Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online (485471 Views)

How To Make $1,000 Or More Every Month From Simple Food Business / Make A Huge Money Through Writing And Researching Online / Make Money In Writing And Researching Online As A Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ugotex85: 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
Greetings Lady writer and other gurus in here. This is one week plus of registering in freelancer yet have not been able to win a bid yet. I didn't use their one month trial. I've been out of Nigeria for 2 years now and my atm cards no longer active. Can I use any of them even though I plan to use the Payoneer Mastercard which I have already applied for.
Pls how possible is it?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by satmaniac(m): 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
satmaniac:

You did not say amen to my prayers oh wink you don't mind taking me under your wings, I am ready to be a humble student, I hope I have a willing teacher in you!

You got mail.

Check your mails @ladywriter, I have just sent an email.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by dmostcheerful(f): 8:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
pls ladywriter, i sent u an email wit address dmostcheerful.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by dmostcheerful(f): 8:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
pls ladywriter, i sent u an email wit address dmostcheerful. pls help and reply, ur advise is needed.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ambrosini593(m): 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
ladywriter: Hi Guys, i will answer all your mails and questions later in the day. Please bear with me!
. What do I do. I keep failing the free test and without that I can't bid for project. Moreover I can't complete my profile. Still showing 36% completion. Pls advise me
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ambrosini593(m): 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
carpaints: good morning all, i apply for the payoneer card and i am on stage 2 now for verification.
when i was filling the postal code i made mistake instead of 104001 i put 104101 because i will prefer to receive in the post office
pls help me it is urgent,how do i make changes before it is been shiped.
thanks in advance.
. How did you arranged your address with ur area code ? Pls give an example that I can follow. Thank you
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ambrosini593(m): 10:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
Xpressionz:

1. Yes, I registered with my Atm card BUT NO MONEY WAS DEDUCTED. It is for the Plus membership which is around $9 per month but you enjoy one month trial period. In addition, you will be given the about 100 bid credit for a month. If you don't register with your ATM card, you will only get about 10 bid credits for a month if I am correct. After one month, the money will be automatically deducted from your ATM card but you can always discontinue this service if you are not interested.

The benefit of registering with your ATM card is that your rank in bids will increase. Even though you are among many freelancers that have not completed any order, you will rank higher because you have confirmed your payment method with your ATM. I must however say that not all ATM cards are accepted. I tried both my GTB and Skye Bank ATM cards but they both did not work. I reluctantly decided to try my UNION BANK card and it surprisingly worked.

2. NO, I have not written any test. It is not a must you write a test before you begin because the tests cost money to complete. You have to pay around $5 for each test and since I had not made any money when I joined, I decided not to write any test and even though I have made close to $100 in one week of joining, I am yet to write any test (Maybe I am stingy...). When I make enough, I will write some tests but as I said, you can start without the tests even though the tests actually increase your rank in bids and increase you chance of winning bids.

3. I don't know cos I have not taken any as I said.
. Have not been able to bid for a project. Anytime I tries they keep referring me to take a test first. Why
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by carpaints: 7:35am On Aug 15, 2014
ambrosini593: . How did you arranged your address with ur area code ? Pls give an example that I can follow. Thank you

e.g
7, goodluck cresent,
Jonathan street,
Ikeja, lagos.
search for the nearest postal code in your place on google.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ambrosini593(m): 7:47am On Aug 15, 2014
carpaints:

e.g
7, goodluck cresent,
Jonathan street,
Ikeja, lagos.
search for the nearest postal code in your place on google.
. Thank you. It seems you are a prophet. I live in goodluck jonathan road in yenagoa. Somehow similar to the example you've given. But where do place the postal code in the address?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by pete3000: 7:51am On Aug 15, 2014
i guess i am not late,following sha
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by samplanner(m): 8:20am On Aug 15, 2014
Xpressionz: I am gradually making progress. In about a week of starting at freelancer.com, my account stands at around $90 which is not bad for a new freelancer though I am still hoping to get a bank breaking order.

@Ladywriter, I want to ask what the ₹ currency stands for. It is often used by employers at freelancer.com but I browsed and could not find any reference to this currency. Please help me out. Thanks.

