Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1345159 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pronto543(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2018
Good morning great people,

I contacted a Prof in Purdue University (Ecological & Environmental Engineering) about the possibility of working under as a research assistant in his lab. He replied and asked if I have the ability to apply for Fulbright Scholarship.

Please, is there any Fulbright Scholar in the house. I just need your inputs and information about it so I will know how to reply him.

My profile:

B.Eng (Agric & Bioresorces Engr)--> 4.06/5.0 (~3.5/4.0)
M.Sc (Agric & Environmental Engr)---> 5.4/7.0 (~3.4/4.0)
1 published Journal article
Proposed program: PhD in Environmental Engr

I eagerly wait your responses. Thank you all

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kennykolabo: 8:58am On Aug 27, 2018
Tried sending you a PM but couldn’t. Will like to contact you bro
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 11:03am On Aug 27, 2018
pronto543:
Good morning great people,

I contacted a Prof in Purdue University (Ecological & Environmental Engineering) about the possibility of working under as a research assistant in his lab. He replied and asked if I have the ability to apply for Fulbright Scholarship.

Please, is there any Fulbright Scholar in the house. I just need your inputs and information about it so I will know how to reply him.

My profile:

B.Eng (Agric & Bioresorces Engr)--> 4.06/5.0 (~3.5/4.0)
M.Sc (Agric & Environmental Engr)---> 5.4/7.0 (~3.4/4.0)
1 published Journal article
Proposed program: PhD in Environmental Engr

I eagerly wait your responses. Thank you all

Wow. Nice one. Contact godG. Just search for his profile. I think he's a fulbright scholar. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by sillysassysally(f): 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
Registering with B.Y. Mafit gives you access to free classes, textbooks and 1 month worth of Magoosh premium access!

Remen:
pls answer anyone. I wanna know d difference btw direct ets registration and that of BYMAFIT and PONPON
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2018
Congratulations Quoran!

Great Man! Scholastica16. You are over helpful here!

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2018
Congratulations Quoran!

Great Man! Scholastica16. Your inputs are very helpful here!

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2018
Yen Yen Yen
sillysassysally:
Registering with B.Y. Mafit gives you access to free classes, textbooks and 1 month worth of Magoosh premium access!

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
ponpon:
Yen Yen Yen

Ejanla! What's up? What extras come with yours?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pronto543(m): 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
MasterforceII:

Wow. Nice one. Contact godG. Just search for his profile. I think he's a fulbright scholar. Goodluck

Thank you dearly bro. I have contacted him.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2018
Scholastica16:

Canadian visa takes about 4 months to process of which you are a silent appellant considering you submit documents and wait. In US, in the 4 months wait, you can try and fail say 3 or 4 times. US schools are hard to gain admission into for MSc, PhD and undergraduate programs. M.Eng and professional degrees however are not that difficult owning to relaxed admission policies.
I'm sorry,do you mean 4 weeks cause I saw here on naira land people getting their visas in two weeks or so. plus it says it takes 3 weeks to process a visa on their website.
and I don't think the visa processing time is a factor in deciding if indeed Canadian visa is difficult to get
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
1001 extras and more! Super undilited OT! All the materials you can think.....and its cheaper. Above all, find what works for you! That's why there are so many authors out there but the proper orientation is sacrosanct
mfarad:

Ejanla! What's up? What extras come with yours?

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by blessurance(m): 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2018
Quoran:
Hello Guys. I guess everyone has settled in ? For those still trying to getting admission and funding, don't give up. Those of us who have benefited from here will do our best in helping others too.

By the way,I did change my school to Stanford. Remember the guy I was always mailing at Stanford? He was able to get funding for me as one of his prospective students left for Cambridge in the UK. So I'm super elated and glad. Though I wasted some money processing stuff to go to TAMU, I'm optimistic going to Stanford is worth it.

Big congratulations, a very big one!! Go and excel and put our country on the global map!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DARKLASER: 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
Scholastica16:

They probably won't respond to you because the answer is on this thread. Paying directly to ETS you will pay via a PayPal bank account connected to your main bank who will charge you $205 at the subsisting exchange rate which is like #360-365. Which means you pay $205×360/365 ~ #73.5K

If you pay via BY MAFIT you get charged #50K. They are well-known and are a licenced GRE etc. agency. If you pay via PonPon, you pay #45K. He is a firstclass grad, former Akokaite, currently doing his MSc in the US. A seasoned vet of this thread and one whom all those who have registered through him say he is above-board in his dealings.

