Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,605 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa (4623 Views)

Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript / My Cgpa Is Currently 1.8, Can I Still Make A 2.1? / My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 30, 2014
Dear nairalanders, am so much i need of ur advice concerning my Gpa. Am an undergraduate in one of the nigeria univesities, studying public administraiton,currently in my second year.
My first year result is nothing to write home about I had 2.53 point in my first semester and second semester it managed to crawl up to 3.1. I added them together and diveded it by two, so I got 2.815 that is the total gpa for my first year. Which is equivalent to(second class lower) i knw first class is completely out of it and i just have to work harder to cover up for the first year.
Pls i want to know if i can still be able to make a very strong 2.1 wen i graduate and on the other hand does it really matter if its a high or low 2.1?
And again i need advice on how to improve my performance do i need to get like 4points or more in each semester to be able make (second class upper?
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Gooci(m): 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
y not.............at the end of my p1, i had 2.84, bt at p4, i ws on 3.94. so its stilll very very much possible
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by PheezyLee(m): 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
making a 2:1 is ur priority now, how strong it is becomes relevant if yu'll b going for 2nd degree..
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
Xenaf: Dear nairalanders, am so much i need of ur advice concerning my Gpa. Am an undergraduate in one of the nigeria univesities, studying public administraiton,currently in my second year.
My first year result is nothing to write home about I had 2.53 point in my first semester and second semester it managed to crawl up to 3.1. I added them together and diveded it by two, so I got 2.815 that is the total gpa for my first year. Which is equivalent to(second class lower) i knw first class is completely out of it and i just have to work harder to cover up for the first year.
Pls i want to know if i can still be able to make a very strong 2.1 wen i graduate and on the other hand does it really matter if its a high or low 2.1?
And again i need advice on how to improve my performance do i need to get like 4points or more in each semester to be able make (second class upper?

It turns out you know what to do already.. You surely can still make a strong 2-1.. Try very hard to have 5.0 each semester.. I know you may think I'm exaggerating but I'm not.. 5.0 means all As.. If you really set your mind at this.. Trust me, you will be angry when you get C cuz all your grades will be As and Bs... Do you know that B parallel is 4.0gpa? If you follow my advise, you'll get more As than Bs..and that way you will see yourself in 4.5 range...You dont have to aim strong or weak 2-1..2-1 is 2-1 wether 3.5 or 4.49..but if youwanna further, strong one is better.. message via NL for more tips..Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
choose4me:

It turns out you know what to do already.. You surely can still make a strong 2-1.. Try very hand have 5.0 each semester.. I know you may think I'm exaggerating but I'm not.. 5.0 means all As.. If you really set your mind at this.. Trust me, you will be angry when you get C cuz all your grades will be As and Bs... Do you know that B parallel is 4.0gpa? If you follow my advise, you'll get more As than Bs..and that way you will see yourself in 4.5 range...You dont have to aim strong or weak 2-1..2-1 is 2-1 wether 3.5 or 4.49..but if youwanna further, strong one is better.. message via NL for more tips..Good luck
thank u.
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by HooxJnr(m): 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dear @Xenfa, achieving a 2.1 is very possible if you remain focused and determined. All you have to do is try to make your gpa stable by not writing anything lesser than 3:75 every semester. It won't be easy, it involves a lot of hard work, going extra miles by reading, preparing for test on time and doing all assignment properly.
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by ednut1(m): 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
no kill ur self, u no sabi book lipsrsealed
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Elevation(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
You can make it,if u cut all distractions,pray like you'll not read,and read like you didnt pray....Madam u've to sit up,put ur back into it(STUDY HARD).....from your earlier post u said u divided ur 1st and 2nd sems by two,Cumulative Grade Point Average(CGPA) that i know is equal to Total Credit Unit Earned(TCUE)/Total Credit Unit Registered(TCUR) for all the semesters so u have to check the courses u register,if u'll pick electives make sure u'll get nothing less than a B,make sure with God u try all ur best and pls remember distractions in any form should be greatly avoided.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
let me tell you the truth , the maximum amount of credit units you can comfortably pass is 24 , if you now combine it with love and love palavar which experts say it is 9 credit units itself . so if you register 24 credit units +(love/relationship/prostitution =9 credit units) = 33 credit units , ma sister
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
hopelink1: let me tell you the truth , the maximum amount of credit units you can comfortably pass is 24 , if you now combine it with love and love palavar which experts say it is 9 credit units itself . so if you register 24 credit units +(love/relationship/prostitution =9 credit units) = 33 credit units , ma sister
wot are u saying undecided
hopelink1: let me tell you the truth , the maximum amount of credit units you can comfortably pass is 24 , if you now combine it with love and love palavar which experts say it is 9 credit units itself . so if you register 24 credit units +(love/relationship/prostitution =9 credit units) = 33 credit units , ma sister
wot are u saying
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
ednut1: no kill ur self, u no sabi book lipsrsealed
duh!
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
Xenaf: wot are u saying undecided wot are u saying
revelation
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
Gooci: y not.............at the end of my p1, i had 2.84, bt at p4, i ws on 3.94. so its stilll very very much possible
am a bit relieved.
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Gooci(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
Xenaf: am a bit relieved.
jst discover yursef nd pray hard.. it will be fine.................dat actually worked for me
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by crudedude(m): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
Gooci:
jst discover yursef nd pray hard.. it will be fine.................dat actually worked for me

