Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,797 members, 7,806,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Please Help Me To Help My Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help Me To Help My Friend (3900 Views)

How I Betrayed My Friend By Sleeping With His Sister / My Friend Is In Love With Me... / My Friend Keeps Getting Erections Around Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hello Nairalanders,
please I need your help on how to advice my friend. My friend has been dating this guy for 6months now. And they love each other a lot. The problem is that her boyfriend is suspicious of her relationship with her male best friend because according to him, 'she spends more time with her best friend than with him'. This is true to an extent because my friend has known her best friend long before she met her boyfriend. She was actually in love with the best friend but they can't be together due to some uncompromisable circumstances. So they became best friends (with no benefits ooo). Now, her boyfriend is acting jealous and insists that she prefers her best friend to him. Just this weekend, on saturday, he had called her to come over and accompany him to his friend's place but she told him she was going out with her mum to get some things (and truly she was). Her mum later cancelled cause she had an emergency in her place of work. My friend tried to call her boyfriend to tell him she was coming but his number wasn't going through. After many trials, she gave up. Just then, her best friend who she has not seen for two months now called and asked her to come over to his house as he's in town and will be leaving early the next morning. My friend went over and spent time with him. On her way home, in the company of her best friend and his friend, she met her boyfriend. The look on his face was that of someone that could kill, so she didn't think it wise to go after him lest he disgraces her. When she got home, she called his number, he refused to pick. Sent him series of text messages, no reply. Then the following day, being sunday, she went to see him in his house. After much pleading and begging, he gave her the condition of having to choose between himself and her male best friend. Now, my friend is torn between choosing her boyfriend whom she loves/adores and her best friend whom she also loves but more like a brother.
Please help me advice this girl. I don't even know what to tell her or who she should choose knowing how much each guy means to her. Your mature advice will be very much appreciated.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Spaxon(f): 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
Itz gotta be normal for d bf to get jealous.. Ah tnk d bf haz to adjust and get used 2 it.. Or d gurl focusses on one guy..

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by daveP(m): 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
The girl supposed to know she was in a sensitive fix and actually nt go out with mr best friend.has she ever turned down a request from mr best friend? If no then the girl is is..... lipsrsealed the guy aint no robot! She should go with the real bf and nt bf-best friend.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by MizMyColi(f): 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
[b]Hmmmph undecided I have a friend like that too. When the chips are down....He's always been a lifesaver. We just know that we aren't meant to date (though like your friend, I once tripped for Him) and we're very content with the role we play in each other's lives.

He tells me that if I choose to date now, that He'd reduce the frequency at which he keeps in touch. I was sad, but I saw reasons with Him. In my case though, I never visit him, we only meet at open spots and do most of our relating via social media. Trust me, this guy has been and is still a BackBone.

Back to your friend - can she honestly answer this question:
"If the tables were turned, what would be her reaction?"

While I will never advise her to completely do away with her bestfriend, in matters like this, wisdom is always profitable to direct.

The Male best friend can also help matters by making the babe understand that he'll always be there for her and why they need to stop rubbing their friendship on the boyfriend's face.

Btw, what makes us think either the guy or girl or both do not have ulterior motives...... especially the male bestfriend undecided
[/b]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by dhardline(m): 4:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
I hear you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
Well, uhm.. I think she should inform her best friend about the problem she's having with her boyfriend.

Her best friend should be understanding enough to minimise the time he spends with her.

My 2 kobo.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
@OP
when your friend's mother cancelled, didnt she also sent messages to her bf telling him about the changes of plan (or was it only calls)?
the bf would have seen the msgs and understood that there was nothing wrong here.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
Pls, How old is ur friend??
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by mstik(f): 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
Love involves making sacrifices... if u know what am driving at
good luck

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Yemlizzy(f): 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Such a fix that is very awkward,the bf should try to be reasonable and understand how it is. Insecurity poses a problem most times.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by 299: 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
@Op..., is that your pic in your profile?
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by ideology(m): 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
MizMyColi:
[b]Hmmmph undecided I have a friend like that too. When the chips are down....He's always been a lifesaver. We just know that we aren't meant to date (though like your friend, I once tripped for Him) and we're very content with the role we play in each other's lives.

