Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,659 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1345193 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
almeida3:

Great Physicist! Check gradschoolshopper.com
Every information you need is tabulated there!
Thank me now shocked

Do.you know any of such website for Statistics?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olaoke16(m): 6:43am On Jan 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Onlinebar: 9:11am On Jan 29, 2021
ponpon:
Came across another gre group on Facebook they have good materials... Especially tests and all....

Check them out... They are worth your time... In case you don't some of them...

GRE,TOEFEL,IELTS material -
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5HI5uTeYfmJaElqQTFwaFAwVG8

GMAT -
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwdHKX8qDf3URDZXUDA0aUlLbE0

extra material for GRE -
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1U4uLuP7vJzflgyX2E1YkwwUHEzM05YUUcwR2M1V1Fjdjc2ZWoxMWg2X3AtRlRjSXhGMlE&usp=drive_web

Check out the extra material it's very key

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Onlinebar: 9:44am On Jan 29, 2021
bayocanny:
I woke up exactly at 9am on Saturday morning for 10am exam (village people wan reason my matter but I no gree), I quickly shower and rush down to the receptionist and check out from the hotel. As a JJC wey I be for Lagos I don't have choice than to ask for directions to my test center, mehn Lagos folks no get joy some of them don't even answer me not to talk of helping me out of my situation.
To cut the story short I found my way to oshodi, I approached a young man and asked for directions to Gbagada, dude took me to a nearby motor park under the bridge and hand me over to one rugged looking agbero, I told the guy that am going to gbagada he said I should enter that the bus is heading to that side, i quickly jumped in like a policeman that wants to forcefully collect bribe from a motorist lol.
After about two minutes on the road we got hooked in a long hold up, I checked my time it was exactly 9:30am i chuckled and i said to myself "Bayo, na the second trick wey don wan use catch u be dis". I politely asked a old man sitting beside me how long is gbagada from where we are, he said is still far i inquire if it is treekable he said no, Haa!! i don enter am today i was sweating profusely thinking of how am going to by pass the traffic, I look through the window there was no sign of bike men, at this point i don't have a choice than to accept my faith that e don be for me today 50k go down the drain my American dream is about to be cut short, lots of things are running my mind yet I kept my cool knowing fully well that i will make it.
At about 9:45am the road was through and I got to my test center at 10:15am I quickly locate a food vendor nearby and I ordered for a plate of rice because hunger wey dey wire me that time ehn, i can't explain it lol. I got into the test center and did my clearance filled the form and signed, the security asked me to tender my means of identification I showed him my international passport and appointment script he said the name on my passport does not tally with the appointment page, I say wetin oga check very well jor I was so furious and frustrated, are you blind or what? I asked him. He said sorry it was a mistake.

DURING THE TEST

The first section happens to be the Issue task, it was quite easy and understandable because have come across it before on ETS website, check here... http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare/analytical_writing/issue/pool.
The Argumentative task was tough but I managed to write 6 paragraphs. Afterwards, I was presented the Quantitative section, the questions is not too hard but I fumbled alot i encountered some integers, geometry, word problems and data presentation. I barely use the on screen calculator because most of questions does not requires long calculation, I did my best and proceeded to the verbal section. Here, the time fly like a bird unlike the quantitative where you have luxury of time, I approached the Reading Comprehension first and spent approximately 15minutes on them then I move on to the TC and SE questions, unfortunately all the vocabularies I learnt didn't show up but those I encountered was very easier for me, i later discovered that have over read lol.
At the end of the test the computer displayed my scores on the screen V... 160. Q... 149.

TIPS.

