Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

How To Cope When Living With Someone Going Through Menopause - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Cope When Living With Someone Going Through Menopause (2371 Views)

How Did You Cope When You Had A Failed Relationship? / My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. / What Was Going Through Your Mind While Walking down the Aisle. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cope When Living With Someone Going Through Menopause by J0nyb0y(m): 9:33am On Jul 28, 2014
DEFINITION

Menopause is defined as the final
period of a woman. It could occur at 40, 50 or 60. There is no set age.
It's up to your body to decide when
it's time to have your last period. For many woman they could decide on HRT treatment to help them through it or even try using alternative herbal treatments.
YOU COULD HAVE THE MENOPAUSE IF YOU HAVE THE COMMON SYMPTOMS SUCH AS
Mood Swings, Hot Flashes, Night
Sweats or Weight Gain. But getting a diagnosis from a doctor
is probably a good idea, these are
just some common symptoms
But this post is not about the
menopause, it's about coping with a
person who is going through the
menopause. The woman herself might
be having the symptoms, but chances
are she is going to take her frustration out on her husband and
kids.
The behaviour of a mother going through the menopause will be as follow.
1. She will yell at you for no reason
other than she is having a bad
day.

2. She will get annoyed at you if
you talk back to defend
yourself.

3. She will ignore you for no
reason.

4. She will argue with you for not
doing something straight away.

5. She will then deny a hour later
that she was behaving like this.

6. She will also a year later deny
that she behaved like this.
HOW TO COPE WITH THE SYMPTOMS FROM THE FAMILY POINT OF VIEW
For anyone living with someone going
through the menopause you need to
follow a few quick tips.
1. Keep fuel in the car tank.

2. Ignore, Ignore, Ignore. I can't
explain how important this is. Do
not every try to reason with
them as it will only cause more
aggro. Back up and walk out of
the room if at all possible.

3. Try to visit only on weekends as
it reduces the amount of time
you need to be in the house.

4. See if you can get them to try
some form of treatment to help
out with the symptoms.

5. Remember the goods times when
your mother/wife was normal.
One day they will be turn back
into the person you remembered.

6. Stay positive. There is light on
the horizon,they will get through
it and return to normal someday.

7. Show them love and care

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -

This post is not intended to offend
anyone going through the menopause,
I know for some people it can be a
difficult time in their lives. What I am
trying to get across is that sometimes
there can be side effects which the family have to live with.
Re: How To Cope When Living With Someone Going Through Menopause by J0nyb0y(m): 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
mods fp
Re: How To Cope When Living With Someone Going Through Menopause by hydeka: 5:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
There was a similar thread before now but it was lost due to the hack. Good to have a second version.
Good work @op. I have witnessed it firsthand. She is coming to the end of it though because the episodes are less frequent now.
Re: How To Cope When Living With Someone Going Through Menopause by J0nyb0y(m): 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
hydeka: There was a similar thread before now but it was lost due to the hack. Good to have a second version.
Good work @op. I have witnessed it firsthand. She is coming to the end of it though.
yea, thats y i created something similar.

At times we get furstrated, but we just have to get used to it. Its not for a lifetime
Re: How To Cope When Living With Someone Going Through Menopause by hydeka: 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
J0nyb0y:

At times we get furstrated, but we just have to get used to it. Its not for a lifetime
yeah, she's your mother after all. Considering all the years of sacrifice to make you have a good life, one should be able to support them through that period because they are not finding it easy either.
Re: How To Cope When Living With Someone Going Through Menopause by J0nyb0y(m): 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
hydeka: yeah, she's your mother after all. Considering all the years of sacrifice to make you have a good life, one should be able to support them through that period because they are not finding it easy either.
exactly..
Re: How To Cope When Living With Someone Going Through Menopause by J0nyb0y(m): 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
hydeka: There was a similar thread before now but it was lost due to the hack. Good to have a second version.
Good work @op. I have witnessed it firsthand. She is coming to the end of it though.

Re: How To Cope When Living With Someone Going Through Menopause by Onozboy(m): 2:27pm On May 26, 2015
Nice one...Pls can someone tell GEJ to vacate office before may 28

(1) (Reply)

24 Facts You Never Knew About Divorce / [PHOTO] Difference Between Mums And Dads / Cute Before & Now Family Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.