midst. smiley
This thread is also new, and we are calling great people like you to join us in waking sleeping giants in our communities; to connect them and make them better entrepreneurs.

We are here to support you to become one of the business leaders and successful entrepreneurs in Africa and beyond!

Could you please share with us where your business is located? are you ready to start more challenging businesses? are you ready to meet other entrepreneurs like you, who have tall dreams like you? Do you want to stop the dream and live the reality? Then you must be prepared to meet other members of this group.

My opinion is to make the list up to 10 members before be talk on meeting up, but it's a free world, you guys and other members are free to suggest how many more members should we expect before we get it rolling.

genralph: @newacca. I stay in Asero , but i shuffle between lagos and abeokuta because i don't have any contact in abeokuta. Which is giving me a serious problem considering d fact that abeokuta pple hardly responds on online forums.

@genralph
Now you have a lot of contact in Abeokuta, myself and other great entrepreneurs here. smiley
chai!! grin you are challenging my people, and you are right though. But the story is changing soon. It's the responsibility of you and I. smiley

I operate all around the city of Abeokuta, and Asero is still within proximity.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by yewaman: 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
Glad to be here, no man is an island, and like they say, one tree does nt make a forest,
willing to meet as many of guys has possible, located at NEPA Rd,
the shopping complex opposite the Ransome Kuti family house.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
yewaman: Glad to be here, no man is an island, and like they say, one tree does nt make a forest,
willing to meet as many of guys has possible, located at NEPA Rd,
the shopping complex opposite the Ransome Kuti family house.
You have been added to the list, while we await other potential members of the group.
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by ntyce(m): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
. . k
Re: Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! by newacca: 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
ntyce: Good to read such, the name is Ola - a budding entrepreneur.
Partially based in Abeokuta, am an agriculturist specialized in poultry farming.
Welcome on board Ola. So excited you are here. I've been looking forward to meeting smart Agriculturist to learn from. This thread is already working for us.
I'll edit the list soon and include your name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Want To Stop Being Dependent On Monthly Salary? This Is A Must See / Jeff Bezos And Lauren Sanchez Are Engaged / Facts About Dud Cheque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.