Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1344840 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by codexgigax: 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
To everyone that sent PM I have replied your mail.

CC: andradaeze
manwonder
TheZed et al
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 6:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
I got a mail from University of California, Riverside inviting me to apply for a fully funded PhD in their Physics and Astronomy Department. I am not into that area, so it's useless to me. I decided to share it here in case anyone is interested. It is a very good school. This is from GRE search service based on my previous scores.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
drhopeful:
I got a mail from University of California, Riverside inviting me to apply for a fully funded PhD
shocked cheesy

@codexgigax. You are doing a great job. wink
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
codexgigax:
To everyone that sent PM I have replied your mail.

CC: andradaeze
manwonder
TheZed et al

Thanks codexgigax.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by klawaaa: 11:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
drhopeful:
I got a mail from University of California, Riverside inviting me to apply for a fully funded PhD in their Physics and Astronomy Department. I am not into that area, so it's useless to me. I decided to share it here in case anyone is interested. It is a very good school. This is from GRE search service based on my previous scores.
hi drhopeful, please what is their requirement like? MSC or BSc. what GPA or GRE score etc
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by deWav: 6:08am On Oct 27, 2016
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by deeteeneey(f): 6:58am On Oct 27, 2016
Hello, please is there anyone that can help me with TOEFL materials? Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kunbeeee: 7:34am On Oct 27, 2016
Pls does anyone know of schools in the US that exempt nigerians from having to submit English language proficiency test scores.. most of the schools I have been checking have been stating it as an important requirement.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ridsan4real(m): 11:51am On Oct 27, 2016
Hello folks. please I'm considering applying for Graduate assistant (with full tuition waiver and stipends) for US schools but I saw proof of funds...despite seeking for fully funded assistantship...what does that mean?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temi4fash(m): 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
drhopeful:

How do you log into the these search area thingy.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by doziej84: 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
pls who has written toefl & sent scores to institutions?

I thought you could send to 4 schools free of charge. I've tried to do it & the system wants to charge me

who has an idea on how to go around it?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by nastydamus(m): 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
doziej84:

pls who has written toefl & sent scores to institutions?

I thought you could send to 4 schools free of charge. I've tried to do it & the system wants to charge me

who has an idea on how to go around it?

Are you trying to send to the schools after writing the test and leaving the test hall?
If yes, prepare $19 per test, per school bro.
Also, I think TOEFL allows for selection of four schools until a day before your test date.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by doziej84: 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
nastydamus:

Are you trying to send to the schools after writing the test and leaving the test hall?
If yes, prepare $19 per test, per school bro.
Also, I think TOEFL allows for selection of four schools until a day before your test date.

sorted it out, bro. thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
klawaaa:
hi drhopeful, please what is their requirement like? MSC or BSc. what GPA or GRE score etc
They did not state entry requirements. I guess you would have to visit their website to get that info. The mail was basically about what the department is about and how they run their programs.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
temi4fash:

How do you log into the these search area thingy.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by orelio(m): 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
Nov 2 at jjk... From my prep tests, my quant has been quite good 165>..but my verbal has been lingering around 150... Gurus in the house, any advice on how to improve my verbal to at least 156>... Any quick tip less than 1week, most especially those convoluted RCs

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by crowntoro(f): 2:01am On Oct 28, 2016
djPyper:
November is just around the corner since theres no time, i'll suggest you dedicate 98% of ur study to GRE you can prepare for toefl in a day or two by watching youtube videos as long as you're good in english language( especially speaking), For your GRE prep, first go through the official gre guide then take a powerprep test to determine ur readiness and where you need to work on, you can use manhattan to study some of the more tricky topics as I dont think you can finish the whole book in time, then of course the magoosh videos watch all of them and you may just end up blasting this thing, though if you havent already registered you should give yourself more time to study. Best wishes
I like this info u gave, pls where can I get the magoosh videos?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by crowntoro(f): 2:06am On Oct 28, 2016
orelio:
Nov 2 at jjk... From my prep tests, my quant has been quite good 165>..but my verbal has been lingering around 150... Gurus in the house, any advice on how to improve my verbal to at least 156>... Any quick tip less than 1week, most especially those convoluted RCs
where can I get the prep tests?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 7:49am On Oct 28, 2016
crowntoro:

