Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,586 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1345411 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Winstar: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
shakaz:
I have a link with all the videos on google doc. If you are interested drop your contact and I would share you the link on whatsapp.
please I'd like that too
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Houston17(m): 9:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
shakaz:
I have a link with all the videos on google doc. If you are interested drop your contact and I would share you the link on whatsapp.

Kindly share with me, 08164591796
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Akintunde91: 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
Kindly share. 0706mmm4
shakaz:
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tomiwaa(m): 6:48am On Aug 18, 2018
Shakaz please any materials can be shared here. That is why we have this platform here and not on whatsapp. Let's not spam this thread with phone numbers..

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Houston17(m): 10:53am On Aug 18, 2018
how much do you charge for GRE Subject Test(Mathematics) and do you have materials that could help with the test?

Cc:ponpon
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by shakaz(m): 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2018
omofola93:
.Thank you, you can send it to my mail. Omofolarx@gmail.com.
sent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by shakaz(m): 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2018
Tomiwaa:
Shakaz please any materials can be shared here. That is why we have this platform here and not on whatsapp. Let's not spam this thread with phone numbers..
Y'all can edit out your numbers.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-ii97JplpxMdzhHNnYxSUlPOEE

That's the link

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 4gunners(m): 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2018
I really need TOEFL materials. Anyone that has should do a brother a favor.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2018
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by twittycutey(f): 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2018
[quote author=Spotlighte post=70365810]Gosh! Finally got to the page 396 of this thread and boy, am I glad I did?

I looked back at the two questions I asked here and it's hard not to feel embarrassed. I mean, all of the answers were just lying everywhere on the thread. grin

I literally feel like I know most of you already by following your stories from the days of your GRE and TOEFL, your test days, expectations, disappointments, your acceptance in various schools, visa interviews and how you're coping in the country of study. Like I already said, I am very glad for the experience.

I am writing the GRE in October, and I haven't read jack. I will start classes on Monday that'll run six weeks for the GRE and four weeks for the TOEFL (all done together). I already went through the materials I got from B.Y Mafit and I don't know how to feel - confused? scared? worried? I don't know.

Please, I need as much encouragement as possible. If there are other people who are applying for Fall 2019 who haven't written the GRE yet, please say something as I'd need as much motivation as possible. In fact, let's motivate each other.

My profile:
Undergraduate GPA: 4.11/5
Course studied: Mass Communication
Intended course for Fall 2019: Advertising
GRE: -
TOEFL: -

I can't wait to give my testimony on here also.

P.S. If there is anyone going for an Advertising course in any US school, please holler. I'm yet to see anybody who is currently studying or wants to study Adverstising in the US (both here and the USA visa thread). All I see are tons of STEM courses and few communication courses.
[/quoteHello, glad to know you have finally decided to take gre. Taking classes with by mafia too. You will get used to the classes. Hope to meet you if you are starting on Monday. But I am applying for nursing though. Fall 2019, yes we can

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jojutolu(m): 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2018
Hi all,

Welldone for the great job on this thread.

I tried to use Grubber to prepare for my GRE Mathematics section, but I have not been finding some 'signs' funny in the book. I do not seem familiar with them. The most prominent one resembles '5' like this. Does anyone have this same encounter?

Can u kindly help me out? Do you suggest another text that is less cumbersome. Kindly reply please.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Spotlighte: 6:33pm On Aug 18, 2018
Thank you so much twittycutey. When do you intend writing the GRE?

I hope to see you too.

#Fall2019
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Delesta2015: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2018
Try NOVA GRE MATH BIBLE.
jojutolu:
Hi all,

Welldone for the great job on this thread.

I tried to use Grubber to prepare for my GRE Mathematics section, but I have not been finding some 'signs' funny in the book. I do not seem familiar with them. The most prominent one resembles '5' like this. Does anyone have this same encounter?

Can u kindly help me out? Do you suggest another text that is less cumbersome. Kindly reply please.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by twittycutey(f): 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2018
Spotlighte:
Thank you so much twittycutey. When do you intend writing the GRE?

I hope to see you too.

#Fall2019
Nov 7 .

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kloneboi: 12:16am On Aug 19, 2018
Please send to ben.chinechem@gmail. Thanks
ponpon:
World people please don’t spam my email. Gre reg/ Toefl reg/ Sat reg. Don’t tell me what you feel or miss. You need materials I can help. All materials available for the prep paid and free but please don’t spam me!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 2:33am On Aug 19, 2018
Houston17:
how much do you charge for GRE Subject Test(Mathematics) and do you have materials that could help with the test?

Cc:ponpon
I’ll get back in a giffy. Concluding the reg of men from on here ...Abeg any other person with unfinished transact ?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kloneboi: 7:09am On Aug 19, 2018
Hi ponpon please how do I register for GRE AND TOEFL? Kindly provided info.on this is my first attempt
ponpon:
I’ll get back in a giffy. Concluding the reg of men from on here ...Abeg any other person with unfinished transact ?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chaiks: 8:19am On Aug 19, 2018
Honestly this thread is quite helpful. After many months of fear, I have decided to take the gre. my fear is that am not all that smart in mathematics having come from a social science background. I don't know if there is a similar person here.my profile reads
undergrad in history and international studies 4.49/5
ielts 6.5
intended masters courses- international relations, peace and conflict studies, international development studies.

how best should I prepare to pass please?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jojutolu(m): 12:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
Delesta2015:
Try NOVA GRE MATH BIBLE.

