Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1345523 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by leckson58(m): 9:14am On Feb 12, 2020
Help me out my people.

I recently graduated with a second class upper 4.02/5.0 in Agricultural economics and extension majoring in extension education.

I read in some portion of the thread that none STEM student looking for masters in the USA do have issues with funding and getting jobs after they finish. Please gurus in the house how true is this.

Asides that please recommend good schools that offer funding for Agric education and educational psychology masters.

Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Evkunle: 3:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
Ajibola13:

Please I need this oo

Need materials and tips on How best to prepare for the exam? For your best test prep solutions, visit https://mcfedututors.com/testprep-language-solutions/

For more information on exam registration, training, joining whatsapp/telegram study group, application to schools, Permanent Residence, access to study materials and Work permit, please visit https://www.mcfedututors.com or WhatsApp 08132765285.
GRE 45K IELTS 75K TOEFL 40k GMAT 100K, SAT 55K.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jago2016(m): 12:27am On Feb 14, 2020
Sherlock5577:

Those materials may be kinda obsolete. There should be more recent materials. Check page 286 or so or posts by elevatedmind. It's in a Google drive Link.
In my opinion, getting a great score after one month's preparation may signify you're a genius grin. You would most likely need more than a month. Averagely, 3 months is sufficient depending on how fast you improve. Many of us here didn't pay to prepare, but just studied the free materials here. Only pay when you're sure you really need someone you're confident in to teach you.
Your CGPA looks good. Other aspects of your application need to be very strong; standardized tests, SOP, recommendation letters, work or volunteering experience, leadership, etc.
Yes, you can!
Thanks for your contribution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jago2016(m): 12:34am On Feb 14, 2020
Evans211:
Just got back to my abode. Left Dragnet almost immediately after the exam. It’s being a long day and i wish I could say more.. anyways, not so impressed but a bit happy and confused how I managed to get 162Q and 156 in Verbal despite burning the midnight candle and putting more efforts in verbal. My profile goes thus;

Update-

GRE- 318 (Q162 V156 AWA 3.5) Official
Toefl- Undecided (not sure if it’s needed)
GPA- 3.28/4
Degree- Political Science

Schools (MA program)

1- Bowling Greene University
2- Cleveland State University
3- University of Kansas
4- George Washington University

This is an update from my last week exam. AWA gave me a devastating blow.. Perhaps, I saw it coming but this is a rude shock!

To the Gurus in the house, not sure if this is an okay score; including AWA, but am I good to go ?

Wow am really excited with ur score... please i really need to tap into your blessing
Please how do i reach you , can you drop ur mail so i can reach u bro..thanks in anticipation
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jago2016(m): 12:45am On Feb 14, 2020
Thanks man .. grin grin, I'm just an average student seeking knowledge
bro i saw ur score and was wowed...bro please drop ur mail , i need ur help , i want to write the gre this year and i need to know ur method of preparation..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by emmanland: 8:14am On Feb 14, 2020
Hello fam,

I am a silent follower of this thread. I appreciate everyone's contribution and time. It's a great gem.

I am a Fall 2020 applicant in Chemistry. I received 3 rejs consecutively from SIT, Purdue and UKY. Currently, it is devastating! I concluded on asking the house if there is any follow up that can still boost my chances in the remaining schools.

My credentials:
Cgpa: 3.85
TOEFL: 100
GRE: Q-154 V-147 AWA 3.5

Thanks greatly for your time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by emmanland: 9:12am On Feb 14, 2020
My CGPA is 3.85/5
Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by horlahsunbo225(m): 10:10am On Feb 14, 2020
emmanland:
Hello fam,

I am a silent follower of this thread. I appreciate everyone's contribution and time. It's a great gem.

I am a Fall 2020 applicant in Chemistry. I received 3 rejs consecutively from SIT, Purdue and UKY. Currently, it is devastating! I concluded on asking the house if there is any follow up that can still boost my chances in the remaining schools.

My credentials:
Cgpa: 3.85
TOEFL: 100
GRE: Q-154 V-147 AWA 3.5

Thanks greatly for your time
Etsu wku, ncat

U might be lucky if u do fast
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Jamaticulus(m): 1:48am On Feb 15, 2020
Peace!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CptCharlesVane: 5:07am On Feb 15, 2020
It’s papping and papping off heavy! Dereddeng! cheesy Congratulations bro! For a second I thought people hold on to the goods and only post enquiries.

It gets better. All the best going forward.
Jamaticulus:
FUNDING!!

