Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. (8399 Views)

These Habits Will Kill Your Auto Transmission Fast Please Avoid Them. / 2000 - 2003 Toyota Rav4 Ecm Module And Transmission Issues. / RX300 Lexus SUV 2000-2003 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by ByfireByfire: 7:31am On Aug 04, 2014
Originalsly: @Poster...I think nechanics would downgrade Nissan Quests/Mercury Villager because they are not familiar with Nissan. The other reason may be fuel consumption....3000cc engine...very strong and fast.
Bros please what is 3000cc engine & how does it affect fuel consumption. Does it gulp fuel a lot? What makes it fast and reliable? How does someone identify a 3000cc engine by viewing from the open car bonnet.
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by deckers: 11:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
@DECOtech\Dipo, pls my quest. 2004 stopped acceleratin and eventually stopped. I called my Mechanic and rewire to check it. They said na sensor after scannin, I changed it, the car did not start. Now, the rewire said it might be d brainbox. Pls make una help. I have put in so much already!
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by deckers: 6:29am On Aug 05, 2014
@DECOtech\Dipo, pls my quest 2004 stopped while in motion and any start again, b4 that it stop acceleratin. And if u off d engine for some time it will pick again. But right now it is not startin. They have changed sensor and fu pump after scannin. No way! Pls make una help.where d moto dey now is not good!
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by OatsVader: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2014
You might have to tow it to somewhere safe first, then get your mechanic to check it again. You said you changed the sensor and fuel pump after your mechanic did a scan and it's still not coming on right? Sorry but what and how did they do the scan? The scanner is meant to detect "everything" wrong with the car. I doubt your mechanic scanned it and if he did,he didn't do a thorough job. Just saying. Please I would like to know how you finally resolved this matter when you do (get your car to safety first pls)
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by diportivo: 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
Deckers,kindly put a call thru to nissparts on 08022228273....explain to him in details...he will help u
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by DECOtech(m): 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
deckers: @DECOtech\Dipo, pls my quest. 2004 stopped acceleratin and eventually stopped. I called my Mechanic and rewire to check it. They said na sensor after scannin, I changed it, the car did not start. Now, the rewire said it might be d brainbox. Pls make una help. I have put in so much already!
Was there some kind of jerking while in motion? What exactly has been done on the car already? so that we can know where to start from.
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by ChuxD(m): 7:13am On Aug 08, 2014
ByfireByfire: Too many thanks dipo. I also was considering Mitsubishi Montero 97 to 2002 alongside because its high & best for bad roads here.Thats another car that's cheap & looks great that people also disdain.What do you think about this one. Does it have engine or electrical or gear problems.Which would you pick among the two.
. A little contribution as regards d Montero. Guess u have already made up ur mind on d quest, however Montero is a war horse....i have mine now for 5 years but still prefers it over my X-terra(04) and Honda civic(08). Yeah, sounds weird but its true.....has never sons day broken down on me......parts are affordable and available..... Fuel consumption is just there ( for a 3.5litre v6 4wd).....yeah, d only snag is d smoking engine..... Wanted to change d engine but was advice not too.....advice yo change d rings and valve oil seal.....yet go gir it though....u can gv d Montero sports a thought.... Its worth it.
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by pragmatistm(m): 9:23am On Aug 08, 2014
Originalsly: @You are buying it cheap...so don't expect the value to increase in years to come. I would recommend you buy it..and get wheels a size bigger for clearance.
A point to note:changing tyres to bigger ones is not that straight forward. Wrong size will increase fuel consumption. You can check the car manual for your car tyre equivalent or search online or look for tyre calculator online.
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by deckers: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
I have been calling nissparts, no response. [quote author=diportivo]Deckers,kindly put a call thru to nissparts on 08022228273....explain to him in details...he will help u[/quot. i
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by deckers: 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
The car was not jerking, it. only not accelerate but if u off it for sometime and start again it will accelerate again for sometime again b4 stoppin
DECOtech: Was there some kind of jerking while in motion? What exactly has been done on the car already? so that we can know where to start from.
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Dear All,
I am proud owner of 2001 Mercury Villager. Please note; nissan quest and mercury villager are same in parts and body. The two are direct collaboration between nissan and ford. Ford makes the body and some parts while nissan makes the engine and other parts. The most outstanding about the 2001 Model engine is that it is v6 (3.3L SOHC); it produces 170 horsepower @ 4800 rpm. Produces 200 lb.-ft. Of torque @ 2800 rpm. Single overhead cam helps provide enhanced fuel efficiency and reduced noise and vibration. Aluminium cylinder heads contribute to decreased engine weight, added efficiency and long life.