Oookay. Thanks bro.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glocal1: 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
chaiks:
Honestly this thread is quite helpful. After many months of fear, I have decided to take the gre. my fear is that am not all that smart in mathematics having come from a social science background. I don't know if there is a similar person here.my profile reads
undergrad in history and international studies 4.49/5
ielts 6.5
intended masters courses- international relations, peace and conflict studies, international development studies.

how best should I prepare to pass please?
First check for schools in USA offering your intended or a related course.
Then check for the admission requirements to know which of GRE /TOEFL/GMAT is/are required.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2018
Kloneboi:
Hi ponpon please how do I register for GRE AND TOEFL? Kindly provided info.on this is my first attempt
Create an ets Gre and toefl profile for both then email me sir and ready the cash. Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DONPablosugar: 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
Ezehrobinson:

Hello bosses,
I finally wrote the GRE yesterday.
Here are my takes/advise for forthcoming test takers;

At the end of the day, I was able to achieve my target score and went home happy
So Spring 2019 is getting set

Bros ... pls what was your final score. inspire me with it na.

plus do you mean its possible to apply to a school without sending in your GRE scores even if it is part of the requirements for processing your admission in a particular school... this is because you said you wrote thr gre after you filed your SOP, LOR etc to the school.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jamanuka: 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2018
jamanuka:
Hi People,

I took my GRE yesterday and it was quite satisfactory. I will share more on my experience and possible tips when I get my official result.

Your posts were key to my success. Let’s jeep sharing for the benefit of others.

Regards,

Hi People,

So I was waiting to get my official scores to ensure any info I was putting out won’t be incorrect.

I took my GRE on Aug 10th at JKK house and scored a 326 ( V167, Q159), AWA 4/6.

The following materials helped with my study;
Verbal
- Magoosh GRE flashcards ( I used this while in the bus, boring meeting, toilet, intact any free time I had)
- Manhattan 5lb. The RC is really damn good and exposes you to all the tricks you will need on tests day. The RC and TC are good too.
- Official materials. The other books focus on heavily on vocabulary but the official materials helps you learn usage of words. Keep an eye on the tips in the sentences so as to know the right word to use in that context.

Quant
- Manhattan 5lbs. Go through all the questions here. It pays to review thoroughly any question you got wrong.
- Official materials. The questions here are good too.

It will also be good to point out that I was already studying for GMAT before switching to GRE. That helped with the quant and RC in verbal.

Practice tests are quite important. I took the two powerprep tests and also bought Manhattan practice tests (has about 6 tests).

Finally I will love to say something about registration. I know it saves money to register with the guys that do it at a low price but again consider this what if you run into problems with that and your account gets blocked. Between the trouble of having your account blocked which means you might no longer realize your American dream and the extra naira you might pay for registration, which is worth it.

Let’s keep sharing our experiences so others can learn. The things I read on this thread greatly aided with my preparations.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by a4pelumi: 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2018
Please what special technique did you use for your verbal section, you had a great score in that section. @jamanuka

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glocal1: 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2018
jamanuka:

Hi People,

So I was waiting to get my official scores to ensure any info I was putting out won’t be incorrect.

I took my GRE on Aug 10th at JKK house and scored a 326 ( V167, Q159), AWA 4/6.

The following materials helped with my study;
Verbal
- Magoosh GRE flashcards ( I used this while in the bus, boring meeting, toilet, intact any free time I had)
- Manhattan 5lb. The RC is really damn good and exposes you to all the tricks you will need on tests day. The RC and TC are good too.
- Official materials. The other books focus on heavily on vocabulary but the official materials helps you learn usage of words. Keep an eye on the tips in the sentences so as to know the right word to use in that context.

Quant
- Manhattan 5lbs. Go through all the questions here. It pays to review thoroughly any question you got wrong.
- Official materials. The questions here are good too.

It will also be good to point out that I was already studying for GMAT before switching to GRE. That helped with the quant and RC in verbal.

Practice tests are quite important. I took the two powerprep tests and also bought Manhattan practice tests (has about 6 tests).

Finally I will love to say something about registration. I know it saves money to register with the guys that do it at a low price but again consider this what if you run into problems with that and your account gets blocked. Between the trouble of having your account blocked which means you might no longer realize your American dream and the extra naira you might pay for registration, which is worth it.

Let’s keep sharing our experiences so others can learn. The things I read on this thread greatly aided with my preparations.
Congrats and wish you success all through the way.
Please what materials were you studying for the the GMAT before switching to the GRE.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jamanuka: 11:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
a4pelumi:
Please what special technique did you use for your verbal section, you had a great score in that section. @jamanuka

I was actually surprised at that score to be honest. However, I didn’t do anything special apart from what I already shared.

Maybe constant practice and understanding why exactly I got a question wrong and work to avoid such made the difference.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jamanuka: 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
Glocal1:
Congrats and wish you success all through the way.
Please what materials were you studying for the the GMAT before switching to the GRE.
Mostly Manhattan materials, Magoosh and gmatclub.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by shakaz(m): 12:09am On Aug 20, 2018
jamanuka:

Mostly Manhattan materials, Magoosh and gmatclub.com
Congratulations Jamanuka. I would like to enquire if the manhattan 6 test you purchased is still active. My test is in few days time and I would need full length test to practice. I don't mind paying for it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.