Start reading from page 91, you will see the links for downloads + get several other valuable tips.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ridsan4real(m): 9:48am On Oct 28, 2016
Hello,
I'm willing to apply for Phd program in animal science but due to lack of funds, I will be applying and seeking for graduate assistantship or fellowship that will cover tuition, stipend, health insurance e.t.c. As an admission criteria, prospective candidate needs proof of funds or certificate of financial responsibility. Do I also need It before being considered for admission, GA/fellowship and I-20? Kindly elaborate more. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ridsan4real(m): 9:50am On Oct 28, 2016
Hello folks. please I'm considering applying for Graduate assistant (with full tuition waiver and stipends) for US schools but I saw proof of funds...despite seeking for fully funded assistantship...what does that mean?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by sehawale: 11:59am On Oct 28, 2016
iCool:

Magoosh videos - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gb59spt3p8ze590/MG%20Prm%20Vidz.rar?dl=0

Another link for the videos - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzH3jPJPYLjlRGl6STRmRExLMWs/view

Manhattan 4th edition - https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6FBl1JdVum6Um4yRTdNN1gxa2c&export=download

Gruber, Nover, Baron, ETS Quant & Verbal Practice booklets - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zmshe3dzsdkzwfe/AADzNPplTrgqrYdS4IfNZ7zZa?dl=0

All links tested and are working. Use either of the first two for the videos (~1gig in size) and 230mb for the Manhattan books.
Good luck to you.

Please I could not download the Magoosh videos. First link says "privacy error" while the second link says I need to be granted access. I have sent access request by following the second link. If you are the approver, please grant me the access. The access request will come from olawale dot olaseha at gmail dot com. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by sehawale: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
codexgigax:
If you are in Lagos and you need study materials for GRE (PDFs - ETS, Manhattan, Barron, Nova, Kaplan, etc, PowerPrep software, Magoosh videos), please do not hesitate to contact me. Meeting one on one is preferable due to the size of the files. It is absolutely free! Please note that this offer is for those that have registered for the exam.

Please I'm in Lagos and I need the bolded badly. I have sent you a PM too. Awaiting your response...Thanks for your contributions...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bolisticbond026: 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
Hello guys am having issue with the powerprep II software i'm unable to see the practice questions once i lunch the software.Can any one help me with a link where i can downloads the software.Tanxs in advance guys.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by orelio(m): 9:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
crowntoro:
Manhattan online test, official guide paper tests, Kaplan test, powerprep tests... Just download powerprep from ets.org/gre and try getting the official guide book
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by codexgigax: 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
deWav:

Pls, if you don't mind sharpng how she got that score. i have less than 1 month left and this same verbal is doing me like mission impossible 3. Thanks

One of the first thing to put in place above all else when preparing for an exam is "A Right Attitude --nothing can beat a positive attitude". Believe you can achieve any score you want and with the right materials in your hand, a high score is just a piece of cake. Refuse to be intimidated by 'a mere' GRE exam....trust me! Anything that can be learnt can be mastered... To everyone preparing for November exam dates, I say THRIVE! All the very best!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by codexgigax: 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Sehawale
Ogreene
Crowntoro et al

I have replied your mails.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by aanexplus(m): 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
Good day guys. I have finally registered for gre and my set date is 18th dec. All thanks to you guys for the courage. I will be glad if you can add me to any group available. Phone :08068053635..

Thanks. One love
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by strictlynaija: 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
Hi guys, aside the mail confirmation I got from ETS as regards successful registration stating date, time and venue, is there any other invite I should have before the exam day

#TeamNov14
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 12:50pm On Oct 30, 2016
strictlynaija:
Hi guys, aside the mail confirmation I got from ETS as regards successful registration stating date, time and venue, is there any other invite I should have before the exam day

#TeamNov14
Nothing more....just log in your GRE account in their website, print ur exam slip n take it to d exam centre on d scheduled date....
I wish u all d best in ur test.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Gozychuks(m): 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
codexgigax:

What have you done differently as regards preparation this time around?
What study kits are you using for your quant?

One way not to beat yourself up is to focus on your weak areas more that trying to improve your overall score. I think you have enough time to nail this thing. I recently got to know of someone who had 170 in VR and she prepared in less than one month.

Like I said earlier if you need any study materials for GRE and you've registered, please get in touch with me.

Please i am Lagos I need Magoosh videos. How do I contact you. My email is gozychuks@gmail.com
l
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by strictlynaija: 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
seeker88:

Nothing more....just log in your GRE account in their website, print ur exam slip n take it to d exam centre on d scheduled date....
I wish u all d best in ur test.

Okay bro . Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.