Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,472 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:17 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (565) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1333562 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Hannania(m): 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
libramid:
Guys please, I know the deadline for Fall 2021 application is approaching. I need your advice on safe schools in US to apply to, especially those that give funding? Just took my GRE, had Q162 V165. GPA - 4.05/5. I want to apply for Masters in Electrical Engineering
Firstly, nice profile you've got. Try these:

Uni of colorado Boulder

Florida state uni

Uni of Texas Dallas

Kensas state uni

Goodluck bro

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Lastbornbuns: 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2020
So you're also here
Hannania:

Uni of colorado Boulder

Florida state uni

Uni of Texas Dallas

Kensas state uni

Goodluck bro
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Hannania(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Lastbornbuns:
So you're also here
" where my heart is, there my treasure lies" smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Lastbornbuns: 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2020
Exactly! wink
Hannania:
" where my heart is, there my treasure lies" smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2020
TJ0987:
Guys please, do first generation college attendees have greater chances of admission for doctoral degrees if they indicate it in the application form? Or should I just tell the truth?

Also, should I state the other institutions I have applied to as requested in the application form? Or would it hurt my chances if I state the other schools I have applied to.

More questions to come guys, please kindly assist me.
The truth will set you free grin. If anything is found to be false on your app, then your chances would most likely be zero.
Regarding other schools, that question is mostly optional and so I leave mine blank.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2020
libramid:
Guys please, I know the deadline for Fall 2021 application is approaching. I need your advice on safe schools in US to apply to, especially those that give funding? Just took my GRE, had Q162 V165. GPA - 4.05/5. I want to apply for Masters in Electrical Engineering
Congrats on your big scores!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
a
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by eedie: 8:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
Any one have a magoosh account? Please let me know. I'm interested
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Blessing456: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2020
Hi Everyone, anyone got an advise on what to do? i have applied to a school for priority consideration for funding and assistantship, i have been given admission, but the department isn't saying anything tangible as to it when i asked. My question is, How do i claim or access this?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by libramid: 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
Thanks so much

Hannania:

Uni of colorado Boulder

Florida state uni

Uni of Texas Dallas

Kensas state uni

Goodluck bro

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ikponwmosaoba: 6:06am On Nov 30, 2020
Helo every one please who is in Miami University help a brother out please
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2020
libramid:

Good score. Check out SIUE, SIUC
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by libramid: 10:57am On Dec 03, 2020
Thanks, I appreciate.

calculator123:

Good score. Check out SIUE, SIUC

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by emmanuelle27: 11:05pm On Dec 04, 2020
Please brethren, I need help with GRE and IELTS/TOEFL study materials/past questions my e-mail is emmanuelebo27@gmail.com also if u are in Port-Harcourt kindly get in touch, i need help on how to get started
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by emmanuelle27: 11:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
Bro, ur score is too good, congrats, pls i need help on how u did it, materials, advice, etc. I NEED TO SCORE HIGH cos my cgpa is low, pls help a brother. i'll be very grateful if u can get in touch with me via emmanuelebo27@gmail.com . thanks boss.
libramid:
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SOPWriter: 10:03am On Dec 05, 2020
Queenmama03:
Hello everyone please apart from ID what else do we need to take to the center for the GRE test? Any need to print confirmation slip? Will they provide writing materials or do we need to go with ours. Also I read that phones are not allowed but is there a provision for where to keep our personal items? Guys please any relevant information is highly appreciated. Thanks
Centres differ; some would have you submit your belonging while it's tagged. If no provision of such is made available, then you will have to drop your property alongside those of others in a spot within the compound.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SOPWriter: 10:07am On Dec 05, 2020
Blessing456:
Hi Everyone, anyone got an advise on what to do? i have applied to a school for priority consideration for funding and assistantship, i have been given admission, but the department isn't saying anything tangible as to it when i asked. My question is, How do i claim or access this?
How exceptional is your profile? That's what attracts funding!

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Judee99(m): 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2020

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by horlahsunbo225(m): 6:02pm On Dec 05, 2020
Judee99:
Had my GRE last month. I was frozen in the first section.
GRE score: 147v 150Q
BSc: 4.52/5
Major: Tourism and Hospitality
TOEFL: 93

I will appreciate suggesting for universities with funding. Thanks
Search for universities that are waiving GRE
Texas A&M
Texas tech

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Queenmama03(f): 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2020
Walspring:

Lol. You are funny. Anyway what some of us don’t know plenty die.

I only have one moniker since 2013 that I joined nairaland and I have gone pass creating multiple monikers.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by AlphaMaximus(m): 7:48pm On Dec 06, 2020

8 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Aloysius20(m): 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2020
AlphaMaximus:
Evening house. I took the GRE recently and I had 329/340: 164Q (83rd percentile), 165V (96th percentile) and 4.5/6.0 AWA (80th percentile). My TOEFL score is 110/120. For my undergrad, I studied Petroleum and Gas Engineering at The University of Lagos and my CGPA is 4.67/5.00. Amongst other schools, I am keen on applying to the MS program in Petroleum Engineering at Stanford University, but I wonder whether my Quant score is on the competitive side. I'll appreciate your thoughts in this regard. Thanks.

Hello, your profile is quite nice with an excellent GRE score. I hope you're not just applying to only Stanford; spread your applications among realistic schools.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by smithval(m): 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2020
AlphaMaximus:
Evening house. I took the GRE recently and I had 329/340: 164Q (83rd percentile), 165V (96th percentile) and 4.5/6.0 AWA (80th percentile). My TOEFL score is 110/120. For my undergrad, I studied Petroleum and Gas Engineering at The University of Lagos and my CGPA is 4.67/5.00. Amongst other schools, I am keen on applying to the MS program in Petroleum Engineering at Stanford University, but I wonder whether my Quant score is on the competitive side. I'll appreciate your thoughts in this regard. Thanks.

You have a nice profile, though the Quant may be in the lower 50th percent of admitted candidates at Stanford, still, It's as stellar as it gets. Also apply to other schools.

Mind if I may ask if you've done your NACES/WES EVALUATION?

Deadlines are fast approaching, so, you should race against time to meet deadlines.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by AlphaMaximus(m): 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2020
Thanks for your response. The schools I am applying to do not require any external evaluation
smithval:

You have a nice profile, though the Quant may be in the lower 50th percent of admitted candidates at Stanford, still, It's as stellar as it gets. Also apply to other schools.

Mind if I may ask if you've done your NACES/WES EVALUATION?

Deadlines are fast approaching, so, you should race against time to meet deadlines.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by AlphaMaximus(m): 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2020
I'm definitely spreading my applications. Thanks.
Aloysius20:

Hello, your profile is quite nice with an excellent GRE score. I hope you're not just applying to only Stanford; spread your applications among realistic schools.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Lightning360: 11:08am On Dec 08, 2020
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by noahkumarwriter: 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
Get your academics psychology assignment writing help at any time and any where. just connect with Assignment Classmates.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by gargoyle: 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2020
Anyone needs a personalized GRE quantitative tutor should holla me at 08031376060.

You'll get an experienced GRE Quantitative Tutor at an affordable rate.

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by schopps: 6:36am On Dec 09, 2020
Hannania:

Uni of colorado Boulder

Florida state uni

Uni of Texas Dallas

Kensas state uni

Goodluck bro
Hi, how about safe and/or generous (funding) schools for chemical engineering MS programme too?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Timgreat31(m): 8:36am On Dec 09, 2020
Can someone pls help with information on cheap hotels around Marina, TBS or anywhere close. I'm writing my GRE next week at V.I?
Thanks.

DanjaNinja:

You welcome bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.