Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,367 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1345324 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 08, 2019
WhatsApp group defeats the purpose of this thread... CC - Justwise please help us call the mods here to flush this perdition out

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by optm(m): 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2019
user4321:
WhatsApp group defeats the purpose of this thread... CC - Justwise please help us call the mods here to flush this perdition out
no it doesn't in anyway defeat the purpose of this thread. The WhatsApp group is a study group and it's cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
optm:
no it doesn't in anyway defeat the purpose of this thread. The WhatsApp group is a study group and it's cool

It does defeat the purpose because I'm sure if OP or others did same with WhatsApp or even 2go, this thread wouldn't exist. But people will be selfish as usual!

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Mosminic(m): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
So I got my TOEFL scores today, scored 103 (Reading 28 and the rest 25). I must say I did not really prepare for it. My GRE prep covered for my TOEFL prep a great deal.
On to applications now. Best of luck to all of us.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 1b8m: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2019
Good morning my good people.

My profile:

B.tech, Chemical/petrochemical engineering (2.97, Wes evaluation)

M.tech chemical/petrochemical engineering (4.33)

1 peer review published paper

Just registered for gre.

Is the profile strong enough to compete for a tuition-waived PhD program in the US?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Finally took the test again
Q 151
V 157
Awaiting AWA results....
Thank you all...
TJ0987:
Guys I'm scared, scared of writing the GRE again. I've written twice before and the results were not impressive. First in 2014, and then in 2017 where I scored 298.
I'm not even sure magoosh videos would suffice, because I just don't believe in myself right now.
Are there reputable Tutors I can use probably on Saturdays? I'm looking to take the exams in October. Please I would appreciate your opinion on tested and trusted tutors here in Lagos. Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Anfieldboss: 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2019
TJ0987:
Hello Everyone,
Q 151
V 157
Awaiting AWA results....
Thank you all...

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cocao(f): 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2019
TJ0987:
Hello Everyone,
Q 151
V 157
Awaiting AWA results....
Thank you all...

Well-done!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by walex25(m): 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2019
I am taking mine tomorrow, fingers crossed!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by JIREN01: 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2019
So I've been following the thread for quite a while for the past couple of months.I luckily stumbled on a link to a collection of materials on GRE while I was navigating Twitter, looking for fine babes to DM. I couldn't start preparation right away as I had to go for the incipient 3 week NYSC camp. I took the first diagnostic test, although, without preparation, Saying my scores were terribly abysmal would be an understatement. The reason for my poor scores isn't farfetched anyway, I'm in the life sciences, pharmacy to be precise and the last time I touched basic maths even, was probably in SS3. It's no gainsay asserting Engineering students have an unfair leverage over students from other areas...

I've started with the Manhattan series but prep has been desultory. There's a professional exam I need to sit for in the next few days, apparently, a hiatus in my prep is imminent. I haven't registered for the exam yet as I see it better to start preparation long before registering. I've called for my transcript but my school has been delaying(OAU), I'm not sure what range my cumulative grade point would fall in but I figure it should be a little above 4 point, that which isn't bad for a start.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2019
TJ0987:
Hello Everyone,
Q 151
V 157
Awaiting AWA results....
Thank you all...
Woop Woop... Congratulations grin grin grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Emeritusseun(m): 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2019
Hello house,

Trust we are all doing great.

I am having difficult in paying for my test score, to be sent to my chosen schools, using MasterCard.

ETS is requesting I use VISA card while my ATM card is MasterCard.

Anyone with such issue? Or who has other ways I could use?

I am just paying $100.

