Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1345109 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Trichi1208: 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

With which schools?

Kean University

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Trichi1208: 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
victorsol:

pls do you have the person's contact, though my score is more than that. I want to contact him or her for my application
thanks
no i dont, just read his profile on NL
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mewon1(m): 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
Please, can someone help me with the list of US schools that don't require TOEFL.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Hassanolek: 5:31pm On Oct 05, 2019
mewon1:
Please, can someone help me with the list of US schools that don't require TOEFL.
U of Maryland, College Park
U of Kentucky
U of Arizona
U of Florida
Georgia State Uni
U of Alabama and many more..

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Prettygud(m): 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
I wrote my GRE today.. Twas not as I expected. As a first time taker, I thought it was just some baby exam. I start prep August, so my prep was just approximately 2 months.

I had this bad luck 6am today when I woke up, I stood straight to stretch out straight, not knowing the fan was not really far up, I ended up cutting my right hand finger nails into two, blood everywhere. This happened because it's not my house, I didn't know the fan was low. I went to a near by chemist to treat my self. This weakened my confidence as I could nearly hold a pen. (don't stretch if u aren't familiar with the room on the day of ur test angry..)
Anyways I got to the centre in abuja 8:40am, the whole check in process was carried out and we started.
I have long Bern praying for 3 quants but after the incident I pray for 3 verbal( which I wasn't good at).
I wrote the test with the pain. Typing wasn't easy. But I know I did well in the AWA, my topics were sweet, straight forward, already worked on similar topics from the ETS pool of essays. I should write about 700 words for each, could have written more if I could be faster.

The first verbal was difficult, then I hard I tough quants, then break, another equally tough verbal, now I knew the first should be the experimental as I didn't really do well. The next quants was lot tougher than most practice test I have taken. What surprise me was that my last verbal was equally tough as the previous ones, I assumed I did well in the previous verbal, probably that's
Why I got another difficult one. Little did I know that I was joking with myself, all fantasy.

I will be having a rewrite by early December, by then I should have solved the mystery of verbal.
And please I will appreciate tips on verbal because I employed all that I knew during the test.

I clicked reports score and there was my 55k staring at me on the screen..
If u register GRE for a cheap price and u are genuine, please send me ur contact.

V152Q164(316) undecided..

I beg coming test takers, forget the learning of big words, the GRE dosent have big words like that, its straight forward.. Learn few words, the common ones, forget advance words and Co.. U can use magoosh flashcard for.. My problem in verbal from practice yes has always been RCs which I sometime get 3 or 4 of 10, but TC and SE are good.

Stick to one material, the most important of all is the ETS materials, all the questions that fly around are not GRE like, some are extremely tougher without clues but GRE TC and SE gives u enough clues, just learn to find it in RCs too, that's my own issue for now..

For quants, ETS is also still the best.. Then u can use magoosh or Manhattan.
Princeton practice test is a very close predictor of your real score.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ope4Christ: 7:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
Prettygud:
I have a magoosh account to share, if you are interested, contact me.

Also I wrote my GRE today.. Twas not as I expected. As a first time taker, I thought it was just some baby exam. I start prep August, so my prep was just approximately 2 months.

The bad luck started following me from 6am today when I woke up, I stood straight to stress, not knowing the fan was not really far up, I ended up cutting my right hand finger nails into two, blood everywhere. This happened because it's not my house, I didn't know the fan was low. I went to a near by chemist to treat my self. This weakened my confidence as I could nearly hold a pen. (don't stretch if u aren't familiar with the room on the day of ur test angry..)
Anyways I got to the centre in abuja 8:40am, the whole check in process was carried out and we started.
I have long Bern praying for 3 quants but after the incident I pray for 3 verbal( which I wasn't good at).
I wrote the test with the pain. Typing wasn't easy. But I know I did well in the AWA, my topics were sweet, straight forward, already worked on similar topics from the ETS pool of essays. I should write about 700 words for each, could have written more if I could be faster.

The first verbal was difficult, then I hard I tough quants, then break, another equally tough verbal, now I knew the first should be the experimental as I didn't really do well. The next quants was lot tougher than most practice test I have taken. What surprise me was that my last verbal was equally tough as the previous ones, I assumed I did well in the previous verbal, probably that's
Why I got another difficult one. Little did I know that I was joking with myself, all fantasy.

I will be having a rewrite by early December, by then I should have solved the mystery of verbal.
And please I will appreciate tips on verbal because I employed all that I knew during the test.

If u register GRE for a cheap price and u are genuine, please send me ur contact.

I beg coming test takers, forget the learning of big words, the GRE dosent have big words like that, its straight forward.. Learn few words, the common ones, forget advance words and Co.. U can use magoosh flashcard for.. My problem in verbal from practice yes has always been RCs which I sometime get 3 or 4 of 10, but TC and SE are good.

