Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1347780 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fakesammi: 12:13pm On Jan 28, 2020
Chris4guns:
. No you don't need to
OK sir, please did u apply to NCAT also
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fakesammi: 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2020
SOPWriter:

Contact the graduate admission office of your proposed institution.

Make use of the email address or phone number provided on their website.

Alternatively, schools do provide their admission requirements that could be easily accessed by interested candidate, so, I will as well suggest that you check the University's eligibility criteria.

Josh Writing Services

Thanks for the suggestions sir
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fakesammi: 12:18pm On Jan 28, 2020
Milkshakes01:

Why not mail your graduate coordinator or program director? Their answer is more reliable

OK boss, thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ifeanyimoses: 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2020
Hi guys, please what verbal mock looks almost exactly like that of GRE verbal cos the ones I'm seeing in powerprep online is discouraging......... Looks really really tough, pls you guys help my life in verbal
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Oddy16: 7:20pm On Jan 28, 2020
ifeanyimoses:
Hi guys, please what verbal mock looks almost exactly like that of GRE verbal cos the ones I'm seeing in powerprep online is discouraging......... Looks really really tough, pls you guys help my life in verbal

Face your fear bro, cos that's how it's gonna be. Check out Kaplan too.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Chris4guns: 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2020
Fakesammi:

OK sir, please did u apply to NCAT also

Yes.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by yusman14(m): 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
lumidey2013:
Hello pals, been searching for a thread like this before now. Intend going for M.sc. Had a CGPA of 4.11/5.0. Graduate of materials and metallurgical Engineering.. I need someone to enlighten me on which of the exams to take and countries that accept them.
Good day bro .I will like to know if you more..
Drop your WhatsApp number sir
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by segunbolawole: 11:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
If you are using a transcript from Nigeria, you have to evaluate it, then request the agency to send to the school. They don't evaluate a transcript internally.

Fakesammi:

Good day sir, please did you send your official transcript from your school in order to complete your application because mine is showing incomplete application without my official transcript
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Xtention20: 6:14am On Jan 29, 2020
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by engrlarex(m): 7:03am On Jan 29, 2020
I just searched the EducationUSA and saw varieties of them. Please can u help with the appropriate link to it.

iamlucky:
After reading through the last few pages of this thread i can see that the wrong set of persons have infiltrated this place.
I registered my first GRE with someone on this thread that i never met before in the spirit of trust! I also referred others to him in the same spirit of trust that permeated this thread. I got introduced to joining the EducationUSA (which eventually paid all my other fees and flight tickets) through this group.
Sadly that spirit of trust that was the very foundation of this group seems to have vaporized.
I implore everyone to play safe by paying for your registrations directly with your Debit Cards or your Paypal accounts. Although it will cost you more, but you're sure of not falling prey to these criminals that have found their way here. You are sure of not getting scammed or receiving an email of stolen cards or unsuccessful payments from ETS.
Remember, ETS can ban one from ever taking the test again for using a stolen card.
Save yourself the stress! Save yourself the anxiety and panic! Save yourself!!!

Here is a link to my drive, perhaps you"ll find some materials useful for your preparations for those taking the GRE. I have real test questions from persons who took the test and recurred some particular questions. I also have all of the practice questions on magoosh account there. You can also join the GRE Group Study on facebook with over 88k members to get more real test questions and meet people from other countries preparing for the GRE.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FG14Khx9hUac2NB179Dkq4DuonYFwx9Y

If you have a First Class or a 2.1, in the STEM courses, please take the GRE before May. EducationUSA Opportunity Funds program application will be starting by then, if you apply and are accepted, your success is their success and they will go any length to help you succeed. Follow them on Facebook to get the information when the application begins.

Am loving the cold here in New York. Its not as severe as we were informed.

Remember to play safe. don't because of 20k price difference or so put yourself through avoidable stress and probably pay a second time.

One love from here and success to those awaiting decisions i know how it feels when waiting.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by engrlarex(m): 7:34am On Jan 29, 2020
Xtention20:

GOOD MORNING PEOPLE

This is to clarify the initial report i comment about @affordabletests. The issues have been rectified and i feel its just a little misunderstanding. I dont mean to tarnish anyone business on here and i am glad he rectify it and I can now view my scores again..

Thanks

Same here, Affordable test is now sorting out the issues at hand..Anyway, I knew something went wrong just that he was not patient enough to explain to us..or Perhaps we bombarded him too much with derogatory comments..He is now resolving the issues one after the other. He is on my own about to get it done.. Please, whatever notions or perception we have had about him is wrong..He is genuine and not a scammer..Moral Lesson: Patience is virtue. We all learn everyday. Let’s make sure we came back to acknowledge it when he got our issues resolved. The disdain comments we made about it should be reversed when he resolved our issues. #Shalom
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SuomyNona: 10:06am On Jan 29, 2020
ifeanyimoses:

Download Vince and Brian Powerprep solution explanation. It will be of help.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kaykay07: 11:35am On Jan 29, 2020
Fakesammi:
Good day house, please I need your help. I'm trying to apply to North Carolina A&T State University and I want to confirm if I need my school to send my official transcript before I can complete the application. Please I'll appreciate any information because the deadline is fast approaching...thanks
I think you can upload an unofficial transcript just to complete the application, however official transcript must be sent in through WES or any other evaluation body latter on.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ifeanyimoses: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2020
Good day my beloved, I wrote the Gre today for the first time,
verbal- 149, Quant - 155, total - 304, Cgpa wes - 3.4/4.0, please I want to make maximum use of the average score to get funding, do I apply to schools below 100 in ranking in USA, or should I apply to schools who do not need GRE for funding and submit my GRE scores or do I apply to German, Canadian, and Australian schools who do not require GRE, what approach do I apply Asap so as not to escape funding this year all things being equal?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by daytona555: 2:49pm On Jan 29, 2020
engrlarex:

Same here, Affordable test is now sorting out the issues at hand..Anyway, I knew something went wrong just that he was not patient enough to explain to us..or Perhaps we bombarded him too much with derogatory comments..He is now resolving the issues one after the other. He is on my own about to get it done.. Please, whatever notions or perception we have had about him is wrong..He is genuine and not a scammer..Moral Lesson: Patience is virtue. We all learn everyday. Let’s make sure we came back to acknowledge it when he got our issues resolved. The disdain comments we made about it should be reversed when he resolved our issues. #Shalom

Fucking PR. Affordable test remains a scammer until he fixes the issue I also had . Today I will contact ETS.

