Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,171 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1345262 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 3:39pm On Apr 28, 2019
Time2win:
Finally, I am done with the admission/funding hustle. Got a fully funded PhD Chemistry offer from University of Kentucky and Michigan Tech University with good stipends. I am thinking of taking University of Kentucky offer over Michigan Technological University offer. What do you guys think?
Ceteris paribus University of Kentucky.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mtope: 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2019
I am also looking to do PhD in biomedical science or molecular biology. According to the information I got you need GRE for biomedical science although they don't require very very high scores. That doesn't mean that you will not be able to find one that does not require GRE it means writing GRE will improve your chances in a university and city that you really do want.
Emeritusseun:
Good day everyone,

I heard some schools in the US have started waiving GRE for graduate study in Biomedical sciences , does anyone know of such schools?

My Profile:

BSc Human Anatomy,

CGPA is 4.34 of 5

Two unpublished research work

One year working experience as Graduate assistant

3 years working experience till date

TOEFL score 90

Proposed courses of study :

PhD Cell and Molecular Biology

PhD Human Anatomy and Cell biology

PhD Biomedical Science

PhD Genomics.

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Emeritusseun(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2019
mtope:
I am also looking to do PhD in biomedical science or molecular biology. According to the information I got you need GRE for biomedical science although they don't require very very high scores. That doesn't mean that you will not be able to find one that does not require GRE it means writing GRE will improve your chances in a university and city that you really do want.

Thanks mtope.

I actually took GRE last year, and thr test was so horrible that I don't want to write it again. My score too was low, 290. So no school would accept that, hence I am looking for waiver
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mtope: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2019
If i find any school that waves GRE for biomedical science I will mention it here.
Emeritusseun:

Thanks mtope.

I actually took GRE last year, and thr test was so horrible that I don't want to write it again. My score too was low, 290. So no school would accept that, hence I am looking for waiver
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Campuslink: 7:04am On Apr 30, 2019
For affordable and instant registration for TOEFL or GRE, please call 08098180021
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Campuslink: 7:12am On Apr 30, 2019
Emeritusseun:

Thanks mtope.

Not as low you adjudge yourself! Many accredited schools will gladly accept 290 for some programs. e.g Wright State University and many others

For affordable and instant registration for TOEFL or GRE, call 08098180021

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hybeenoni: 10:36am On Apr 30, 2019
So funding finally came in from Texas tech university for my MSc Mathematics

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Anfieldboss: 11:52am On Apr 30, 2019
hybeenoni:

Wow. Congratulations.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mtope: 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
Congratulations
hybeenoni:
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Emeritusseun(m): 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
Campuslink:

Not as low you adjudge yourself! Many accredited schools will gladly accept 290 for some programs. e.g Wright State University and many others

For affordable and instant registration for TOEFL or GRE, call 08098180021

Thank you so much. I appreciate
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by misstemi2(f): 9:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
Emeritusseun:

Thanks mtope.

You can also try new Mexico state university and Mississippi state university

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Emeritusseun(m): 9:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
misstemi2:
You can also try new Mexico state university and Mississippi state university

Thanks so much. I appreciate
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dayoseun70: 1:37pm On May 01, 2019
Time2win:
Finally, I am done with the admission/funding hustle. Got a fully funded PhD Chemistry offer from University of Kentucky and Michigan Tech University with good stipends. I am thinking of taking University of Kentucky offer over Michigan Technological University offer. What do you guys think?

Hello Bro, I'm a graduate of industrial chemistry from FUTA CGPA 4.01/5. I sent you a pm. I'd like to discus with you please, Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topstarr: 2:21pm On May 01, 2019
Please I'll need someone to put me through this entire process. A private chat will really be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 1:08am On May 02, 2019
Read from first page
Topstarr:
Please I'll need someone to put me through this entire process. A private chat will really be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Slidz2: 12:58pm On May 02, 2019
Hello everyone, I am new here and this is my very first post on nairaland. How do I go about getting funding for a PhD? I already got admitted into a school in Texas but without funding, I was given a 1000$ scholarship by the department which qualifies me for in-state tuition, I am yet to get a RA/TA job. I didn't even know it was possible to get full funding as an international student, until I started reading from you all. I had 307 in GRE and 117 in Toefl. Is there anything I can do or is it too late for 2019. Thank you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2win(m): 1:08pm On May 02, 2019
Slidz2:
Hello everyone, I am new here and this is my very first post on nairaland. How do I go about getting funding for a PhD? I already got admitted into a school in Texas but without funding, I was given a 1000$ scholarship by the department which qualifies me for in-state tuition, I am yet to get a RA/TA job. I didn't even know it was possible to get full funding as an international student, until I started reading from you all. I had 307 in GRE and 117 in Toefl. Is there anything I can do or is it too late for 2019. Thank you

Which school in Texas? It late though to get TA/RA position but not impossible. You can mail your department to know if they have TA/RA positions you can apply for.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 6:02pm On May 02, 2019
I'll say jump and pass, or re apply. Paying tuition for 4 or 5 years not worth it
Slidz2:

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2win(m): 6:13pm On May 02, 2019
ponpon:
I'll say jump and pass, or re apply. Paying tuition for 4 or 5 years not worth it

Exactly. Msc is better.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Slidz2: 6:26pm On May 02, 2019
Time2win:

Which school in Texas? It late though to get TA/RA position but not impossible. You can mail your department to know if they have TA/RA positions you can apply for.

