Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1347397 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by manwonder: 12:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
seeker88:

Well, I have not had similar issue as this.

However, I know that BY Mafit is genuine, and so many people here have successfully used them for GRE registration without any hitch. I also used them last week for my TOEFL registration, and I didn't encounter any issue.

I am sure BY Mafit will rectify the issue for you since they gave you the assurance.

I wish you all d best in your test.

Thanks a lot!

However, I became worried when I noticed they were being evasive while talking to them on the phone on Friday and Saturday. They were using gimmicks like feigning not being able to hear you properly when you're demanding answers to certain questions, and also cutting calls in the middle of conversations; but the moment you say "stop pretending, I know you can hear me, so just give me answers now", they now reply you, saying "no sir, I'm not pretending, network is bad here", and you now begin to wonder how come they were able to hear that part clearly. I experienced that with two of their staff I spoke with.

At a point, I had to threaten to visit their office with Mobile Police officers first thing in the morning on Monday (yesterday)- which I was really willing and ready to do, as I had gotten in touch with some of my friends who are Mopols and a relative who is a military officer at Ikeja Cantonment- when I noticed that the staff that processed my registration was making contradictory comments, and also sounding evasive. She said the issue would be sorted out this week, as her boss would be in town on Monday (yesterday). I then gave her a timeline for resolution, after which I would get them arrested (and I meant it).

Later that day (Saturday), I got a mail from ETS, and to my surprise, the mail indicated that the outstanding balance of $225 had been paid. So this made me feel more uncomfortable about those guys (B.Y. Mafit). Why did the lady say it would be sorted out upon her boss's arrival this week when it could be sorted out the same day?

I narrated this experience to a friend of mine who has done GRE in the past, and he said he hadn't heard about B.Y. Mafit before and couldn't say anything about them, but he advised that I be careful of GRE registration agents, especially the ones that offer discounted fees, as he once heard that some of them make use of fake/ stolen credit cards, which would eventually make ETS cancel test appointments or even withhold test results. That's why I felt I should share my experience here in case there are people who have experienced such and would be able to advise accordingly, so I don't lose out at the end of the day.

Thanks, and I'm expecting more comments, people!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 2:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
manwonder:

Thanks a lot!

However, I became worried when I noticed they were being evasive while talking to them on the phone on Friday and Saturday. They were using gimmicks like feigning not being able to hear you properly when you're demanding answers to certain questions, and also cutting calls in the middle of conversations; but the moment you say "stop pretending, I know you can hear me, so just give me answers now", they now reply you, saying "no sir, I'm not pretending, network is bad here", and you now begin to wonder how come they were able to hear that part clearly. I experienced that with two of their staff I spoke with.

At a point, I had to threaten to visit their office with Mobile Police officers first thing in the morning on Monday (yesterday)- which I was really willing and ready to do, as I had gotten in touch with some of my friends who are Mopols and a relative who is a military officer at Ikeja Cantonment- when I noticed that the staff that processed my registration was making contradictory comments, and also sounding evasive. She said the issue would be sorted out this week, as her boss would be in town on Monday (yesterday). I then gave her a timeline for resolution, after which I would get them arrested (and I meant it).

Later that day (Saturday), I got a mail from ETS, and to my surprise, the mail indicated that the outstanding balance of $225 had been paid. So this made me feel more uncomfortable about those guys (B.Y. Mafit). Why did the lady say it would be sorted out upon her boss's arrival this week when it could be sorted out the same day?

I narrated this experience to a friend of mine who has done GRE in the past, and he said he hadn't heard about B.Y. Mafit before and couldn't say anything about them, but he advised that I be careful of GRE registration agents, especially the ones that offer discounted fees, as he once heard that some of them make use of fake/ stolen credit cards, which would eventually make ETS cancel test appointments or even withhold test results. That's why I felt I should share my experience here in case there are people who have experienced such and would be able to advise accordingly, so I don't lose out at the end of the day.

When she told you it will be sorted out you should know that there is every possibility that she doesn't have the power to act all alone without the consent of her Boss. Good it was sorted out.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jlakesideo(f): 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2016
I want to re-register for the GRE, who can help me pay with GRE voucher at a discount.. A School deadline is February 15., Though

I had 295 on my first attempt (142V 153Q 3.0 AWA) and it was very very poor.. I just wasted my transcript fee, App fee and some other fees to the school. I applied to University of Southern Mississippi and Georgia state university(They are under review/Awaiting decision). But I'm pretty sure that they can't give me admission. I just want to re-write the exam. Pls who can help me at a discounted rate, I won't lie, I have exhausted all my money this year. But I don't want to give up on my dreams..

