Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1347367 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Josonas: 10:29am On Sep 08, 2018
Thanks Quoran & Delesta.I will do just that.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bioemmy: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2018
To the gurus in the house, what are my chances of getting a straight PhD admission with funding in the USA?

I have a bsc in Microbiology (4.46/5) with 2 publications yet to be published.

Gradually preparing for my GRE
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2018
bioemmy:
To the gurus in the house, what are my chances of getting a straight PhD admission with funding in the USA?

Yes it's possible.
Your GPA is really good. With a good personal statement, good letters of recommendation and stellar test scores you stand a great chance. But you'll need to also contact potential supervisors with similar research interests.
Read through this thread and you wouldn't regret it.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Campuslink: 6:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
If you need relevant GRE or GMAT study materials, you can drop your email at sales@mcfedututors.com. Some members have got theirs.
You can also check our webiste, www.mcfedututors.com, for more resources
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tomiwaa(m): 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2018
Quoran, TheGrandChemist ét al please drop your settling in experience for boys here. Make we see as ẹ dey go with una. #Fall2019 Jí Masun.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Officialhow(m): 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
ponpon:
send email patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com
I already sent a mail
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by omolorlarh: 12:22am On Sep 09, 2018
omolorlarh:

Is it advisable to contact them even if your course does not require it?

please please please.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by elevatedmind: 2:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
omolorlarh:

please please please.

Is it a STEM course, if yes, contacting them is in your best interest. You will be able to ascertain if it will be worthwhile spending your hard earned money on that school (you will be able to know if the Prof that is working in your area of research is taking a new student and if he has funding). Like checkout a scenario where you indicate in your SOP that you want to work with say "Prof A" because he does research in "project B" but then Prof A is retiring, on sabbatical or has no funding. Contacting him prior to submitting your app will enable you be smart and maybe change research interest or school.

Another advantage of contacting POI is you will be able to sell yourself ahead of other candidates. Like after reading 2/3 of his publications and showing him you know your stuff, the Prof might pick interest in you and maybe request for a Zoom/Skype conversation. Such will give you a boost during the admission decision because the Prof might fight for you if he thinks you are a good fit for his research group.

There are many other cases, these are the ones I can remember based on my very little knowledge..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by elevatedmind: 2:43pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hello all!!

I have a friend - a med student in year four. He wants to specialize in US after completing his MBBS here. Please, I would like to know the path doctors take. I am thinking writing the GRE and TOEFL then applying for a Master's in Public Health; then on getting there, they complete the MS in Public Health and go on to specialize. Please, anyone with knowledge should enlighten me and if possible, point me to someone that has done similar stuff on this trend.

Thanks a lot. I look forward to your replies.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by omolorlarh: 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
elevatedmind:

Is it a STEM course, if yes, contacting them is in your best interest. You will be able to ascertain if it will be worthwhile spending your hard earned money on that school (you will be able to know if the Prof that is working in your area of research is taking a new student and if he has funding). Like checkout a scenario where you indicate in your SOP that you want to work with say "Prof A" because he does research in "project B" but then Prof A is retiring, on sabbatical or has no funding. Contacting him prior to submitting your app will enable you be smart and maybe change research interest or school.

Another advantage of contacting POI is you will be able to sell yourself ahead of other candidates. Like after reading 2/3 of his publications and showing him you know your stuff, the Prof might pick interest in you and maybe request for a Zoom/Skype conversation. Such will give you a boost during the admission decision because the Prof might fight for you if he thinks you are a good fit for his research group.

There are many other cases, these are the ones I can remember based on my very little knowledge..
Thank you very much
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by elevatedmind: 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2018
omolorlarh:

Thank you very much

UWC
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Reconciled2003: 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hello, Nlanders!
I graduated in Mechanical Engineering with a GPA of 4 of 5. I have the zeal for continuous education. Is my grade high enough to pursue a Master's degree in the U.S? Or I should first have my Master's in Nigeria and later apply for PhD in the U.S.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by elevatedmind: 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2018
Reconciled2003:
Hello, Nlanders!
I graduated in Mechanical Engineering with a GPA of 4 of 5. I have the zeal for continuous education. Is my grade high enough to pursue a Master's degree in the U.S? Or I should first have my Master's in Nigeria and later apply for PhD in the U.S.

It's high enough for an M.S. and even a direct PhD. I will advice you read the trend from page 1 - the present page.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Deanny(m): 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2018
Is there no runs for gre?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 4:34am On Sep 10, 2018
Probably seen and responded sir!
Officialhow:

I already sent a mail
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 4:36am On Sep 10, 2018
There is runs sir. Check the first page of this thread and read till this page, you will find it...
Deanny:
Is there no runs for gre?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 4:36am On Sep 10, 2018
Waste your time not sir... x greater than 2 points CGPA gets fully funded on this end sir!!!!
Reconciled2003:
Hello, Nlanders!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 4:37am On Sep 10, 2018
Not bad, but med programs cancelling the GRE requirement... use the searchbox
elevatedmind:
Hello all!!

I have a friend - a med student in year four. He wants to specialize in US after completing his MBBS here. Please, I would like to know the path doctors take. I am thinking writing the GRE and TOEFL then applying for a Master's in Public Health; then on getting there, they complete the MS in Public Health and go on to specialize. Please, anyone with knowledge should enlighten me and if possible, point me to someone that has done similar stuff on this trend.

Thanks a lot. I look forward to your replies.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 4:38am On Sep 10, 2018
Very high!!! and why you sleep many people are applying already... Major micro programs no longer need the GRE
bioemmy:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by AYORICH: 9:09am On Sep 10, 2018
Must someone have a publication before securing admission
ponpon:
Very high!!! and why you sleep many people are applying already... Major micro programs no longer need the GRE
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 10, 2018
AYORICH:
Must someone have a publication before securing admission

No it is not compulsory but it obviously boosts your chances and profile

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by brabrit: 9:43am On Sep 10, 2018
Brabrit Limited (RC:1344148).
Register for all your international examinations like #SAT #TOEFL #IELTS #GRE #GMAT #PTE with us.
60. Allen Avenue, Allen, Ikeja, Lagos. 09060001600, 08090600800, 08070600800.
Or visit www.myinternationalexams.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by olajyde60(m): 11:49am On Sep 10, 2018
dcutey:

Danjaninja, please invite me to the GRE facebook group. My email is olajideogundimu12@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lolokike: 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hello, please hope University at Buffalo is not on the embassy blacklist?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Deanny(m): 10:18pm On Sep 10, 2018
ponpon:
There is runs sir. Check the first page of this thread and read till this page, you will find it...
Didnt see anything still. Plesse can you quote it
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OmichaelO: 7:44am On Sep 11, 2018
Deanny:
you didn't get the sarcasm. Sadly!

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by omolorlarh: 8:04am On Sep 11, 2018
Deanny:
What he is trying to tell you is NO RUNS. Read from page 1 to the last page, you will find all the informations you need.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Deanny(m): 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
omolorlarh:

What he is trying to tell you is NO RUNS. Read from page 1 to the last page, you will find all the informations you need.
thank you

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fabyom: 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2018
ponpon:
Waste your time not sir... x greater than 2 points CGPA gets fully funded on this end sir!!!!
Bro of life. My younger brother just graduated with a 4.42 cgpa in Physics Education. Please which school can he get full funding for MSC/PhD Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ayodeji481(m): 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hi fellas. Please how can i get a publication related to my final year project published?

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.