Thank you for your reply Time2win, its University of Texas school of public health (UTHHouston). I am got admitted fur a PhD in health management and Policy.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Slidz2: 6:28pm On May 02, 2019
ponpon:

Honestly, this sounds so tempting. Is it possible to get funding in Year 2?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2win(m): 6:44pm On May 02, 2019
Slidz2:

Honestly, this sounds so tempting. Is it possible to get funding in Year 2?

It's possible but you can't base your plans on probability
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iyemizee: 8:13pm On May 02, 2019
Hi, please once someone has been offered a scholarship, what's the possibility of one's visa being denied?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by A1gradeeducatio: 8:39pm On May 02, 2019
THE SECRET TO SUCCEEDING IN AN IELTS EXAM - BY A1gradeeducation (www.a1gradeeducation.com)

Many persons who wish to leave the country either for immigration or academic purposes are expected to have an IELTS score, hence the need to write the IELTS exam. But from my wealth of experience as a tutor, I have discovered that most candidates are held down from travelling because of their inability to pass the exam. For some, because of the negative information they have heard, they are even scared to sit for the exam.

However, there is good news. IELTS is not as difficult as you may think. As a seasoned tutor, with over 95% of my candidates succeeding in the test (scoring 7.5 and above), I have deemed it necessary to put together the secret to succeeding in the test on www.a1gradeeducation.com. You don't necessarily need to go to a physical centre or be taught by a physical tutor in order to succeed. All you just need to do is know and employ the tactics for each of the test (writing, reading, speaking and listening).

The website, www.a1gradeeducation.com, is so designed that each test contains simplified explanations that can help you ace the exam. Besides, it contains all you need to know about the IELTS exam and the grading system. So please visit a1gradeeducation.com.

Nevertheless, if you need a physical tutor, you can reach me on 07038536174 or a1gradeeducation@gmail.com.

Please watch out as I will also be adding on the website, www.a1gradeeducation.com, the secret of succeeding in the following exams:

SAT
TOEFL
GRE
GMAT

To learn about the speaking test, please go to:
www.a1gradeeducation.com/2019/04/the-ielts-speaking-test.html?m=1

To learn about the writing test, please go to:
www.a1gradeeducation.com/2019/03/the-ielts-writing-test.html?m=1

Please note that the IELTS writing test is divided into tasks 1 and 2. The task 1 format is different for both the academic and general categories ( you will either sit for the academic or general). Whereas the format for task 2 is the same for both categories.

To learn about the academic task 1 writing, please go to:
www.a1gradeeducation.com/2019/04/writing-task-1-academic.html?m=1

To learn about the general task 1 writing, please go to:
www.a1gradeeducation.com/2019/04/writing-task-1-general.html?m=1

To learn about the writing task 2, please go to:
www.a1gradeeducation.com/2019/04/writing-task-2.html?m=1

To learn about the reading test, please go to:
www.a1gradeeducation.com/2019/03/the-ielts-reading-test.html?m=1

To learn about the listening test, please go to:
www.a1gradeeducation.com/2019/04/the-ielts-listening-test.html?m=1

To learn about the IELTS test format and scoring system, please go to:
www.a1gradeeducation.com/2019/01/ielts-test-format-and-scoring-system.html?m=1

Please kindly share with your contacts.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2win(m): 8:53pm On May 02, 2019
iyemizee:
Hi, please once someone has been offered a scholarship, what's the possibility of one's visa being denied?

Same probability of being approved grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by graciousify(f): 9:01am On May 03, 2019
good morning everyone, please i am sorry to derail but i have a question to ask.
do you know if education USA opportunity funds consider first class finance graduates?
please house, it is urgent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amofum(m): 9:01am On May 03, 2019
Time2win:

Same probability of being approved grin

Even with funding above 50k?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2win(m): 9:17am On May 03, 2019
amofum:

Even with funding above 50k?

Yes... Even with funding above 100k angry . Do you have the required resources?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iamlucky(m): 3:45pm On May 03, 2019
Apply. Although, STEM courses are preferred.
graciousify:
good morning everyone, please i am sorry to derail but i have a question to ask.
do you know if education USA opportunity funds consider first class finance graduates?
please house, it is urgent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by JBNwaeze(m): 6:52pm On May 03, 2019
Hello
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Crane1: 10:10pm On May 03, 2019
Greetings to everyone on this thread, I am new on this thread, and I believe I can get the necessary guide I need on my quest to getting a PhD scholarship to a US school.

Profile: I am a graduate of Engineering Physics, with first class honors (4.51/5). I haven't done MSc yet.
I have 4 years work experience as a Data Analyst, Research and Development Assistant, and as an Educational Consultant.

Below the age of 30.

My proposed choice of course to study till PhD level is in either Material Science and Engineering/Energy Systems/Data Science.

Am planning to sit for GRE exam this year, please I need your advice on the best way for me to secure the scholarship and best school to apply to.

I will welcome all the advice I can get from you all.

Thanks all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.