Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,416 members, 7,781,208 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:39 AM

Your Car Could Be Infected With a computer Virus - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Car Could Be Infected With a computer Virus (1157 Views)

Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud / Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Car Could Be Infected With a computer Virus by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 29, 2014
Today virtually all the vehicle on the road has an embedded computer that monitors and control different system, the paramount is the ECU ( Engine control unit ) which control the engine and from which other module take instruction, Like our PC these embedded computers are vulnerable to Virus , they could be infected , you remember how ur PC behaved when it had a virus , ur car would do the same when infected, a virus could actuate ABS, Air Bag, Wiper,Windshield or even take over the control area network or worse still disable or corrupt the entire controls unit software depending on wth it's program to perform, unlike our computers which have a number of anti virus to choose from in cars
It's not like that there is no known anti virus yet hence it's important you watch what you and ur mechanic connect a Car.
HOW IT COULD BE INFECTED

1. Your mechanic or diagnostic technician could introduce virus in ur car through the interface they plug diagnostic Tool.

2. It could also be infected by you, in cars that the multimedia is linked to the control unit there is possibility for virus to find it way through USB drive to the control unit.

2.Hackers could also use the signal sent by tire pressure sensor to gain access to ur car control system and infect it.
DABON AUTO SERVICE CALABAR EPZ
Re: Your Car Could Be Infected With a computer Virus by Jayses(m): 9:37am On Oct 08, 2014
I don't own a car pls can my bicycle be infected grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Car Could Be Infected With a computer Virus by Fabdedon(m): 3:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
Jayses:
habah its not fair oo after all d long speech see what u used to appreciate.. Sha..op nice post but does it have anti virus?
Re: Your Car Could Be Infected With a computer Virus by lonelydora: 12:19am On Oct 09, 2014
Jayses:
Then you have no business here. F**k off. Op, well done
Re: Your Car Could Be Infected With a computer Virus by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
Fabdedon:
habah its not fair oo after all d long speech see what u used to appreciate.. Sha..op nice post but does it have anti virus?
there's no known ant virus yet since auto virus is not prevalent yet, hopefully in the nearest future.

(1) (Reply)

2001 Nissan Altima Or Golf3 Saloon / Innoson Motors Live At The Senate Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(photos) / Guy Narrates His Experience With Policemen When His Car Broke Down On Thehighway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.