It is a function of trust factor and your pocket. You don't get extra marks for using ETS for e.g.
Wow, so Sir ponpon na fellow akokaite, well-done sir, your boy just finished last year. I greet you scholastica. Going through your story on this thread from fall 2017 was interesting to say the least. More grace Sir.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2018
Humble akokite sir!!! Omo marine!!! Omo jaja, mairere, sodeinde, eni njoku and elka. Na only biobaku I no stay
DARKLASER:

Wow, so Sir ponpon na fellow akokaite, well-done sir, your boy just finished last year. I greet you scholastica. Going through your story on this thread from fall 2017 was interesting to say the least. More grace Sir.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2018
ponpon:
Humble akokite sir!!! Omo marine!!! Omo jaja, mairere, sodeinde, eni njoku and elka. Na only biobaku I no stay
You finished from Marine Science?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 4gunners(m): 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
Congrat Quoran. Natural law just took it course. If you're selfless, doors will open.
Quoran:
Hello Guys. I guess everyone has settled in ? For those still trying to getting admission and funding, don't give up. Those of us who have benefited from here will do our best in helping others too.

By the way,I did change my school to Stanford. Remember the guy I was always mailing at Stanford? He was able to get funding for me as one of his prospective students left for Cambridge in the UK. So I'm super elated and glad. Though I wasted some money processing stuff to go to TAMU, I'm optimistic going to Stanford is worth it.

5 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Josonas: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
I am yet to receive your reply(via mail).
Olalekank:
Jaja still dey Mariere still dey Sodeinde don expensive, na 60k. Best hall Elka don cast, rebuilding since 2016 Biobaku still dey
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 4:22am On Aug 28, 2018
Yes sir
Olalekank:

Jaja still dey
Mariere still dey
Sodeinde don expensive, na 60k. Best hall
Elka don cast, rebuilding since 2016
Biobaku still dey
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by damoskiy(m): 4:40am On Aug 28, 2018
Ex Unilag marine sciences students...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by sillysassysally(f): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2018
What else do you have to offer?
ponpon:
Yen Yen Yen
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fabyom: 11:58am On Aug 28, 2018
Any Unilorin Alumni guys here
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by afroxyz: 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
Please what are the best books to read for Quant and Verbal and where can I get these books in Lagos, plus cost. Plz help a brother
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kekenation(m): 5:12pm On Aug 28, 2018
Yeah am here
fabyom:
Any Unilorin Alumni guys here
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by afroxyz: 5:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
Quoran:
Schrodinger1,let me be honest with you. You need to check your choice of schools again. The first three are extremely competitive. Even with perfect GRE scores nothing is guaranteed. Those are the best schools in the land for Petroleum Engineering. Try Texas Tech ,LSU and Oklahoma also. They are a bit less competitive.

Make sure the other three accept direct PhD. Also check for funding opportunities. All the best.

Are they more competitive that the Stanford you got into?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fabyom: 5:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
kekenation:
Yeah am here
yes boss! Better by far. How ur side
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fabyom: 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
afroxyz:

Are they more competitive that the Stanford you got into?
Are you trying to sarcastic or what?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by haywhizzy21(m): 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2018
ponpon:

Na him I suppose sabi u ponpon... U know profojah?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by haywhizzy21(m): 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2018
ponpon:

Na him b say I suppose sabi u ponpon... U know profojah?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by afroxyz: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2018
fabyom:
Are you trying to sarcastic or what?

Nope. My point is for someone that got into Stanford, he shouldn't be discouraging people because the school is 'competitive'. He is already implying that the applicant is not good enough hence suggesting schools of a lower-tier. I find it absurd. Are we going to The US through school or are we going to School in the US?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2018
Yes sir. Na my senior egbon.
haywhizzy21:

Na him b say I suppose sabi u ponpon... U know profojah?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DARKLASER: 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2018
ponpon:
Lol, boss I hail. You be godfather to live in all these hostels.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 11:22pm On Aug 28, 2018
afroxyz:

Nope. My point is for someone that got into Stanford, he shouldn't be discouraging people because the school is 'competitive'. He is already implying that the applicant is not good enough hence suggesting schools of a lower-tier. I find it absurd. Are we going to The US through school or are we going to School in the US?

Easy man! You missed the point. Nowhere did Quoran discourage Schrodinger1 from applying to the aforementioned schools. Depending on one's profile, grad school selection can be ambitious, moderate or safe.
What exactly is your point with the bolded?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.