Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:06 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1336940 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 6:14am On Aug 11, 2016
wonderful book by Professor Julie Posselt "Inside Graduate Admissions".....a most read for international students

this book came out this year....you can download her PhD Thesis Work (2013) which is free online.....what she wrote in the New Book came from that study

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by harthy007: 7:10am On Aug 11, 2016
smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 7:15am On Aug 11, 2016
Handsome08:
Nice one.will a certificate be issued for taking GRE?If yes,how long does it take to expire before one can use it to apply for admission outside d country?

Its valid for five years!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cutemorgan(m): 7:16am On Aug 11, 2016
Handsome08:
Nice one.will a certificate be issued for taking GRE?If yes,how long does it take to expire before one can use it to apply for admission outside d country?
There's actually no certificate given but you will have access to your GRE score report (from the GRE website). The GRE score is valid for 5 years.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 8:18am On Aug 11, 2016
Please I strongly advise anyone also preparing for awa, don't neglect Manhattan book on essay and awa.... They give you everything you need to know, most especially the argument aspect... You'll blaze through...

5 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by peter1994(m): 8:48am On Aug 11, 2016
DanjaNinja:

put up your facebook email not your name.

Good Morning sir.

Please I would love to join the facebook group as well.

FB Email: peteredimeh@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glowrie22: 11:21am On Aug 11, 2016
kaima2015:

except you download it using utorrent...it is a heavy file (1.4G).....you have to install a software called Bitlord on your PC etc

The Other Book is not available free....if you need a copy...drop your email

glory.okpiaifo@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glowrie22: 11:23am On Aug 11, 2016
Please does any other person have the magoosh videos ?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 11:42am On Aug 11, 2016
Glowrie22:

glory.okpiaifo@gmail.com. Thanks

sent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
Glowrie22:
Please does any other person have the magoosh videos ?

Read back the last 10pages I think there was someone who shared a link for the magoosh premium videos.
When you click on that link, it will direct you to google drive or so, log in with your gmail account, and request access, wait for somedays your access will be granted but you will have to download it.
I hope it work for you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fysapop(f): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
Pls add me to the facebook page ... fysapop@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glowrie22: 1:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
pennstate:

Hey have you gotten the GRE material if no, let me know so I can put the following in the mail for you:
ETS QUANT
ETS VEBAL
ETS Official Guide 2nd Edition
(May be) Manhattan GRE Set of 8 Strategy Guide
5LB Manhattan

Can you please send to me too? Except for the official guide and 5LB Manhattan. glory.okpiaifo@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glowrie22: 1:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
pennstate:

Read back the last 10pages I think there was someone who shared a link for the magoosh premium videos.
When you click on that link, it will direct you to google drive or so, log in with your gmail account, and request access, wait for somedays your access will be granted but you will have to download it.
I hope it work for you.

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 2:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
Glowrie22:

Can you please send to me too? Except for the official guide and 5LB Manhattan. glory.okpiaifo@gmail.com
I do not understand your message!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
I have been working towards writing both the GRE and TOEFL by the end of September...

My head wan catch fire!

I have almost all the materials needed for the GRE in port harcourt.

The package includes soft copies of the following: Barron, Princeton Review, ETS Official guide, Manhattan 8booklets and the heavy Premium Magoosh videos.

Nothing yet on the TOEFL, might start gathering stuffs from tonight. We will definitely survive.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
I also have the PowerPrep software.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topiipii(m): 4:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
Question1:
Hello everyone.
Quick one please. I want to register for GRE and discovered that Mack IV Consult

They still register for #55,000, please is it genuine and I hope its not a scam?
Check this site, I registered with them two weeks ago (45k TOEFL, 50k GRE).

http://www.gregmattoeflnigeria.com/gretestdatesinnigeria/
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 4:12pm On Aug 11, 2016
iCool:
I have been working towards writing both the GRE and TOEFL by the end of September...

My head wan catch fire!

The package includes soft copies of the following: Barron, Princeton Review, ETS Official guide, Manhattan 8booklets and the heavy Premium Magoosh videos.

Nothing yet on the TOEFL, might start gathering stuffs from tonight. We will definitely survive.

Are you going for MSc or PhD?...For PhD most schools can waive TOEFL for you......even the most stringent can ask for an English Certificate of which WAEC will do
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
kaima2015:

Are you going for MSc or PhD?...For PhD most schools can waive TOEFL for you......even the most stringent can ask for an English Certificate of which WAEC will do

It is for MSc, I have read severally that one might be asked for it at the embassy during visa interview.