My present van; mercury villager is my third car (brought from American Motors), having used Honda Accord and Toyota Camry v6. The van is over three years on Nigga road, rocking from home to office daily,(distance of 70km daily). I am offering you full assurance that the nissan quest is more realiable. The quest moves like jet with most fuel economy. The maintenance is suberb. I will advice you stick to Fully Synthetic Oil (5w 30) for engine oil change. I service mine once a year (covering 7,500 miles)

Please note, before you buy the van, no matter how attractive it appears, YOU MUST RUN A SCAN FIRST. This is non-negotiable.

Nissan Quest/Mercury Villager; Power Driver!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by diportivo: 11:38am On Aug 09, 2014
deckers: @DECOtech\Dipo, pls my quest 2004 stopped while in motion and any start again, b4 that it stop acceleratin. And if u off d engine for some time it will pick again. But right now it is not startin. They have changed sensor and fu pump after scannin. No way! Pls make una help.where d moto dey now is not good!
....i hereby summon chief gazzuzz on ur behalf....over to u sir
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by Originalsly: 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
pragmatistm: A point to note:changing tyres to bigger ones is not that straight forward. Wrong size will increase fuel consumption. You can check the car manual for your car tyre equivalent or search online or look for tyre calculator online.
So correct!.....I really meant the bigger size according to the manual...and not one of his liking!
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
ByfireByfire: I'm considering purchasing nissan Quest of within the years mentioned.
1.Why is it that it seems people avoid them.
2.Why are they cheap compared to other space wagon like Toyota Sienna.
3.Do they break down easily or have silly problems like the first generation murano.
I also noticed the same trend with nissan altima from say 98 to 2002.

I really don't know y people avoid the vehicle, but I know of three near my house that have been parked for a couple of years, I don't know much about the vehicle, a friend used to have one and the transmission failed at a point in time she had it replaced and continued using the vehicle.

But if every one is running I guess you should consider running too.
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
diportivo: ....i hereby summon chief gazzuzz on ur behalf....over to u sir

His explanation is not helping matters.
deckers: @DECOtech\Dipo, pls my quest 2004 stopped while in motion and any start again, b4 that it stop acceleratin. And if u off d engine for some time it will pick again. But right now it is not startin. They have changed sensor and fu pump after scannin. No way! Pls make una help.where d moto dey now is not good!

Looks like a fuel pressure problem, but without the proper equipment you might just end up messing up your car. You said scanning no way? What does that mean. Help us help you, a detailed report on how the problem started and what has been done till present, including parts that have been changed.

Modified

Check for spark at the plugs if yes problem is most likely a fuel pressure problem, consider checking the fuel pump relay and fuel pump pressure before touching anything else.
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by deckers: 7:27am On Aug 10, 2014
deckers: @DECOtech\Dipo, pls my quest. 2004 stopped acceleratin and eventually stopped. I called my Mechanic and rewire to check it. They said na sensor after scannin, I changed it, the car did not start. Now, the rewire said it might be d brainbox. Pls make una help. I have put in so much already!
Guys! They started car and move it around after changin the brainbox, but it jerkin now. They said dat I have to change d coils where d plugs are. The coils was d primary cause of all the car problem all this while said the rewire that eventually scan d car well. I will do d coils later and update d house, currently not in town now to see all they ar sayin oh! Car car car!
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:09am On Aug 10, 2014
deckers: Guys! They started car and move it around after changin the brainbox, but it jerkin now. They said dat I have to change d coils where d plugs are. The coils was d primary cause of all the car problem all this while said the rewire that eventually scan d car well. I will do d coils later and update d house, currently not in town now to see all they ar sayin oh! Car car car!

