Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (27779 Views)

Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man?(pics) / Is It Ever Okay For A Girl To Propose To Her Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:38am On Jul 31, 2014
MadCow1:

Me wait ke?!

Even at 80, I fit still marry as long as pepper rest..
You after 40, them don put you on sales promo o!! 40% off, plus buy now get 1 Kia Picanto free and 50,000 Naira gift voucher plus all-expense paid Wedding.. grin
Na wa for you o! grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by akuchiemartin(m): 10:39am On Jul 31, 2014
How many times we go read this kind post..? Abeg make una post better things that's informative not this trash. Mtcheeeeewwwww
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by mizBerry1(f): 10:40am On Jul 31, 2014
ITS NOT OKAY•AND IT WILL NEVER BE OKAY••THIS IS AFRICA••WE HAVE A CULTURE

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by myspnigeria: 10:42am On Jul 31, 2014
It's not wrong but the society has made it look so
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 31, 2014
mizBerry1: ITS NOT OKAY•AND IT WILL NEVER BE OKAY••THIS IS AFRICA••WE HAVE A CULTURE

Lol... what culture. I'd be happy if the one I Love, propose to me. It only shows she loves me that much. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by mizBerry1(f): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2014
Ceasar1:

Lol... what culture. I'd be happy if the one I Love, propose to me. It only shows she loves me that much. cheesy
in my opinion I think its only a "Desperate"lady that will do that••Besides of all Guys in the world I wonder why a lady will propose to a Nigerian Guy••Most Nigerian Guys are too proud..I pity a lady dat will do dat••The guy will sooo take advantage of her
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by edo70: 10:49am On Jul 31, 2014
i dont think a woman shd propose to a man.i hv seen a case whereby a lady proposes n guy was forming.i pity d lady d way d guy was maltreating her.all d guys around were aware n she became a laughing butt.ladies find a coded way of showing without being obvious.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by sugaarbear(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2014
if shes rich the she can propose to me lol i go accept
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 31, 2014
mizBerry1: in my opinion I think its only a "Desperate"lady that will do that••Besides of all Guys in the world I wonder why a lady will propose to a Nigerian Guy••Most Nigerian Guys are too proud..I pity a lady dat will do dat••The guy will sooo take advantage of her
I won't do that. *promise
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by MadCow1: 10:53am On Jul 31, 2014
mizBerry1: in my opinion I think its only a "Desperate"lady that will do that••Besides of all Guys in the world I wonder why a lady will propose to a Nigerian Guy••Most Nigerian Guys are too proud..I pity a lady dat will do dat••The guy will sooo take advantage of her

So do you believe in Gender Equality? YES or NO?
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by dondavidson(m): 10:53am On Jul 31, 2014
this topic again
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by IAMBREEZY: 10:54am On Jul 31, 2014
MadCow1:

Me wait ke?!

You after 40, them don put you on sales promo o!! 40% off, plus buy now get 1 Kia Picanto free and 50,000 Naira gift voucher plus all-expense paid Wedding.. grin
Lol...you are really a mad cow. cheesycheesy
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by fijiano202(m): 10:54am On Jul 31, 2014
I would be glad if a lady propose to me that simply means i wont buy an engagement ring....i totally support this

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2014
MadCow1:

. Nice kwession grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by mizBerry1(f): 10:55am On Jul 31, 2014
MadCow1:

I knw where you are going to••Gender Equality Yes, not in relationship/Marriage...Marriage is Sacred
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by SpencerLewis(m): 10:56am On Jul 31, 2014
Frankmishael: repent the kingdom of God is at hand
Iti boribo stop derailing this thread, ok.
My humble suggestion.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by MadCow1: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2014
mizBerry1: I knw where you are going to••Gender Equality Yes, not in relationship/Marriage...Marriage is Sacred

So in the 'remixed' words of the character 'Napoleon' from George Orwell's 1942 classic 'Animal Farm': Men and Women are equal, but Men are more Equal than women in Marriage/relationship.

