Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence (2090 Views)

Photo: Police Woman Reportedly Collapsed Today At A Polling Unit In Abeokuta / Cemetery Attendant Wants Funsho Williams Murder Case Retried / Bola Tinubu's Fence And The Sambisa Forest Poster. #WTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by eledacedar(f): 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
For weeks( about 3 weeks or more), the fence of Atan Cemetery that collapsed has been left abandoned. If you pass through Harvey road, you will observe the exposure of the cemetery to passers-by.

Why have Lagos state govt., Lagos mainland LGA and Yaba LCDA left the collapsed fence unattended to?

This lack of maintenance by governments at all levels is so pathetic.

Blocks have been put there for weeks, probably for the reconstruction of the fence but the truth is that the blocks will not set themselves to become a fence.

Nigeria! Nigeria!! Nigeria!!!

When will those in authority act at the appropriate time? Is it until when miscreants take advantage of the broken fence to steal corpses that the government will start to blow grammar?

Somebody should tell Mr Jide Jimoh(Chairman yaba LCDA) and Barrister Fashola (Lagos state gov.) to do the needful.

Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by oduastates: 3:14am On Jul 29, 2014
Should the cementary be fenced in the first instance?
Your question should be ,"why is the cementary not properly landscaped and the grass well trimmed.
On the other hand,the department of transport or safety should remove the road hazard.
Talk to your LGA chairman or be a good citizen and move those block off the road.
And if I w Fashola ,my reply would be ,"what percentage of your income ,if any ,did you pay as taxes to the Lagos state government"
You beta travel comot that prison wey dem dey call Nigeria go see how things works elsewhere.
Many times ,you have to walk through a cementary to get from point A to point B.M any cementary are inside parks / playground and yes ,there are no witches and wizards in the cementary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by ChrisOD: 4:23am On Jul 29, 2014
oduastates: Should the cementary be fenced in the first instance?
Your question should be ,"why is the cementary not properly landscaped and the grass well trimmed.
And if I w Fashola ,my reply would be ,"what percentage of your income ,if any ,did you pay as taxes to the Lagos state government"
You beta travel comot that prison wey dem dey call Nigeria go see how things works elsewhere.
Many times ,you have to walk through a cementary to get from point A to point B.M any cementary are inside parks / playground and yes ,there are no witches and wizards in the cementary.

Typical yoruba semi illiterate calling cemetery cementary over and over and over again. Graduates with forged certificates

7 Likes

Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by oduastates: 4:54am On Jul 29, 2014
ChrisOD:

Typical yoruba semi illiterate calling cemetery cementary. Graduates with forged certificates
It has not been proof-read and for your information ,very few university courses are marked for high levels of proficiency in what for me,is a foreign language .
Also,being a graduate does not always equip someone with common sense.In your case,I doubt they would have succeeded if they had tried knocking it in with an hammer.
The fact that you understood what I was talking about,show that the post has already served its purpose.It is functional .Online etiquette also dictates that I do not have to write as if I was sitting for an examination .
My being an half baked graduate (according to you) did not stop me from graduating with honours from a very good foreign university with a few post qualification professional qualifications to boot .

However,Mr literate ,just looking at your post history ,I might as well be talking to a table.Not only are you are deranged bigot , your legendary stupidity on this website for hopping from one Fashola and SW thread to the other is also well known.
You are not from Lagos ,neither are you from the SW .Why are you infatuated with Fashola/Yorubas ?you have a governor in your state. Fashola is under enough pressure from his own people who are mostly satisfied with him .we do not need the help of people like you .
Why should we take you seriously if a whole state 's budget in your region, is being used to run a private bank ?
Now,move over.

Ode

1 Like

Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by hurricaneChris: 6:38am On Jul 29, 2014
Driving from my crib in onike towards Agnes via that road at night these days has become an impossible task for me lately. Harvey road ordinarily is a high risk-road at odd times. I know many cases of bag-snatching and rape incidents at gun points on that road. Because armed robber would take advantage of the loneliness and devour unsuspecting passers-by.

A good look inside the cemetery and some moments of reflection would definitely send fears down ur body. One starts to wonder why some tombs have chains round them.

The yard is soooo unkempt! Infact it looks like an abandoned forest.
And the contractor incharge of that road seems very unserious. I swear places like atan cemetery shouldn't be left open to the public view.
Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by oderemo(m): 7:26am On Jul 29, 2014
ChrisOD:

Typical yoruba semi illiterate calling cemetery cementary. Graduates with forged certificates
Result of a demented brain ravaged by akpu/ugh.
Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by scribble: 7:34am On Jul 29, 2014
Mods front page....that looks like an eyesore and it is where people's parents are buried...