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
The result of the TOEFL I took on 9th of December just came in. I was expecting it to take 13 days so was a bit surprised when I saw the mail. I logged in to my account and pressed view. I was a nervous wreck all the while as I was waiting to for the page to load, not that I needed to be. Here it is: Reading 30, Listening 30, Speaking 24, Writing 27. Total of 111. I am relieved with my score in speaking because some very selective schools request for a minimum of 22 to receive funding through Teaching Assistantship. Now on to the "BABA" called GRE on the 6th.

10 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 5:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
jlakesideo:
I want to re-register for the GRE, who can help me pay with GRE voucher at a discount.. A School deadline is February 15., Though

I had 295 on my first attempt (142V 153Q 3.0 AWA) and it was very very poor.. I just wasted my transcript fee, App fee and some other fees to the school. I applied to University of Southern Mississippi and Georgia state university(They are under review/Awaiting decision). But I'm pretty sure that they can't give me admission. I just want to re-write the exam. Pls who can help me at a discounted rate, I won't lie, I have exhausted all my money this year. But I don't want to give up on my dreams..

Thanks

In our attempt to be humble n admit we didn't do well in the GRE, sometimes we r quick to write off the possibility of admission with a low GRE score. Fine, it is good to anticipate and actually do well in the gre but really it's not d ultimate. Even with a good gre score, you of ur own will cannot guarantee anything, so please stop giving urself unnecessary stress. I know a colleague that got admitted for Masters of Engineering Management at Dartmouth College (an Ivy league school) with funding n a gre score <300. I know it's grace but also don't give up on urself @ no time
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 5:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
@manwonder, I used MAFIT to register for both TOEFL and GRE and I have not had any serious issues with them. They are legit from all indications and since your issue has been resolved, I think you should give them benefit of the doubt. Every registration they handle cannot be 100% smooth sailing. I saved about 50,000 by registering with them.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2016
Time2Smile:
The result of the TOEFL I took on 9th of December just came in. I was expecting it to take 13 days so was a bit surprised when I saw the mail. I logged in to my account and pressed view. I was a nervous wreck all the while as I was waiting to for the page to load, not that I needed to be. Here it is: Reading 30, Listening 30, Speaking 24, Writing 27. Total of 111. I am relieved with my score in speaking because some very selective schools request for a minimum of 22 to receive funding through Teaching Assistantship. Now on to the "BABA" called GRE on the 6th.
Lovely result! Hope you blast the GRE too! Good luck!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 6:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
Cephas0009:

In our attempt to be humble n admit we didn't do well in the GRE, sometimes we r quick to write off the possibility of admission with a low GRE score. Fine, it is good to anticipate and actually do well in the gre but really it's not d ultimate. Even with a good gre score, you of ur own will cannot guarantee anything, so please stop giving urself unnecessary stress. I know a colleague that got admitted for Masters of Engineering Management at Dartmouth College (an Ivy league school) with funding n a gre score <300. I know it's grace but also don't give up on urself @ no time

Thank you for writing this. People don't know that admission is politics. Have you ever wonder why Asian Faculty mostly have MS/PHD student also from their regions.

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
eeddiiee:

eddyjoe72@yahoo.com thanks

just added u
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
Time2Smile:

congratulations!!
lovely scores. Abeg how you take do am? grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
Guitarlife:
biko which facebook group o ?

for gre, there is a facebook group where they bring and answer gre questions
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
manwonder:

Thanks a lot!

They are legit. Be patient. I used them for my second GRE and I had no qualms about them.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 6:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
jlakesideo:

Thanks

I am giving you the piece of advice I did not take after my first GRE- use this score like that whilst preparing for the retake. In fact, you only need a retake when you are sure that the school and dept in question do not compromise on the limit scores of the GRE.

I have a cousin who asked University of Texas, Austin to completely waive the GRE for him. Guess what? The Professor is considering asking the admission board to do exactly that! This is University of Texas in Austin oh!

Let me tell you his profile:

1. Second class lower Mechanical engineering (Nigeria)
2. MSc UK (no distinction)
3. MSc in (Canada) which ended this year.

Yet someone with this profile asked such a top school to consider his proposition and they are even considering it. Mind-boggling I tell you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 6:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
Time2Smile:

This is stellar however I am surprised you did not hit 30 in the Writing as well. The sample "5" mark essays I saw were not fantastic tbh. I mean, compared with the GRE "6" mark ones.

