Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess (42153 Views)

I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? / Muslim Man Buries Wife And Children Alive For Reading The Bible / Muslim Murders Wife For Reading Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by nnamdibig(m): 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
PLAINVIEW, TX – A 13-year-old boy was suspended from school after he was caught reading the Bible during recess. Plainview Middle School says Joshua Patterson violated school policy by reading the Bible in school.
School officials say the student was warned several times that he could not practice religion during school hours, but refused to comply. A letter was sent home to the child’s parents warning them that Joshua could be suspended or even expelled if he continued this behavior.
Patterson’s parents, who are devout Christians, told their son to continue reading his Bible because it was his Constitutional right. Megan and Daniel Patterson say they intend to file a lawsuit against Plainview Middle School.

“We are going to fight this with all of our might,” said the child’s father Daniel Patterson. “How can a school tell a student that something as simple as reading his Bible is wrong? We teach our children about the miraculous wonders of God, and Joshua has taken a special interest in religion. His dream is to one day be a preacher. This school has violated the rights of our child, and we will ensure this never happens to another student.”
The school refused to elaborate on why they chose to suspend Joshua, other than saying his actions were directly against school policy.
Share the post "Boy Suspended from School For Reading Bible During Recess"

www.thenewsnerd.com/local/boy-suspended-school-reading-bible-recess

9 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by mstik(f): 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
I thought there was freedom of religion in the US

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by nnamdibig(m): 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
mstik: I thought there was freedom of religion in the US
Me too

1 Like

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by fr3do(m): 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
Satanic people
If it were a material that has "There is no God" boldly crested on it, They would have no qualms.

49 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by AmunRaOlodumare: 11:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
nnamdibig: violated school policy by reading the Bible in school.
Should have been the first policy introduced in Africa by the law makers after the end of colonization!

Nothing worse than having your people mentally and spiritually colonized by the colonialist enemy who then enslave and colonize your people!

31 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Weah96: 3:46am On Jul 31, 2014
AmunRaOlodumare:

Nothing worse than having your people mentally and spiritually colonized by the colonialist enemy who then enslave and colonize your people!

And then coercing them into adopting the image of an attractive white male as the object of prayers. It's the Trojan horse all over again.

32 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 31, 2014
If indeed that was his offence then the school has at least one very silly policy.

9 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Mynd44: 5:08am On Jul 31, 2014
striktlymi: If indeed that was his offence then the school has at least one very silly policy.
If this is not his first warning, he should have obeyed or atleast found another school.

Imagine the chaos and confusion if everyone took their religion to school.

I doubt most of you people here will want your child/ward to sit beside a boy who comes to school with Juju if his parents are Pagans.

104 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by shadowwalker101: 5:11am On Jul 31, 2014
na wa oo
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by datguru: 5:11am On Jul 31, 2014
Even in the States? angry

1 Like

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by rozayx5(m): 5:12am On Jul 31, 2014

Don't mind the hypocrites undecided

7 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Jarchi(m): 5:13am On Jul 31, 2014
Imagine .......
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 31, 2014
what if the boy had been reading ponographic magazines?

13 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by sammieguze(m): 5:15am On Jul 31, 2014
Infringement on his human right

6 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 31, 2014
Mynd44:
If this is not his first warning, he should have obeyed or atleast found another school.

Imagine the chaos and confusion if everyone took their religion to school.

I doubt most of you people here will want your child/ward to sit beside a boy who comes to school with Juju if his parents are Pagans.

I would only worry if the individual puts his so called juju in my face. As long as he does his thing at his own time and not in class or at other peoples convenience then he can as well swallow his juju for all I care. The lad did absolutely nothing wrong reading the bible at his own time, to himself.

132 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Swiftboy(m): 5:16am On Jul 31, 2014
No oh! Practicing of religion in public is forbidden...but there's freedom for homosexuality and other perverse life styles. Thats why you'll hear that a teenager went shooting his classmates just cause they would not play with him.lol whites kids huh! grin

45 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Mynd44: 5:16am On Jul 31, 2014
striktlymi:

I would only worry if the individual puts his so called juju in my face. As long as he does his thing at his own time and not in class nor at other peoples convenience then he can as well swallow his juju for all I care. The lad did absolutely nothing wrong reading the bible at his own time, to himself.
His own time, yes. But school regulations........

No one asked you not to be Christian, they just don't want religious stuff in school.

15 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by DJDOLA(m): 5:17am On Jul 31, 2014
Thank God is not any muslim school...I trust my nairaland christian wanna be friends...d topic go don reach 20 pages by now....

49 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 5:17am On Jul 31, 2014
The same school will talk about Halloween and hold parades for it
The parents will win the lawsuit sha

17 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by aminho(m): 5:18am On Jul 31, 2014
if it is in a muslim country hell would have been boiling evry agbero will be insulting them but since its the almighty US OF A its not a big deal i weep for nigerians

55 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by MrRhymes101(m): 5:18am On Jul 31, 2014
he broke the law n should be punished accordingly.....simple

9 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 31, 2014
Mynd44:
His own time, yes. But school regulations........

No one asked you not to be Christian, they just don't want religious stuff in school.

They can't make unreasonable demands and expect people to abide by them, just because they feel uncomfortable with it. Their act is senseless and very wrong. Haba, how can an individual be deprived from going to school for such flimpsy excuse? Not that he took a gun to school.

37 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by mstik(f): 5:21am On Jul 31, 2014
It's really pathetic
Swiftboy: No oh! Practicing of religion in public is forbidden...but there's freedom for homosexuality and other perverse life styles. Thats why you'll hear that teenager went shooting his classmates just cause they would not play with him.lol whites huh! grin

3 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by jayseehe(m): 5:24am On Jul 31, 2014
sammieguze: Infringement on his human right

if people are deprived of worshiping idol, not sure you will say this same thing

5 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Swiftboy(m): 5:25am On Jul 31, 2014
Lol you can say that again! They've lost their core values to 'freedom' forgetting that there's no absolute freedom.
mstik: It's really pathetic
Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Smartsyn(m): 5:25am On Jul 31, 2014
Na playboy magazine they wan make he dey read abi..

7 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by sammieguze(m): 5:26am On Jul 31, 2014
I sure will as long as human sacrifice, mutilation and other human rights are not violated

jayseehe:

if people are deprived of worshiping idol, not sure you will say this same thing

1 Like

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 31, 2014
Wetin concern the school if the boy always gets his sums right?

If he doesn't fail his exams... I see no reason for such infringement.

5 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by jayseehe(m): 5:27am On Jul 31, 2014
striktlymi:

They can't make unreasonable demands and expect people to abide by them, just because they feel uncomfortable with it. Their act is senseless and very wrong. Haba, how can an individual be deprived from going to school for such flimpsy excuse? Not that he took a gun to school.
what about unreasonable demands made by Nigerian Christian schools; were going to church is compulsory

15 Likes

Re: Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 31, 2014
Kai, US is taking something's too far. Anyway they've succeeded in making that boy a celebrity. If they disturb that boy too much please let him seek for asylum in Nigeria o.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi And Wife Visit Osinbajo In Abuja / Inside Bishop Isaac Idahosa’s N2.5 Billion Illumination Assembly Church / Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.