UG: 3.85/4 (Naija)
Double MSc: France and Germany (Ongoing)
GRE: 303 AWA-4.5 (I didn't enjoy taking this exam. Stressed the hell outta me!!!)
TOEFL: 105
Publications: 5 journal articles with 1 currently under revision

Key:
1) Baba GOD
2) Three strong LORs from my previous supervisors/research collaborators (this shouldn't be overlooked)
3) Related and multiple research experience (from Naija to France and Germany)
4) A proper fit between some of the program's research themes and my education/research experience.
5) Reaching out to professors initially and selling your research profile.

I started off with 6 school applications but didn't complete those applications in places where I didn't get a solid response even though it was a good fit. Either the professors aren't accepting or the program's funding budget is tight for the current year.

1) North Carolina State University, University of Tennesse, Knoxville, and the University of Cincinnati (abandoned the applications)

2) U of Delaware-MSE Ph.D. (Didn't get a response from a professor but still went ahead with the application- Rejected)

3) U of Massachusetts, Amherst MSE Ph.D. (response from a professor with aligned interests-Decision pending)

4) Iowa State University-MSE Ph.D. program (Full funding with a Tuition scholarship and RA. The response I got from here was like AKPI's antenna. It was papping heavy! My pre-application also got department approval)

Kudos to the initiators, contributors, past funded individuals and otherwise. Y'all are winners!! I salute una.

To all the Fall 2020 funding faithful, keep the hope alive. And to all true/deliberate scammers out there, una go meet una doom pretty soon. Make una kwantinue....

Peace!

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Jamaticulus(m): 4:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
CptCharlesVane:
It’s papping and papping off heavy! Dereddeng! cheesy Congratulations bro! For a second I thought people hold on to the goods and only post enquiries.

It gets better. All the best going forward.

Dereereereeng Deng Deng!!! Thanks Cpt..

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 4:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
Jamaticulus:
FUNDING!!

UG: 3.85/4 (Naija)
Double MSc: France and Germany (Ongoing)
GRE: 303 AWA-4.5 (I didn't enjoy taking this exam. Stressed the hell outta me!!!)
TOEFL: 105
Publications: 5 journal articles with 1 currently under revision

Key:
1) Baba GOD
2) Three strong LORs from my previous supervisors/research collaborators (this shouldn't be overlooked)
3) Related and multiple research experience (from Naija to France and Germany)
4) A proper fit between some of the program's research themes and my education/research experience.
5) Reaching out to professors initially and selling your research profile.

I started off with 6 school applications but didn't complete those applications in places where I didn't get a solid response even though it was a good fit. Either the professors aren't accepting or the program's funding budget is tight for the current year.

1) North Carolina State University, University of Tennesse, Knoxville, and the University of Cincinnati (abandoned the applications)

2) U of Delaware-MSE Ph.D. (Didn't get a response from a professor but still went ahead with the application- Rejected)

3) U of Massachusetts, Amherst MSE Ph.D. (response from a professor with aligned interests-Decision pending)

4) Iowa State University-MSE Ph.D. program (Full funding with a Tuition scholarship and RA. The response I got from here was like AKPI's antenna. It was papping heavy! My pre-application also got department approval)

Kudos to the initiators, contributors, past funded individuals and otherwise. Y'all are winners!! I salute una.

To all the Fall 2020 funding faithful, keep the hope alive. And to all true/deliberate scammers out there, una go meet una doom pretty soon. Make una kwantinue....

Peace!

Man you have got a really strong profile. Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SOPWriter: 1:37pm On Feb 16, 2020
My wish for you is nothing but success.

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kikky91(m): 9:10am On Feb 19, 2020
Hello please i want to register for GRE i want to know if anything can recommend a reputable person thanks.... [quote author=Kaykay07 post=86404015]I registered for GRE on 22nd of Dec and i paid affordable test immediately I got notification mail from ETS that very day. ETS just notified me yesterday that i have an .
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Evkunle: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
kikky91:
Hello please i want to register for GRE i want to know if anything can recommend a reputable person thanks....

Yes please, you can register with Median Consulting firm. It is a reputable organization

Call . 08132765285

Need materials and tips on How best to prepare for the exam? For your best test prep solutions, visit https://mcfedututors.com/testprep-language-solutions/

For more information on exam registration, training, joining whatsapp/telegram study group, application to schools, Permanent Residence, access to study materials and Work permit, please visit https://www.mcfedututors.com or WhatsApp 08132765285.
GRE 45K IELTS 75K TOEFL 40k GMAT 100K, SAT 55K
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by majiddele75: 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
How much for gre guys??
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sammiel: 9:27pm On Feb 19, 2020
Greetings to the house. I recently applied to a business school but after completing the application my application checklist has toefl check box unmarked despite the fact that I added the school's Institutional code during my Toefl registration. The school is now telling me to get all items on the checklist sent before a specific deadline. My question now is if I am supposed to inform the school about my having requested that my Toefl scores be sent to them by ETS?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Jamaticulus(m): 1:22am On Feb 20, 2020
kikky91:
Hello please i want to register for GRE i want to know if anything can recommend a reputable person thanks....