Oga xpe, pls could u help tell me what method did u use to receive your payment? as in did you use your normal bank account or payoneer or any other means. pls share to us bcs u will definitely safe a soul.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by carpaints: 8:31am On Aug 15, 2014
ambrosini593: . Thank you. It seems you are a prophet. I live in goodluck jonathan road in yenagoa. Somehow similar to the example you've given. But where do place the postal code in the address?

lol, you will see a box for the postal code.
my card is due to arrive 10-17sept
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by satmaniac(m): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
carpaints:

lol, you will see a box for the postal code.
my card is due to arrive 10-17sept

Carpaints, what if someone dont have a national ID,driving license and international passports? Any alternative means of Identification say like voters' card acceepted?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by henrimoto(m): 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
satmaniac:

Carpaints, what if someone dont have a national ID,driving license and international passports? Any alternative means of Identification say like voters' card acceepted?
you can use the voters card, it's know as government issued i.d card. The v.i.n of your voters card will be your i.d number

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by carpaints: 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
bros, how do you run your package with issue of electricity problems?
can i use an android tab?
cos i dont have a laptop now.
pls anybody can answer me.

Xpressionz:

The only strategy that I have learnt to use so far is to always stay online and be among the first group of people to bid for a job. I write and the few orders I have got has been from writing. Sometimes, employers are in a hurry to get a job done so if you keep refreshing the latest orders and bid early, you may just be the one for the job. I have had this experience a couple of times, though I end up turning down most orders because of the very low pay.

To be sincere, I cannot explain how I got my first order but I may partly attribute it to a well written profile. I did not bid for the job, I just saw a message from an employer asking me if I could write some articles for him. We chatted and agreed and he created the order as a private one. I am presently on my third order for him.

This is an experience of a newbie o...Let the gurus come and share their thoughts too.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
I will be sharing links and be a source of motivation to you guys here.

There is a Nigerian who makes as much as $50/ article written.

When I get home, I will tell you about him and where to find him.

Writing online is REAL!

Stay tuned...

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Xpressionz: 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
ambrosini593: . Have not been able to bid for a project. Anytime I tries they keep referring me to take a test first. Why

I seriously don't know how that happened. When I joined, I was not required to do any test. I just had a very limited number of bids to place which is 10 in a month. The number of bids however increased after I confirmed my payment method with my Atm card. Infact, I just took my first test now based on Ladywriter's advice which is the US English test. So I really dont understand why it is asking you to complete a test before you can bid. However, if it does ask you to take a test, why not just take it. Based on the test I just did, it is so simple I am wondering how I scored as low as 93% cos I was expecting 100%.

samplanner:
Oga xpe, pls could u help tell me what method did u use to receive your payment? as in did you use your normal bank account or payoneer or any other means. pls share to us bcs u will definitely safe a soul.

Bros. The truth is that I have not tried withdrawing yet. I just dey look my money for face and I wan make e increase well before I comot am. I already have my payoneer card though not from freelancer and I plan withdrawing into it.
carpaints: bros, how do you run your package with issue of electricity problems?
can i use an android tab?
cos i dont have a laptop now.
pls anybody can answer me.

My brother. The truth is that you really need a laptop o...working on an android tab is not easy in my opinion but if you can try it sha, no lele. As per, electricity ish, bros na gen o. I dey buy fuel steady. When light no dey, I go on gen and when my laptop full, I go go off am. When ma ba3 don dey off again, I go go on gen again and so the cycle continues.

11 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by legalwealth(m): 12:58am On Aug 16, 2014
Xpressionz:

I seriously don't know how that happened. When I joined, I was not required to do any test. I just had a very limited number of bids to place which is 10 in a month. The number of bids however increased after I confirmed my payment method with my Atm card. Infact, I just took my first test now based on Ladywriter's advice which is the US English test. So I really dont understand why it is asking you to complete a test before you can bid. However, if it does ask you to take a test, why not just take it. Based on the test I just did, it is so simple I am wondering how I scored as low as 93% cos I was expecting 100%.

Bros. The truth is that I have not tried withdrawing yet. I just dey look my money for face and I wan make e increase well before I comot am. I already have my payoneer card though not from freelancer and I plan withdrawing into it.