Stick to one material, the most important of all is the ETS materials, all the questions that fly around are not GRE like, some are extremely tougher without clues but GRE TC and SE gives u enough clues, just learn to find it in RCs too, that's my own issue for now..

Finally, I want to share my magoosh account for token with just 2 people, u can always have as many practice test and likely questions as u want. Magoosh Practice test for me is difficult than the real GRE.

Congrats. Sorry about your injury.

I am interested.

abiolaopeagbe@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kayzee2374(m): 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2019
Eeyha..hope you are getting better from the injury u had bro..316 is still ok but not up to your expectation right?
Although you might have prepared well for the exam expecting something huge but all the same you av to be thankful..some needed what u felt remorse for..but all the same, if you want to rewrite again, I should be of help coz I reg mine with 45k u can beep me for that.
An also 4 your magoosh account m interested..
Anyways congratulations bro but you can do better

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kayzee2374(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2019
Eeyha..hope you are getting better from the injury u had bro..316 is still ok but not up to your expectation right?
Although you might have prepared well for the exam expecting something huge but all the same you av to be thankful..some needed what u felt remorse for..but all the same, if you want to rewrite again, I should be of help coz I reg mine with 45k u can beep me for that.
Prettygud:

Also I wrote my GRE today.. Twas not as I expected. As a first time taker, I thought it was just some baby exam. I start prep August, so my prep was just approximately 2 months.

The bad luck started following me from 6am today when I woke up, I stood straight to stress, not knowing the fan was not really far up, I ended up cutting my right hand finger nails into two, blood everywhere. This happened because it's not my house, I didn't know the fan was low. I went to a near by chemist to treat my self. This weakened my confidence as I could nearly hold a pen. (don't stretch if u aren't familiar with the room on the day of ur test angry..)

Finally, I want to share my magoosh account for token with just 2 people, u can always have as many practice test and likely questions as u want. Magoosh Practice test for me is difficult than the real GRE.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iamblisz(m): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
kayzee2374:

I'm interested. Metony15@yahoo.com.
I already sent you a mail.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 12:49am On Oct 06, 2019
OGAPEE:
I am writing my GRE first week of November and TOEFL second week. I have been quite choked up with activities. I am residing in Abuja. I am interested in a study partner preferably someone from science background and writing in September or November.

Any serious minded person can reach me on WhatsApp via 07038015660 for study partnership. Tanchu...

back
I'll contact you bro
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 1:26am On Oct 06, 2019
Prettygud:

Hey bro I sent you an email
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 1:29am On Oct 06, 2019
So I was thinking, for those of us having our exams soon (mine is next month) , I'll be creating a whatsapp group where we can all share ideas and relate possible tough questions which I'm sure it'll help us prepare better, I had a friend who testified to the goodness of such idea. If you're in kindly reply this message with your contact and I'll add you up asap.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mewon1(m): 5:33am On Oct 06, 2019
juliouze:
So I was thinking, for those of us having our exams soon (mine is next month) , I'll be creating a whatsapp group where we can all share ideas and relate possible tough questions which I'm sure it'll help us prepare better, I had a friend who testified to the goodness of such idea. If you're in kindly reply this message with your contact and I'll add you up asap.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:35am On Oct 06, 2019
Prettygud:

Hello. Please i am interested in the Magoosh account.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 9:41am On Oct 06, 2019
mewon1:

Seen
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tella26: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2019
juliouze:
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MIYATI: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2019
[quote author=juliouze post=82878560]

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Prettygud(m): 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Hello. Please i am interested in the Magoosh account.

DM through email
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2019
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 10:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
Tella26:

Seen
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 10:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
[quote author=MIYATI post=82887121][/quote]
Seen
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cocao(f): 9:17am On Oct 07, 2019
juliouze:
https:///BfezSQ1ngRP2x1U8YiKQ3S
Here’s the link to the group

This link is not going through
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2019
Cocao:

This link is not going through
Drop your number, I'll add you up
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by toeyeen(m): 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2019
oluwatoyinjolaoso@gmail.com This is my email address, Please how can I get across to you?
Prettygud:

Some bad luck started following me from 6am today when I woke up, I stood straight to stretch, not knowing the fan was not really far up, I ended up cutting my right hand finger nails into two, blood everywhere. This happened because it's not my house, I didn't know the fan was low. I went to a near by chemist to treat my self. This weakened my confidence as I could nearly hold a pen. (don't stretch if u aren't familiar with the room on the day of ur test angry..)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ope4Christ: 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2019
juliouze:

My number. 08056746410

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by adhel90: 12:50am On Oct 08, 2019
juliouze:

Drop your number, I'll add you up

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SOPWriter: 1:47am On Oct 08, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.