I am correct, Yes?!
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by SpencerLewis(m): 11:04am On Jul 31, 2014
kennytidistar: it's possible, a lady Once told me I'm highly intimidating and she love to be with me, then I said OK and We became friends, if you love him why not pick up your happiness by telling him your thought, he might not know you really need him. if you can winks at him or step on his foot why can't you open your mouth.?
Mr. Kenny....star, tell us how it the relationship ended. That as for all wasn't a proposal from the lady. It was just 'chiking or toasting or TT' as they call it that the lady did to u. Meanwh, did the lady marry u as the thread is abt proposals leading to marriage.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by sucre22(f): 11:04am On Jul 31, 2014
To me is very bad o
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by TheMatrix3: 11:04am On Jul 31, 2014
I heard its only allowed on the 29th of February (once in every four years)

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by shinacollins(m): 11:05am On Jul 31, 2014
Sure! I love it when ladies go all out on me. Absolutely and very Romantic.
If a lady proposes to me and I like her.... Gbam! That is it. I am hooked.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Malakh: 11:05am On Jul 31, 2014
valmunich: Who here also pees at the side of the toilet just cos it makes less noise?
You've been watching too much worldstarhiphop....
Shout out to my black Jews, shout out to the Lembas, Wolofs, Ashantis, Igbos, Yorubas, Tutsis, Bantus

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by gebest: 11:05am On Jul 31, 2014
IN AMERICA/EUROPE YES, BUT IN AFRICA NO.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by justi4jesu(f): 11:08am On Jul 31, 2014
MadCow1:

Me wait ke?!

Lol....in ur dreams
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by SpencerLewis(m): 11:10am On Jul 31, 2014
justi4jesu:

It is proper for a man and not a woman to propose because that is how the marriage covenant works.

God's word teaches us that the man is the covering of the relationship and women should come under his protection. The man, by proposing, is

saying "I will protect you" and the woman taking his name is saying "I will submit (come under your protection) to you and the

name change shows everyone that fact. Even if the couple getting married isn't Christian the explanation of the marriage covenant is explained in any wedding I've been to or performed at.
Proper for which belief? That Judeo-Christian belief. In these two religions, women were cheated under the disguise that their God said this or that w/out any verification. These were fallout of primitive Jewish traditional believes which unfortunately was incorporated into their religion. This is worst in Islam, where women are victims of violence (honour killing, rape, adultery etc). However, the op made reference to Indian, where in Hindu tradition the women propose and pay the groom price.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by MadCow1: 11:10am On Jul 31, 2014
justi4jesu:

Lol....in ur dreams

Naaaaa..

In my Dreams, you and I wouldnt be chatting on a computer when the weather outside says 'weather for two'. cool
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by shinacollins(m): 11:11am On Jul 31, 2014
I absolutely love it when a lady goes all out on me. To propose is the epitome of romanticism. I would adore her for life. I have to like her statistics and wherewithal though... You know what I mean....

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Johnnoo(m): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2014
waterhouse071: what I could see is a woman proposing to a woman.

grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by mizBerry1(f): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2014
MadCow1:

So in the 'remixed' words of the character 'Napoleon' from George Orwell's 1942 classic 'Animal Farm': Men and Women are equal, but Men are more Equal than women in Marriage/relationship.

I am correct, Yes?!
fine.. Allow a lady propose to you then you start answering her "surname name",you move into her house.And she becomes the head of the house••is that okay by you?
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2014
justi4jesu:

Like seriously.....ring ko, handcuff ni...u go wait tire then. cheesy
Just4Jesus indeed
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by tonychristopher: 11:18am On Jul 31, 2014
Men are scarce and women should take the bull by the horn
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by tuffgongjo(m): 11:18am On Jul 31, 2014
Make Chimamanda's disciples come answer now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Married Men And Their Wooing Palaver / Why Are Nigerian Girls So Money-conscious? / Men Cheat With Ugly Women Because Beautiful Women Aren’t Romantic In Bed- Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.