Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 (12252 Views)

Batch B 2014 : Posted To Adamawa State, Let's Meet Here / Batch B 2014 Osun Corpers Let's Meet Here / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
Senatorkelvo: Am posted to Abia. pls hw many hours journey is Abia Camp from Lagos??. Also, can one get to camp early if one take-off from lagos on monday?. Pls Call or text me if u're posted to Abia, and would be going to Camp from lagos - 08036467038 -Kelvin
Depending on the agent you go with... 8hrs - 10hrs to umuahia, then 1hr to the camp.
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
for ppl coming from lag Abc transport makes a lot of sense and there is discount for corpers.
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by ednut1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
abia state, grin dat state na dead state, served in a village skul grin, lagos to abia is like 9-10 hours, the best tin to do is to follow abia line in jibowu, dey go straight to camp. make una enjoy or beta still get ur doc report and find ur square root grin

2 Likes

Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by ednut1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
zerray: for ppl coming from lag Abc transport makes a lot of sense and there is discount for corpers.
discount for corpers una never bcome corper yet grin

2 Likes

Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
zerray: amenities nkoor,water nd light.
In umuahia, water and power supply ain't problems. Itz either the house itself has water supply or a neighbouring house has it for sale
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
ednut1:
discount for corpers una never bcome corper yet grin
lol nah u knw there is a space for callup number sha grin
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by JohnGalt: 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Abia camp is nice and Abia generally is a lovely place. I'm inside the camp presently doing some clearing work (part of cds duties). Anyway, camp Abia is lovely. Look forward to enjoying the experience. There'll be lots of people to direct you when coming but just incase you don't get a straight bus, when you get to umuahia, just ask for where you can get buses to Igbere. Take a bus to Igbere. The camp is just before you enter Igbere. You won't miss your way. If you need any other info, you can request, you can drop your pin or phone number. My house is 5 mins walk from camp. If you get to abia early too and don't want to go into camp yet, if you probably want to sight-see, you can be accommodated for the night. I stay just beside the camp. You'll have fun. Abia camp is ready. They brought firewood to cook for you guys yesterday sef.. Lol. You'll have fun.

