Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down (5002 Views)

How Will You Rank These Three Universities, OAU, UI, And UNILAG? / Unillorin Tops Ibadan In April University Rankings At VNTI / African University Rankings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Davo93(m): 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
The latest University Ranking of the popular 4iuc.org parades Obafemi Awolowo University as the third best in Nigeria. The ranking means the initially rated best University in the nation dropped two places down. Occupying the leading position now is the University of Ilorin while University of Lagos occupies the second spot. OAU occupies the 26th position in Africa and the 2157th position in the World Ranking.

The backdrop in the performance of Obafemi Awolowo University in this ranking may not be unconnected to the recent closure of the University by the school authority following demonstrations by the students over increment in school fees which manyhas labelled 'Inconsiderable' and 'Outrageous'.

Below are the the top 20 Universities according to the July, 2014 4icu.org Ranking

1 University of Ilorin

2 University of Lagos

3 Obafemi Awolowo University

4 University of Ibadan

5 Landmark University

6 Covenant University

7 Federal University of Technology, Minna

8 University of Benin

9 University of Agriculture, Abeokuta

10 University of Nigeria

11 Madonna University

12 Ahmadu Bello University

13 University of Port Harcourt

14 Federal University of Technology, Akure

15 Rivers State University of Science and Technology

16 Bayero University Kano

17 University of Jos

18 Nnamdi Azikiwe University

19 Redeemer's University

20 University of Maiduguri

4 International Colleges & Universities is an international higher education search engine and directory reviewing accredited Universities and Colleges in the world. 4icu.org includes 11,307 Colleges and Universities, ranked by web popularity, in 200 countries.

http://www.oaupeeps.com/2014/07/latest-university-rankings-oau-drops-to.html

2 Likes

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by eledacedar(f): 7:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
FTC............... Tanke, tipper garage, PS, Mini(those days)

The only university in Nigeria without ASUU strike for over 12 years.

14 Likes

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by GboyegaD(m): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
If Landmark that just kicked off topped old institutions who have professors and have been doing some research (which may not be top quality though) in Nigeria, then I for one do not believe in this rating.

3 Likes

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Haywhymido(m): 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
#Team We are better by far

1 Like

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by barnaby04(m): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Another reason why you must respect us cos we are BETTER BY FAR!

1 Like

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
WOW i believe in unilag coz that is my 1st choice university, and unilorin the 2nd choice, thank god they toped the list
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
i love my alma mata.....probitas doctrina....

1 Like

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by haykins01(m): 12:05am On Jul 31, 2014
this list doesnt look correct..Landmark and madona university ahead of uniben,Futa??..i disagree

1 Like

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by phransix147(m): 12:42am On Jul 31, 2014
I book this space 4 my E-babe abeg! Make una no vex...
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by phransix147(m): 12:43am On Jul 31, 2014
See oh FUT Minna is coming up... I know one day they wud hit the top spot
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Samgreguc(m): 5:17am On Jul 31, 2014
haykins01: this list doesnt look correct..Landmark and madona university ahead of uniben,Futa??..i disagree
dnt worry urself that ranking is base on web popularity not academic excellence.

2 Likes

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Samgreguc(m): 5:19am On Jul 31, 2014
THIS RANKING IS BY WEB POPULARITY not ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE.
I think private unis should lead becos people failed jamb lst yr and this yr.

1 Like

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by funshyboi(m): 6:26am On Jul 31, 2014
Am not suprised tho, because the criteria been used ain't pertained to the academic excellence most times,but facilities and infrastructure.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by elguaje(m): 6:55am On Jul 31, 2014
lipsrsealed#Team# Far from better undecided
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by hilariousdammie(m): 8:24am On Jul 31, 2014
eledacedar: FTC............... Tanke, tipper garage, PS, Mini(those days)

Probitas doctrina.......... Better by far.

The only university in Nigeria without ASUU strike for over 12 years.
yeah bro beta by far, gah kunbi, pipeline tanke oke odo

1 Like

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by majour(m): 8:30am On Jul 31, 2014
UNILORIN, be killing it since 1973, Lols, proudly rep my alma mata, proudly biochem, love my school....
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 31, 2014
Who cares? It's all about 'web presence' and we all know UNILORIN has the highest number of applicant in jamb followed by OAU, UNIBEN, UNIZIK and UNILAG. gringrin

So, I am not surprised. undecided
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Bawsse(m): 9:09am On Jul 31, 2014
Davo93: The latest University Ranking of the popular 4iuc.org parades Obafemi Awolowo University as the third best in Nigeria. The ranking means the initially rated best University in the nation dropped two places down. Occupying the leading position now is the University of Ilorin while University of Lagos occupies the second spot. OAU occupies the 26th position in Africa and the 2157th position in the World Ranking.
The backdrop in the performance of Obafemi Awolowo University in this ranking may not be unconnected to the recent closure of the University by the school authority following demonstrations by the students over increment in school fees which manyhas labelled 'Inconsiderable' and 'Outrageous'.
Below are the the top 20 Universities according to the July, 2014 4icu.org Ranking
1 University of Ilorin
2 University of Lagos
3 Obafemi Awolowo University
4 University of Ibadan
5 Landmark University
6 Covenant University
7 Federal University of Technology, Minna
8 University of Benin
9 University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
10 University of Nigeria
11 Madonna University
12 Ahmadu Bello University
13 University of Port Harcourt
14 Federal University of Technology, Akure
15 Rivers State University of Science and Technology
16 Bayero University Kano
17 University of Jos
18 Nnamdi Azikiwe University
19 Redeemer's University
20 University of Maiduguri
4 International Colleges & Universities is an international higher education search engine and directory reviewing accredited Universities and Colleges in the world. 4icu.org includes 11,307 Colleges and Universities, ranked by web popularity, in 200 countries.
http://www.oaupeeps.com/2014/07/latest-university-rankings-oau-drops-to.html

