Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1347602 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Rriol: 9:58am On Jul 21, 2021
Walspring:

Hi. What’s good and check your pm

Hello Walspring, please kindly reply your email. Please it’s urgent.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ronaldoguy: 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2021
Themaths:

This is kinda surprising to say the least, how then can they verify your grades and results?

1. For the WES, is it that they accept other forms of transcripts evaluation?
2. For the GRE, is it that they said it's not needed for Ph.D. prospective students, or it was waived maybe due to covid? because from experience, even if they say it's optional, they will still say if you have taken the test, submit your scores.
3. I understand many schools will waive the English proficiency requirement, but some schools still use it to evaluate for T.A/G.A/R.A positions.

In summary, if you can, take the GRE and TOEFL, aside for admission and funding reasons, it can also help show readiness for graduate study during Visa interviews, although not all V.O ask though.

Goodluck!!!

Thank you Chief, I will be taking the TOEFL based on the recommendations I have received so far, for the GRE, it was not required at all not due to covid19....so I guess there's no need.

However on the issue of WES, most school websites I have visited didn't mention transcript evaluation, most of them only states unofficial transcript for admission and official transcript should be mailed following admission offers.....only 1 out of the 4 schools is asking for official transcript sent from my university before admission....that's why I'm thinking maybe it's not necessary to do WES evaluation, you know all these things cost money....or is it a must to still do it whether its stated or not, thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by tbred: 9:03pm On Jul 21, 2021
intrinsicniyi:

Hi,

# For Issue Essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhzlaHXHaK4&t=290s

# For Argument Essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFa8oeXXuoA

These 2 videos earned me 4.0 in AWA and I'll recommend it for anyone.

What did I do after watching the videos?

After learning the techniques explained in the aforementioned weblinks, I modeled my test-day essay topics along side the techniques. Additionally, you can read through sample essays in ETS guide to bolster your Analytical Writing Skills

Goodluck!

Bookmarked
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Themaths(m): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ronaldoguy:

Thank you Chief, I will be taking the TOEFL based on the recommendations I have received so far, for the GRE, it was not required at all not due to covid19....so I guess there's no need.

However on the issue of WES, most school websites I have visited didn't mention transcript evaluation, most of them only states unofficial transcript for admission and official transcript should be mailed following admission offers.....only 1 out of the 4 schools is asking for official transcript sent from my university before admission....that's why I'm thinking maybe it's not necessary to do WES evaluation, you know all these things cost money....or is it a must to still do it whether its stated or not, thanks.

Yes, WES evaluation costs money jare. What most people do is, they look for schools that will evaluate your application based on unofficial transcripts just like you have done. When you get admitted, possibly funded... Then you can go ahead and send in the official one.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Dalmakz: 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2021
To whom it may concern...

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OscarChisom(m): 12:38am On Jul 23, 2021
Hello, I have a perplexing question that I've been thinking about and would need help from you folks that have had the experience. I'm an o'level student, left secondary school 6years ago and have not had chance to go to school due to finance. Now I want to enroll for part time next year, so I'm contemplating between NOUN or running a part-time in Yabatech, I want to go for computer Science, and I can't go fulltime cos I'm self sponsored and would need to be working while I study. I'm in Lagos

My issue is this, I come from a quite a primitive setting and it has affected the way I see and think about things. E.g, I can hardly put correct English words together verbally, and I'm very much intimidated in the presence of educated people. This I want to change. And It would have been better if I go to a 'normal' full time school so as to really get 'educated and civilised, and change my overall way of thinking, speaking and doing things. This I believe will come from regular and steady mingling and coming in contact with refined, educated individuals, and regularly being in a scholarly environment.

If I run a part-time program or do self study through National Open University, I might not be able to achieve this. And it's one of the major reason I want to get educated. Please any way I can get through this? Or any words you might have for me, I'd appreciate your thoughts and advice.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Notifydamdam: 12:59am On Jul 23, 2021
NoFap123:
First practice test, Kaplan

Hello bro,
Please can you post the link to the practice test.
Is it free or paid?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 3:18am On Jul 23, 2021
Notifydamdam:

Hello bro,
Please can you post the link to the practice test.
Is it free or paid?
Thanks.

kaptest. com

remove the space

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 3:20am On Jul 23, 2021
OscarChisom:
Hello, I have a perplexing question that I've been thinking about and would need help from you folks that have had the experience. I'm an o'level student, left secondary school 6years ago and have not had chance to go to school due to finance. Now I want to enroll for part time next year, so I'm contemplating between NOUN or running a part-time in Yabatech, I want to go for computer Science, and I can't go fulltime cos I'm self sponsored and would need to be working while I study. I'm in Lagos

My issue is this, I come from a quite a primitive setting and it has affected the way I see and think about things. E.g, I can hardly put correct English words together verbally, and I'm very much intimidated in the presence of educated people. This I want to change. And It would have been better if I go to a 'normal' full time school so as to really get 'educated and civilised, and change my overall way of thinking, speaking and doing things. This I believe will come from regular and steady mingling and coming in contact with refined, educated individuals, and regularly being in a scholarly environment.

