Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,340 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1347427 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by freshStarz: 8:33am On Sep 18, 2019
Hi
Pls is there a site or so where I can get samples of already written essays for analytical writing section of GRE. My exam is on 25th pls. My preparation has been a rushed one �

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 18, 2019
Harbhmborlar:
Guys, Pls in-mail me if you have a very good grade and GRE score and interested in either Chemical or Biological Engineering. Opportunity is for Spring 2019 pls, dont sleep on it... Let's flood the US with Nigerians this Spring...
if everybody decided to do in mail, Nairaland would've been rendered useless.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by horlahsunbo225(m): 10:43am On Sep 18, 2019
freshStarz:
Hi
Pls is there a site or so where I can get samples of already written essays for analytical writing section of GRE. My exam is on 25th pls. My preparation has been a rushed one �
Check gradcafe and greprepclub

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by freshStarz: 10:57am On Sep 18, 2019
horlahsunbo225:

Check gradcafe and greprepclub

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by intrinsicniyi(m): 11:15am On Sep 18, 2019
freshStarz:
Hi

Hi,

# For Issue Essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhzlaHXHaK4&t=290s

# For Argument Essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFa8oeXXuoA

These 2 videos earned me 4.0 in AWA and I'll recommend it for anyone.

What did I do after watching the videos?

After learning the techniques explained in the aforementioned weblinks, I modeled my test-day essay topics along side the techniques. Additionally, you can read through sample essays in ETS guide to bolster your Analytical Writing Skills

Goodluck!

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by freshStarz: 12:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
intrinsicniyi:

Hi,

# For Issue Essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhzlaHXHaK4&t=290s

# For Argument Essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFa8oeXXuoA

These 2 videos earned me 4.0 in AWA and I'll recommend it for anyone.

What did I did after watching the videos?

After learning the techniques explained in the aforementioned weblinks, I modeled my test-day essay topics along side the techniques. Additionally, you can read through sample essays in ETS guide to bolster your Analytical Writing Skills

Goodluck!

I appreciate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Harbhmborlar(m): 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2019
Do you have you credentials ready...? There is an open position in my school and it's more easier when I approach the Prof directly. You expect me to tell ppl to upload their credentials here? undecided
user4321:
if everybody decided to do in mail, Nairaland would've been rendered useless.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

please share with us your experience and score.
I actually did on the 2nd of May, 2018. I was so distraught by my performance that I couldn't remember much and didn't say much. All the same it was a memorable experience and definitely worth it!! grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2019
freshStarz:
Hi

I will be writing mine on the same day too. Somehow scared of the verbal and analytical section. Where is your venue
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2019
Sherlock5577:

I actually did on the 2nd of May, 2018. I was so distraught by my performance that I couldn't remember much and didn't say much. All the same it was a memorable experience and definitely worth it!! grin

Good but "it was a memorable experience..." is not a score. Please tell us how many months u prepared, ur scores in each section and the rest. U don't have to be shy.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2019
Harbhmborlar:
Do you have you credentials ready...? There is an open position in my school and it's more easier when I approach the Prof directly. You expect me to tell ppl to upload their credentials here? undecided
a lot of funded RA positions are freely posted online, and except your prof is doing Area 51 research I see no reason why it must be secret, or why we must rankadede you to act as our sacred mediator grin grin grin.

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by freshStarz: 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
solastar2:

I will be writing mine on the same day too. Somehow scared of the verbal and analytical section. Where is your venue

Same section I'm giving more energy to
I'm writing in Lagos (VI precisely)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
freshStarz:

Same section I'm giving more energy to
I'm writing in Lagos (VI precisely)

Same centre.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ifeanyimoses: 9:40pm On Sep 18, 2019
Good day nairalanders and I have a question, please I need your opinion as I am not well experienced in this.

Aim: To land full funding/scholarship in Us
Course of Interest: Quantitative finance, Actuarial science, Data science or any applied statistics course.
Bsc: 3.4/4.0 wes conversion
Studied Statistics in Futo.
2yrs + in Access Bank PLC as Data analyst.
Certifications: Banking and finance @ Access School of Excellence, Data science certification @ Microsoft and PWC,
Someone talked me into writing GRE Maths as I have great strength in Maths and doing GRE general test will make me do the verbal which might make me not to score extremely high.

1.Can I get full funding with an extreme high GRE maths subject score in the Us without doing the GRE general test with my profile?

2. What schools would be best to apply to with my profile?,

Thanks my beloved nairalanders as I need your advice.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 11:41pm On Sep 18, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Good but "it was a memorable experience..." is not a score. Please tell us how many months u prepared, ur scores in each section and the rest. U don't have to be shy.

