Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals (15426 Views)

FG Moves To Secure List Of Properties Owned By Nigerians In Dubai / FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products / FG Moves To Check Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by unuane1(m): 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
The Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria on Monday raised the alarm over plans by the Presidency to clampdown on the Nigerian Medical Association and privatise all hospitals owned by the Federal Government.

Doctors in Government hospitals under the aegis of NMA have been on nationwide strike for the past one month over alleged breach of agreement reached by both parties.

The association said information reaching its secretariat revealed that if the proposal sails through, soldiers would be drafted to secure all the medical institutions while para-military medical professionals would be deployed to perform the role of Doctors.

The President of MDCAN, Dr. Steve Oluwole, in a statement obtained by THE PUNCH in Abuja wondered whether the replacements would be better alternatives to roles performed by Doctors.

He said, “In the event that the Federal Government tows this course of action, the military will be deployed to guard the medical institutions with military and para-military medical professionals rendering services in the mean time.

“All public health institutions will be privatised. Then, the ‘no work no pay’ principle will be enforced; Doctors who are interested will be protected to resume duties while new ones will be employed to take their place.”

Several calls and text messages by to the Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, for response on the issues were not replied.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/07/fg-moves-privatise-hospitals/

6 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Descartes: 9:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
Good move

19 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Ezedon(m): 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
Can it be possible for something good to come out of this country one day?

6 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
Privatization will be great. Every group is taking advantage of weak and poor governance to exploit the state and the public. Government cannot run medical services correctly so let the efficiency of the free enterprise take hold. In 2 years people will stop flying to India. Free market economics is the only thing that will save this nation.

23 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by kkkp: 9:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
Crazy government dey should privatize d country

22 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by antartica(m): 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
jerseyboy: Privatization will be great. Every group is taking advantage of weak and poor governance to exploint the state and the public. Government cannot run medical services correctly so let the efficiency of the free enterprise take hold. In 2 years people will stop flying to India. Free market economics is the only thing that will save this nation.

It will still go the way of power sector or oi blocksl,given to their croonies that are as irresponsible and inefficient as the government itself.And nigeriaw ill become a more dangerous place to be,because the sick poor will never get the poor little medical attention they get now.It will be like america medical system today transported back to the dark scenerio.No mercy.

18 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by saintkash(m): 10:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
is that the worst d F.G can do?...make I go climb lilo jor
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by oduastates: 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
He should first of all ,privatise the office of the presidency.
He should start by looking for foreign investors to fill that seat of the state which is on autopilot.

You already have privatised healthcare in Nigeria .it is called st Nicholas hospital . Just be ready to sell your head to a ritualist to afford the place.

On a more serious note,the federal government has consistently shown herself as incapable of running anything. ,and this goes beyond jonathan.
The worst run states achieve better results than the federal government.
Look at the Lagos Ibadan road .that is the busiest and most strategic road in the country.
Look at the apapa road leading to the ports ,that is where they get close to 40% of federal revenues .
Any right thinking person/government would have done everything possible to protect her nest egg.
Look at the busiest airport in the country?
out of shame,a good government would have presented her best face at that airport.
Look at the electricity sector ,you would have thought that the lack of airports was the biggest problem afflicting the country.

26 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Babyboy1986(m): 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
Make i book my space i go come back to comment

I don't tired for this can of government way dey run our country.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by BE811APP: 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
Will it Solve the Problem

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by macpetrus(m): 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
Maybe Good or Bad....

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by IYANGBALI: 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
Na obituary be dat o for the masses

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by adeoladrg(m): 10:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
Cool something..
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by XVIER(m): 10:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
what is it again? Jonathan!!!!! after privatizing NEPA pls what is the outcome? i wont be here when the massacre starts in this Nigeria #i'm off to Uganda#

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by joshuapharm(m): 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Lovely to settle the disputes. It's gon be hard on the patients. But consumer interest group can be formed to push for patients interest.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by moneybag100: 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Bull crap....be ready to pay 10,000 naira for malaria treatment which cost about 1000 naira now.......
This man call Jonathan just surround himself with clueless advisers...The man should be called..."EBOLA"

6 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by idris4r83(m): 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
Spread mat
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Willgates(m): 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
wonderful

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by superamoled: 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
It will simply become EXPENSIVE
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by InwehAkpevwe(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
Very funny! Na 2 priv8tze markets nd schools nai remain o! Clueless Govt

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by psychologist(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
Chai chai chai
They are @ it again ooo
Oppressing the poor/middle class since 1967 cry
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by apasico(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
That is the best thing to do, this Doctors are holding us to ransom too much, killing innocent citizens. They all have their private hospitals and clinics where they devote more of their time.

Doctors are not suppose to go on strike, the court or National Assembly would have been an option.

Please FG do this move as fast as possible, in fact tomorrow will be fine.

8 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by idris4r83(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
Descartes: Good move
na by force to post?

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by capip120(m): 11:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
FG privatize Phcn bill double now dem wan privatise Hospital make patients come they pay hospital bills with their kidney.
what economic system of government FG dey practice sef? very soon wey go here say FG privatize NNPC.

last bullet FG make una privatize bomb cos e be like say na only BOKOHARAM get dat one.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by kilmix: 11:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
I thought in their oath they swear to save life before any other interest.
(I stand to be corrected)
More like saving their pocket first

Conversation between Okon and Madam Isi {pepper soup joint owner}

Okon: Madam Isi your pepper soup scent oo. Na which meat u take run am?

Madam Isi: Customer na Correct FRESH BUSH MEAT O.

Okon: Abeg arrange me one plate.

(Okon was served a plate of Hot Pepper Soup).

Okon: Madam Isi this ur Bush Meat Pepper Soup make sense die.

After eating, Okon paid for the plate of pepper soup.

One week later Okon took ill, was diagnosed of EBOLA VIRUS and died

Spread the News EBOLA VIRUS is deadly.

Mind what you eat,
sterilize sharp objects
Always wash your hands
Be on the look.

Report any suspected unusual illness to.......

Doctors are on strike

OK report to any health centre or government health agencies.

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by tonyot(m): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
I support the idea. atlesst all ds incessant strike will stop. I know the cost of medical service wil increase but that seems d best of options at d moment

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by SKIPCY(m): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
Nice move.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by pinpinkay: 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
Dear God , I know u R doin great wit the rain , but please .I av washed my cloths for d past 4 days now and it is nt dried .... Pls do somtin sir ...............................

................................Yours faithfully
.................................Pinpinkay

5 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
Make I book space,I go comment next week
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Haryorqunley(m): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
smileyThat seems to be a good move. The president himself should even be privatise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Interrogates Dodo On Halliburton Scandal / Sheriff Spreads Lies, He Wants To Be President — Makarfi / Onitsha Port Concessioned To 2 Firms, May Commence Operations This Year - NIWA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.