My brother. The truth is that you really need a laptop o...working on an android tab is not easy in my opinion but if you can try it sha, no lele. As per, electricity ish, bros na gen o. I dey buy fuel steady. When light no dey, I go on gen and when my laptop full, I go go off am. When ma ba3 don dey off again, I go go on gen again and so the cycle continues.

You are definitely right as getting himself a laptop is cool of which I will recommend portable one that he can carry all about conveniently if need be.He should also consider laptop with great battery backup and I should have just recommended Samsung Solar Mini NC215 with 10.1 inches which was the one I formerly used before getting bigger one but it seems brand new version of the laptop is no longer available but he should be able to still get used one.
If he has up to N50,000,I will recommend he gets for himself one of my USA Asus X200MA-RCLT07 11.6" Windows 8.1 Touch Screen Laptops lasting up to 8 hrs available at https://www.nairaland.com/1856452/new-usa-asus-x200ma-rclt07-11.6

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by legalwealth(m): 1:02am On Aug 16, 2014
Xpressionz:

Forget about using Payoneer to withdraw on sites you write article on when most of them pay out with PayPal which is faster and reliable than payoneer.Considering the rate in naira per dollar that you will get from Payoneer and PayPal,PayPal leads because you can get paid as high as N150/$ if you use PayPal even without having your PayPal account which is the reason you must read How To Get Your PayPal Earnings Even If You Do Not Have Your Own PayPal Account from https://www.nairaland.com/1849297/how-get-paypal-earnings-even
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by legalwealth(m): 1:05am On Aug 16, 2014
satmaniac:

You can get paid with PayPal then if you can't get payoneer which I even go against using because of their outrageous rate.
Just through my update above! !!
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by legalwealth(m): 1:08am On Aug 16, 2014
ladywriter: I have been making money online writing/researching online for the past two years now. I got my first writing job here on Nairaland with a content writing firm in Lagos. I worked for a few month with the company and then moved to www.freelancer.com. Freelancer.com is authentic and most importantly it is free. You can receive your income directly in Nigeria through a master card issued by a company known as payoneer.

Freelancer.com
Freelancer.com is an online marketplace where employers post their jobs and members executes it. There a lot of jobs available on the website - such as writing/data entry/research/ typing/web design/social media marketing/market research/business plan writing etc.

What is required:
1. Open a free account on freelancer.com
2. Search for jobs in the marketplace
3. Place your bids
4. Get picked by the employer
5. Get paid
6. Withdraw your income into payoneer card
7. Withdraw your money from any mastercard ATM in Nigeria.

If you have questions get in touch with me on virtualassistprof@gmail.com

Interesting but permit me to ask this;how much do you get paid in naira per dollar whenever you use Payoneer to withdraw?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 16, 2014
Is freelancer the only site you guys are using?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ResourceMan(m): 3:43am On Aug 16, 2014
@ All
Do not ever think of usng paypal to collect your funds. When it comes to freelancer.com paypal is completely useless. To make matters worse they still do not accept Nigerians. The scam called paypal only allows Nigerians to make limited payment with their platform.
Freelance recognizes the use of Payoneer master-card. Anyone who wants to make a business out of the internet in Nigeria should Forget Paypal.

6 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by sccofield(m): 5:47am On Aug 16, 2014
hello please i need your help I applied for the payowwner master card, then i was sent a mail that my application was blocked, even when i tried loggin in it told me account blocked error m404. please is the anytin i did wrong. what can i do to salvage the situation. Also is it advisable to integrate my normal visa card with freelancer? Also how do you win bids here
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 16, 2014
As promised, I decided to take my time today.

I couldn't update because I was on the road travelling yesterday.

As at 2012 when I was making research to venture into article writing, I came across a rare gem who had built a reputation on the web from article writing, a fit not many Nigerians, even journalist, have done in their life, despite their profession which is largely inclined to writing. We are talking about $3000-4000/month earner

His name is Bamidele Onibalusi:

http://m.digitaljournal.com/article/324854

That link is his interview on an international tabloid! He has gone far! Read and get inspired. What you will find there is going to amaze you.

I mentioned $50/article above but frankly, that was 2012 rate. He may well be earning as much 200-400/article by now.

Writing on the web is a business and only those who treat it as such will excel.

