Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! (20623 Views)

Bauchi State NYSC 2014 Batch B...meets Here, Before We Meet There ! / NYSC 2014 Batch B House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by codedB(m): 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
Am also posted to kebbi state,taking the bus from oyingbo near yaba on monday abt 10 to 11 hrs journey....21C4A165 whatapp 08171963870
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by udysweet(f): 6:12am On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=dammyconcept][/quote]this is stressful o! It can't be dat boring if uav pple going the same way as u. My brother is posted there but I don't think dis idea is ideal cos of the many boarding and un boarding. Lemme go check iddo today cos dats where I used to board wen I served in sokoto
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Ngasky(m): 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
If you are coming from southwest or even Abuja axis you dont need to reach Birnin Kebbi. Just drop at Koko Junction and get a taxi it is not more than 200 naira to the camp.
If you are coming from Sokoto/Gusau axis you have to go to Birnin Kebbi first from B/K to camp is 500 naira.
In terms of security in the whole Kebbi state in the last 1 years there is less than 5 armed robberies. 0 murder/asassination. In the last 35 years there is no single Southerners/Northerners clash either religious or ethnic.
In the last 20 years no single Corper has been killed. Is there any state in the south that can boast of these? Forget it security is not a challenge.
For the distance yes Kebbi is far North there is no doubt about that. But if you can afford it you can charter a flight to the newly completed and best equipped airport in the coutry just 15 km from birnin kebbi.
Note the temperature is harsh and for the drunkards and nymphs kebbi is not an ideal for you.
YOU ARE WELLCOME TO KEBBI STATE, WE WISH YOU A SUCCESSFUL SERVICE YEAR AHEAD

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Ngasky(m): 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
If you cant get Kebbi bus just board Sokoto bus and tell the driver to drop you in Koko local government.
Every bus going to Sokoto from Ilorin road must pass through Kebbi state

1 Like

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Ngasky(m): 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
yorex2011: Hw bout delta/edo state to kebbi... Anyone knw of the best routes?..
you are coming through benue road. The bus may likely be a sokoto bus. If u reach sokoto get a birnin kebbi bus it is about 700 to 900 naira depending on where u get the bus. From birnin kebbi to camp is 500 naira
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Ngasky(m): 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
XerXesNG: Im looking for the thread containing requirements to register at camp.
1. Call-up letter.
2. Your credentials.
3. Make atleast 5 copies of the above.
4. 10-12 passport photographs.
5. School I.D. Card
OPTIONAL BUT YOU MAY HAVE TO BUY THE FOLLOWING AT EXORBITANT RATES IN CAMP:
6. Bucket
7. Cup, spoons, small food cooler/bowl
8. MOSQUITOR NET (DONT EVER FORGET THIS)
9. Soaps, detergent, sponge
10. If u lyk buy pairs of white shorts, T-shirts, socks and canvas (must be white only). You will be given 2 pair of white shorts 2 pair of T-shirts 1 pair of canvas. But remember you are going to spend 3 weeks in this dressing most likely you may need to buy the above as only uniform is allowed in camp.
For ladies buy your sanitary pads.
For muslim Ladies a small shoulder hijab is allowed. And trouser that pass the knee is allowed. No long sleeve shirt. And remember all should be white.
Lastly bevereages like milk, sugar, lipton, milo, cornflakes are allowed. Make sure your bag/box can be locked securely. WISH YOU GOODLUCK

1 Like

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
date....3rd of Aug
Time .....1.52pm
now on my way to Kebbi state where I will serve my fathersland.
What's your VISION & MISSION?
Remember"Don't think of what your country will do for you but what you will do for your country. Don't pass like a shadow that has " OPERATION ZERO % IMPACT.
I will see you when we get there. dammys kontact :+234 803 567 9171