I do not want to go there a second time.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
iCool:

It is for MSc, I have read severally that one might be asked for it at the embassy during visa interview.

I do not want to go there a second time.

Ok
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
DanjaNinja:

Done.

Pls add me too - uty_teddy@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ipledge01: 1:54am On Aug 12, 2016
pennstate:

Hey have you gotten the GRE material if no, let me know so I can put the following in the mail for you:
ETS QUANT
ETS VEBAL
ETS Official Guide 2nd Edition
(May be) Manhattan GRE Set of 8 Strategy Guide
5LB Manhattan

thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by medwhite0: 6:46am On Aug 12, 2016
wink
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by whemmytopsy(m): 8:58am On Aug 12, 2016
thanks @op, dats a fantastic write up... please what advice do you have for me, am terrible when it comes to typing cos I can't use my left hand (asn not efficient) most times I use my right hand...and have tried severally but it seems d same... but I heard dat GRE also offers paper based test.. how true is dat and do you think I can go about it..... thanks very much... I will appreciate ur timely response...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fysapop(f): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2016
drhopeful:

Pls add me too - uty_teddy@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Please add me fysapop@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 10:39am On Aug 12, 2016
So I also wrote the GRE and would love to share my experience. First of all, I am very disappointed with my scores. Infact, I have been very depressed since I got my official scores. Granted I am not very good in Verbal/Writing but I believe I can still get decent scores.

I wrote GRE on August 4 in Port Harcourt. I had to travel from Akwa Ibom to Rivers that morning. Left my house at about 5.30am so I could beat all the PH traffic. Got to the venue about 1.5hrs early. Check in started at about 9am and took almost 2 hours.

I finally got to my seat and immediately exam nerves kicked in. Staggered and managed to get on with the issue essay. Wrote for about 20+ mins before I realized I had misread the topic. No time to remedy. I believe I would have scored a 3 here. For the argument, I barely had time to collect my thoughts. I basically ended up asking questions without answers that would weaken or strengthen the argument. Big poo.... I believe I would have scored a 4 here. Finally AW result....3.5 vs 4.5 I was targeting.

I got 3 wicked verbal sections. So tough that I could not tell which was experimental section. Even the TCs and SEs were so convoluted talkless of those long recondite RCs....bloody hell. The RCs were all about american revolution history and arts nonsense, I just could not understand them at all. Anyway, I ended up with an abysmal 150. My target was 155.

I consider myself a fair maths guru but those quant questions, while not so tough, needed more time to solve. I found myself running out of time. Had to guess on some complex questions and move on. I ended up with 162. I was targeting 165.

I was studying on and off for a few months, never really had enough time to be honest. I work full time and still have to care for a husband and child. It should not be an excuse, but its really tough managing a family, working and still having to study.

Special thanks to sirriddy. That guy is so selfless, was never tired of listening to my whinings. Kept encouraging me to push on. May God continue to bless him.

I really salute the likes of nastydamus and babisho! Kudos to you guys for your scores. I envy you both.

I am considering rewriting but very nervous. I am a PhD hopeful; I know my scores are not good enough and will taint the other excellent parts of my application.

I have a question to ask..... I had reported those scores to my schools. Won't it affect my chances even if i rewrite and achieve better scores?

P.S. Pardon my typo/grammatical errors. I am typing from a phone.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glowrie22: 11:07am On Aug 12, 2016
pennstate:

I do not understand your message!

The GRE materials you sent to someone ...i asked if you could send to me too
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glowrie22: 11:11am On Aug 12, 2016
iCool:

My head wan catch fire!

Hi please I need the Manhattan 8 booklets
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glowrie22: 11:14am On Aug 12, 2016
kaima2015:

sent

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
Topiipii:

Check this site, I registered with them two weeks ago (45k TOEFL, 50k GRE).

http://www.gregmattoeflnigeria.com/gretestdatesinnigeria/
Have you written the gre yet and your result available? I want to be sure they are genuine because this offer sounds too good to be true. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
You guys should be very careful with all these juicy offers.
Some of these 'agents' could use a stolen credit card to pay for your test. If ETS finds out, which they usually do, you will loose the score.
I know things are darn tough but try not to make it tougher by dealing with these shady guys.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.