Writing in text speak doesn't portray you well. From what you said above, you're a very intelligent guy. All the bestsmiley

1 Like

Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Odunharry(m): 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
Xenaf: Dear nairalanders, am so much i need of ur advice concerning my Gpa. Am an undergraduate in one of the nigeria univesities, studying public administraiton,currently in my second year.
sure....work harder...attempt past questions...pray
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Odunharry(m): 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
ednut1: no kill ur self, u no sabi book lipsrsealed
bad guy
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Odunharry(m): 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
EbolaXenaf
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by LikeTheWind(m): 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
Actually, you do not calculate cgpa by simply adding two semesters together and dividing them by two.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by RColours: 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
shocked shocked shocked O girl! With that kind of Yansh wey you carry so, you sure say boiz go allow you enter 2.1??

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by rattlesnake(m): 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
How can u have that a5s and not get first class....".a dame to kill for"
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by opportunist: 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
You entered uni and instead of facing your book u took 2 partying and oda frivolity why dint u learn 4rm mistakes of others? MUMU
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Damn!
OP you'll have to start wearing Over Sized skirts to have a chance of getting a 2:1 grin grin #JustKidding

Back to the Topic. I personally think you can make a 4. CGPA at the end of it all. It solely boils down to your Zeal, determination and attitude.
I was only able to manage just 2 second class upper results in my first 9 semesters in school embarassed tongue My CGPA stood at 3.44

The last and final Semester result is out and I'm scared as HELL........ I guess we are in the same shoe[oya shift your leg grin]
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
opportunist: You entered uni and instead of facing your book u took 2 partying and oda frivolity why dint u learn 4rm mistakes of others? MUMU

if not that you were an opportunist, i would have asked you to Shut up.
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
opportunist: You entered uni and instead of facing your book u took 2 partying and oda frivolity why dint u learn 4rm mistakes of others? MUMU

Some of us didn't party! And we sabi book. We no just pass! tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by GboyegaD(m): 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
Do you have carry overs? If yes, then you can still make a first class provided for the remaining 3 years you do not have more than 3 Bs and the remaining grades As. The carry over grades if replaced with an A is better than a D or E.
I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
GboyegaD: Do you have carry overs? If yes, then you can still make a first class provided for the remaining 3 years you do not have more than 3 Bs and the remaining grades As. The carry over grades if replaced with an A is better than a D or E.
I wish you good luck.
none
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by sandammy(m): 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dear Nairalanders, my issue is about getting First class. I must confess, it is my desire but after calculating my CGPA for 100L and found myself at 4.14, I became embittered and began to doubt my ability. Any positive advise or suggesttions to achieve my goal will be appreciated.
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by GboyegaD(m): 11:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
Xenaf: none

In that case, just try to get all As and though you may not make a 1st Class nevertheless, you will always be happy each time you remember that your efforts paid off. More so, if you intend going for graduate studies in the West, this is an advantage in my opinion as you can lay hold to how it transformed your performance and how it has prepared you for graduate school.

sandammy: Dear Nairalanders, my issue is about getting First class. I must confess, it is my desire but after calculating my CGPA for 100L and found myself at 4.14, I became embittered and began to doubt my ability. Any positive advise or suggesttions to achieve my goal will be appreciated.

My brother, there is still much hope to make a 1st class if you are consistent with making all As and maybe occasional Bs. The top 3 graduating student in my class back then all started with 4.4 and with their consistency, were able to come out tops. Funny how life is because for me, I learnt a lesson from them.
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by uzoexcel(m): 10:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
its very possible...my sis had a cgpa of 3.3 after her first year but from second year she made between a 4.5 to 4.9 every semester till her final year...she finished with a 4.31 or so...so u got more opportunity if u really focus
sandammy: Dear Nairalanders, my issue is about getting First class. I must confess, it is my desire but after calculating my CGPA for 100L and found myself at 4.14, I became embittered and began to doubt my ability. Any positive advise or suggesttions to achieve my goal will be appreciated.
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by uzoexcel(m): 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
gbam!!!this guy has said it all...also try and roll with the high achievers in ur class and their study habits would rub off on u
choose4me:

It turns out you know what to do already.. You surely can still make a strong 2-1.. Try very hard to have 5.0 each semester.. I know you may think I'm exaggerating but I'm not.. 5.0 means all As.. If you really set your mind at this.. Trust me, you will be angry when you get C cuz all your grades will be As and Bs... Do you know that B parallel is 4.0gpa? If you follow my advise, you'll get more As than Bs..and that way you will see yourself in 4.5 range...You dont have to aim strong or weak 2-1..2-1 is 2-1 wether 3.5 or 4.49..but if youwanna further, strong one is better.. message via NL for more tips..Good luck
Re: Help: I Need Nairalanders' Advice on My Cgpa by onlyme07(m): 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Do that..!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How The Blood Moon Looked Like In Port Harcourt / Who Would Win In A War Between Russia And The US? / How Much Does A Lecturer In Nigeria Earn As Salary These Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.