Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,481 members, 7,781,437 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:24 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1337127 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by sedulousQueen: 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
Gunbiz:

just added u

Pls add ayoope@yahoo.se
thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2016
To d fall applicants....

If u have an application fee of 50$ to pay, I have 50$ available at 400/$. I was supposed to use it for my application, but later realized that my actual app fee if 55$ and not 50$. Please send me a pm if interested.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 22, 2016
sedulousQueen:

Pls add ayoope@yahoo.se
thanks

this email is not correct

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by manwonder: 12:51am On Dec 22, 2016
sedulousQueen:
I'm wooooowed.

You guys are awesome. I see selflessness, understanding and team work here. Una too much.

Thanks thread setter Oga DanjaNinja, hailings to SirRiddy and other selfless contributors.

God bless you all.

Targeting mid-2017 for GRE and TOEFL.
PhD in Finance hopefully.... But I fear small sha, those Asians are taking all the slots. lol

Anyone going for a PhD in Management/Social sci??

Hello sedulousQueen,

I'm considering a PhD in Management/Social Science too.

I had initially registered to take GRE Dec. 4, but I had to cancel it and re-register to take it June 2017.

Which country and school are you considering?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by manwonder: 12:52am On Dec 22, 2016
pennstate:

When she told you it will be sorted out you should know that there is every possibility that she doesn't have the power to act all alone without the consent of her Boss. Good it was sorted out.

Yeah, thanks. I hope I don't get any troubling mail from ETS again.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by manwonder: 12:53am On Dec 22, 2016
Time2Smile:
@manwonder, I used MAFIT to register for both TOEFL and GRE and I have not had any serious issues with them. They are legit from all indications and since your issue has been resolved, I think you should give them benefit of the doubt. Every registration they handle cannot be 100% smooth sailing. I saved about 50,000 by registering with them.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by manwonder: 12:56am On Dec 22, 2016
Scholastica16:

They are legit. Be patient. I used them for my second GRE and I had no qualms about them.

Thanks a lot!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SilaV: 1:24am On Dec 22, 2016
Gunbiz:

please, include this E-Mail address:....
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaybiz007(m): 7:30am On Dec 22, 2016
kinematicguy:

Yes something good can come out of this. In my opinion you dont need to rewrite, just get a good SOP, LORs. And make sure you contact potential advisors, talk about their research area and why you are interested in it. Tell them problem solving is a thrilling experience for you. Attach your cv to the email.

Also you can check out. Uni of Notre Dame; the grad cord has sent me about 3 emails to apply( I registered for GRE score locator). I have a similar profile to yours. Although I wont be applying because I dont like their research concentration for my discipline.

Below is the mail I was sent. You can check the school out.

Dear ********

Greetings! I am the Director of Graduate Studies for Civil and Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences at the University of Notre Dame, and am writing to encourage you to consider our graduate program. Notre Dame is a private university located about 90 miles east of Chicago, in the city of South Bend, IN. Our students come from every state and from around the world.Our doctoral program in Civil and Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences (formerly Civil Engineering and Geological Sciences) was recently ranked by the National Research Council (NRC) as one of the top programs in the United States.Over the past 10 years, our M.S. and Ph.D. graduates have obtained high-profile positions in industry, government, and academia, with about 25% of our Ph.D. students placed in teaching-and-research faculty positions across the U.S. and around the world.We place great emphasis on the total education of students through coursework, research and personal mentorship. This is reflected in our low student to faculty ratio (4 to 1).Allstudents in our graduate program receivefull financial support, which consists of a stipend and a tuition waiver. Our standard stipend is over $27,000 special fellowships with stipends as high as $37,500 per year are offered to the most outstanding doctoral applicants.  Our department has a vibrant research program, with 24 full-time, teaching and research faculty and over 80 graduate students. Our department's research is grouped into four broad areas:Structural EngineeringEnvironmental EngineeringEnvironmental Fluid DynamicsEarth SciencesT
he department has decided to waive your application fee, which means you will be able to submit your application without being charged

May God crown our efforts. Search wide. You should be good.
I read civil engineering too. Likewise, I have written the GRE and TOEFL exams. Can I reach you via email? I would have exploited the pm route but my nairaland email is no longer active.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 9:43am On Dec 22, 2016
Hey Fam!, we're many on here. What course and schools are you considering too?

manwonder:

Hello sedulousQueen,

I had initially registered to take GRE Dec. 4, but I had to cancel it and re-register to take it June 2017.

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nitta08(f): 10:15am On Dec 22, 2016
seeker88:
To d fall applicants....

If u have an application fee of 50$ to pay, I have 50$ available at 400/$. I was supposed to use it for my application, but later realized that my actual app fee if 55$ and not 50$. Please send me a pm if interested.
Hi, I've sent you an anonymous mail
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 11:01am On Dec 22, 2016
Nitta08:

Hi, I've sent you an anonymous mail
Seen and replied...
Cheers!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by doziej84: 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
kinematicguy:

Yes something good can come out of this. In my opinion you dont need to rewrite, just get a good SOP, LORs. And make sure you contact potential advisors, talk about their research area and why you are interested in it. Tell them problem solving is a thrilling experience for you. Attach your cv to the email.

Also you can check out. Uni of Notre Dame; the grad cord has sent me about 3 emails to apply( I registered for GRE score locator). I have a similar profile to yours. Although I wont be applying because I dont like their research concentration for my discipline.

Below is the mail I was sent. You can check the school out.