Happy for you though. I wish ETS TOEFL would even respond to my queries sef.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2016
pennstate:

Thank you for writing this. People don't know that admission is politics. Have you ever wonder why Asian Faculty mostly have MS/PHD student also from their regions.

When I started researching schools I realized this fact. I have noticed that the Chinese and Indians are most guilty of this. They are on this help-my-people-mission and it is becoming so ostensible.

In fact, starting from the GRE (where they cheat to get perfect V scores and in some cases perfect TOEFL scores) to the admission and funding process(es) where Indian professors tend to only respond to emails from fellow Indians. It is just a politicized process.

The reviews Nigerians give about them is not even exactly rave. You see people who got near perfect standardized test scores yet they struggle with the school work over there. I think sirRiddy talked about a Chinese guy that has a teaching assistantship yet cannot string together a coherent sentence over there at KSU.

5 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
Time2Smile:

Wow! Great scores bro! Congrats.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
amofum:

Alas!!!! a Daniel comes to judgement. Abeg which schools are you applying to?

Lol at Daniel....
Tbh with you, I'm still very much indecisive. I'm looking at University of Missouri, State University of New York, Binghamton and two other higher ranked schools (I'm yet to decide). What about you?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kinematicguy: 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
Scholastica16:

Thank you.

Michigan State Uni~
Iowa State Uni (PhD Jan 1 deadline)~
Uni of Florida (Deadline for PhD was Dec 5, for MSc is Jan 8 )
Texas Tech Uni (Jan 8 )
Uni of New Mexico (Jan 15 Msc)
L.S.U Baton Rouge
Mississipi State Uni
Kansas State Uni

All for fall 2017 (I think all have deadlines in January bu not sure of the exact dates). All Chemical engineering. Funding is important. I think it is criminal for anyone to spend a dime of his own money doing research for a school. So yea, Masters of Science or PhD. If the school want a dime from me, they can take their admission and shove it where the sun don't shine. grin

~ signifies still unsure. First one are yet to reply any emails. 2nd say they sponsor only PhD.

I noticed you mentioned that funding is important. if that is the case, I will advice you to strike out Texas Tech if you are applying for M.S. there. As the school hardly fund incoming M.S. students. But Ph.D. can get funding.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kinematicguy: 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2016
aanexplus:
Guys score has been reported. I flop sha based on the way I prepared.

My profile
Msc hopeful
Bsc civil engineering
Cgpa:4.58/5
Gre score:306

Can anything good come out of this? Thanks guys for making me go this far. I will surely retake gre but can I still do something from this profile. Thank you

Yes something good can come out of this. In my opinion you dont need to rewrite, just get a good SOP, LORs. And make sure you contact potential advisors, talk about their research area and why you are interested in it. Tell them problem solving is a thrilling experience for you. Attach your cv to the email.

Also you can check out. Uni of Notre Dame; the grad cord has sent me about 3 emails to apply( I registered for GRE score locator). I have a similar profile to yours. Although I wont be applying because I dont like their research concentration for my discipline.

Below is the mail I was sent. You can check the school out.

Dear ********

Greetings! I am the Director of Graduate Studies for Civil and Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences at the University of Notre Dame, and am writing to encourage you to consider our graduate program. Notre Dame is a private university located about 90 miles east of Chicago, in the city of South Bend, IN. Our students come from every state and from around the world.Our doctoral program in Civil and Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences (formerly Civil Engineering and Geological Sciences) was recently ranked by the National Research Council (NRC) as one of the top programs in the United States.Over the past 10 years, our M.S. and Ph.D. graduates have obtained high-profile positions in industry, government, and academia, with about 25% of our Ph.D. students placed in teaching-and-research faculty positions across the U.S. and around the world.We place great emphasis on the total education of students through coursework, research and personal mentorship. This is reflected in our low student to faculty ratio (4 to 1).Allstudents in our graduate program receivefull financial support, which consists of a stipend and a tuition waiver. Our standard stipend is over $27,000 special fellowships with stipends as high as $37,500 per year are offered to the most outstanding doctoral applicants.  Our department has a vibrant research program, with 24 full-time, teaching and research faculty and over 80 graduate students. Our department's research is grouped into four broad areas:Structural EngineeringEnvironmental EngineeringEnvironmental Fluid DynamicsEarth SciencesT
he department has decided to waive your application fee, which means you will be able to submit your application without being charged

May God crown our efforts. Search wide. You should be good.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Toakins: 12:17am On Dec 21, 2016
Congrats time2smile. Great scores you have there. Please can you share tips on how to prepare for the toefl test and the materials you used. I'll be writing mine in few days time. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by aanexplus(m): 2:21am On Dec 21, 2016
kinematicguy:

Yes something good can come out of this. In my opinion you dont need to rewrite, just get a good SOP, LORs. And make sure you contact potential advisors, talk about their research area and why you are interested in it. Tell them problem solving is a thrilling experience for you. Attach your cv to the email.