Anyone who values his money here should avoid Affordable Tests 100 percentand disregard all the BS whitewashing up there .

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by daytona555: 2:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
sockistical:
Anyone that has issue with affordable test and has evidence should contact me

Dropped you a PM. Loads of evidence .

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mamsiey: 3:29pm On Jan 29, 2020
ifeanyimoses:
Good day my beloved, I wrote the Gre today for the first time,
verbal- 149, Quant - 155, total - 304, Cgpa wes - 3.4/4.0, please I want to make maximum use of the average score to get funding, do I apply to schools below 100 in ranking in USA, or should I apply to schools who do not need GRE for funding and submit my GRE scores or do I apply to German, Canadian, and Australian schools who do not require GRE, what approach do I apply Asap so as not to escape funding this year all things being equal?

What program do you want to offer? That’s the starting point.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ifeanyimoses: 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
mamsiey:

What program do you want to offer? That’s the starting point.

....I am interested in Financial mathematics or Actuarial science. Thanks a lot for your concern.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mamsiey: 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2020
ifeanyimoses:

....I am interested in Financial mathematics or Actuarial science. Thanks a lot for your concern.

Okay so most schools will focus more on your Quant score than the verbal. Your combined aggregate is not bad either. Here are some schools that comes to mind. You’ll have to check if they offer your course though and email the grad coordinator with your profile and ask if the dept has funding (grad assistantships) for incoming students:

University of Toledo
Cleveland State
University of Akron
Youngstown state ( I know someone who did actuarial science there)
Bowling Green state
Middle Tennessee state
East Tennessee state
Mississippi state
Georgia state
Austin Peay

My list is not exhaustive though. You can google the program name for list of universities that offer it. Trust me, it is a tedious but rewarding experience ; and the hardwork does pay off! All the best!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by rkarang: 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2020
mamsiey:

Okay so most schools will focus more on your Quant score than the verbal. Your combined aggregate is not bad either. Here are some schools that comes to mind. You’ll have to check if they offer your course though and email the grad coordinator with your profile and ask if the dept has funding (grad assistantships) for incoming students:

University of Toledo
Cleveland State
University of Akron
Youngstown state ( I know someone who did actuarial science there)
Bowling Green state
Middle Tennessee state
East Tennessee state
Mississippi state
Georgia state
Austin Peay

My list is not exhaustive though. You can google the program name for list of universities that offer it. Trust me, it is a tedious but rewarding experience ; and the hardwork does pay off! All the best!

Toledo requires official transcript before one’s application can be considered complete. So he should keep that in mind
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mvem(m): 10:53pm On Jan 29, 2020
Perotti:

He began by describing the project and what it entailed, and then he asked me about my research experience, followed by a question on the courses I took during my MS and a subject specific question. He later asked why I wanted to do a PhD and then concluded by asking me if I had any questions for him. I was interviewing with a PI, so it wasn't a panel thingy. Network was bad so we couldnt skype much, we made use of Zoom.
I am scheduled for a zoom interview and sent you a pm
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Xtention20: 4:47am On Jan 30, 2020
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by RubiePaquera: 8:05am On Jan 30, 2020
Thank you for sharing.
<a href="https://flatx.com.ph/">real estate properties</a>
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fakesammi: 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
segunbolawole:
If you are using a transcript from Nigeria, you have to evaluate it, then request the agency to send to the school. They don't evaluate a transcript internally.

Ok boss, thanks for the info
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fakesammi: 12:51pm On Jan 30, 2020
Kaykay07:

I think you can upload an unofficial transcript just to complete the application, however official transcript must be sent in through WES or any other evaluation body latter on.

Yes, seems so...thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fakesammi: 1:07pm On Jan 30, 2020
Chris4guns:

Yes.

OK, the issue I want to clarify is that I submitted my application with my unofficial Transcript evaluated by WES, but after submitting the application, it's showing incomplete and its notifying me that the official transcript from my school is missing... Please, how did u complete your application?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2020
Mideniyi:
Please house tell me about MCF.....I have paid him already ....so as to know the next point of action
They are real bro, I registered with them and everything was intact
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by adelawry(m): 1:17am On Jan 31, 2020
How did you get him to rectify yours? Mine has not been rectified ooo. I'm working towards a deadline. I have to send my score ASAP else my application fee, cost of sending transcript and sending TOEFL score would all be a waste. In my own case, I didn't actually need the last test score I registered with affordable test cos my previous score was better but I can't even use the previous score cos ETS says I have outstanding balance. It's a sad situation and it's been giving me sleepless night.

#
engrlarex:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Richiez(m): 5:53am On Jan 31, 2020
Please guys, don't hesitate to use the report when you spot a suspected scammer here. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by sammy2flow(m): 7:57am On Jan 31, 2020
Good morning guys
I am planning to do my PhD (petroleum engineering )i n the US. Please, can you tell me step by step procedure to follow in order to apply for a school with funding. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.