1 Like

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by hayordelevic(m): 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
Mr/miss negasky pls can I get your number or pin please? Am coming from abuja to kebbi state Tuesday morning. Thanks in atisipation
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by eloann: 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
I was posted to kebbi,my sis says i should come to lagos tomorow.den fly to sokoto on tuesday from der to kebbi is approximately 5hrs
yorex2011:
Ohk
I was posted to kebbi,my sis says i should come to lagos tomorow.den fly to sokoto on tuesday from der to kebbi is approximately 5hrs
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by eloann: 2:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
Please what are the other credentials needed aside statement of result,school I.d card,and call up letter?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by omash: 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
Plsss o I want 2 know how much kebbi is paying their corp members.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2014
omash: Plsss o I want 2 know how much kebbi is paying their corp members.
I heard it's 2,000naira ,but I was told if u are posted to a private school u will be paid between 4k to 10k by the schools.And I was told there are much private schools than public schools in kebbi.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
From Ngasky's info, when I get to Abuja tomorrow, if there's no direct bus to camp, I'll take a bus to Sokoto, then drop at Koko LGA.
However, I really hope there's a direct bus to camp. Somewhere in ABJ.

Ngasky thanks a lot!!
Credentials meaning just statement of result, right?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
dammyconcept: date....3rd of Aug
Time .....1.52pm
now on my way to Kebbi state where I will serve my fathersland.
What's your VISION & MISSION?
Remember"Don't think of what your country will do for you but what you will do for your country. Don't pass like a shadow that has " OPERATION ZERO % IMPACT.
I will see you when we get there. dammys kontact :+234 803 567 9171

Safe journey bro!
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
Safe journey everyone
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
Cutekemitola: Safe journey everyone
Sup are still insisting on not going for camp?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
ajasa4link:
Sup are still insisting on not going for camp?
m going by nov
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by itaarchie: 5:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
Please, what's the process for redeployment? And what are the requirements?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
Cutekemitola: m going by nov
OK, goodluck
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
ajasa4link:
OK, goodluck
tanx n u 2
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by desertboom(m): 12:54am On Aug 04, 2014
@Cutekemitola. . . Why waste your time waiting for November when there is option B, being redeployment to your choice location. Time waits for no one, make use of this opportunity.

I did not want to go too considering my location. I realise from Owerri here to Kebbi will take me nothing less than 20 hours.
Again, the weather condition is very harsh all most all over North-West Nigeria. Well, I decided to take it as an adventure atleast I will get to know another far end point of Nigeria called Kebbi.

Therefore, you too can take such a bold step.

@everyone. . . .
I intend stoping at Abuja and lodge in a hotel to enable me continue the next day as I can not sit for 20 hours at a stretch.
Could there be a better option than this?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Pworld(m): 5:22am On Aug 04, 2014
yokiti:
Bro, I know at least 3 persons that do follow those buses up North when the need to journey across the Niger arises without any negative development.
As Mannylex will say; have no fear because you will journey to your destination in Joy.
You can as well follow Ilorin- Kontagora- Kebbi route:
You will get Ilorin Afonja at Iyana Ipaja; from Maraba park in Ilorin, Kontagora bus will be there, when you get to Kontagora, you will get those small Toyota starlet cars going to Kebbi either from the Auna- Salka- Agwara- Ibeto garage or opposite Baptist School/church- General Hospital- Colonel (Rtd.) Sani Bello vocational centre along Kebbi express.
As someone said on this thread, if the Dakingari camp is in Zuru local governement, then I can tell you to follow Government Girl College ( GGC)- Zuru town road instead but I just dont know how far the camp is from the Zuru town.
Niger and Kebbi states are so interwoven that at times, if you want to go from a place in Niger to another inbetween Niger state, you will enter Kebbi before getting to the place, its same for Kebbi state too.
Safe journey and do have a fulfilling service year ahead!

However you wanna get there bro, just stay safe sir.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 6:22am On Aug 04, 2014
Desertboom if you're coming from the east, that's a good option. That's what I'll do too. But if I get to Abuja early enough today, I'll push forward a bit. Maybe go to ninja or even as far as Kotangora both in Niger. So the journey on Tuesday won't be so long. Because Abuja to Dakingari is still probably about 6-8 hours depending on the condition of the road which I do not know.
Are you flying to ABJ?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 04, 2014
desertboom: @Cutekemitola. . . Why waste your time waiting for November when there is option B, being redeployment to your choice location. Time waits for no one, make use of this opportunity.