If I run a part-time program or do self study through National Open University, I might not be able to achieve this. And it's one of the major reason I want to get educated. Please any way I can get through this? Or any words you might have for me, I'd appreciate your thoughts and advice.

Anything is piossible if you put your mind to it. By the way please NOUN over YCT for obvious reason
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Notifydamdam: 3:30am On Jul 23, 2021
NoFap123:

kaptest. com

remove the space

Thank you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OscarChisom(m): 10:31am On Jul 23, 2021
Thank you but please, what are the reasons? They are not so obvious to me
NoFap123:

Anything is piossible if you put your mind to it. By the way please NOUN over YCT for obvious reason
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 11:06am On Jul 23, 2021
OscarChisom:
Thank you but please, what are the reasons? They are not so obvious to me
NOUN gives you a Bsc.
YCT gives you OND / HND.

For int'l scholarships, the BSC. can save you money for transcript evaluation which a poly graduate must do. Also, don't forget the BSC/HND dichotomy still exists in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by annybank2018(f): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2021
Assignment Help preparation and submitting assignments and essays before the deadline is a tough nut to crack. It takes extreme dedication. What if, you do not have this much availability? GOTOASSIGNMENTHELP service provider. It can take away all the pain you are in. You can What if, you have planned things that are clashing with your courses? What if, you are regularly getting less grades your courses? If this sounds you fit, then you should probably take Thesis Help Online from get plagiarism free assignment and Programming Assignment Help and that too with high quality. This can probably bring A+ grade and you can roam proudly with best grades under your arm.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Walspring: 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
Rriol:

Hello Walspring, please kindly reply your email. Please it’s urgent.

I have replied since and yet to get your response.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hernandson(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
Happy Sunday all,I am interested in
doing my MSc in USA, had the zeal but needed a way means of funding my self, currently working and have a dog as a side hustle which i can sell the pup and use in getting most of what i need, the thread is quite voluminous though. Studied sociology and looking toward MSc in criminology or Forensics. Any guidelines pls
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bond4141(m): 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Hey
I'm starting the lesson next week monday but leave your email address here and i'll send you some soft copy materials you can use to prepare for the GRE

Pls bro, I need this kind of help. I'm in a similar situation with the guy.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bond4141(m): 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Walspring is a trusted member
Ponpon is another trusted member

How much is walspring charging for GRE registration
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Steph1738aye: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2021
Heyy
Send me an email and I’ll forward the information to you
Bond4141:

Pls bro, I need this kind of help. I'm in a similar situation with the guy.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bond4141(m): 9:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Heyy
Send me an email and I’ll forward the information to you

Odeniyanojo@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jhormmy: 8:28am On Jul 26, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Hey
I'm starting the lesson next week monday but leave your email address here and i'll send you some soft copy materials you can use to prepare for the GRE

Please can you also send to me jhormmy1@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jhormmy: 8:29am On Jul 26, 2021
Bond4141:

How much is walspring charging for GRE registration

Co ask
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by schopps: 11:56am On Jul 26, 2021
Co-ask @walspring @ponpon
jhormmy:

Co ask
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Steph1738aye: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2021
Just a tip for anyone currently self studying or planning to self study for the GRE and isn’t able to get all the preparation textbooks (cause they’re quite a lot for one exam).
Get Kaplan. It’s extremelyyyyy detailed and contains A LOT of explanations on how to answer each question and each section. I bought the official GRE Guide by ETS for the obvious reason that it’s made by the test makers but I use Kaplan from my lesson center to study whenever I’m there and the GRE Guide when I’m home and I’ve seen the clear difference in both textbooks.

Goodluck to everyone, including myself, currently preparing for this exam! 320> for all of us! Amen.

7 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by tbred: 7:10am On Jul 27, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Hey

sugarboy675@gmail.com

I’d appreciate having the materials too. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bond4141(m): 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
I want to register for GRE exam. Who knows any cheap and reliable centre in Abuja.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by tbred: 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Hey

Thanks for the study study materials, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Femmylawy: 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
Took test 3days ago and scored 310 but noticed that action/score status changed from unavailable to blank. Is that normal or something is wrong? Can any body that just took his test help out. It's under view all my tests on e you log in to ur gre home page.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by eagshay94(m): 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hello OP, I want to sit for the GRE soon and I'm using princeton's review but I feel not comfortable with just princeton... pls recommend a very good material that will help me achieve high scores on the GRE. And secondly, i studied botany at undergrad in a state uni here in naija, please I would like to know list of schools that offers funding and courses related to my area. Thank u so much fam����
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by JosephSnr01(m): 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2021
Walspring,
Please kindly contact me; I need your help on GRE registration.
ayomichaeljoseph@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.