so yall didnt notice the bolded?
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Stuffyj(m): 10:08am On Jul 31, 2014
Unilorin, better by far.
Mods, front page pls.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by diarisgod(m): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2014
nawa o
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 31, 2014
GboyegaD: If Landmark that just kicked off topped old institutions who have professors and have been doing some research (which may not be top quality though) in Nigeria, then I for one do not believe in this rating.
And you presume private varsities don't employ or have professors?
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Lordseyad(m): 11:50am On Jul 31, 2014
We are THE BEST SO FAR!!
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by maxbj(m): 11:55am On Jul 31, 2014
Better by far by far......adewole, agbooba, saw mail, surulere things. Irep mini campus
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by cirmuell(m): 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
maxbj: Better by far by far......adewole, agbooba, saw mail mill, surulere things. Irep mini campus
angry
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by bolaji73(m): 3:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
FrancisTony: Who cares? It's all about 'web presence' and we all know UNILORIN has the highest number of applicant in jamb followed by OAU, UNIBEN, UNIZIK and UNILAG. gringrin

So, I am not surprised. undecided
going by your assumed stipulated criteria, unizik should have come 2nd cos they were the second most sorted after university for the just concluded jamb after unilorin.
so dude,your assumption holds no water.
though, I'm a student of Oau but if I have the opportunity to cross to unilorin I won't think twice before making the turn.

3 Likes

Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
bolaji73: going by your assumed stipulated criteria, unizik should have come 2nd cos they were the second most sorted after university for the just concluded jamb after unilorin.
though, I'm a student of Oau but if I have the opportunity to cross to unilorin I won't think twice before making the turn.

But the whole ranking is still by web presence sha.

Reasons why you wanna switch to UNILORIN? Because they are free from ASUU strike not academic excellence. What else?

Oau admit best student in p.utme. Unilorin P.utme is all about how good you are in English and current affair. And aswear, brilliant lads and lass will not be admitted in UNILORIN.

Btw, who cares

OAU are known by their inferiority complex and nothing else. gringrin

Great Ife my bum bum.

Make 'Great Ife' students on this forum catch you for that statement @bolded. You go hear am. smiley
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by nedupel(m): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
It just a mater of time landmark n covenant university will take over.Old tins have pass away its new school now.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by GboyegaD(m): 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
Largas:
And you presume private varsities don't employ or have professors?

No one is arguing if they have professors or not. All I am saying is that they do not have researches to make them a top university in less than 3years of existence.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Abasstoheeb(m): 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nawa o,I don't knw hw pple always tink lyk dis..so far as i lyk Unilorin,i can't put them d 6th best compare to given dem best in Academic Calender....UNIBADAN OAU UNILAG UNN FUTA etc and Come see best of best in student and Lecturer...In history of Unilorin go chek dere 1st chancellor and best lecturer dere..dey graduated @UI and OAU..wat do u mean by dis incorrect ranking...Let me ask u,Can u imagine dis state Universities even among d list wen d Fed skul stil below...nonsense...Go chek d Cut-off mark 4 evry skul...UI OAU UNILAG FUTA UNIBEN and som others always in 200...Nw unilorin Using 180 because dey knw if dey use 200 as cut-off mark it wud affect many of dere Indigene or isn't so,why callin dem best ..am nt here to oppose bt let be realistics Rep Team #UNIBADAN#
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by GboyegaD(m): 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
FrancisTony:

But the whole ranking is still by web presense sha.

Reasons why you wanna switch to UNILORIN? Because they are free from ASUU strike not academic excellence. What else?

Oau admit best student in p.utme. Unilorin P.utme is all about how good you are in English and current affair. And aswear, brilliant lads and lass will not be admitted in UNILORIN.

Btw, who cares

OAU are known by their inferiority complex and nothing else. gringrin

Great Ife my bum bum

Make 'Great Ife' students on this forum catch you for that statement @bolded. You go hear am. smiley

"Eniti o ni iru eni, o le mo iyi eni". This simply implies that you do not know the worth of OAU, Ife because you were not opportune to attend the university nevertheless, that doesn't give you the audacity to make such uncouth statements about the university.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by GboyegaD(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
bolaji73: going by your assumed stipulated criteria, unizik should have come 2nd cos they were the second most sorted after university for the just concluded jamb after unilorin.

The grass only looks greener on the other side doesn't suggest it is truly of greater nutrients that your side of the field.
Re: Latest University Rankings: UNILORIN Tops As OAU & UI Drop Down by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
GboyegaD:

"Eniti o ni iru eni, o le mo iyi eni". This simply implies that you do not know the worth of OAU, Ife because you were not opportune to attend the university nevertheless, that doesn't give you the audacity to make such uncouth statements about the university.

Biko, go and attack Bolaji that made the statement not me.

He exhibited 'OAU' students inferiority complex.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unpaid SIWES N15,000 Allowance / Obafemi Awolowo University List Ofapproved Courses For 2015/2016 Academicsession / Need Address To Toefl & Gmat Test Centres In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.