Happy your car has started, but I find it hard to belive your ecm (brain box) just died on its own without help....
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by DECOtech(m): 10:59am On Aug 10, 2014
deckers: Guys! They started car and move it around after changin the brainbox, but it jerkin now. They said dat I have to change d coils where d plugs are. The coils was d primary cause of all the car problem all this while said the rewire that eventually scan d car well. I will do d coils later and update d house, currently not in town now to see all they ar sayin oh! Car car car!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by DECOtech(m): 10:59am On Aug 10, 2014
Ok oh. Pls, if after changing your coil and the jerking continues, Pls return the coil and get yourself another distributor. God bless you.
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by deckers: 11:29am On Aug 10, 2014
DECOtech: Ok oh. Pls, if after changing your coil and the jerking continues, Pls return the coil and get yourself another distributor. God bless you.
Since I bought d car 4yrs now, i have not done any major work like this. Pls any idea as per d prices?
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by deckers: 11:35am On Aug 10, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Happy your car has started, but I find it hard to belive your ecm (brain box) just died on its own without help....
the rewire said it was d coil dat spoil d ecm dat if I don't change d coil now, dat it wld spoil d changed ecm again. Dat d coil if changed will stop d jerkin and will make d car move normally. What do u tink Guy!
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
deckers: the rewire said it was d coil dat spoil d ecm dat if I don't change d coil now, dat it wld spoil d changed ecm again. Dat d coil if changed will stop d jerkin and will make d car move normally. What do u tink Guy!

Coil bad causing jerking yes, coil damaging your ecm heard about it in extreem cases of over heating, where the coils crack and burst open.

If he is correct your continued use of the vehicle should have damaged your new ecm bu now.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by DECOtech(m): 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
deckers: Since I bought d car 4yrs now, i have not done any major work like this. Pls any idea as per d prices?
Ask nissparts
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
Dear All,
For enquiries on Mercury Villager/Nissan quest, kindly join this yahoo group; <villagerquest@yahoogroups.com> US certified mechanics/technicians with over 25 years experiences are on the group to provide exact explanation on the particular problem on your van.

This group (villagerquest@yahoogroups.com) is my only only solution provider on everything that has to do with my van. And promise you will not regret it. Infact for over 3yrs on Nigeria Road, my van rock like jet!

Happy Sunday friends.
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by deckers: 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Coil bad causing jerking yes, coil damaging your ecm heard about it in extreem cases of over heating, where the coils crack and burst open.

If he is correct your continued use of the vehicle should have damaged your new ecm bu now.

the car is not been use, they pkt it till I come bk bc it's not move well hence the ecm wld nt damage. Tnx!
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 27, 2014
Dear Poster,
What is your decision?
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by aaadegboyega: 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
I wanna buy a Nissan Quest 2003. What are the likely faults. The car came in from canada so do I need to service it before putting it on the road? Can there be any reason for me not to buy it? Pls advise. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by lordliri(m): 3:59am On Sep 28, 2015
deckers:
@DECOtech\Dipo, pls my quest. 2004 stopped acceleratin and eventually stopped. I called my Mechanic and rewire to check it. They said na sensor after scannin, I changed it, the car did not start. Now, the rewire said it might be d brainbox. Pls make una help. I have put in so much already!

Check your airflow meter sensor.
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by pragmatistm(m): 2:57am On Sep 30, 2015
aaadegboyega:
I wanna buy a Nissan Quest 2003. What are the likely faults. The car came in from canada so do I need to service it before putting it on the road? Can there be any reason for me not to buy it? Pls advise. Thanks.
You can go online and read from forums people's report around the world about the car.

Also, get the VIN number and run the check on it. There are experts on that here who will do it free for you. It's important.
Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by fanex: 9:32am On Sep 30, 2015
NO STRESS, WE COME TO YOU* WE ARE FULLY MOBILE.

 ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHTS
 ABS LIGHTS
 AIR BAG LIGHTS
 TRANSMISSION FAULTS
 ELECTRIC ROOF FAULTS
 INJECTOR FAULTS
 FUEL SENSORS
 MAF SENSORS
 COOLANT SENSORS
 IMMOBILISER FAULTS
 ODOMETRE CORRETION (soon)

***INSTANT RESULT PRINTOUT***

SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT.

Call Mr Tunde

08088997344, 08146307082

NO MORE MECHANIC CHEAT DO IT YOURSELF.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. by GoodnamePacco: 8:31am On Oct 30, 2021
I just bought a nissan quest 2002 model. It drinks fuel. Please help oooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian, Austrian Firms To Make Vehicles Run On Gas / Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord / How Many Cars Does Olamide Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.