Based on my experience, I will advise those that wants to write the GRE exam to embrace the official guide, I take God beg you that materials is the real deal the reason why i have a low score on my quantitative was because I didn't make use of the official guide but I read it for verbal.
For those that are weak in calculations pls don't be scared start from scratch, make sure you have the GRE Math Bible it's very effective and helpful, you can also get Manhattan series, they've got some madt elimination method for the quantitative section.
I will recommend the official guide for verbal, follow by Manhattan 5lb then magoosh, you will be fine. Don't bother to memorize vocabularies if you want to learn words effectively have a mobile dictionary on your phone Merriam Webster preferably and make use of www.dictionary.com it helpful.
Concerning reading comprehension, make sure you are reading at least two articles on The New Yorker, The Economist and Aldaily.com they have got some abstruse passages, all you need to do is to make sense of the articles and summarize it, I did it and it really helps alot.
Practice practice and practice if not for God sake at least for the sake of your hard earned 50k lol. I discovered I was weak in calculations and I embrace the concept of "strength my strength " which lies in verbal, however, I immersed myself in quantitative learning some basic ideas and approach.
The GRE demands mental strength, it's not easy to gaze at the computer for 4hours, when it is a week to your exam stop reading be sleeping very well, on the examination day it's not advisable to bring text books to the test center you don't need it. Eat very well and drink enough water before you leave for the exam and make sure you arrived at test center very early at least an hour to the exam, don't be like me ensure you set up your alarm before you sleep.

We can do it!!!!!!!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by almeida3: 6:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
Happening now!! join using the link in the picture below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Hybeesalau: 9:09am On Jan 31, 2021
Guys please who knows any GRE Home testing runz plug abeg PM ASAP!!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Thayoreey: 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2021
Pls guys, I'm an undergraduate starting my IT next month but I want to also utilize the period to prepare well and write the GRE but I don't know if undergraduates are also qualified to write the exam. Pls someone should help me clear my doubts.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
Thayoreey:
Pls guys, I'm an undergraduate starting my IT next month but I want to also utilize the period to prepare well and write the GRE but I don't know if undergraduates are also qualified to write the exam. Pls someone should help me clear my doubts.
Yes undergraduate can also write but note that the exam is valid for five years, so do your calculation very well
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Thayoreey: 9:56pm On Jan 31, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Yes undergraduate can also write but note that the exam is valid for five years, so do your calculation very well
Thanks alot, I appreciate your prompt reply
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Hybeesalau: 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hello , please anybody knows any GRE runz? Very urgent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hybeesalau:

Oga/Madam, sit your ass down and study for the GRE. Runs ko, runaway ni

7 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 1:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
almeida3:
Happening now!! join using the link in the picture below

Do.you know the YouTube handle for ANSA?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bisfolarin: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hybeesalau:

Nawa oo. Just dedicate 2 months for intense preparations and pass the exam...you are there looking for runz

7 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:24am On Feb 10, 2021
ponpon:
Came across another gre group on Facebook they have good materials... Especially tests and all....

Check them out... They are worth your time... In case you don't some of them...

GRE,TOEFEL,IELTS material -
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5HI5uTeYfmJaElqQTFwaFAwVG8

GMAT -
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwdHKX8qDf3URDZXUDA0aUlLbE0

extra material for GRE -
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1U4uLuP7vJzflgyX2E1YkwwUHEzM05YUUcwR2M1V1Fjdjc2ZWoxMWg2X3AtRlRjSXhGMlE&usp=drive_web

Check out the extra material it's very key

Please, are these the latest books and materials for preparing for these tests? Please, if there are more recent links, I will appreciate if anyone here can share with me. And additional suggestions will be appreciated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Lightning360: 5:06am On Feb 10, 2021

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 10, 2021
Lightning360:

For the GRE, Most recent materials are from Princeton, Manhattan and Kaplan.

Kindly check out pdfdrive.com

There's no latest review from ETS, still the 3rd Ed for the general test and 2nd Ed volume 1 for both QR and VR.

Still check out pdfdrive.com
Thank you and God bless you. I am spending my next 3 months to study hard for this test. Thank you again.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mrrandomguy: 11:48am On Feb 12, 2021
how did you register and pay for your GRE?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Admitwithschola: 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
I thought someone might be interested in this opportunity:

Mathematics Training for Economics, Finance and Management PhD Applicants

As part of our continued contribution to the improvement of human capital in Nigeria, we are offering a 9-month certificate course in mathematics. The purpose of this course is to improve the mathematical background of candidates intending to pursue a PhD in a quantitative social science or business field, but who have not been exposed to the varied mathematical tools used quantitative social science or business at the (advanced) graduate level. The 9-month course will cover proper mathematics courses, including real analysis, linear algebra, differential equations, multivariate calculus, applied functional analysis (mainly optimization) and, for the most gifted and talented, measure theory and topology.