He tells me that if I choose to date now, that He'd reduce the frequency at which he keeps in touch. I was sad, but I saw reasons with Him. In my case though, I never visit him, we only meet at open spots and do most of our relating via social media. Trust me, this guy has been and is still a BackBone.

Back to your friend - can she honestly answer this question:
"If the tables were turned, what would be her reaction?"

While I will never advise her to completely do away with her bestfriend, in matters like this, wisdom is always profitable to direct.

The Male best friend can also help matters by making the babe understand that he'll always be there for her and why they need to stop rubbing their friendship on the boyfriend's face.

Btw, what makes us think either the guy or girl or both do not have ulterior motives...... especially the male bestfriend undecided
[/b]

Its in ur blood
I envy ur husband.

With knowledge a house is built, with wisdom, a home is establish
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
MRbrownJAY: @OP
when your friend's mother cancelled, didnt she also sent messages to her bf telling him about the changes of plan (or was it only calls)?
the bf would have seen the msgs and understood that there was nothing wrong here.
At a time like that, the idea didnt cross her mind. And remember the guy was actually supposed to go out to a friend's. She thought maybe he had left already.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
Women are fond of accusing their bfs of insecurity or lack of trust after they have acted stupidly. Very few guys will tolerate his gal being too close to another man that is not her family. Girls use your brains! !

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
She should try to talk to her boyfriend and if symptoms persist, she should call both and explain or introduce them. she should talk to her best friend to come face with the dude and tell him he has nothing with the babe. There is a way to do that if her bf has an open mind, he will understand.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
toke8: Women are fond of accusing their bfs of insecurity or lack of trust after they have acted stupidly. Very few guys will tolerate his gal being too close to another man that is not her family. Girls use your brains! !
true... most times, they fail to understand a guy who truly love a girl would always act that way.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
Victoriousvic: Well, uhm.. I think she should inform her best friend about the problem she's having with her boyfriend.

Her best friend should be understanding enough to minimise the time he spends with her.

My 2 kobo.
Thanks dear, will surely tell her that. Though the boyfriend wants the best friend out of the picture totally.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
MzPreshie: Thanks dear, will surely tell her that. Though the boyfriend wants the best friend out of the picture totally.
he should go fvck himself. in the end, is he going to marry her? I am pretty sure he is also passer by to plug the fruit. what will she do when he is out of her life?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by MizMyColi(f): 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
ideology:

Its in ur blood
I envy ur husband.

With knowledge a house is built, with wisdom, a home is establish
Thank You smiley

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
MzPreshie: At a time like that, the idea didnt cross her mind. And remember the guy was actually supposed to go out to a friend's. She thought maybe he had left already.

these are the kind of answer that have men not trust their women...... at the time she didnt send any message but then when he is now meeting her on the street, she decide that she wants to send msgs? then they wonder why they dont succeed in r7ship.

she should have tried EVERY possible ways to contact him, and not just phone call.

the fact that she was "in love" with her bestfriend and that they cannot be together because of uncompromisable circumstances (as you put it) is one more reason why this friendship is dodgy and sketchy. certainly cant blame bf for being suspicious.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
2sExy1: he should go fvck himself. in the end, is he going to marry her? I am pretty sure he is also passer by to plug the fruit. what will she do when he is out of her life?
At least now that he's in it, he wants to be in charge.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
MzPreshie: At least now that he's in it, he wants to be in charge.
are you saying that your friend should do away with her best friend completely? common... that's childish! is he aware that they knew each other first before him?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

these are the kind of answer that have men not trust their women...... at the time she didnt send any message but then when he is now meeting her on the street, she decide that she wants to send msgs? then they wonder why they dont succeed in r7ship.

she should have tried EVERY possible ways to contact him, and not just phone call.

the fact that she was "in love" with her bestfriend and that they cannot be together because of uncompromisable circumstances (as you put it) is one more reason why this friendship is dodgy and sketchy. certainly cant blame bf for being suspicious.
According to her, she didnt think of texting because she didn't expect to get a call from her bestie. And the fact that nothing was going on between them was enough to clear her conscience so she didnt see anything wrong in visiting a good friend she had not seen for long.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
MzPreshie: Thanks dear, will surely tell her that. Though the boyfriend wants the best friend out of the picture totally.
That would just be selfish of him to do so.