Also you can check out. Uni of Notre Dame; the grad cord has sent me about 3 emails to apply( I registered for GRE score locator). I have a similar profile to yours. Although I wont be applying because I dont like their research concentration for my discipline.

Below is the mail I was sent. You can check the school out.

Dear ********

Greetings! I am the Director of Graduate Studies for Civil and Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences at the University of Notre Dame, and am writing to encourage you to consider our graduate program. Notre Dame is a private university located about 90 miles east of Chicago, in the city of South Bend, IN. Our students come from every state and from around the world.Our doctoral program in Civil and Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences (formerly Civil Engineering and Geological Sciences) was recently ranked by the National Research Council (NRC) as one of the top programs in the United States.Over the past 10 years, our M.S. and Ph.D. graduates have obtained high-profile positions in industry, government, and academia, with about 25% of our Ph.D. students placed in teaching-and-research faculty positions across the U.S. and around the world.We place great emphasis on the total education of students through coursework, research and personal mentorship. This is reflected in our low student to faculty ratio (4 to 1).Allstudents in our graduate program receivefull financial support, which consists of a stipend and a tuition waiver. Our standard stipend is over $27,000 special fellowships with stipends as high as $37,500 per year are offered to the most outstanding doctoral applicants.  Our department has a vibrant research program, with 24 full-time, teaching and research faculty and over 80 graduate students. Our department's research is grouped into four broad areas:Structural EngineeringEnvironmental EngineeringEnvironmental Fluid DynamicsEarth SciencesT
he department has decided to waive your application fee, which means you will be able to submit your application without being charged

May God crown our efforts. Search wide. You should be good.

Wow. Thanks bro. This is very good. I sent you a PM. Kindly reply. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 2:35am On Dec 21, 2016
kinematicguy:

I noticed you mentioned that funding is important. if that is the case, I will advice you to strike out Texas Tech if you are applying for M.S. there. As the school hardly fund incoming M.S. students. But Ph.D. can get funding.

I struck them off a day after I made that post as the grad coordinator finally replied me on said day. I was looking at the school because I saw that most of their Chemical engineering research projects had a lot of funding so I was hoping to benefit from it.

What you said is very correct because the Grad coordinator pretty much reechoed what you said. I believe the message said something about 150 applying for the PhD last time but they took only 15 of them. I just decided against throwing my $100 away. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 21, 2016
I have been an ardent follower of this thread for as long as my memory goes. To say I have benefited from the contributions of everyone would be to say the very least. Though a lot of fall applicants have already taken the GRE by now, and are probably putting in their applications, I'd like to share a few tips to those who are yet to take the GRE.
Like has been said over time, there is no quick fix for the Verbal section of the test. But for the Quantitative, I've found that it really pays to practice. Often times, we are quick to convince ourselves that we've mastered the way around questions but only to be disappointed when we keep going in circles in an attempt to solve a seemingly easy question. The idea is to practice as much questions as we can on any topic as soon as we read the basics of that topic. That way, we get to apply the tricks and problem solving skills we've acquired. When we make this part of our study cycle, the result is usually sterling.
Though having a math background makes things a bit easy, the GRE simply test one's ability to take the test, and practice does just that. When I started off preparation, I was only concerned about reading and studying through the quantitative topics, but after my first power prep, I found a rift in my methodology for study. Thus I figured I'd key in to the recommendations of test takers whose moniker now eludes me.
I chose Manhattan 5lb book, and those questions were much like those of power prep. Though it's a very big book, I'm confident that if I can go through the quantitative section before my test, I would make a fine score. I hope this help someone in a way.

My little way of giving back.

8 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kinematicguy: 11:49am On Dec 21, 2016
aanexplus:

Wow. Thanks bro. This is very good. I sent you a PM. Kindly reply. Thanks

I have replied bro.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kinematicguy: 11:54am On Dec 21, 2016
Scholastica16:

I struck them off a day after I made that post as the grad coordinator finally replied me on said day. I was looking at the school because I saw that most of their Chemical engineering research projects had a lot of funding so I was hoping to benefit from it.