For selected applicants, the cost of attending the course is FREE. For non-selected applicants, unfortunately we do not accept tuition fees for admission to the certificate course. The course is taught online by a distinguished associate professor of mathematics.

For those eager to attend, please email your applications to – info@baumtenpers.com and baumtenpers@gmail.com
Deadline for sending your applications is 24 February 2021. Please including the following in your application packets:
1. Your BSc and MSc transcripts (or BSc for those who don’t have MSc)
2. Letter of intention to participate in the certificate program
3. 2 letters from people who can vouch for your character and ability

This course is most beneficial to those who wish to apply for a PhD in Economics, Finance or Statistics in Canada or the US and want to show that they have taken and excelled in the prerequisite mathematics courses for PhD.

At the end of the program, transcripts will be issued to successful candidates.

Signed
Mgt

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by oxx4: 12:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
Reference
intrinsicniyi:

Hi,

# For Issue Essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhzlaHXHaK4&t=290s

# For Argument Essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFa8oeXXuoA

These 2 videos earned me 4.0 in AWA and I'll recommend it for anyone.

What did I do after watching the videos?

After learning the techniques explained in the aforementioned weblinks, I modeled my test-day essay topics along side the techniques. Additionally, you can read through sample essays in ETS guide to bolster your Analytical Writing Skills

Goodluck!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by tizzdi(m): 4:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
AspiringPHD:
Just quoting this for reference purpose.

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by JIREN01: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
As it seems the deadline for most schools has passed? Would writing GRE next month and applying to as many schools as possible be a good idea? And can funding be secured during summer and winter?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
intrinsicniyi:

Hi,

# For Issue Essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhzlaHXHaK4&t=290s

# For Argument Essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFa8oeXXuoA

These 2 videos earned me 4.0 in AWA and I'll recommend it for anyone.

What did I do after watching the videos?

After learning the techniques explained in the aforementioned weblinks, I modeled my test-day essay topics along side the techniques. Additionally, you can read through sample essays in ETS guide to bolster your Analytical Writing Skills

Goodluck!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 5:56pm On Feb 15, 2021
JIREN01:
As it seems the deadline for most schools has passed? Would writing GRE next month and applying to as many schools as possible be a good idea? And can funding be secured during summer and winter?

Face Fall 22 if you can.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Campuslink: 11:43am On Feb 16, 2021
JIREN01:

While you can still get funding in winter or fall depending on your program, your chance is minimal. The best intake for funding is fall admission. Goodluck.
If you need help getting admission with funding, contact 08188557049

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 16, 2021
Onlinebar:
I don't even know where to start. Please help me.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by yinkard4me(m): 2:12pm On Feb 18, 2021
solihp:
This list was provided to me when I asked sometime ago, you can check them out.

A. ROLLING ADMISSIONS -
What does "Rolling" mean - Under rolling deadlines there is no fixed application deadline declared by the university. Applications are accepted anytime till the seats for that particular semester are full.
University of Toledo
Wright State University, Dayton
California State University, Long Beach
Oklahoma City University
Rochester Institute of Technology
State University of New York, Binghamton

B. FALL SESSION ADMISSIONS -
(August-December Semester)

US Universities with Deadlines in March -
George Washington University – 15 March
Polytechnic Institute of New York University, Brooklyn – 15 March
South Dakota School of Mines & Tech – 15 March
University of Colorado, Denver – 15 March
University of Kentucky, Lexington – 15 March
University of North Texas, Denton – 15 March
Stevens Institute of Technology – 15 March
University of Pennsylvania – 15 March
California State University, Northridge – 31 March
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa – March