If you know what's good for you, better register directly with ETS. I'm sure you've been reading the latest happenings here. Don't say you were not warned. Japaaa oh!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SOPWriter: 7:30am On Feb 20, 2020
Sammiel:
Greetings to the house. I recently applied to a business school but after completing the application my application checklist has toefl check box unmarked despite the fact that I added the school's Institutional code during my Toefl registration. The school is now telling me to get all items on the checklist sent before a specific deadline. My question now is if I am supposed to inform the school about my having requested that my Toefl scores be sent to them by ETS?

Yes, you should inform your proposed institution.

When did you sit for the exam, and when was your test report provided to you? Moreover, you should also understand that it takes approximately 10 days for your designated school to receive your test report (subsequent days from when your test report was made available).

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sammiel: 7:49am On Feb 20, 2020
SOPWriter:

Yes, you should inform your proposed institution.

When did you sit for the exam, and when was your test report provided to you? Moreover, you should also understand that it takes approximately 10 days for your designated school to receive your test report (subsequent days from when your test report was made available).
I sat for the test on 11th of January and received the test report a week later. Okay... Thanks for the reply.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Amahjosh(m): 1:08pm On Feb 20, 2020
Hello good day gurus in the house. I am retaking my first GRE next week barely 5 days away, my first GRE was low 296. I need help in selection of schools so i can send my score to them after my exam. I studied Computer Engineering majored in Computer Networks already certified in CCNA cisco certified networks Associate. My Ggpa is abit low 3.24/5, I have been finding it hard to come up with a list of universities for my Masters program in DATA SCIENCE during my research. But want to select 4 Universities using criteria like HIGH FUNDING opportunity(TA,Campus Jobs etc), high/moderately ranked school, Schools offering Data Science and Moderate tuition fee and high acceptance rate. Please i really want your input in the selection and even suggestion of universities that fit my profile, like Ambitious, Moderate and Safe Universities for my profile.

List of Schools

University of Texas Arlington
California state university long beach
Syracuse university New York
Northeastern university Boston Ma
San Jose University
University of South Florida
New York University (NYU)
University of South Carolina
University of Pennsylvania
University of San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of California Berkeley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Herbolajy: 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2020
Lilly001:
I sent you a mail
Congratulations. I'll like if you can please assist me with materials used and tips on the exam. Kindy reach me at herbolajy@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by PicLtd: 10:31am On Feb 22, 2020
Hello DanjaNinja, I'm trying to register a sibling for GRE. How and where is exam taken in the Eastern states of Nigeria?

Is there a list of places and dates for the exam in Nigeria like we have in IELTS?

Pls respond as soon as you can. Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mvem(m): 2:21pm On Feb 22, 2020
PicLtd:
Hello DanjaNinja, I'm trying to register a sibling for GRE. How and where is exam taken in the Eastern states of Nigeria?

Is there a list of places and dates for the exam in Nigeria like we have in IELTS?

Pls respond as soon as you can. Thank you.
Owerri and Portharcourt both have centers for GRE . Go to their website and you will see the centers and dates that are available
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by PicLtd: 5:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
mvem:
Owerri and Portharcourt both have centers for GRE . Go to their website and you will see the centers and dates that are available

I have browsed the gre.org website to no avail.
Can you give me a direct link? Thanks a lot.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
PicLtd:

ets.org/gre
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by PicLtd: 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
nelem:

ets.org/gre

Ok...will I find addresses and dates for test in Nigeria therein?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by majiddele75: 6:15pm On Feb 22, 2020
PicLtd:

Ok...will I find addresses and dates for test in Nigeria therein?
sorrry how much is the gre exams??
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mvem(m): 6:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
PicLtd:

you are not searching well. The ets website has all info you need......https://ereg.ets.org/ereg/public/workflowmanager/workflow?workflowItemId=tcAvailability

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Pekun210(m): 4:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
Good morning everyone, i appreciate the good works being done here and i pray everyone will have more reasons to smile...
Please I'm about starting all this process and i need help with school that are generous with funding for Agricultural students.

My profile
B.SC; Agricultural Economics and Extension services with a cgpa of 4.42/5

Intended Masters programme: Agricultural Economics or food and resource economics

GRE: currently preparing

And any advice will be really appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.