Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1345572 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2019
4gunners:
Please, help with suggestions/ideas on how best to write a personal statement. I will have to introduce myself, and then state why I want to join a research group.

I believe Scholatisca gave templates. Go through his posts' history and they'd be there. When there, others dropped templates.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

What is your GRE score?

320, do you have an idea?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:46am On Sep 22, 2019
BiggyB242:

320, do you have an idea?

Congratulations sir. Good luck with your scholarship search. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tamison: 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

What is your GRE score?
Is the school particular about high GRE scores?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 5:45pm On Sep 22, 2019
Tamison:

Is the school particular about high GRE scores?

you can find that from their website. check their application requirements.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2019
DISCOUNT GRE. SAT. TOEFL. IELTS

NOTE; No Naira payment will be taken until you confirm your test is scheduled. Requirement: We take a copy of your scanned ID (international passport)

FREE READING MATERIALS INCLUDED.

NOTE : This offer is only for people who need it. We have every measure in place to get who may try to abscond after your test is confirmed.

contact on whatsapp only : +1-(502) 388 3402
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Vader92: 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
Please is there someone we can send our Statement of Purpose to, someone who can help analyze it and provide some much-needed insight and assistance.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ggoldmine: 11:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
intrinsicniyi:

Hi,

# For Issue Essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhzlaHXHaK4&t=290s

# For Argument Essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFa8oeXXuoA

These 2 videos earned me 4.0 in AWA and I'll recommend it for anyone.

What did I did after watching the videos?

After learning the techniques explained in the aforementioned weblinks, I modeled my test-day essay topics along side the techniques. Additionally, you can read through sample essays in ETS guide to bolster your Analytical Writing Skills

Goodluck!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2019
How much is GRE Registration? Planning to write it in November.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Vader92: 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2019
decode:
How much is GRE Registration? Planning to write it in November.
$220
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Gracilicutes: 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2019
please can anyone post the link to register for GRE exam I would like to reqister, an what is the current cost
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Gracilicutes: 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2019
how can I make payment for my GRE exam
what exam is most preferable for GRE exam is it the paper type or computer based
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2019
I will be taking my GRE in few days time.

Any tips? I have not run Powerprep again after studying however before studying, i got 296 or there about.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2019
I wrote my GRE today, but the exam took me by surprise. Maybe I was not as good as I used to think. I was thinking I will score 165+ in quant but my prep score began to fall since last week maybe as a result of anger and disturbances from work. I did woefully, I was unable to score even 300 despite believe in my mathematical capability.
But notwithstanding sha, I will keep preparing and reregister once I noticed I have improved.

V141 Q156 (unofficial)

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2019
solastar2:
I wrote my GRE today, but the exam took me by surprise. Maybe I was not as good as I used to think. I was thinking I will score 165+ in quant but my prep score began to fall since last week maybe as a result of anger and disturbances from work. I did woefully, I was unable to score even 300 despite believe in my mathematical capability.
But notwithstanding sha, I will keep preparing and reregister once I noticed I have improved.

V141 Q156 (unofficial)

All the people i know that wrote today are just complaining. What happened?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

All the people i know that wrote today are just complaining. What happened?

The first quantitative the gave me threw me off balance. I once read a guy transcript here that the first quant and verbal was easy and I was expecting that but to my surprise I don't know where the questions came from. Manhattan said triangle, quadrilateral and circle are well test but I can remember if it I see more than one question on them. I saw many words problem sha and I don't even know if I got any because I was already off by then. The only good thing was my issue essay. I have come across that one in the pool b4 and I tried to write on it. The two people I spoke with sha wasn't much worse or better unless they didn't tell me the truth.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
I will be taking my GRE in few days time.

Any tips? I have not run Powerprep again after studying however before studying, i got 296 or there about.

m

Pls prepare oooo. That powerprep seems to be a scam. It is like we are not getting up to what we have on powerprep. I got about 310 on both simulation though.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Vader92: 4:43pm On Sep 25, 2019
I wrote my GRE Today
I prepared for roughly 3 months basically followed @user234’s advices, I felt extremely confident when I got up this morning.
Arrived an hour and a half before the test started. Got the quant section first, let's just say, it was deadlier than I thought
QUANTITATIVE - 168
VERBAL - 153
TOTAL - 321
I was hoping for 3 verbal sections however I was given 3 quants much to my dismay, the first section was pretty basic and I was quite confident of my performance in that section, however the subsequent two were quite challenging as I ran into time trouble in both sections, especially the final section.
On the other hand, the verbal section was another ball game entirely. The first section was really crazy. Although I understood the sentences and could identify simple words that could be used to fill in the blanks, the options provided were unfamiliar. The second section was relatively easier as compared to the first though
Both sections were a lot more difficult than I expected. At the end of the test I felt I didn’t do too well in the verbal but I was hoping for the best. After seeing my verbal score, I was quite disappointed. The examiner noticed as I couldn’t hide my expression. I am glad I got above 320 and I hope to never write GRE ever again as preparation and writing were extremely stressful and time consuming.

