Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test (30169 Views)

8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive / Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach / Mikel & Oduamadi Picked For FIFA Doping Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by pazienza(m): 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
englishmart: I don't have a problem with the suspension. But, I have a problem with her age.
Chika Amalaha I know is 26 not 16.

Are you her mother? grin
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by onoja12: 3:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
Why should the B sample be tested in london,why not in a nigerian lab

denniece1: The Nigerian gold medallist Chika Amalaha has been
provisionally suspended from the Commonwealth Games
after an in-competition drugs test resulted in an anti-doping
violation, the Commonwealth Games Federation has
announced.

The 16-year-old Amalaha provided an ‘A’ sample on July
25 - shortly after winning the women’s 53kg category -
which revealed traces of diuretics and masking agents.
Amalaha will have a ‘B’ sample tested at a laboratory in
London on July 30.

The Commonwealth Games Federation chief executive,
Mike Hooper, said: “We [have] issued a formal notice of
disclosure to an athlete following an adverse analytical
finding as a consequence of an in-competition test. That
athlete is Nigerian weightlifter Chika Amalaha who was
tested on July 25th. That athlete has now been suspended
from the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.”

Hooper added: “[the substances] are diuretics and masking
agents. In general terms, these substances are on the
prohibited list for two reasons - firstly in weight category
sports they can be used to unfairly aid weight loss … and
secondly, their use has been reported in attempts to mask
the presence in the body of other prohibited substances.

“The relevant processes, as detailed in our anti-doping
standard for the Games, are now being followed and Ms
Amalaha has pursued her right to have her ‘B’ sample
tested. This will take place at an accredited laboratory in
London tomorrow, July 30. Upon receipt of those results
the process will continue.”

www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jul/29/commonwealth-games-chika-amalaha-fails-doping-test?CMP=twt_gu
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Litmus: 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
Cheated, straight and simple. I knew she would be cheated and stated it on the thread celebrating her gold medal.

Nigerians are systematically being cheated in international events, I've noticed and the "we are corrupt brigade" bare a large responsibility. You people do not understand the white run international community.

I'm so incensed, i cant tell you....

The next thing that will happen is that the paid/sponsored fake tribalists will take to their computer and turn what shgould be and inquiry on our path into navel gazing and the thieves abroad will get away again scot-free.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by GodMode: 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
APContherun:
Yeaa the same way Damola Osayomi failed a drug test after winning gold in the 100m @ the Delhi games in 2000 and was stripped of her medal. Where is Damola from abeg?

The person that made the comment may not be of Yoruba decent...

stop thinking that any one that comments against Igbos is of Yoruba decent.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by onyeuka: 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
Chai... Nawa oh
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by proclivity: 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
sure say no be fufu dem see...oyinbo call am doping sad
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by GodMode: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
Litmus: Cheated, straight and simple. I knew she would be cheated and stated it on the thread celebrating her gold medal.

Nigerians are systematically being cheated in international events, I've noticed and the "we are corrupt brigade" bare a large responsibility. You people do not understand the white run international community.

The next thing that will happen is that the paid/sponsored fake tribalists will take to their computer and turn what shgould be and inquiry on our path into navel gazing and the thieves abroad will get away again scot-free.

If she fails the second test then she cheated not that she was cheated.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Litmus: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
Poor Blessing...

let's just hope that they're going to be satisfied with cheating one Nigerian thus be a little cautious about tampering with her samples
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by otokx(m): 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
Will the B sample save her?
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Litmus: 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
GodMode:

If she fails the second test then she cheated not that she was cheated.

I don't believe any of their tests when it comes to Nigerians...i know how irrational i might seem but i know these people to my core, i know how they think at a genetic level....call me chip-shouldered and all the the cliches that they wheel out to stop people like me pointing out the truth!

you people can play rational to your hearts content, i don't believe a word they say until the Nigerian girl, herself, says she took drugs.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by texazzpete(m): 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
Litmus: Cheated, straight and simple. I knew she would be cheated and stated it on the thread celebrating her gold medal.

Don't be an irrational racist, my friend!
She tested positive for the banned substances because she likely took them. Stop bringing forth stupid and brainless conspiracy theories.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by GodMode: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
Litmus:

I don't believe any of their tests when it comes to Nigerians...i know how irrational i might seem but i know these people to my core, i know how they think at a genetic level....call me chip-shouldered and all the the cliches that they wheel out to stop people like me pointing out the truth!

you people can play rational to your hearts content, i don't believe a word they say until the Nigerian girl, herself, says she took drugs.