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 9:27pm On Oct 09, 2019
juliouze:
https:///BfezSQ1ngRP2x1U8YiKQ3S
Here’s the link to the group
Yo nigga!, please take your WhatsApp group out of here. It's not needed, and never will it be.
If the pioneers of this thread started on WhatsApp, would the plethora of information available to you and others?
No let me transfer Buhari vex untop ya head.
cc: justwise please do the needful.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
optm:
If this thread isn't a study group where we share tips and strategies on nailing the exam, I wonder what then it is?
Take the WhatsApp group out of here, we don't need and never will it be needed.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 9:31pm On Oct 09, 2019
optm:
If this thread isn't a study group where we share tips and strategies on nailing the exam, I wonder what then it is?
Take the WhatsApp group out of here, we don't need and never will it be needed......
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 9:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
1b8m:
Good morning my good people.

My profile:

B.tech, Chemical/petrochemical engineering (2.97, Wes evaluation)

M.tech chemical/petrochemical engineering (4.33)

1 peer review published paper

Just registered for gre.

Is the profile strong enough to compete for a tuition-waived PhD program in the US?
As a rule of thumb, I believe there is a school for every profile. Since you are gunning for a PhD, with a publication and your strong MS GPA, complement them with a high GRE and TOEFL scores, don't forget to do "bam-bia-ala" in the mailbox of potential supervisor or graduate coordinator.....
You will be fine.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2019
Lol
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tella26: 11:03pm On Oct 09, 2019
user4321:

I agree with you bro. WhatsApp invitation url is not meant to be shared here; as they both serve the same purpose. However, I will suggest that Nairaland should improve on their platform just like every other platforms are improving. I cannot share nairaland link on whatsapp and I will have someone asking me to stop sharing it on whatsapp...this shows level of improvement....infact, people tend to leave Whatsapp for Telegram, just because it does not serve them some purpose. So people move naturally....Anyways this can be regarded as a feedback from a nairalander who loves this platform and looking to seeing more improvement in order to benefit Nigerians more.... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 1b8m: 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2019
calculator123:

As a rule of thumb, I believe there is a school for every profile. Since you are gunning for a PhD, with a publication and your strong MS GPA, complement them with a high GRE and TOEFL scores, don't forget to do "bam-bia-ala" in the mailbox of potential supervisor or graduate coordinator.....
You will be fine.
thank you very much Massa

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2019
1b8m:
thank you very much Massa
You are welcome
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2019
Tella26:

I agree with you bro. WhatsApp invitation url is not meant to be shared here; as they both serve the same purpose. However, I will suggest that Nairaland should improve on their platform just like every other platforms are improving. I cannot share nairaland link on whatsapp and I will have someone asking me to stop sharing it on whatsapp...this shows level of improvement....infact, people tend to leave Whatsapp for Telegram, just because it does not serve them some purpose. So people move naturally....Anyways this can be regarded as a feedback from a nairalander who loves this platform and looking to seeing more improvement in order to benefit Nigerians more.... cheesy
The URL of this page and site can be shared.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by elisinho(m): 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
juliouze:
So I was thinking, for those of us having our exams soon (mine is next month) , I'll be creating a whatsapp group where we can all share ideas and relate possible tough questions which I'm sure it'll help us prepare better, I had a friend who testified to the goodness of such idea. If you're in kindly reply this message with your contact and I'll add you up asap.

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 12:36am On Oct 11, 2019
Mosminic:
So I got my TOEFL scores today, scored 103 (Reading 28 and the rest 25). I must say I did not really prepare for it. My GRE prep covered for my TOEFL prep a great deal.
On to applications now. Best of luck to all of us.
That's a good one!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 12:37am On Oct 11, 2019
TJ0987:
Hello Everyone,
Q 151
V 157
Awaiting AWA results....
Thank you all...
That's great improvement !
Yes you can #Fall 2020
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 1b8m: 7:11am On Oct 11, 2019
Good morning again my very good people.
I have been practicing solo for the gre but I feel if I register for a tutorial, I'm going to be more inspired as I am now

Please can someone recommend a good gre tutorial centre in portharcourt for me? Thanks a lot!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by oyegoke58: 7:44am On Oct 11, 2019
[quote author=TJ0987 post=82981787]Hello Everyone,
Q 151
V 157
Awaiting AWA results....
Thank you all...
[/quote
I just sent you a mail . Please can you reply me �
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Mosminic(m): 8:08am On Oct 11, 2019
Sherlock5577:

That's a good one!
Thanks a lot @Sherlock5577

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Emeritusseun(m): 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
Emeritusseun:
Hello house,

Trust we are all doing great.