SCHOOLS
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CARLIFORNIA -MSC
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS - MSC
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA - MSC
MCGILL UNIVERSITY – MSC
At the test centre, there was a very attractive girl there, we made eye contact a couple times, I really wanted to talk to her but those officials were quite strict at Dragnet and didn’t allow communication inside that lobby. I was really looking forward to talking to her so I waited for a while after I was done but it seemed like she wasn’t gonna (I really hope I didn’t write “gonna” inside my essay) be done anytime soon and considering how exhausted I felt, I had to leave. If you’re on this thread, don’t hesitate to send a message.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Vader92: 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2019
You are right, I was really expecting lots of geometry questions, However, I got just 1. I was quite surprised
Most of the questions were word problems
solastar2:

The first quantitative the gave me threw me off balance. I once read a guy transcript here that the first quant and verbal was easy and I was expecting that but to my surprise I don't know where the questions came from. Manhattan said triangle, quadrilateral and circle are well test but I can remember if it I see more than one question on them. I saw many words problem sha and I don't even know if I got any because I was already off by then. The only good thing was my issue essay. I have come across that one in the pool b4 and I tried to write on it. The two people I spoke with sha wasn't much worse or better unless they didn't tell me the truth.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Vader92: 4:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
Powerprep, Kaplan, Gre crunch prep, Barrons......
In fact, all of the free GRE practice tests online are scam. The questions are waaaayyyyy Easier than what you'd see on the test day.
But you still need to use them as they preparer you for the examination conditions. I'd advice getting that Manhattan practice test series if you have money sha. If not, use the free practice tests like that but expect your GRE questions to be a lot harder than that.

solastar2:
m

Pls prepare oooo. That powerprep seems to be a scam. It is like we are not getting up to what we have on powerprep. I got about 310 on both simulation though.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Vader92: 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2019
What centre did you write the exams though
solastar2:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2019
Vader92:
What centre did you write the exams though

Dragnet
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2019
Vader92:
Powerprep, Kaplan, Gre crunch prep, Barrons......
In fact, all of the free GRE practice tests online are scam. The questions are waaaayyyyy Easier than what you'd see on the test day.
But you still need to use them as they preparer you for the examination conditions. I'd advice getting that Manhattan practice test series if you have money sha. If not, use the free practice tests like that but expect your GRE questions to be a lot harder than that.

I have all the Manhattan PDF stuff and I use them a lot. I was even given both Manhattan and magoosh account when I registered. Unless it is another Manhattan I don't know. I am ready to register anything that will improve both my verbal and quant score. I was thinking at my worst moment, I should have 320 but it took me aback. Last week I was eager to write and b4 the week ends, it was like I can't do it.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2019
Vader92:
I wrote my GRE Today
I prepared for roughly 3 months basically followed @user234’s advices, I felt extremely confident when I got up this morning.
Arrived an hour and a half before the test started. Got the quant section first, let's just say, it was deadlier than I thought
QUANTITATIVE - 168
VERBAL - 153
TOTAL - 321
I was hoping for 3 verbal sections however I was given 3 quants much to my dismay, the first section was pretty basic and I was quite confident of my performance in that section, however the subsequent two were quite challenging as I ran into time trouble in both sections, especially the final section.
On the other hand, the verbal section was another ball game entirely. The first section was really crazy. Although I understood the sentences and could identify simple words that could be used to fill in the blanks, the options provided were unfamiliar. The second section was relatively easier as compared to the first though
Both sections were a lot more difficult than I expected. At the end of the test I felt I didn’t do too well in the verbal but I was hoping for the best. After seeing my verbal score, I was quite disappointed. The examiner noticed as I couldn’t hide my expression. I am glad I got above 320 and I hope to never write GRE ever again as preparation and writing were extremely stressful and time consuming.

SCHOOLS
MCGILL UNIVERSITY – MSC
At the test centre, there was a very attractive girl there, we made eye contact a couple times, I really wanted to talk to her but those officials were quite strict at Dragnet and didn’t allow communication inside that lobby. I was really looking forward to talking to her so I waited for a while after I was done but it seemed like she wasn’t gonna (I really hope I didn’t write “gonna” inside my essay) be done anytime soon and considering how exhausted I felt, I had to leave. If you’re on this thread, don’t hesitate to send a message.

Congratulations man!!!... Such powerful scores!!!!.. grin grin . #Fall2020Soldiers
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2019
solastar2:

V141 Q156 (unofficial)
congratulations on your scores, I'm sure you'll do better. The truth is ETS likes to keep average scores at about 310 ish, so when average scores start skewing upwards, they toughen up the test to drive averages back down. That's the prevailing explanation on Reddit.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ope4Christ: 6:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
Vader92:
I wrote my GRE Today
QUANTITATIVE - 168
VERBAL - 153
TOTAL - 321

SCHOOLS
MCGILL UNIVERSITY – MSC

Congrats for your score.

Could you please send the materials used in your preparation to me? Help a brother.

Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2019
solastar2:

Wow!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2019
Vader92:
You are right, I was really expecting lots of geometry questions, However, I got just 1. I was quite surprised
Most of the questions were word problems

Were the word problems difficult? Was it not same as the word problems in 5lb?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tella26: 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2019
Vader92:
I wrote my GRE Today
QUANTITATIVE - 168
VERBAL - 153
TOTAL - 321

SCHOOLS
MCGILL UNIVERSITY – MSC

Congrats...Please can you be specific on those Gre materials that actually helped you? Or All the materials you used for preparation. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ahahnow: 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2019
Please who can help me with interview questions?

How do I answer the question about leadership. I don't know when I have been a leader please help.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2019
user4321:
congratulations on your scores, I'm sure you'll do better. The truth is ETS likes to keep average scores at about 310 ish, so when average scores start skewing upwards, they toughen up the test to drive averages back down. That's the prevailing explanation on Reddit.

I sent you a PM. I need to rewrite maybe u can give any advice. Although I submitted that score but it is below par for me. 310 should be d least score I am submitting.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Were the word problems difficult? Was it not same as the word problems in 5lb?
I won't rely too much on 5lbs again. I will rather focus on solving the questions in the other Manhattan books.

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.