Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) (1519 Views)

HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job / When You Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / I Want To Quit My Banking Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by Jazzgreen(m): 5:35am On Jul 29, 2014
It came to me a shocker when one of my coursemates told me she would be leaving medicine for arts and designing. Asked her the reason for that she said its just what she wants to do. Though all her life she has dreamt of being a doctor until late last year she developed this sudden love for arts. Her parents dont support her idea one bit but she is becoming so adamant,now she asked me for advice and im so confused.
Please guys what do you suggest i tell her which she would never have to regret later. Thanks for your valued contribution
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by Jazzgreen(m): 5:39am On Jul 29, 2014
Dnt knw if dis the rit place. Mods
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by Mohitto: 5:58am On Jul 29, 2014
let her finish her medical cause first den go for her passion which is arts. No matter what one does in life later, its always good to have a first degree - it gives u more respect, more confidence, more prestige.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by pendusky(m): 6:09am On Jul 29, 2014
Let her follow her Instinct if she want to quit no forcing on her or she'll be a failure later. Why do you think Art is inferior to medical profession? allow her.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 29, 2014
Follow your dreams and then go broke! grin

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by Jazzgreen(m): 7:03am On Jul 29, 2014
A appreciate your good contributions so far . but about following her instint;wat about her parents? she said the first time she told them about it; it was like hell let loose , now she wants to take the step all on her own (though her parents are her sponsor). tell me wat should she do about her parents ?
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 29, 2014
its not about being a medical doctor. Its abour her following what she loves best!
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by temi4fash(m): 7:05am On Jul 29, 2014
I tink dis thread shld be moved to the familly section....
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 29, 2014
She probably already has her mind made up on this, most times they already have.
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 29, 2014
Life is not about your family, you did not come into this world to live for others you came to live for you.

If going into arts will make her fulfilled, she should! but what she should do is weigh her options:
Is it going to be profitable?
Will I regret it later?
Will I be happy?
the list goes on and on...
Taking into account Nigerias Arts 'n' Design state!

She should get Realistic!
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by TVTKOKO(m): 9:07am On Jul 29, 2014
ABEG NA LIE JOOR! AS SHE HEAR EBOLA VIRUS MAKE HER CHANGE HER MIND
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by holyboss: 11:01am On Jul 29, 2014
It aint no bigie, shez a gal. d worst if her career path aint paying too well later she can just lean on her man (that's is shez is lucky to av a good man with a nice pay) Otherwise #SMH.. Boh for a guy I won't a change at all. Medicine pays well if can bag its degree..
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by Munalove(m): 9:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
TVTKOKO: ABEG NA LIE JOOR! AS SHE HEAR EBOLA VIRUS MAKE HER CHANGE HER MIND
guy that was wat my lil broda told me thou hes nt yet into medicine buh him wan write pume.as he hear ebola nd read post he cum meet me say he no wan do medicine again
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by TVTKOKO(m): 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
Munalove: guy that was wat my lil broda told me thou hes nt yet into medicine buh him wan write pume.as he hear ebola nd read post he cum meet me say he no wan do medicine again
bros abeg free the guy o e no eay
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by DBestDoc(f): 6:42am On Jul 30, 2014
@Op what level is she now?
Is she doing well in school?

I would advice she tries her best to get done with med. Sch, then she can switch over to Arts. That way, she can easily fall back to her medical career if somewhere along the line she suddenly realizes she never wanted Arts afterall.

If she can go with this plan, there will be little or no regrets at the end of the day.
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by wanjiku1980: 5:31am On Aug 25, 2014
Sometimes its all about passion and where you want to be as this article clearly demonstrates.

http://www.careerpointkenya.co.ke/2014/08/22/meet-one-leading-female-djs-hustles-juggles-three-jobs/
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by PMIcon(m): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
Mohitto:
let her finish her medical cause first den go for her passion which is arts. No matter what one does in life later, its always good to have a first degree - it gives u more respect, more confidence, more prestige.

I'm not sure you know 1. the rigors of med school 2. the cost (in time, money and relationship) 3. the missed opportunities in schooling outside your passion (first degree is good but why not in the area of ones passion that is the mistake most people make) and 4. which is the worst, the way people isolate you and think you are overqualified or unreasonable (as the case may be) and how you may have to spend the rest of your life trying to convince people close to you that you are not stupid.

Except she wants to become a medical artist (which she wouldn't need medical degree for anyway) everybody had better let her be because EVERYBODY involved will suffer the consequences later. I know what I'm talking about.
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by PMIcon(m): 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2015
Jazzgreen:
It came to me a shocker when one of my coursemates told me she would be leaving medicine for arts and designing. Asked her the reason for that she said its just what she wants to do. Though all her life she has dreamt of being a doctor until late last year she developed this sudden love for arts. Her parents dont support her idea one bit but she is becoming so adamant,now she asked me for advice and im so confused.
Please guys what do you suggest i tell her which she would never have to regret later. Thanks for your valued contribution
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2015
I aspire to be a writer but i am currently studying Building and i intend to complete it before pursuing my writing career. Nonetheless, this has not stopped me from practicing my skill. She should have it in mind that this is Nigeria. I advise her to complete her Medical degree before pursuing Art, if not for anything then at least as a backup plan.
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by princedanalyst: 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
well she needs a manager; let me know if she's interested, could combine both
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by Joshuadon: 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
BimiOne:
I aspire to be a writer but i am currently studying Building and i intend to complete it before pursuing my writing career. Nonetheless, this has not stopped me from practicing my skill. She should have it in mind that this is Nigeria. I advise her to complete her Medical degree before pursuing Art, if not for anything then at least as a backup plan.

This is Nigeria,she should first of all get her first degree then go for her PASSION(very important if u want to have a happy life)
Re: She Wants To Quit Medical School For Arts&designing(please Help) by Standard007(m): 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
undecided lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Experienced Electrician, Solar And Inverter Engineers Wanted In Lagos, PH & Uyo / How To Make 10k Daily On TBD INCOME PROGRAM / Stephen Akintayo Biography, Education, Career, Marriage & Net Worth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.