Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend (1769 Views)

How To Deal With A Jealous Girlfriend [GF] / Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating! / Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by lalasticlala(m): 10:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
Jealousy, an intense emotion when unchecked or stopped in the initial stages can cause irrevocable harm to the person who experiences this emotion. It can also probably put an end to all his/her relationships. Jealousy is one such emotion which raises its ugly head time and again, afflicting either a boy or a girl romantically involved with each other. We have heard of many acts of recklessness a boyfriend had to deal with because of his jealous girlfriend. Why does my girlfriend constantly experience bouts of jealousy? Is it something I say or do?
A girl getting a wee bit jealous when her boyfriend looks at other attractive girls is a natural phenomenon, but if this jealousy assumes abnormal proportions, then it's time to take quick action!

An overtly jealous girlfriend can destroy her relationship with her boyfriend if she begins to view every normal situation, as a potential threat to her relationship. In such a situation how does the boyfriend learn to deal with a jealous girlfriend? Let us find out the ways.

Tête-à-tête

A heart-to-heart conversation with your girlfriend may help in finding out the real source of her jealousy. Maybe, she has had a bitter relationship with her ex who was cheating on her. Once the ‘source’ of her jealousy is established, try to wipe out this fear of ‘losing you’ from her mind.

Constant assurance

A jealous girlfriend needs constant assurance. Assure her that there is no ‘threat’ to your relationship especially in the form of another woman. Give her details on your time away from her. Let her interact with your near and dear ones. Talking to the people who know you best may help her realize that her fears are unfounded.

Fear of your ‘female’ friends

A jealous girlfriend’s imagination runs haywire every time she thinks about your ‘female’ friends. Your time away from her is definitely a time out or scampering to your female friends. Introduce her to your circle of friends especially to the female lot. She should be made to realize that you don’t go around scouting for female company the moment you turn your back on her or during her absence.

A role reversal ‘act’

If her overbearing attitude is causing you sleepless nights, just assume the role of a jealous boyfriend. Likewise, call her every hour to inquire about her whereabouts, what she is wearing, who she is with, etc. After a few days of these love (read curious) calls, your jealous girlfriend may realize how irritatingand annoying and unnecessary this can be.

Professional help

If all your methods of dealing with your jealous girlfriend have failed, then it’s time you seek professional advice. Accompany her whenever she goes to meet her counselor or psychologist. An expert’s advice and interference may erase the irrational thoughts and bouts of jealousy from her troubled mind.

Dealing with a jealous girlfriend can be a wearisome time for the boyfriend. Apart from her jealous streak, if you share a good relationship with her, it should become your prerogative to help her get rid of this intense emotion. A little bit of care, love and loads of patience from you will help you in successfully dealing with a jealous girlfriend.
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
Weldone lala darling but I'd rada prefer u in d celeb/movie department*kisses*
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by maxism2: 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
I have actually picked one or two tips from here.

My baby girl is very jealous o.

If I chat with my female cousins she gets jealous.

if I smile at another girl, wahala.

but aside that, she's a very faithful and sweet girl and a wife material
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
Thanks
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by 2romantic: 11:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
My girlfriend once told me that she would beat me up and arrest me if she ever meets me with another girl.

I give am a very clean slap

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by lalasticlala(m): 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
rozzay: Weldone lala darling but I'd rada prefer u in d celeb/movie department*kisses*

really?

Thanks babe
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Ebubeslym(m): 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
[size=15pt]call her every hour?[/size]

like seriously?
?
i never marry her yet ohhhh
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
My GF dey wan die wen am chatting with another babe, though I don't feel the same way when she chats with a guy.
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by lalasticlala(m): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
Lacomus: My GF dey wan die wen am chatting with another babe, though I don't feel the same way when she chats with a guy.

lol
maybe she loves u more than u do.
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2014
lalasticlala:

lol
maybe she loves u more than u do.
Bro I love her too
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
hmmmmnn
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by OmoAlata1(f): 11:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
I am allergic to jealous people, they are psycho. They can kill in the heat of the moment.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by mabisi(f): 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
yes ooo
OmoAlata1: I am allergic to jealous people, they are psycho. They can kill in the heat of the moment.
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by SlimCupid(m): 12:41am On Jul 29, 2014
OmoAlata1: I am allergic to jealous people, they are psycho. They can kill in the heat of the moment.
well said
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by maxism2: 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
maxism2: I have actually picked one or two tips from here.

My baby girl is very jealous o.

If I chat with my female cousins she gets jealous.

if I smile at another girl, wahala.

but aside that, she's a very faithful and sweet girl and a wife material
....awww u r lucky man....
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
2romantic: My girlfriend once told me that she would beat me up and arrest me if she ever meets me with another girl.

I give am a very clean slap
....n u r proud to say dat??
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Greyworld: 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
temigracie: ....n u r proud to say dat??

yu neva can tell, priority differs.
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Smartsyn(m): 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
How I wish I have a jealous girlfriend...
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by dytbabe: 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
Oxone:
Lmao! Thought as much cos I don't either

What is wrong with me
I wrote TYPED nt TYPES
Frowns

I think I rem now
I meant to write
I lost that dude to madt jealousy
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by fitzmayowa: 10:07pm On Jul 29, 2014

#true talk..
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by daveP(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
rozzay: Weldone lala darling but I'd rada prefer u in d celeb/movie department*kisses*
when Lala become darling under ma nose.(smooches beard) if 'SHE' CATCH U EHN??
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by daveP(m): 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
Personally am still tryna get over fearing pple that get jealous.i jst redraw, or lay low.cos what ave seen.....i dont want an acid bath!
The 'role reversal' is so tricky.lol
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Oxone(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
dytbabe: Lol
Ask my ex
I showed that guy hell of trouble and then he gives silent treatment and ur gal starts to cry and plead grin grin grin grin

What works for me was when he assures me all the time grin grin, yes all the time cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't neglect me else na wahala part 2 grin grin grin

Above all, I was and still a very special being despite my sweet troubles, lovable and always happy

*sobs, I love that dude to maranti jealousy*

*clears throat*
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Houseofglam7(f): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
*yawns*
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by dytbabe: 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
Oxone:

*clears throat*

E be like say I was high when I types that
Cos I don't understand my last sentence
grin grin grin
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Oxone(m): 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
dytbabe:

E be like say I was high when I types that
Cos I don't understand my last sentence
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by dytbabe: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
Oxone:

Wait o
Did I actually edit the first post?
Now I know bed calls
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
daveP: when Lala become darling under ma nose.(smooches beard) if 'SHE' CATCH U EHN??
. She ll understand dat am d E- wife
Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by Oxone(m): 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
dytbabe:

Wait o
Did I actually edit the first post?
Now I know bed calls

Lwkmd! Night deary

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Jealous Girlfriend by dytbabe: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
Oxone:

Lwkmd! Night deary

That wasn't me
Am so sure
Am not slpy jor

Am sure its SEUN that's messing with me
SEUN, warm ursef oo, ehn ehn

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catching My Girlfirend Out On Cheating!!!! / good morning / World's Most Identical Twins Who Share Everything Including Same Boyfriend!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.