Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1347550 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by olukunlemuy: 8:01am On Jul 22, 2017
ChopNCleanMouth:
Been ghost reading Nairaland since 2016. I registered today and this is my first message; a question really.

Who has registered for GRE using gregmattoeflnigeria.com please, I need some reassurance that they are for real.

Yes they are. We all registered through them.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by olukunlemuy: 8:06am On Jul 22, 2017
obene12:
Guys am new here but I took my time to go thru most of the pages on this you thread. i contacted a prof in a Canadian university who asked me to send my CV and transcript to him, I need guidance on presenting a good CV. Secondly I checked the schls grad admis only to find it has a stringent procedure, admission score of 76% into graduate level(Msc) of which I am short of. What your take on this?. Thanks in anticipation

It's good you have someone interested in taking a close look at what you have and who wants to work with you. I would suggest you have a fail safe plan (Though many schools that were considered fail safe have become competitive), but as you work on that, get one with less stringent requirements so you do not put all your eggs in one basket.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fatezee(f): 8:16am On Jul 22, 2017
Pls who can help me with magoosh videos??

I need materials for GRE verbal reasoning I m kinda scared of it....... I am very certain n well prepared for quantitative Analysis..

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TooMuchSauce: 9:48am On Jul 22, 2017
happyroyalty:

please how do i access this videos and can i download and watch them with my phone?

Sure. Send me a pm so I can send them to your mail
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TooMuchSauce: 9:50am On Jul 22, 2017
nibrainengine:

Please can anyone help me with the Manhattan 5lb and magoosh videos, thanks.
my email: nibrainengine@hotmail.com

CC: Everyone

Check your email
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TooMuchSauce: 9:53am On Jul 22, 2017
Fatezee:
Pls who can help me with magoosh videos??

I need materials for GRE verbal reasoning I m kinda scared of it....... I am very certain n well prepared for quantitative Analysis..

Send me a pm or you could drop ur email address
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fatezee(f): 10:19am On Jul 22, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

Send me a pm or you could drop ur email address

Alright, I just sent you a p.m.. Thanks so much.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 22, 2017
@ happyday plz do u av any mail format I can use to get grad advisor cuz I sent alot already no reply
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 11:49am On Jul 22, 2017
tescoman90:
@ happyday plz do u av any mail format I can use to get grad advisor cuz I sent alot already no reply

How did you write the emails?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
happyday:

How did you write the emails?

I will send u a sample 2tru ur mail
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by FiveNaira: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
OGreene:
You can pm me if you want to try with mpower. My friend knows the process very well.

Thanks. I already did
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fran6ik: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
Good day elders in this forum,
I know i am late to the class, i recently graduated from the university here in Nigeria (Chemical Engineering (B.ENG) i need assistance on procedures to apply for masters of chemical engineering (M.ENG) in the U.S or Canada.
My CGPA is 4.15/5.0

i know of Georgia Institute of Technology, USA and University of British Columbia, Canada
I have a International Passport already, and have tried to make some searches on schools offering my course.

I will want to know what is required for me to achieve my dream?
Also, which university is suggested for me in terms of cost of living and tuition fee.

(As per normal naija factor, i will be going for the cheapest in US or the Cheapest in Canada)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by frcxs(m): 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

You can send me a pm

I just sent you a PM boss, just started preparations for my GRE. Will appreciate if you can share the materials with me.

Thanks, God bless.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TooMuchSauce: 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
frcxs:

I just sent you a PM boss, just started preparations for my GRE. Will appreciate if you can share the materials with me.

Thanks, God bless.

Done bro.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MrChillz(m): 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fran6ik:
Good day elders in this forum,
I know i am late to the class, i recently graduated from the university here in Nigeria (Chemical Engineering (B.ENG) i need assistance on procedures to apply for masters of chemical engineering (M.ENG) in the U.S or Canada.
My CGPA is 4.15/5.0

i know of Georgia Institute of Technology, USA and University of British Columbia, Canada
I have a International Passport already, and have tried to make some searches on schools offering my course.

I will want to know what is required for me to achieve my dream?
Also, which university is suggested for me in terms of cost of living and tuition fee.

(As per normal naija factor, i will be going for the cheapest in US or the Cheapest in Canada)

You've got a good GPA.
Start by taking the GRE and TOEFL. Ace it and you'd have limitless opportunities.

You could look at

Louisiana state university
University of Nebraska Lincoln
Texas A&M College station
University of Cincinnati
University of Connecticut
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fran6ik: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
MrChillz:

You've got a good GPA.
Start by taking the GRE and TOEFL. Ace it and you'd have limitless opportunities.