Dear ********

Greetings! I am the Director of Graduate Studies for Civil and Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences at the University of Notre Dame, and am writing to encourage you to consider our graduate program. Notre Dame is a private university located about 90 miles east of Chicago, in the city of South Bend, IN. Our students come from every state and from around the world.Our doctoral program in Civil and Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences (formerly Civil Engineering and Geological Sciences) was recently ranked by the National Research Council (NRC) as one of the top programs in the United States.Over the past 10 years, our M.S. and Ph.D. graduates have obtained high-profile positions in industry, government, and academia, with about 25% of our Ph.D. students placed in teaching-and-research faculty positions across the U.S. and around the world.We place great emphasis on the total education of students through coursework, research and personal mentorship. This is reflected in our low student to faculty ratio (4 to 1).Allstudents in our graduate program receivefull financial support, which consists of a stipend and a tuition waiver. Our standard stipend is over $27,000 special fellowships with stipends as high as $37,500 per year are offered to the most outstanding doctoral applicants.  Our department has a vibrant research program, with 24 full-time, teaching and research faculty and over 80 graduate students. Our department's research is grouped into four broad areas:Structural EngineeringEnvironmental EngineeringEnvironmental Fluid DynamicsEarth SciencesT
he department has decided to waive your application fee, which means you will be able to submit your application without being charged

May God crown our efforts. Search wide. You should be good.

how did you register for GRE search service?

I cant find such a link from my ETS account?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
doziej84:

how did you register for GRE search service?

I cant find such a link from my ETS account?

That option is available while booking an exam.

I got a mail from a school too, application fee waived but I doubt if I'll apply.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Doctorfitz: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2016
Time2Smile:
I thought as much about the writing but I can't complain, can I? Might be something to watch out for so that I can brush up my Writing for GRE AWA.

Bro good day Pls how do I contact mafit and how much did you register through them?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
Doctorfitz:

Bro good day Pls how do I contact mafit and how much did you register through them?

Google B. Y. Mafit, Lagos based and they operate online.

I paid from p/h, didn't have to go to their office. Registration was done in a day or two.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Doctorfitz: 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
iCool:

Google B. Y. Mafit, Lagos based and they operate online.

I paid from p/h, didn't have to go to their office. Registration was done in a day or two.

Ok Buh Pls how much did you pay...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 10:53pm On Dec 22, 2016
Doctorfitz:

Ok Buh Pls how much did you pay...

50k in October, Promo related.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Doctorfitz: 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
iCool:

50k in October, Promo related.

Ok God bless.... In ur opinion do you notefull is enuf material to ace the exam....
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
SilaV:

please, include this E-Mail address: olu.segun59@gmail.com

u have been added
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 1:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
Doctorfitz. Notefull helped a lot in speaking.
I used the official ets materials for reading and listening.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
AWA came out. 4.0

6 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bolisticbond026: 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
Admin can you plz add me to the group my mail is abdulhafizmatti2001@yahoo.com thanks in advance wishing every one best of luck just took the bold step to register for GRE exam yesterday using Mafit.
I can say their service really make sense and they were fast to schedule a date for me immediately i make my payment yesterday.So guys B.Y Mafit is legit u can bank on them.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by sedulousQueen: 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
Gunbiz:

ayoope@yahoo.se
Been using the email addy for decades, lol. Please try again
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by sedulousQueen: 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
manwonder:

Hello sedulousQueen,

Hi manwonder,

Considering US, a PhD in Finance, as regards school - not concluded - still searching - on the look out for Profs with experience in Energy Finance/Risk.

Which country & course are you considering?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by manwonder: 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
sedulousQueen:

Hi manwonder,

Considering US, a PhD in Finance, as regards school - not concluded - still searching - on the look out for Profs with experience in Energy Finance/Risk.

Which country & course are you considering?

Hi sedulousQueen,

I'm considering a PhD in areas like Business and Public Policy, Public Affairs, Strategy and Management, Policy Studies, and Policy Analysis etc.

I'm also considering countries like the US, Canada, France, Germany, Austria, and Belgium.

I was also considering going for a PhD in Finance, but it seems I'll need much more than an MBA to undertake it, especially when my first degree is in the sciences. However, you can try HEC Paris, France. They don't just offer a tuition-waiver for all their PhDs, they also provide monthly stipends, and you get to enjoy these benefits the moment you're admitted. However, I'm not sure they offer something in Energy Finance and Risk though. You can check German schools as well.

But why Energy Finance and Risk? Do you have degrees in areas like Petroleum Engineering, Energy Economics, Environment Sciences, or you have experience working in any of those fields?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by manwonder: 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2016
cuspy:

Hey Fam!, we're many on here. What course and schools are you considering too?

Hi cuspy,

I'm considering countries like the US, Canada, France, Germany, Austria, and Belgium, and a PhD in areas like Business and Public Policy, Public Affairs, Strategy and Management, Policy Studies, and Policy Analysis etc. Funding will play a critical role in the choice I'll be making sha!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
OGreene:
AWA came out. 4.0

You did well...

My second AWA came up to 4.0 from 3.5 and I am satisfied though I expected more.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 6:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
Exactly!, funding is key. I'm going for Economics. US or Canada are my major targets. How's GRE prep going?

manwonder:

Hi cuspy,

I'm considering countries like the US, Canada, France, Germany, Austria, and Belgium, and a PhD in areas like Business and Public Policy, Public Affairs, Strategy and Management, Policy Studies, and Policy Analysis etc. Funding will play a critical role in the choice I'll be making sha!

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 6:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
OGreene:
AWA came out. 4.0

Congrats bro!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kennyanderson: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
Bolisticbond026:
Admin can you plz add me to the group my mail is abdulhafizmatti2001@yahoo.com thanks in advance wishing every one best of luck just took the bold step to register for GRE exam yesterday using Mafit.
I can say their service really make sense and they were fast to schedule a date for me immediately i make my payment yesterday.So guys B.Y Mafit is legit u can bank on them.
Please how much is GRE @ Mafit as at yesterday?

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.