Fashola na thief sha
Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by eledacedar(f): 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
@oduastates,

Considering the fact that the fence had been erected years ago, I see no reason why it shouldn't be maintained. If you knew how notorious the area was years ago, you would understand why the fence is there. Talking of landscaping, areas inhabited by the living are begging for it, I doubt if anyone would pay much attention to landscaping a cemetery. Note that some private sites within the cemetery are properly landscaped.

Road hazard you say? The road is actually under renovation though the contractor has abandoned the renovation for some time( weeks now).

You mentioned taxes. For a fact, i have appended my signature to over #3,000,000.00 in taxes to the LASG, ranging from LAND USE CHARGE to others i wouldnt like to mention here.

Talking of traveling to places, i've been to many places but the truth is I i feel more at home here. The infrastructure is there in those places you might be talking about but THEY DONT GIVE LIFE, they only add value to life.

My post has no mention of witches and wizards so why bring it up?
Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by ChrisOD: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
oduastates:
It has not been proof-read and for your information ,very few university courses are marked for high levels of proficiency in what for me,is a foreign language .
Also,being a graduate does not always equip someone with common sense.In your case,I doubt they would have succeeded if they had tried knocking it in with an hammer.
The fact that you understood what I was talking about,show that the post has already served its purpose.It is functional .Online etiquette also dictates that I do not have to write as if I was sitting for an examination .
My being an half baked graduate (according to you) did not stop me from graduating with honours from a very good foreign university with a few post qualification professional qualifications to boot .

However,Mr literate ,just looking at your post history ,I might as well be talking to a table.Not only are you are deranged bigot , your legendary stupidity on this website for hopping from one Fashola and SW thread to the other is also well known.
You are not from Lagos ,neither are you from the SW .Why are you infatuated with Fashola/Yorubas ?you have a governor in your state. Fashola is under enough pressure from his own people who are mostly satisfied with him .we do not need the help of people like you .
Why should we take you seriously if a whole state 's budget in your region, is being used to run a private bank ?
Now,move over.

Ode

Mr Cementary ba wo ni cement? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by eledacedar(f): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
oduastates: Should the cementary be fenced in the first instance?
On the other hand,the department of transport or safety should remove the road hazard.
Talk to your LGA chairman or be a good citizen and move those block off the road.

Think and reason properly before you open your mouth. What makes you think you are the only one that has TRAVEL COMOT.

Lots of people travel in and out at will yet they still contribute to change wherever they are.

I also don't think comparing Nigeria to a prison is actually reasonable. Haba!
Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by Arosa(m): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2014
Neglect everywhere!
Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by eledacedar(f): 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
hurricaneChris: Driving from my crib in onike towards Agnes via that road at night these days has become an impossible task for me lately. Harvey road ordinarily is a high risk-road at odd times. I know many cases of bag-snatching and rape incidents at gun points on that road. Because armed robber would take advantage of the loneliness and devour unsuspecting passers-by.

A good look inside the cemetery and some moments of reflection would definitely send fears down ur body. One starts to wonder why some tombs have chains round them.

The yard is soooo unkempt! Infact it looks like an abandoned forest.
And the contractor incharge of that road seems very unserious. I swear places like atan cemetery shouldn't be left open to the public view.

Over 20 years ago, a friend's mum was robbed and killed on that road around 6am. Every now and then, cars are snatched from people. With the abandoned road construction, you cannot drive at high speed and when you slow down, miscreants hiding in the cemetery can easily attack you.

The element will be 'surprise'.
Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE SHOULD DO THE NEEDFUL.THE DEAD REALLY NEED THEIR 'PEACE'.... RIP THINGS.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 09, 2014
Wha Bout Now?? Has it been takinq care of? sad
Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by upko: 10:03am On Oct 09, 2014
The living are neglected in Nigeria, not to talk of the dead.
Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by eledacedar(f): 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
Aijalon:
Wha Bout Now?? Has it been takinq care of? sad

Not at all.
Re: Abandoned ( Collapsed) Atan Cemetery Fence by MCMLXXVI(m): 10:13am On May 17, 2015
Damn.

(1) (Reply)

Confirmed Election Results direct from INEC - INEC / Boko Haram Always Knew When Soldiers Were Coming,’ Freed Captive Says / BREAKING NEWS: Pipeline Explosion In Bayelsa,12 People Confirmed Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.