Forget about money... Yes, you heard me. Forget about money and offer value. Good writers are hard to find on the web and those who find a good writer rarely want them to go. They will keep you for long and coming back for more. Focus on attracting these set of people by being a good writer. Bidding for jobs is a pain in the a55. Why not get as much as 10 clients to keep who would want your job frequently and so you don't have to keep bidding for peanuts?

In any venture in life, it's all about positioning, packaging, branding-get a website!

If your only interest in this business is money, you may not go far, except those who have rare passion for it.

Sorry if I sound hash... You may likely burn out easily, especially when things aren't working in your favour. Then you will join the packs of those who lament and call online money scams.

It happens... All the time and I have seen it over the years. However, the truth remain that you were never cut out for that horizon. You were just after quick money! Psychologically, when you are so fixated on quick money, you miss the intricate details that make the whole systems and flow-station (permit me to borrow that term from O&G background) mechanism--the thing that make this thick!

You can find Bamidele at his blog with lots of articles to teach you. Some are by guest bloggers: writersincharge.com/blog. It used to be Youngprepro.com. He changed it already.

Get a blogger blog at blogger.com(it's FREE) and put up articles there. This will come in handy when clients request for samples. You can quickly refer them to you blog. This will help you alot.

Writing on the web does not need you to be verbose or grandiose. Take note of that. Why? People who come online emanate from varying backgrounds and the best way to keep them is to write so that even a primary 6 can understand and implement the info ASAP. Not many people are highly educated. You are not there to impress anyone or confuse them, you are there to keep them glued to the screen. I am saying this because some of you might have felt nervous that you don't have much vocabulary under your belt. Relax... We Nigerians speak better than some Chinese and Indians who take up these jobs-- In fact, they are the cause of the peanuts paid to writers in present day.

It's all about simple and correct English and if you know how to punctuate rightly, it's a plus!

Reading and writing is the key to becoming a better writer.

Go Hard or Go Extinct!

Good luck, buddies! smiley

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by sccofield(m): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2014
sccofield: hello please i need your help I applied for the payowwner master card, then i was sent a mail that my application was blocked, even when i tried loggin in it told me account blocked error m404. please is the anytin i did wrong. what can i do to salvage the situation. Also is it advisable to integrate my normal visa card with freelancer? Also how do you win bids here
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by TRADELYN: 9:08am On Aug 16, 2014
@ 2sExy1,
Great tips here.

You are a fine writer too (simple and clear).

Until now, I think say naa only romance you sabi grin cheesy grin
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 16, 2014
TRADELYN: @ 2sExy1,
Great tips here.

You are a fine writer too (simple and clear).

Until now, I think say naa only romance you sabi grin cheesy grin
i DON DIE OOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin. yOU DON FINISH ME.

Bro, I have been in this thing for as long as 2008 and I can tell anyone what works and what doesn't work. The sad thing is that those who have not put in as much effort as I have are the respected ones in Naija IM sphere and making millions from seminars lol.

there are just a few of us who real sweated for it--the doers.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by TRADELYN: 9:21am On Aug 16, 2014
WoW...just read the interview from the link you shared above grin
Well, yours would come soon!
2sExy1: i DON DIE OOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin. yOU DON FINISH ME.

Bro, I have been in this thing for as long as 2008 and
I can tell anyone what works and what doesn't work. The sad thing is that those who have not put in as much effort as I have are the respected ones in Naija IM sphere and making millions from seminars lol.

there are just a few of us who real sweated for it--the doers.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 16, 2014
TRADELYN: WoW...just read the interview from the link you shared above grin
Well, yours would come soon!
Amen ooo.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by legalwealth(m): 10:54am On Aug 16, 2014
ResourceMan: @ All
Do not ever think of usng paypal to collect your funds. When it comes to freelancer.com paypal is completely useless. To make matters worse they still do not accept Nigerians. The scam called paypal only allows Nigerians to make limited payment with their platform.
Freelance recognizes the use of Payoneer master-card. Anyone who wants to make a business out of the internet in Nigeria should Forget Paypal.

Hmmm!I'm smiling with style here...
That is not true that PayPal should be forgotten,you need to get some things right on PayPal system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (224) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7*

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.