I am having difficult in paying for my test score, to be sent to my chosen schools, using MasterCard.

ETS is requesting I use VISA card while my ATM card is MasterCard.

Anyone with such issue? Or who has other ways I could use?

I am just paying $100.

Thanks

Please I need help here. I am having difficulty sending my TOEFL scores to schools. The ETS site requested I use VISA card, and even after trying that today, the transaction wasn't going.

I need to send the scores to some schools before month end.

I need help.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2019
Emeritusseun:

Please I need help here. I am having difficulty sending my TOEFL scores to schools. The ETS site requested I use VISA card, and even after trying that today, the transaction wasn't going.

I need to send the scores to some schools before month end.

I need help.

Thanks

have you tried doing it through paypal?

if it persists you can reach out.
cheers
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Emeritusseun(m): 11:00pm On Oct 11, 2019
nelem:

have you tried doing it through paypal?

if it persists you can reach out.
cheers

Thanks so much for your message.

I haven't tried PayPal although I tried to sign up for it yesterday but I faced some challenges. I will try it again, and get back if unsuccessful.

Once again, Thanks.

Regards
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iSpitonYourGrav: 11:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hello brother, I sent you a mail concerning the magoosh account
Prettygud:
I wrote my GRE today.. Twas not as I expected. As a first time taker, I thought it was just some baby exam. I start prep August, so my prep was just approximately 2 months.

Some bad luck started following me from 6am today when I woke up, I stood straight to stretch, not knowing the fan was not really far up, I ended up cutting my right hand finger nails into two, blood everywhere. This happened because it's not my house, I didn't know the fan was low. I went to a near by chemist to treat my self. This weakened my confidence as I could nearly hold a pen. (don't stretch if u aren't familiar with the room on the day of ur test angry..)
Anyways I got to the centre in abuja 8:40am, the whole check in process was carried out and we started.
I have long Bern praying for 3 quants but after the incident I pray for 3 verbal( which I wasn't good at).
I wrote the test with the pain. Typing wasn't easy. But I know I did well in the AWA, my topics were sweet, straight forward, already worked on similar topics from the ETS pool of essays. I should write about 700 words for each, could have written more if I could be faster.

The first verbal was difficult, then I hard I tough quants, then break, another equally tough verbal, now I knew the first should be the experimental as I didn't really do well. The next quants was lot tougher than most practice test I have taken. What surprise me was that my last verbal was equally tough as the previous ones, I assumed I did well in the previous verbal, probably that's
Why I got another difficult one. Little did I know that I was joking with myself, all fantasy.

I will be having a rewrite by early December, by then I should have solved the mystery of verbal.
And please I will appreciate tips on verbal because I employed all that I knew during the test.

I clicked reports score and there was my 55k staring at me on the screen..
If u register GRE for a cheap price and u are genuine, please send me ur contact.

V152Q164(316) undecided..

I beg coming test takers, forget the learning of big words, the GRE dosent have big words like that, its straight forward.. Learn few words, the common ones, forget advance words and Co.. U can use magoosh flashcard for.. My problem in verbal from practice yes has always been RCs which I sometime get 3 or 4 of 10, but TC and SE are good.

Stick to one material, the most important of all is the ETS materials, all the questions that fly around are not GRE like, some are extremely tougher without clues but GRE TC and SE gives u enough clues, just learn to find it in RCs too, that's my own issue for now..

For quants, ETS is also still the best.. Then u can use magoosh or Manhattan.
Princeton practice test is a very close predictor of your real score.

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.