I did not want to go too considering my location. I realise from Owerri here to Kebbi will take me nothing less than 20 hours.
Again, the weather condition is very harsh all most all over North-West Nigeria. Well, I decided to take it as an adventure atleast I will get to know another far end point of Nigeria called Kebbi.

Therefore, you too can take such a bold step.

@everyone. . . .
I intend stoping at Abuja and lodge in a hotel to enable me continue the next day as I can not sit for 20 hours at a stretch.
Could there be a better option than this?

yeah,I knw...wuld av gone but I just can't,I knw myself....it is better for me to wait,anyways safe journey
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by desertboom(m): 7:17am On Aug 04, 2014
XerXesNG: Desertboom if you're coming from the east, that's a good option. That's what I'll do too. But if I get to Abuja early enough today, I'll push forward a bit. Maybe go to ninja or even as far as Kotangora both in Niger. So the journey on Tuesday won't be so long. Because Abuja to Dakingari is still probably about 6-8 hours depending on the condition of the road which I do not know.
Are you flying to ABJ?

I've not gotten my statement of result and call-up yet.
If I get it today, I'll join bus tomorrow morning but if its tomorrow I'll have to fly in order to meet up.

Hoping to meet you all in Camp Dakingari.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by desertboom(m): 7:31am On Aug 04, 2014
Cutekemitola: yeah,I knw...wuld av gone but I just can't,I knw myself....it is better for me to wait,anyways safe journey

Thanks and success to you too
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Ngasky(m): 7:49am On Aug 04, 2014
XerXesNG: From Ngasky's info, when I get to Abuja tomorrow, if there's no direct bus to camp, I'll take a bus to Sokoto, then drop at Koko LGA.
However, I really hope there's a direct bus to camp. Somewhere in ABJ.

Ngasky thanks a lot!!
Credentials meaning just statement of result, right?
including primary, secondary, indigene and birth certs.
From Abuja i dont know whether ure coming through suleja or kaduna. If it is suleja then drop at Koko but if it is through Kaduna you have to go through Sokoto. Anybody from Abuja that want to come to Kebbi direct should go to suleja's car park i think it is between 3000-3500 naira
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Ngasky(m): 7:54am On Aug 04, 2014
It is good to register early at the camp. But dont be overly concerned registration will end on thursday. As such make sure you are in the camp by 00:01 am Friday
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Ngasky(m): 8:02am On Aug 04, 2014
hayordelevic: Mr/miss negasky pls can I get your number or pin please? Am coming from abuja to kebbi state Tuesday morning. Thanks in atisipation
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 8:14am On Aug 04, 2014
Ngasky:
including primary, secondary, indigene and birth certs.
From Abuja i dont know whether ure coming through suleja or kaduna. If it is suleja then drop at Koko but if it is through Kaduna you have to go through Sokoto. Anybody from Abuja that want to come to Kebbi direct should go to suleja's car park i think it is between 3000-3500 naira

From Airport to Suleja park, I hope isn't too far.

Thanks!
I heard Abuja to Minna is 3 hours! Please is that true? They're so close on the map, shouldn't be more than 1 hour!

I will get to Abuja around 4-5 PM today. I want to know if I can push further to Minna or even Kotangora.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Ngasky(m): 8:21am On Aug 04, 2014
XerXesNG:
From Airport to Suleja park, I hope isn't too far.
Thanks!
I heard Abuja to Minna is 3 hours! Please is that true? They're so close on the map, shouldn't be more than 1 hour!
I will get to Abuja around 4-5 PM today. I want to know if I can push further to Minna or even Kotangora.
Bad roads in Niger state, and yes it is not that far
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 8:53am On Aug 04, 2014
Airport to Suleja is full of traffic.

People recommended Zuba or Jabi park to get the vehicle to Kotangora. What do you think? Bearing in mind that I'll land in Abuja at 4-5PM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Near Death Experience As A Prospective Stream II Corper / Two Corpers To Repeat Service In Benue For Absconding / Adamawa Corper, Joseph Tobi Okediji Completes Major Projects At His PPA (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.