Then u can be easily deceived...
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by mediachirps(m): 4:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
I trust these guys with hi-tech. But, Why my country? Is this a sign of ....?
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
I feel sad for her
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Litmus: 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
GodMode:

Then u can be easily deceived...

Certainly not easily deceived by Oyibos. Even when i look into the eyes of one i can see their inner Neanderthal looking back at me through the millennia, bristling with vengeful energy for the ills of our ancestors wink.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by tuffgongjo(m): 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
We all have to wait the second test before we start coming to a conclusion.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
Litmus:

exactly wat im tinkin, do u think those oynibo will be happy
bcoz nigeria won d most medal on weight liftin
ofcoz dey will look for any way to bring us down
who knows how many times they ran d test to make sure d see somtin
if wen dey dont see anytin thye must mak sure dey see somhow!
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by maclatunji: 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
The silver medalist who was weeping like someone died because she came second must be going bonkers by now with happiness.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by maclatunji: 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
texazzpete:

Don't be an irrational racist, my friend!
She tested positive for the banned substances because she likely took them. Stop bringing forth stupid and brainless conspiracy theories.

Nigerians are becoming the best in the world when it comes to conspiracy theories.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
Na jealousy de worry Oyibo them. Na Naija food she eat no be drog. Make them check am wella

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Litmus: 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
tosscash1:

exactly wat im tinkin, do u think those oynibo will be happy
bcoz nigeria won d most medal on weight liftin
ofcoz dey will look for any way to bring us down
who knows how many times they ran d test to make sure d see somtin
if wen dey dont see anytin thye must mak sure dey see somhow!

Another Nigerian female weight lifter was also cheated of a higher medal when it was upheld that her elbows twitched or didnt lock properly. You could tell, by the commentaries of the commentators, that they cheated her . During these sporting situations, Oyibos are never jittery unless something is drastically wrong. They-commentators - were making statement such as, 'i ve never seen this before (therefore never seen judges penalize weight-lifters in other competitions for that particular thing before) etc. However, i suppose that commentators have to avoid controversy and follow the party line and so, in the end, the female commentator stated, during the slow-motion repeat, "oh, i can see, her elbows wobbled slightly there"

pitiful angry

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by vainfairy: 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
denniece1:

Really sad...it portrays in a bad way...I even saw a tweet "is it not nigeria, it is not a news"

bloody mofos!! Like armstrong, tyson, et al r nigerians too Poor political & economic climate's putting us in d wrong spotlyt!! Let's wait for july 30th's results.... Fingerz crossed!!
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by ifedinnma(f): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
Chika is someone I knw personally and know her as a hard working young lady. Her personal coach is also a God fearing woman and another hard worker. I wnt dispute the fact that traces of banned substances where found in her blood, but I will insist that how it got into her blood, whatever she took, she did without knowing it contains those sunbstance. I pray the second test vindicates her.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by ogashman(m): 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
iyke926: Hmm...na weed she smoke?

no.na tramol she take
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by tonytony208(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
TOPCRUISE: How could that have happened. Could it be the drug she took failed to digest on time prior to the incident

even if it digests, there will always be toxic effects (side effects). Believe me, every drug has toxic effect no matter how little of it you take. D drugs can be traced by their characteristic toxic effects. After digestion, some of the metabolites (left over) of the drugs can still be left in the body long after use.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by ifedinnma(f): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
pazienza:

Are you her mother? grin
I wonder oh! I knew chika from 4 yrs ago and she finished secondry school in 2012 when iwas abt leaving for youth service.
People can talk puaaaaaaaa out of ignorance

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by gidjah(m): 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
I REALLY wish my lady weight lifter all d best. we need that gold in our nation by fire by force using all good means neccessary.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by ohimai83: 9:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
myworld01: if Na 16years old oyinbo win am... dem no go test her o
SMH people actually liked this post?
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by englishmart(m): 10:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
pazienza:

Are you her mother? grin
she is 5years older than me..........

She was my elder brother's class mate
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by dozai: 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ordinary Diuretics, na him be say i am on drugs naa.[b][/b]
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by dozai: 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
ifedinnma: Chika is someone I knw personally and know her as a hard working young lady. Her personal coach is also a God fearing woman and another hard worker. I wnt dispute the fact that traces of banned substances where found in her blood, but I will insist that how it got into her blood, whatever she took, she did with knowing it contains those sunbstance. I pray the second test vindicates her.
I really dont see anything wrong in taking diuretics. This is sold off the counter. Na waa so laxis and co don become performance enhancing drugs?
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by pickabeau1: 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
16?.... hmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mauricio Pochettino Confronts Mike Dean After Burnley Loss (Photos) / Ligue 1 Season Is Over As No Games Will Be Allowed In France Until September / Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.