3 Likes

Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Yask2guy: see this ma baby sha... So na u dey wyne ur big broz? Hope u don buy all ur needed stuffs sha
bomb dey ur head, mke I come hustle u fr abia, wey u dey form boss, for abeokuta u b my boy na!!!!!!!!!! Anyway things dey go steady OYO lole she
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by JohnGalt: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Also, network.. My airtel has small 3g now.. Don't know if it will work well when people are much in camp sha. MTN is good too. Etisalat is also working.
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by osahonmk(m): 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
I hope so too... tanks will be leavin lag on monday... do u know any hotel arund d camp I can lodge... so dat by Tuesday mornin will be in camp don't wanna rush.... and can I have ur contact... tanks once again hope to seee ya
Yask2guy: lolzzz... Well 80% serve in classrooms and ma ppa is ministry of public utilities and water resources in umuahia. You hav a higher chance not to teach sha, just make sure you join the i.t group on camp when volunteers are called for.
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
ednut1: abia state, grin dat state na dead state, served in a village skul grin, lagos to abia is like 9-10 hours, the best tin to do is to follow abia line in jibowu, dey go straight to camp. make una enjoy or beta still get ur doc report and find ur square root grin
wat about accommodatn?
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
JohnGalt: Abia camp is nice and Abia generally is a lovely place. I'm inside the camp presently doing some clearing work (part of cds duties). Anyway, camp Abia is lovely. Look forward to enjoying the experience. There'll be lots of people to direct you when coming but just incase you don't get a straight bus, when you get to umuahia, just ask for where you can get buses to Igbere. Take a bus to Igbere. The camp is just before you enter Igbere. You won't miss your way. If you need any other info, you can request, you can drop your pin or phone number. My house is 5 mins walk from camp. If you get to abia early too and don't want to go into camp yet, if you probably want to sight-see, you can be accommodated for the night. I stay just beside the camp. You'll have fun. Abia camp is ready. They brought firewood to cook for you guys yesterday sef.. Lol. You'll have fun.
are there any discent accommodatn in abia
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by ednut1(m): 3:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
zerray: wat about accommodatn?
if u serve in skul dey may give u accomodation, ministries no accomodation, either rent house or stay in church lodges( no freedom and privacy grin)
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
ednut1:
if u serve in skul dey may give u accomodation, ministries no accomodation, either rent house or stay in church lodges( no freedom and privacy grin)
hw good are the sch accommodatns....what can i do to serve in a ministry.do they even pay allowance
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
ednut1:
the rented houses hw good are they?
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by ednut1(m): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
zerray: hw good are the sch accommodatns....what can i do to serve in a ministry.do they even pay allowance
ministry pays 4000k . u do nting der hence d name ministy of no work. skuls 5000k u go teach tire hahahahahA. serving in ministry is by luck . d skul accommodation is jst average. rented depend on price nd location
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
ednut1: ministry pays 4000k . u do nting der hence d name ministy of no work. skuls 5000k u go teach tire hahahahahA. serving in ministry is by luck . d skul accommodation is jst average. rented depend on price nd location
hian i dnt knw the one dt will be better.
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
Are there even recreational center? or it is just teach teach
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by henrywally: 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
@johngalt, this is my no 08184684982, wale from unibadan. pls is it advisable to go to d camp with all my luggage, because i think coming back home after camp is another way of wasting money
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by JohnGalt: 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
henrywally: @johngalt, this is my no 08184684982, wale from unibadan. pls is it advisable to go to d camp with all my luggage, because i think coming back home after camp is another way of wasting money
I won't advise you take all your luggage. Safety of your belongings isn't much guaranteed in camp. You can risk it if you don't want to travel back home anyway. You'll normally get a week or 2 weeks break after camp (you'll write an official letter) to go back to get your belongings. The choice is yours to make!
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by JohnGalt: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
zerray: are there any discent accommodatn in abia
osasere, you are coming to abia. That's cool! Well, depends on where you are posted. I for one have a very comfortable apartment. I didn't take the lodge provided for me by the school. Wasn't comfortable enough for me so I got my own apartment. Cheap, comfortable and secure too. Far better than the ones you'll find in umuahia. Sadly, everyone wants to go to umuahia during camp. Accommodation depends on where you're posted!
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
JohnGalt: osasere, you are coming to abia. That's cool! Well, depends on where you are posted. I for one have a very comfortable apartment. I didn't take the lodge provided for me by the school. Wasn't comfortable enough for me so I got my own apartment. Cheap, comfortable and secure too. Far better than the ones you'll find in umuahia. Sadly, everyone wants to go to umuahia during camp. Accommodation depends on where you're posted!
nd why did u call me osasere? grin
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by JohnGalt: 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
osahonmk: I hope so too... tanks will be leavin lag on monday... do u know any hotel arund d camp I can lodge... so dat by Tuesday mornin will be in camp don't wanna rush.... and can I have ur contact... tanks once again hope to seee ya
as I said, if you need a lodge "close" to camp. Emphasis on 'close' that will be in Igbere. There's an aptly named "wisdom orientation guest house"... I think it's because of the orientation camp (lol..not sure). Anyway, that can be worked out. You can drop your contact if interested. Will add you up or call you.
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by JohnGalt: 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
zerray: nd why did u call me osasere? grin
lool. Because I know you. When I first saw zerray, It sounded familiar until I checked your profile and saw your twitter handle and I confirmed. You've been following me for a long time and i likewise.
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by delejames(m): 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
Im posted to Abia ooo..Unilag don kill me ooo...
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
JohnGalt: lool. Because I know you. When I first saw zerray, It sounded familiar until I checked your profile and saw your twitter handle and I confirmed. You've been following me for a long time and me likewise.
lol on twitter right? woow small world
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by JohnGalt: 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
zerray: lol on twitter right? woow small world
yeah very small
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
JohnGalt: yeah very small
yh true
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
osahonmk: I hope so too... tanks will be leavin lag on monday... do u know any hotel arund d camp I can lodge... so dat by Tuesday mornin will be in camp don't wanna rush.... and can I have ur contact... tanks once again hope to seee ya
There are lodges in Umuahia where you can pass the night but if you still prefer hotel, you will surely get 1.
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by wandevincent(m): 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
I welcome u all to the God's own state, specifically to umuna, bende local government of abia state which will be the host for the three weeks camping exercise. it'll be a fun filled camping for u all as there are interesting activities that will span through the three week of ur stay in camp . Am currently serving in aba dubbed by many as the african china, for enquiries u may contact me on whatsapp: 08039498560 BB pin;22B8A7D7.Best of luck to u all
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Victorbadek: 12:31am On Aug 01, 2014
Any FUNAABITE posted to Abia state here? contact me, 7C8FC51E, 08131813040.
Re: Posted to Abia State, NYSC Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 01, 2014
get urself updated wit ur postin 2 Abia state thru watsapp forum nw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Batch C 2014/2015 Passing Out Date! / NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? / Kano Batch A Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.