I posted what's below here on the 2nd of May, 2018.
As I said earlier, I couldn't recall much but knew the two points I mentioned below would be of some help to folks here. For materials and tips I'd advice those yet to write to check out page 428 for a Google drive link. Those were posted long after I'd written. I think they'll be of great help to everyone.

"Finally I have written GRE.
I just wrote mine over an hour ago and didn't meet close to my expectations.
Nice one elevatedmind for sharing. We'll just keep trying and hoping.
My scores are:
154V, 157Q. Waiting for the AWA.
The exam seemed far tougher than I anticipated. The sequence was VQVQV.
I started practising over two months back when I scored 308 on PowerPrep.
My practise tests last week and Monday (2days back) where about 320-323, so when I saw my scores it was somewhat depressing. My resolve is not broken.
For those yet to write, practise hard and rest well as elevatedmind mentioned. Endeavour to be at the test venue in time to collect your thoughts.
Thanks to everyone who gave out a helping hand through your advice and materials.

All the best to those ahead!!!
Cheers!!!"

2nd May, 2018.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by freshStarz: 4:55am On Sep 19, 2019
solastar2:

Same centre.

OK.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Mosminic(m): 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2019
So my AWA came in today. Got a 4.5, what are they really expecting us to write.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 19, 2019
Mosminic:
So my AWA came in today. Got a 4.5, what are they really expecting us to write.
grin grin grin .. length apparently is the simple trick.... I wrote 1100+ words per essay

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 2:28am On Sep 20, 2019
ifeanyimoses:
Good day nairalanders and I have a question, please I need your opinion as I am not well experienced in this.

Aim: To land full funding/scholarship in Us
Course of Interest: Quantitative finance, Actuarial science, Data science or any applied statistics course.
Bsc: 3.4/4.0 wes conversion
Studied Statistics in Futo.
2yrs + in Access Bank PLC as Data analyst.
Certifications: Banking and finance @ Access School of Excellence, Data science certification @ Microsoft and PWC,
Someone talked me into writing GRE Maths as I have great strength in Maths and doing GRE general test will make me do the verbal which might make me not to score extremely high.

1.Can I get full funding with an extreme high GRE maths subject score in the Us without doing the GRE general test with my profile?

2. What schools would be best to apply to with my profile?,

Thanks my beloved nairalanders as I need your advice.

I think it depends on the school's requirements but I'd advise to take the general exam and score a very high Quant score. There're numerous materials that'll help you score above a 150 in verbal which should be sufficient.
Regarding the schools, I know many math and statistics programs are well funded especially at phd level. Search on gradcafe and narrow down your list of schools. You can try Auburn University.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 2:29am On Sep 20, 2019
Hello prospective Fall2020 applicants,

Trust you are grinding to get that good GRE score. America awaits you. Goodluck everyone!

9 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Harbhmborlar(m): 5:57am On Sep 20, 2019
Bros, pls face front and face your hustle... The position is now occupied, so "you" don't necessarily have to "rankadede" me.
user4321:
a lot of funded RA positions are freely posted online, and except your prof is doing Area 51 research I see no reason why it must be secret, or why we must rankadede you to act as our sacred mediator grin grin grin.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 20, 2019
Harbhmborlar:
Bros, pls face front and face your hustle... The position is now occupied, so "you" don't necessarily have to "rankadede" me.
I face everywhere and nowhere, I only speak truth where I see it. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ifeanyimoses: 7:47am On Sep 20, 2019
Thank you very much for your advice, I appreciate and will be glad to hear from many more.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Mosminic(m): 8:30am On Sep 20, 2019
user4321:
grin grin grin .. length apparently is the simple trick.... I wrote 1100+ words per essay
Lol grin I wrote up to 6 paragraphs each. But I am sure they were not up to 1100 grin. Most likely 800

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2019
Is a quant score of 154 okay?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Thatjoyce: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2019
Good day everyone.

I'm new here and wants to make some enquiries.

1. Please, is the first comment on this thread still very valid?

2. What advise would you give to someone who wishes to apply for Spring 2021 in the USA. what month is best to apply and sit for GRE, best textbooks, materials and the likes.

Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 2:11am On Sep 21, 2019
Does anyone know about Binghampton University (State University of New York), how's their funding like?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 4gunners(m): 7:41am On Sep 21, 2019
Please, help with suggestions/ideas on how best to write a personal statement. I will have to introduce myself, and then state why I want to join a research group.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2019
BiggyB242:
Does anyone know about Binghampton University (State University of New York), how's their funding like?

What is your GRE score?

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.