Like you said, they were friends even before she knew her boyfriend. Doesn't He know that? undecided
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Victoriousvic:
That would just be selfish of him to do so.

Like you said, they were friends even before she knew her boyfriend. Doesn't He know that? undecided
He does. Guess he's just worried about the closeness.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
MzPreshie: According to her, she think of texting because she didn't expect to get a call from her bestie. And the fact that nothing was going on between them was enough to clear her conscience so she see anything wrong in visit a good friend she had not seen for long.

people like your friend will always fail because they are selfish with their emotion. they only think about themselves in their actions, and if she did have a thought for this guy who is insecure about her r/ship with her bestie, then she will not add oil to the fire in such manner.

the fact that she "was" in love with the best friend is a issue that needs to be solved. this kind of E-party is not healthy for any r/ship.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

people like your friend will always fail because they are selfish with their emotion. they only think about themselves in their actions, and if she did have a thought for this guy who is insecure about her r/ship with her bestie, then she will not add oil to the fire in such manner.

the fact that she "was" in love with the best friend is a issue that needs to be solved. this kind of E-party is not healthy for any r/ship.
Really, my friend doesn't prefer her bestie to her boyfie, that's a point to note. She loves both but in different ways. And about adding oil to the fire, she had already resolved this issue with her boyfriend the first time he popped it up. She just didnt expect things will go this way.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by wasak(m): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
Yemlizzy: Such a fix that is very awkward,the bf should try to be reasonable and understand how it is. Insecurity poses a problem most times.

she should just go with her best friend. i can't even imagine myself in this kinda situation... I'll dump her swiftly....
i don't have d luxury of making regrets over evitable circumstances

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by wasak(m): 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
MzPreshie: Really, my friend doesn't prefer her bestie to her boyfie, that's a point to note. She loves both but in different ways. And about adding oil to the fire, she had already resolved this issue with her boyfriend the first time he popped it up. She just didnt expect things will go this way.
Oh! i see... loves both but in different ways... so. she want to be putting two cakes in her mouth @ d same time because one is milk nd the other is honey

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
wasak:
Oh! i see... loves both but in different ways... so. she want to be putting two cakes in her mouth @ d same time because one is milk nd the other is honey
easy bro, easy! grin grin grin grin mencade5, where at thou
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
MzPreshie: Really, my friend doesn't prefer her bestie to her boyfie, that's a point to note. She loves both but in different ways. And about adding oil to the fire, she had already resolved this issue with her boyfriend the first time he popped it up. She just didnt expect things will go this way.

in life, actions speak louder than words, and she certainly dont act right. if all is well, as you want to put it, then she wouldnt be in the mess that she finds herself into. that man can never accept her r/ship with the guy she once fell in love with ( and that she cant be with), it is not a healthy r/ship, it is not practical, it is not proper, and just a catastrophe waiting to happen.

this lady has to decide what is important for her, and get rid of the other. she CANNOT have her cake and eat it too.
Re: Please Help Me To Help My Friend by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

in life, actions speak louder than words, and she certainly dont act right. if all is well, as you want to put it, then she wouldnt be in the mess that she finds herself into. that man can never accept her r/ship with the guy she once fell in love with ( and that she cant be with), it is not a healthy r/ship, it is not practical, it is not proper, and just a catastrophe waiting to happen.

this lady has to decide what is important for her, and get rid of the other. she CANNOT have her cake and eat it too.
OP, truth is, if you want to help your friend, you should listen to MrbrownJAY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Could Write A Letter To Your Ex, What Would It Say? / Type Something Nice/ Funny About The Poster Above You ;D / Recycle Bin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.