You could look at

Louisiana state university
University of Nebraska Lincoln
Texas A&M College station
University of Cincinnati
University of Connecticut

Thanks alot sir.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 23, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

Check your email

Thanks boss, believe me; after looking at the material I became afraid, seriously. the thing many ehn!
Just to tip in, I have really fought a lot in obtaining scholarships in Europe and in the UK, but each time I try, I always get a disappointing outcome.
so after speaking to a friend, he advised me to go get a GRE and fire on for funding an assistantship positions in the US Varsities.
So please house, I need your advice on the following:
1) how to hit a good GRE score
2) Schools that can readily offer graduate funding
without demanding for a TOEFL test score(waiver for English Language Requirements)
3) Best time to hit the nails on the head
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TooMuchSauce: 9:20am On Jul 23, 2017
nibrainengine:

Thanks boss, believe me; after looking at the material I became afraid, seriously. the thing many ehn!
Just to tip in, I have really fought a lot in obtaining scholarships in Europe and in the UK, but each time I try, I always get a disappointing outcome.
so after speaking to a friend, he advised me to go get a GRE and fire on for funding an assistantship positions in the US Varsities.
So please house, I need your advice on the following:
1) how to hit a good GRE score
2) Schools that can readily offer graduate funding
without demanding for a TOEFL test score(waiver for English Language Requirements)
3) Best time to hit the nails on the head

P.S: I'm a graduate of Civil Engineering, with a CGPA of 4.36/5.0 (3.62/4.0 according to WES free evaluator).

Honestly, no one has all the answers.You'd have to find the little details out through continuous and dedicated research on graduate schools in the U.S(this thread and the visa thread would suffice). But on a general note, my advice would be:
1) Don't even let the voluminous materials overwhelm you loo, you'd be needing just a few. I'd suggest you study these for ur GRE (in no particular order)
*The ETS official guide to the GRE (I think there's a new edition out now,if you can get that, good for you!)
*ETS verbal and quant guides
*Manhattan 5lb
*Manhattan 8 series
*Kaplan is pretty good for strategies on tackling the verbal and AWA sections
*Download the ready4GRE app, magoosh vocab flash cards and the memrise apps
*visit vocabulary.com too (Vocabs may be a little overrated though,but u'll have to learn 1000 words at least to build confidence)
*Miscellaneous materials like RC 99 and NOVA math bible would suffice.
2) For schools that waive TOEFL, I'm only sure about Tennessee tech and Cleveland state uni cos I know people that studied there and didn't write TOEFL. You'll have to find this out yourself, it's explicitly stated on some schools' website, you'll have to contact the admission office/grad advisor to find out about others'.
3) Lol... Best time would be when you start hitting 340/340 consistently on your practice tests.
PS: You have a fresh GPA, a good GRE score will be an icing on the cake. All the best

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by salt1: 9:58am On Jul 23, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

Honestly, no one has all the answers.You'd have to find the little details out through continuous and dedicated research on graduate schools in the U.S(this thread and the visa thread would suffice). But on a general note, my advice would be:
1) Don't even let the voluminous materials overwhelm you loo, you'd be needing just a few. I'd suggest you study these for ur GRE (in no particular order)
*The ETS official guide to the GRE (I think there's a new edition out now,if you can get that, good for you!)
*Manhattan 5lb
*Manhattan 8 series
*visit vocabulary.com too (Vocabs may be a little overrated though,but u'll have to learn 1000 words at least to build confidence)
2) For schools that waive TOEFL, I'm only sure about Tennessee tech and Cleveland state uni cos I know people that studied there and didn't write TOEFL. You'll have to find this out yourself, it's explicitly stated on some schools' website, you'll have to contact the admission office/grad advisor to find out about others'.
3) Lol... Best time would be when you start hitting 340/340 consistently on your practice tests.
PS: You have a fresh GPA, a good GRE score will be an icing on the cake. All the best

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by frcxs(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

Done bro.

Seen, Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 23, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

*Manhattan 5lb
*Manhattan 8 series

God bless you bro... You've been most helpful
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by guysmilee134: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
Good day, I am preparing to take the GRE exams in September and I need all the materials I can get please can you guys send them to me. My email is guysmilee134@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
Please guys,I would like to have relevant materials for study..
nigerianforums@gmail.com
Thanks I'm grateful.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Levels731: 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hello gurus in the noble forum, please I would need assistance in securing GRE study materials. ifeanyijoshua51@gmail.com...... Please I would really appreciate support from any good Samaritan that can be of assistance.
Thanks in advance
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TooMuchSauce: 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
nibrainengine:

God bless you bro... You've been most helpful
Always my pleasure man.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dawbbleOuEi: 2:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
Well done, TooMuchSauce. When are you giving?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fran6ik: 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
Please, i want to know, if i take GRE test by september, can i still use same result in years to come? Thanks all.
Also, USA and CANADA, which is better in terms of funding? (Going for Masters in Engineering)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amofum(m): 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
SenseiVoyles:

Thanks I'll do just that.

Thanks. I understand my research experience is very limited although could it help that I have a published paper presented at an international paper contest?. And the research group I was under was quite rigorous under the supervision of multiple profs with funding from a major IOC.
Please what European Universities would you suggest especially outside the UK with good funding options. Not too familiar with their processes, maybe iFP?
Thanks and sorry for the bother.

See my signature, let's chat on Whatsapp. Research experience can be compensated for.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amofum(m): 5:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fran6ik:
Please, i want to know, if i take GRE test by september, can i still use same result in years to come? Thanks all.
Also, USA and CANADA, which is better in terms of funding? (Going for Masters in Engineering)

Yours scores are valid for 60 months
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TooMuchSauce: 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
dawbbleOuEi:
Well done, TooMuchSauce. When are you giving?
August

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Dreal4mula: 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
Please can someone suggest where to register for the GRE at a very reduced cost ?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyroyalty: 10:05pm On Jul 23, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

Sure. Send me a pm so I can send them to your mail
Thanks you can send the videos to princealiga@gmail.com.

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.