What you said is very correct because the Grad coordinator pretty much reechoed what you said. I believe the message said something about 150 applying for the PhD last time but they took only 15 of them. I just decided against throwing my $100 away. Thanks.

Yes boss. I have a friend currently there. He thought he was going to get funding with his very good profile, he didnt. Thank God he got an external funding.

Plus I did mail the grad cord of my dept. He said no funding for M.S. and Ph.D maybe they are going to fund just 1 ( I enquired about spring then).
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
Toakins:
Congrats time2smile. Great scores you have there. Please can you share tips on how to prepare for the toefl test and the materials you used. I'll be writing mine in few days time. Thanks.
Thanks. I used notefull video for the speaking section. Go to YouTube and search for notefull toefl videos. Download the official toefl interactive practice from ETS site. https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/prepare. I used my knowledge from GRE reading comprehension for reading, Listening was straightforward because I grew up watching CNN and other TV channels. Make sure to practice by taking the full test from the link above. Good luck, The test is just an examination of your English language skill, the only section that needs special focus is Speaking.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 12:36pm On Dec 21, 2016
drhopeful:
Lovely result! Hope you blast the GRE too! Good luck!
Thanks. It is due to your contributions and other wonderful people on this forum. Really stepping up my preparation for GRE, hope to blast it.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
Scholastica16:

This is stellar however I am surprised you did not hit 30 in the Writing as well. The sample "5" mark essays I saw were not fantastic tbh. I mean, compared with the GRE "6" mark ones.

Happy for you though. I wish ETS TOEFL would even respond to my queries sef.
I thought as much about the writing but I can't complain, can I? Might be something to watch out for so that I can brush up my Writing for GRE AWA.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
Scholastica16:

Do you realize TOEFL is not designed for native English speakers? And do you also realize that high school leavers also write TOEFL? That it looks simple to you does not mean it will be simple for your nigerian public secondary school leaver who is hoping to gain admission for bachelors in an American Uni. The structure of GRE writing is far superior to that of TOEFL and that is why most of us don't score up to 4.5. Infact, our average score in Nigeria is about 3.2 or so according to ETS website. The Nigerian educational system does not encourage good writing or typing skills and that is why we will always lag behind. Apart from you and a few others on this forum who scored 5 and above, the rest have hovered around 3 - 4.5. I for one cannot type fast and it's a major problem 'cause it's not like I don't know what to write.
Time2Smile:
I thought as much about the writing but I can't complain, can I? Might be something to watch out for so that I can brush up my Writing for GRE AWA.
You know the reading and listening are multiple choice; you either get it right or wrong. On the other hand, speaking and writing are subjective - subject to the judgement of the rater; and that is why you can request for a re-mark if you are not satisfied with the scores. IELTS is same.
Also, Writing is in two parts. While you can blast the independent part, the integrated part requires more skills. You have got to listen and get the main points in the lecture and link them effectively to the passage. I believe that is where people lose a lot of marks in writing. I thought my writing was perfect but I got 28! Ah well!!! That is where subjectivity comes in - it's possible I would have scored a 30 with another rater.....or maybe 25 with another who woke up from the wrong side of his/her bed. Lol.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2016
drhopeful:
Do you realize TOEFL is not designed for native English speakers? And do you also realize that high school leavers also write TOEFL? That it looks simple to you does not mean it will be simple for your nigerian public secondary school leaver who is hoping to gain admission for bachelors in an American Uni. The structure of GRE writing is far superior to that of TOEFL and that is why most of us don't score up to 4.5. Infact, our average score in Nigeria is about 3.2 or so according to ETS website. The Nigerian educational system does not encourage good writing or typing skills and that is why we will always lag behind. Apart from you and a few others on this forum who scored 5 and above, the rest have hovered around 3 - 4.5. I for one cannot type fast and it's a major problem 'cause it's not like I don't know what to write.

I see your point but I was not implying that the writing aspect was simple. Just that the essays that got full marks appeared so. The sentence structures were pretty straight-forward (no variations and some were even choppy).

I do also agree too that since it is being marked subjectively, these type of score variations will be prevalent. In fact, I am leaning towards the idea that the markers become stricter once they realize the educational level of the candidate or if they are from predominantly Anglophone countries.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Scholastica16:

I do also agree too that since it is being marked subjectively, these type of score variations will be prevalent. In fact, I am leaning towards the idea that the markers become stricter once they realize the educational level of the candidate or if they are from predominantly Anglophone countries.
grin grin grin I believe that too! I guess I should have put educational level as high school graduate, so I could score 30.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.