US Universities with Deadlines in April -
Idaho State University – 1 April
University of Arkansas, Little Rock – 1 April
California State University, Fresno – 1 April
oregon State University, Corvallis – 1 April
University of Houston, University Park – 1 April
University of Michigan, Dearborn – 1 April
University of Texas, San Antonio – 1 April
University of Utah, Salt Lake City – 1 April
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University – 1 April
West Virginia University, Morgantown – 1 April
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo – 1 April
Wichita State University – 1 April
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville – 1 April
University of Houston, Clear Lake – 1 April
University of Oklahoma, Norman – 1 April
University of Memphis – 1 April
Villanova University – 1 April
California State University, Los Angeles – 15 April
Lamar University – 15 April
Old Dominion University, Norfolk – 15 April
South Dakota State University, Brookings – 15 April
University of Georgia – 15 April
University of Iowa, Iowa City – 15 April

US Universities with Deadlines in May -
City University of New York, City College – 1 May
Clarkson University – 1 May
Illinois State University, Normal – 1 May
Mississippi State University – 1 May
Northern Illinois University, Dekalb – 1 May
Oakland University, Rochester – 1 May
University of Idaho, Moscow – 1 May
University of Memphis– 1 May
University of Michigan, Dearborn – 1 May
University of Nevada, Las Vegas – 1 May
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque – 1 May
Wayne State University – 1 May
Western Illinois University – 1 May
University of North Dakota, Grand Forks – 1 May (General)
University of Texas, Dallas – 1 May (General)
Boise State University – 15 May
Southern Methodist University – 15 May
University of Louisiana, Lafayette – 15 May
University of Colorado, Denver – 15 May (Final)
Louisiana State University, Baton Rogue – 15 May (Final)
University of North Dakota, Grand Forks – 15 May (Computer Science)
Montana State University, Bozeman – 15 May (Most of Engineering Departments)
Wright State University, Dayton – 15 May (Early)
Lawrence Technological University – 22 May

US Universities with Deadlines in June -
Louisiana Tech University, Ruston – 1 June
Monmouth University – 1 June
California State University, Fresno – 1 June
Kent State University – 1 June
New York Institute of Technology – 1 June
Syracuse University – 1 June
Texas A & M University, Kingsville – 1 June
Texas State University – 1 June (Final)
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville – 1 June
University of Arkansas, Little Rock – 1 June
University of California, Riverside – 1 June (without Aid)
University of Detroit, Mercy – 1 June
University of Illinois, Springfield – 1 June
Florida Institute of Technology – 8 June
Drexel University – 13 June
Marist College, Poughkeepsie – 15 June
California State University, Northridge – 15 June
George Mason University, Fairfax – 15 June
Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla – 15 June (Final)
Tulane University – 15 June

US Universities with Deadlines in July -
Florida State University – 1 July
Lamar University – 1 July
Minnesota State University, Mankato – 1 July
Arkansas State University – 3 July
Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville – 15 July
University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport – 15 July
University of South Alabama, Mobile – 15 July (Computer Science)
University of South Alabama, Mobile – 1 July (Other Engineering Departments).

US Universities with Deadlines in August -
State University of New York, Albany – 1 August (without Aid)
Villanova University – 1 August (Computer Science)
University of North Carolina, Charlotte – 15 August (Final)
Note

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ademijuwonlo(f): 9:07am On Feb 19, 2021
Hakym8T:
Looking to register for your TOEFL/GRE Ibt?
Enjoy this giveaway!!
Register for either test for N55k only and also get free study materials!
DM 07055477207
Training classes also available online and offline(Lagos only)
is two weeks enough to prep for TOEFL?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fall2021: 7:33pm On Feb 22, 2021
ademijuwonlo:

is two weeks enough to prep for TOEFL?
I prepared for 3days and I scored 100. Two weeks is sufficient

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ademijuwonlo(f): 6:47am On Feb 23, 2021
Fall2021:
I prepared for 3days and I scored 100. Two weeks is sufficient
Thanks so much for your positive response. Please was that your first time of taking the test?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.